• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

I haven't checked Harada's twitter in a while. There's all this cool new fanart.

BH1NhBACQAErBKj.jpg

BHBXu-nCYAEZ3mC.jpg

BHKr2OZCcAAU0MA.jpg

BH6hxxSCIAAtv3s.jpg

BIKVedXCIAA_agl.jpg

BIEiSFxCMAAsCkE.jpg

Also, Hwoarang military costume. We need to see Tekken 4 costumes make a return.

BIJVIz0CYAIL3pI.jpg

DEATH™

Williams are so SQ

make Ogre

Sorry, I don't have most of the models... I still have to learn to take them from the game since the guys who take them don't share them very much...

That is pretty awesome work there DEATH. Wow.

:lol

Still better than jaguars.

Take that back DansGame

But yeah... just found about this 3D thingy by looking at DeviantArt... Most of them are really good (and having Windows help too... I sometimes regret having Mac...).

For example...
http://arai1986.deviantart.com/gallery/41680250

And this guy seems to have all the renders...

http://deronar.deviantart.com/gallery/41522754?offset=0

Its just frustrating that they don't share their stuff publicly. I gotta be in their circle first... Bah...

P.S. They also have DOA models too, which pretty much make the overpriced DOA5 costumes garbage...

Manbig

Its not about the character being male or female. Its not about being anime. SQ is a mentality. Its two fold let me explain.

If your character is a SQ character it doesn't mean you are it just means your character that you like has a large amount of SQs that play them.

The problem that evolves from there however. Most SQ characters do not promote solid play and an enviroment to learn the game properly.

Lingmassacre who is probably the most famous Ling player and a good friend of mine famously said he never learned how to actually play Tekken until Tekken 6 because Ling as a character never taught him fundimentals.

I am not saying dont play the chatacters you like but THIS guy was im character crisis and learning how to plau the game. For his own sake I recommended what I thought was best for his progress. He has every right to ignore what I have suggested.

I personally really like Auska and Anna aesthetically but I would never play Asuka cause I hate the way she plays, while I do play Anna cause I like the way she plays.

Fair enough. I'd personally put Capos, Ling, and Zafina in that area more than Asuka/Jun though. I recall hearing Ling Massacre say that he didn't have good throw breaking in a podcast back in the T6 days due to Ling rarely having to worry about throws. You just have to remind yourself (or have other people remind you) what is a gimmick and what isn't. You also have to train up your basics even if your character may not have to worry about some of that stuff vs most players.

On another note, to further highlight how silly online ranked is, I made a troll account that I've been messing around on for the past week. Keep in mind that I'm nowhere near a good player here and I went 70 W 1 L before I started racking up any more losses AND a lot of those losses were people grabbing a ton in matches with questionable connection quality.

Currently a 81 W 8 L 91% ranked record

Not pointing this out to show off or anything, just trying to emphasize how pointless the record really is. There's a TON of people that play online and run dumb gimmicks. If you're having trouble with a specific move, watch a replay, find that move in defensive training mode, and learn how to deal with it. That is pretty much the only true meaningful thing you can learn from online.

Sayah

@ DEATH: Thanks for that. I'm trying to learn 3D modeling but I don't have any time. I have autodesk maya installed and everything. Is blender easier to learn? Just wondering.

DEATH™

@ DEATH: Thanks for that. I'm trying to learn 3D modeling but I don't have any time. I have autodesk maya installed and everything. Is blender easier to learn? Just wondering.

Nope... The interface still needs work, but once you get through with it, it can do wonders. TBH as of right now I'm still not used to it... I just used GLLara Posing Studio to make that Nina pose since most game models out there are ported to be there because it's easy to make poses there (and the fact that Blender and Maya doesn't open .mesh files). This is why I want to find out how to get the models myself so I can actually use Blender/Maya/3DSMax.

Harada tweeted before that they use Maya for the game so yeah... I wish I can meetup Harada at EVO and ask for the CG models instead *Kreygasm*

P.S. I need to stop somehow... I'm still not finished with my mountain of homework...

Sayah

DEATH™;54653124 said:
Nope... The interface still needs work, but once you get through with it, it can do wonders. TBH as of right now I'm still not used to it... I just used GLLara Posing Studio to make that Nina pose since most game models out there are ported to be there because it's easy to make poses there (and the fact that Blender and Maya doesn't open .mesh files). This is why I want to find out how to get the models myself so I can actually use Blender/Maya/3DSMax.

Harada tweeted before that they use Maya for the game so yeah... I wish I can meetup Harada at EVO and ask for the CG models instead *Kreygasm*

P.S. I need to stop somehow... I'm still not finished with my mountain of homework...

Ok thank you.

I'll just keep learning maya whenever I have spare time then.

DEATH™

Ok thank you.

I'll just keep learning maya whenever I have spare time then.

If you want, you can play around with XNALara... That's what most people do... GLLara is just a XNALara clone for Mac and still underdeveloped, hence the pixelated render on mine. It's easy to play with and you can understand stuff like meshes, bones, lighting etc.

Now I kinda appreciate the people who make these games. Having to make a model is hard by itself, animating the whole thing would be darn hard...

Sayah

DEATH™;54654249 said:
If you want, you can play around with XNALara... That's what most people do... GLLara is just a XNALara clone for Mac and still underdeveloped, hence the pixelated render on mine. It's easy to play with and you can understand stuff like meshes, bones, lighting etc.

Now I kinda appreciate the people who make these games. Having to make a model is hard by itself, animating the whole thing would be darn hard...

I'm buying a new laptop soon (within 3-4 weeks probably) so I'll download XNALara on there and see what I can do. The Nina model you've done is really great work, though. 3D modeling is just something I want to learn on the side. It's not even related to my field of study or anything.

Anyway, off-topic, I could use a laptop recommendation for $800 or under if anyone has any. Probably would like something that can play modern PC games and also has great performance/is great for multi-tasking. This is what I'm looking at right now.

Edit: I haven't even tried Windows 8. Is it worth it? A lot of people had negative reactions.

DEATH™

I'm buying a new laptop soon (within 3-4 weeks probably) so I'll download XNALara on there and see what I can do. The Nina model you've done is really great work, though. 3D modeling is just something I want to learn on the side. It's not even related to my field of study or anything.

Anyway, off-topic, I could use a laptop recommendation for $800 or under if anyone has any. Probably would like something that can play modern PC games and also has great performance/is great for multi-tasking. This is what I'm looking at right now.

Edit: I haven't even tried Windows 8. Is it worth it? A lot of people had negative reactions.

Everybody hates Windows, get used to it :p

And yeah, no expert in computer hardware these days, I can help you build the best rig money can buy, not the most cost effective :p

And yeah, these thing though is just on a side. Though I wish when I get a degree and a decent job I would go to school again and study arts. There were alot of things I want to study, from music, drawing, modeling and digital stuff, but I guess that would be for my kids instead...

Sayah

DEATH™;54656097 said:
Everybody hates Windows, get used to it :p

And yeah, no expert in computer hardware these days, I can help you build the best rig money can buy, not the most cost effective :p

And yeah, these thing though is just on a side. Though I wish when I get a degree and a decent job I would go to school again and study arts. There were alot of things I want to study, from music, drawing, modeling and digital stuff, but I guess that would be for my kids instead...

Oh nah, I don't think I could build a computer. Completely suck in that department. :lol

Worth what? It sucks.

I'll have to read up some reviews on why it sucks. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to buy a separate Windows 7 CD for that laptop I linked and I'd rather not do that.

I had XP from 2003ish-2011, only then I got Windows 7.

XP was pretty great back in the day. Nowadays, I highly prefer Windows 7.

Everyone has a mac nowadays though but I'd rather not switch to mac's.

Tekken 4 costumes >

I miss Bryan's default one with the knife collection...

yes, T4 might have not been the best in the series, but its still my favorite art and mood direction in the entire series... nothing else feels like it. plus those sketches fucking rock.

who's the artist who did all the T4 drawings again?

LowParry

Sayah,

I need all the Anna technology you got. All of it. :D Moves, movies, combos, sexy good times. The whole enchilada.

Edit: As kindly requested, lol.

Sayah

Sayah,

I need all the Anna technology you got. All of it. :D Moves, movies, combos, sexy good times. The whole enchilada.

Edit: As kindly requested, lol.

I'm working on a tutorial for Anna and Nina that will hopefully help you out. Will post it here as soon as it's done. :)

Fraeon

The problem that evolves from there however. Most SQ characters do not promote solid play and an enviroment to learn the game properly.

Lingmassacre who is probably the most famous Ling player and a good friend of mine famously said he never learned how to actually play Tekken until Tekken 6 because Ling as a character never taught him fundimentals.

What specifically in characters like Lili, Alisa or JC doesn't promote "solid play"? I get capos and Ling/Miharu because they function completely differently from the rest of the cast.

ZTS

Banned
What specifically in characters like Lili, Alisa or JC doesn't promote "solid play"? I get capos and Ling/Miharu because they function completely differently from the rest of the cast.

You didn't read the "most" part. Its all what u make of it too.you must understand, thats why I said its a mentality. Alisa has all the tools to be solid but also enough go nuts stuff to where someone can ignore the solid. Julia used to be a character you couldnt play that way but Jaycee is different.

You also assume that I said all none SQ characters teach you the game. I never implied such.a thing.

Capos, Lei, Bears, Hwo, Zafina, and Baek I feel do not teach you about the game well but none of them are a character a SQ would pick.

To put it as simple as possible a SQ is somewhere mentality wise between a scrub and a fanboy.

LowParry

I'm working on a tutorial for Anna and Nina that will hopefully help you out. Will post it here as soon as it's done. :)

That would be simply amazing :D

Edit: Oh and ZTS, you got any vids of Lingmassacre matches or playing in general? I do agree with Ling not being a good character to teach you the fundamentals of Tekken. Though she has different perks about her playstyle that help.

GrayFoxPL

I'm watching old school T5DR Nin, Knee stuff like this and shit how I miss this game. You can still watch top players and be amazed by sheer speed and reactions. And juggles last 1 second not 8. :p

What do you guys think of an idea if Namco released a Tekken Hub like collection of most popular classics in the series with netcode of Tag2?

It would be tightly integrated application in the sense all games would quickly launch like it was one game stored in memory and lobbies would always show who is playing which game so no matter if you're in Tekken 3, your friend playing DR, push a join button and in 5-6 sec you're sitting in his lobby.

4 games in this collection would be probably:
Tekken 2 ver. B(did anyone in the world even played ver. A? Lol)
Tekken 3
Tag 1
Tekken 5 DR

4 games would be an ok medium between quantity and quality, also 2 oldschool and 2 hardcore games would be fair I think.

But imagine playing DR lighting quick matches with sweet Tag 2 netcode - hhhhhhhnnnngg!

Maybe Tekken Arena or Revolution is this? Hhhnnnnnnggg!!

LowParry

GGs with Muhnner. I used to able to play a whole lot of matches but man, today just isn't my day. Real fun games I must say. The Law poke game I need to figure out. lol - I think Kuni I'm going to main for now on. I've been back and forth with her but I like her options all around.

Dereck

GGs with Muhnner. I used to able to play a whole lot of matches but man, today just isn't my day. Real fun games I must say. The Law poke game I need to figure out. lol - I think Kuni I'm going to main for now on. I've been back and forth with her but I like her options all around.
You were so anti-back turn, I didn't realize how punishable it was. Too many people freeze up when Law turns his back, they really shouldn't.

MikeMyers

I miss Bryan's default one with the knife collection...

yes, T4 might have not been the best in the series, but its still my favorite art and mood direction in the entire series... nothing else feels like it. plus those sketches fucking rock.

who's the artist who did all the T4 drawings again?

Yeah Tekken 4 was great, from a visual standpoint.

I loved Paul's second player outfit.

Manbig

You were so anti-back turn, I didn't realize how punishable it was. Too many people freeze up when Law turns his back, they really shouldn't.

Depends on what you use to go back turned. Typically, I like to stand and just guard. The 2 scary options from it are launch punish on block by pretty much the whole cast.

On another note, consider grabbing more when you're backturned and feel like you trained them to stand still. When backturned, the hands always animate as a 1+2 break.

Rip ducks a lot after going back turned. I don't know if this is to confuse people or make jabs whiff, but it seems to work every single time. :lol

You just need to be less predictable. And yeah, nobody breaks backturned throws.

Dereck

The duck does absolutely nothing and is extremely punishable. I have no idea, but everyone in ranked falls for that.

I usually do, db2 to go back turn, and then 1, db2 to 1, which isn't punishable because it's too fast. Or db2, to elbow spring kick, which, if you're ducking will hit you. I saw JFJ, do db2, to turn around into crouch, db2 to 1, db2, to 2, delay 2. Even though some people won't fall for the delay 2. Back turn d4 is something to be the most afraid of, but I've been doing that a lot less, so when I do use it, you're blocking high instead of low and I get that launch. It's also slow as hell so it's easy to block.

I also need to chill with the Tricky Step. Admittedly I do it most of the time on accident, but when I do it, I notice everyone just freezes for 1 second, and then launches me. It's hilarious.

Top Bottom