• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Too busy crying at how bad I am at this game.

I'm broke so I'm working random jobs to make enough to spend on travelling to Toryuken

Manbig

DEATH™;54992685 said:
I'm not used to seeing this thread down my subscription list... What things you all doing?

Outside of work/school, I've saved my precious bit of free time for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I did hit up GM to tell him that I'll probably come around for sessions after this semester is up, so you'll see me actually playing the game more often around the end of May. :)

Sayah

DEATH™;54992685 said:
I'm not used to seeing this thread down my subscription list... What things you all doing?
Busy doing work. But I'll be free after Friday. Then, I got a whole summer of working two jobs and applying for scholarships before I start grad school. I got my bachelor's with zero in loans and I'm gonna aim the same for grad school. After that, I hope I'm in a well situated job and don't have to worry about things.........and can play Tekken with a free mind. :)

I officially picked up Bob as a main.

Please......stop.

Sayah

Oh, you thought I was joking?

Bob and Lars are the two characters I wish Tekken never introduced. I would have been fine with a 38-character roster in T6. :p

Or at least they should have nerfed certain things instead of making another slim bob.
/salt

Dereck

If not Bob then Bruce. Bryan annoys me because he feels clunky and slow, Feng seems too confusing. Leo's combo's involve too much QCF movements in between attacks, I can't get Lee's mist step down. Paul feels too clunky and slow just like Bryan. Bob fits me perfectly, he doesn't have confusing stances and his poke game is tight. I didn't want to main Bob, I just did because everyone else seems annoying to play with.

MikeMyers

Bob and Lars are the two characters I wish Tekken never introduced. I would have been fine with a 38-character roster in T6. :p

Or at least they should have nerfed certain things instead of making another slim bob.
/salt

I don't really like any of the newer characters, T5's cast was pretty much the last of what I like.

Degen

That's awesome that you're considering Bob, boutdown. You seem to like rushing opponents down and Bob is really good at that

So that's great, boutdown. That's great and we're all happy for you

yep

[screams internally]

DEATH™

I don't really like any of the newer characters, T5's cast was pretty much the last of what I like.

You didn't like Zafina? She plays like she was made in earlier Tekkens...

@aak and sayah good luck for you guys! Job sucks, but we gotta earn something...

@manbig yeah I feel yah... After this sem though I might go double jobs or something... If God is willing, I will be transferring to a University soon...

MikeMyers

DEATH™;54999477 said:
You didn't like Zafina? She plays like she was made in earlier Tekkens...

@aak and sayah good luck for you guys! Job sucks, but we gotta earn something...

@manbig yeah I feel yah... After this sem though I might go double jobs or something... If God is willing, I will be transferring to a University soon...

Zafina and Lars were alright, but I didn't really care for the rest.

For example, I remember the new T4 characters off the top of my head, same with T5 - I had to use google to remember who T6 debuted.

By the way, I heard Lili was in some fan service series called Queen's Blade or something? What?

ZTS

Banned
Yo Sayah vs. Zzy FT10 going on right now. No fucks are being given!! OHH!!!

Double Perfect?!?!? Triple TRIPLE PERFECT?!!? OHHHH!?!!?!

LowParry

But Miguel and Law are cool? Confusing opinions.

I certainly have more fun playing against that team. However I think with Bob, you're not dishing out as much damage as you would with Miguel. At least that's what seams to be the case when we played. Plus Twin Laws gets a tad frustrating cause of the poke game you got with them.

Dereck

I certainly have more fun playing against that team. However I think with Bob, you're not dishing out as much damage as you would with Miguel. At least that's what seams to be the case when we played. Plus Twin Laws gets a tad frustrating cause of the poke game you got with them.
oooooo, thanks.

ZTS

Banned
DEATH™;55002153 said:

Sorry no stream just in a PZN room. Hopefully videos will be uploaded later. Zzy is starting to pull away though, Sayah looking for answers switches to Jinpachi.

Dereck

OK Tekken GAF, you've got me intrigued. Suggest three characters that I should try based off of my liking to Miguel and Law.

Manbig

If not Bob then Bruce. Bryan annoys me because he feels clunky and slow, Feng seems too confusing. Leo's combo's involve too much QCF movements in between attacks, I can't get Lee's mist step down. Paul feels too clunky and slow just like Bryan. Bob fits me perfectly, he doesn't have confusing stances and his poke game is tight. I didn't want to main Bob, I just did because everyone else seems annoying to play with.

I can see why you would feel that way about Bryan, but Paul? Outside of Demo Man, I always pegged him to be one of the easiest characters in the game to use.

Dereck

I can see why you would feel that way about Bryan, but Paul? Outside of Demo Man, I always pegged him to be one of the easiest characters in the game to use.
Hmmmm

I feel like if I can't learn QCF, or "during hit" strings properly, I can't be good with Paul.

MikeMyers

I main with him Paul and he's pretty easy if you choose the "high-risk, high-reward" method. I generally find doing juggles with him pretty though because its not like his launchers are anything special.

Manbig

I main with him Paul and he's pretty easy if you choose the "high-risk, high-reward" method. I generally find doing juggles with him pretty though because its not like his launchers are anything special.

Outside of his super high damage options, he has a safe d/f2 that crushes, and a hopkick. I'd argue the exact opposite about his launchers.

He also has a solid range of block punishers from standing. Don't know about the speed of his WS stuff though.

Either way, he's one of the most well rounded characters in the game, IMO.

Hmmmm

I feel like if I can't learn QCF, or "during hit" strings properly, I can't be good with Paul.

It's really just ff2:1 and Demo Man. His QCF/QCB sways animate like melting butter.

ZTS

Banned
I lost 10-2 to jaguars. :p

I've been on a roll as far as sucking goes. lol

Zzy is the best King player in the country next to Majin free. Don't feel so bad. He's just old and angry so he doesn't travel as much anymore. Plus you weren't breakin any throws : (

MikeMyers

Outside of his super high damage options, he has a safe d/f2 that crushes, and a hopkick. I'd argue the exact opposite about his launchers.

He also has a solid range of block punishers from standing. Don't know about the speed of his WS stuff though.

Either way, he's one of the most well rounded characters in the game, IMO.

It's really just ff2:1 and Demo Man. His QCF/QCB sways animate like melting butter.

Eh, maybe you're just a better Paul player because I never get the chance for a launcher. I do agree that he is well rounded.

ff2:1 is easy, but Demo Man is pretty tough. From what I've heard its

D+4 : 2 : 1+2

and not

D+4 , 2 : 1+2

Basically, the whole thing is a JF, not just the last part.

Manbig

Eh, maybe you're just a better Paul player because I never get the chance for a launcher. I do agree that he is well rounded.

ff2:1 is easy, but Demo Man is pretty tough. From what I've heard its

D+4 : 2 : 1+2

and not

D+4 , 2 : 1+2

Basically, the whole thing is a JF, not just the last part.

While they're not those stupid "mid crushing" launchers, they're still fantastic whiff punishers. That's pretty much all you need them to be.

Sayah

Zzy is the best King player in the country next to Majin free. Don't feel so bad. He's just old and angry so he doesn't travel as much anymore. Plus you weren't breakin any throws : (

In retaliation, I tried to do many throws in return. :p

I'm working on throw breaking and side stepping after today. Thanks for the matches though. Sort of a wakeup call. It's even harder when I'm trying to learn marvel at the same time. But I will keep training because.......

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST.......

I'll have the uploaded matches for you soon.

Thanks again to boutdown. This roxio thing is amazing as far as capturing goes. My only complaint is the buggy as hell software. Video editing is annoying with this thing so I just use windows movie maker to cut clips instead.

ZTS

Banned
In retaliation, I tried to do many throws in return. :p

I'm working on throw breaking and side stepping after today. Thanks for the matches though. Sort of a wakeup call. It's even harder when I'm trying to learn marvel at the same time. But I will keep training because.......

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST.......

I'll have the uploaded matches for you soon.

Thanks again to boutdown. This roxio thing is amazing as far as capturing goes. My only complaint is the buggy as hell software. Video editing is annoying with this thing so I just use windows movie maker to cut clips instead.

BTW...91....that's not the year you were born right?

Manbig

OK Tekken GAF, you've got me intrigued. Suggest three characters that I should try based off of my liking to Miguel and Law.

Missed this earlier.

Jack - Most complicated input involved is debugger and getting used to dash up into f4, but you can do fine without either of those honestly.

He'll get you used to learning proper spacing and fighting at your character's optimal range.
You can honestly do pretty well with him just using like 10 moves.

Bruce - Relatively brain dead character that has a nice range of punishers, good counter hit options, and very high damage.

Dragunov - Will teach you how to set up and confirm your counter hits properly. Nice range of pokes. Arguably the best character to learn how to iWR input with.

Dereck

Bruce - Relatively brain dead character that has a nice range of punishers, good counter hit options, and very high damage.

Dragunov - Will teach you how to set up your counter hits properly. Nice range of pokes. Arguably the best character to learn how to iWR input with.
What is iWR? It's something while rising right?

Manbig

What is iWR?

Instant While Running. For Drag, the go to move for this is While Running 2. A few other characters use this technique, but Drag has one of the better moves to practice it with.

Any Paul combos in particular that you use?

Negative. Not a Paul player. I just know that a safe on block, i15 d/f2 that crushes highs and has decent range is one of the more obnoxious moves in the game. You can almost randomly throw it out while sidestepping without a care in the world.

Hopkick is self explanatory.

What did you find confusing about Feng? I really can't think of a simpler character. I can teach you some tricks with him if you want.

Leo doesn't need qcf in her combos. You just hold d or d/f to transition between stances. I still wouldn't recommend her for you, though. Not really your style.

MikeMyers

I'm 19, so I guess I'm the youngest here? I've actually been playing since 1998, when I was 4, although only in recenty years do I play "seriously"

Negative. Not a Paul player. I just know that a safe on block, i15 d/f2 that crushes highs and has decent range is one of the more obnoxious moves in the game. You can almost randomly throw it out while sidestepping without a care in the world.

Hopkick is self explanatory.

Ah okay then. I usually just go to TZ to get my combos to practice.

Dereck

All I can think of that might be difficult at first is his tag assault ender (3~4,3). He isn't execution heavy at all in my opinion. Super, super easy combos.
It doesn't help that I'm very picky about characters, particularly how their moves land and how their combos connect. Thanks for the help though guys.

Sayah

All I can think of that might be difficult at first is his tag assault ender (3~4,3). He isn't execution heavy at all in my opinion. Super, super easy combos.

Yeah, boutdown, I think Feng wouldn't be that bad for you. Plus, he has a lot of backturn stuff like Laws.

Top Bottom