• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

ZTS

Banned
2-0 MistaGhetto. Best WD into WS launchers in the business. Damn!

Edit:

Holy Shit Sayah picked his shit and WD with Nina right in his face! 2-1 with ta perfect, THE DISRESPECT.

Edit:

MistaGhetto wasn't having that shit. 3-1 MistaGhetto. 2 bad ducks against the wall cost Sayah the game.

Edit:

Close Match but MistaGhettos switch to Devil Kaz ends up being the deciding factor 4-1 MistaGhetto. Can our hero rally? He's been close a lot but not winning the games.

Edit:

Sayah wins that one convincingly. Can he rally? He's spend too much time with Jinpachi and not enough with Nina. Will that prove costly? 4-2 MistaGhetto.

Edit:

5-2 MistaGhetto. Last game was full of Disrespect. I smell salty runback in the future.

ZTS

Banned
Sayah you should have done better against MistaGhetto. We'll see who else we can get you to play. Actually let me ask you would you rather fight, Don Frye, Ofdp, Damus, or Glory? Runback with Polish from APEX?

I hope you are having fun playing against these guys as well as learning at the same time.

Sayah

Sayah you should have done better against MistaGhetto. We'll see who else we can get you to play. Actually let me ask you would you rather fight, Don Frye, Ofdp, Damus, or Glory?

I hope you are having fun playing against these guys as well as learning at the same time.

Probably. Appreciate all the competition you're giving me. I actually don't know any of those people so I'll be happy to play anyone.

ZTS

Banned
Probably. Appreciate all the competition you're giving me. I actually don't know any of those people so I'll be happy to play anyone.

Well if I were to rank them in terms of strength

1.) Ofdp
2.) PolishMafia
3.) Don Frye
4.) Damus
5.) Glory

If I was to rerank them compared to the players you've played against(I hope the Upstate guys don't see this)

1.) Ofdp
2.) Zzy
3.) PolishMafia
4.) Don Frye
5.) Ben111(MistaGhetto)
6.) Damus
7.) Glory

I'll see what I can set up for you. Keep practicing.

AAK

I want in on this action... can I get some matches with the upstate crew? I'm in dire need of practice myself!

Pretty much. I was considering going but when I heard that Tekken was basically a side tournament I just didn't bother.

I suppose it's a complicated issue, but aren't the organizers of NCR treating Tekken like a side tournament because of the poor attendance in the previous NCR events? The last time Tekken was at NCR which I guess was in 2011, Socal still didn't show up and it was the usual Bronson vs Naps exhibition. Shouldn't the community try to come to these events and surpass the KOF/Smash/Injustice numbers to show that TTT2 deserves to be in the main stage on Sunday? I suppose the thing I'm trying to say is that isn't it our own fault Tekken is getting the treatment right now at NCR and shouldn't we have taken steps to change that?

I would have loved to come NCR but I can't enter the US before getting my visa. I'm trying to get my papers ready by UFGT but the embassy makes it an exceedingly long process... also being a Muslim Pakistani/Indian doesn't help

DEATH™;55156520 said:

Welp, I guess this was the last piece of charity Namco will ever show for Tekken. Congrats you retarded twitter rejects :/

So AAK when are you gonna get Devil Jin and Christie into the green?

Lol, I haven't played that team in ranked in forever. I wanted a unique Mishima team but getting the most out of their synergy requires a lot of execution practice which I'd rather just dedicate to my main Hwoa/Julia team. :( But since you mentioned it, I'll try :) Just by playing defensively (i.e. block/whiff punishing correctly) and using throws/lows should be enough really to get them to green rank anyway lol. I should aim for at least yellow rank if I was taking them seriously.

DEATH™

I suppose it's a complicated issue, but aren't the organizers of NCR treating Tekken like a side tournament because of the poor attendance in the previous NCR events? The last time Tekken was at NCR which I guess was in 2011, Socal still didn't show up and it was the usual Bronson vs Naps exhibition. Shouldn't the community try to come to these events and surpass the KOF/Smash/Injustice numbers to show that TTT2 deserves to be in the main stage on Sunday? I suppose the thing I'm trying to say is that isn't it our own fault Tekken is getting the treatment right now at NCR and shouldn't we have taken steps to change that?

I would have loved to come NCR but I can't enter the US before getting my visa. I'm trying to get my papers ready by UFGT but the embassy makes it an exceedingly long process... also being a Muslim Pakistani/Indian doesn't help

But at the same time, even if Tekken players show up, we wouldn't be getting any kind of love. Everybody's focused on Marvel there due to F Champ and the locals basically. Even if we show up, we're gonna be a side-tourney no matter what. Well, every game aside Marvel would be...

AAK

DEATH™;55188668 said:
But at the same time, even if Tekken players show up, we wouldn't be getting any kind of love. Everybody's focused on Marvel there due to F Champ and the locals basically. Even if we show up, we're gonna be a side-tourney no matter what. Well, every game aside Marvel would be...

I know it can't be changed for this year, but this boycott right now would just lead to Tekken getting the same Skullgirls/Mortal Kombat treatment at next year's NCR.

Sayah

@AAK - If you need practice for toryuken, let me know.

Well if I were to rank them in terms of strength

1.) Ofdp
2.) PolishMafia
3.) Don Frye
4.) Damus
5.) Glory

If I was to rerank them compared to the players you've played against(I hope the Upstate guys don't see this)

1.) Ofdp
2.) Zzy
3.) PolishMafia
4.) Don Frye
5.) Ben111(MistaGhetto)
6.) Damus
7.) Glory

I'll see what I can set up for you. Keep practicing.
ohhhh. I already faced polishmafia at Apex before. I want to add all these people. Get that strong competition going. Thanks man.

Some day I'll wavedash like a boss. I'm halfway there. :(

Keep practicing. Also that Ling art I linked above is amazing. Check it out.

DEATH™

I know it can't be changed for this year, but this boycott right now would just lead to Tekken getting the same if not worse treatment at next year's NCR.

TBH, as good or bad it sound, Tekken players couldn't care less. Remember, unlike most top players in AE or Marvel, Tekken players generally use their own pocket money to go to tourneys. Why would they go sacrifice one day of salary, travel overnight and hurry up tired to play to a tourney where not only there's gonna be less turnout, but the organizers themselves don't treat your game right and poorly managing the whole thing? You're not there only to win yourself rent money but also to have fun...

Again, not that we're wishing for Tekken to not grow but the players and organizers are grown men, as at least we should respect each other. The organizers put KOF and Tekken like they don't care. It's like they are there just to be there. Why would we bother spending our time and money there if you don't want us there anyway?

AAK

Edit 2: Matches are here.

Nice, thanks for the upload! That sidewalking!! Also 2 things that really stood out for me:

1. After Anna's f,f+3,4,3~b you always end it with the shoulder, can't you do her new bound move from landing that string successfully?

2. When you do Anna's bound move at the wall, Nina comes in and you do her d/f+3,4,3 into Anna's qcf+2,1. Can't you get more out of it? I know Nina can do her 4,d+3,4,3 for the TA filler?
And Vice versa, when I was practicing Julia/Anna when I could bound someone at the wall with Julia at the wall, I could do Anna's WS+3~b,d/f+2,1 as the TA filler and end with Julia's hurricanrana. Maybe that could work too with Anna/Nina's synergy. Try it out :)

Why dd you get rid of the Nina avatar?

I've got loads of them if you'd like one ;)

iwgrMnA2QCjP9.png
iDVawdtmobAsF.png
iLTg7qoAyaz6p.png
iIIG7Y1PVnsEE.png
ib1pkX4zDFML0P.png

defectivelasagna is using that other one I made in the OP. If you'd like to request one I'd gladly make it for you :)

EDIT: And thanks for the offer Sayah, I'll definitely hit you up sometime to get some matches in :)

EDIT2: @Death, I don't think Kineda and the NCR crew were trying to disrespect Tekken. And as grown men, we shouldn't take it personally. I mean, it is understandable that it's hard to sacrifice work for playing videogames. I work on weekends and I had to sacrifice both days to make it to Toryuken. It's been known for a while that NCR was gonna be 3 days. NCR guys decided on a schedule and they had to stick to it. Hopefully they'll learn but the Tekken community that have the means to support the event should. I have no idea why I don't see guys like Bronson or subtL aren't in the brackets when they are living in Norcal and leaders of their scene.

Sayah

Nice, thanks for the upload! That sidewalking!! Also 2 things that really stood out for me:

1. After Anna's f,f+3,4,3~b you always end it with the shoulder, can't you do her new bound move from landing that string successfully?

2. When you do Anna's bound move at the wall, Nina comes in and you do her d/f+3,4,3 into Anna's qcf+2,1. Can't you get more out of it? I know Nina can do her 4,d+3,4,3 for the TA filler?
And Vice versa, when I was practicing Julia/Anna when I could bound someone at the wall with Julia at the wall, I could do Anna's WS+3~b,d/f+2,1 as the TA filler and end with Julia's hurricanrana. Maybe that could work too with Anna/Nina's synergy. Try it out :)

Usually, with Anna, I've seen f+3, b, d/f+2,1 during TA's and that move is usually unreliable and often misses. But I've never tried the same string with WS+3 instead. That's interesting. I'll have to try it out. And Nina's 4,d+3,4,3 also has to be timed efficiently I think and it's easier to mess it up so I don't use it anyway.

Also, you can bound after f,f+3,4,3~b only in certain instances. Depends on how the opponent is hit. If the last kick in that string hits the opponent, then it's possible to bound with 1+2 while in cat stance. But more often than not, the last kick in that string does not hit and the only thing you can do is her aphrodite scorn/tackle. At least in T6, Anna was able to do d+3,3 after that string but even that doesn't work any more. Only thing that can be done is the butt tackle in most instances.

I've got loads of them if you'd like one ;)

Thanks. Gonna go back to the original one I had before. :)

iDVawdtmobAsF.png

Also, I'm probably going to register for ECT after I get paid this week. Even if I don't end up going, at least I'll be supporting the Tekken scene in some way. Add one more entrant to the list.

Sayah

I'm also happy to report that I've gotten rid of my habit of relying on button binding. Have been using ivory cutters and aphrodite scorns just fine for the past two or so weeks now.

DEATH™;55190212 said:

Sort of similar to this cosplay (except they are smiling).

I'll save that pic for next time.

Speaking of, I like these anna cosplay.

http://api.ning.com/files/XeXOeTpZ0...aWilliamsfromTekken5.jpg?width=575&height=600

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/221/5/e/Tekken__Anna_Williams_by_Ranma2020.jpg

AAK

^^^
NICE! now just to break your d+4,1 and u/f+4,3,4 habits! But unfortunately, unless you play claw style, breaking 1+2 throws must be really hard. I suppose since the majority of tournaments allow it now thanks to SF4, you can rely on it if you have to.

As for Nina's string, I used to have that problem too with Julia's 3~b,F,1+2,4,1+2 TA filler wall juggle but as long as I inputted the 3 as fast as possible, the rest was much easier to pull off. I pretty much always go for it haha. I dunno, I see Onlypractice consistently do that string with Nina at the wall and that combo is just so damaging and stylish that I wish all Nina practitioners went for it haha.

Awesome, hope you can make it to ECT :)

I main with Paul and Asuka actually.

The Paul one is still available in the OP, I made this new for Asuka right now if you'd like :) Couldn't find a nice couple of images that look good having both Paul and Asuka together, but I'll try again later... enough procrastinating LOL.

ibmBkeHVZ30jOH.png

Sayah

^^^^
I will make that my next Nina avatar after I get tired of this one.
^^^
NICE! now just to break your d+4,1 and u/f+4,3,4 habits! But unfortunately, unless you play claw style, breaking 1+2 throws must be really hard. I suppose since the majority of tournaments allow it now thanks to SF4, you can rely on it if you have to.

As for Nina's string, I used to have that problem too with Julia's 3~b,F,1+2,4,1+2 TA filler wall juggle but as long as I inputted the 3 as fast as possible, the rest was much easier to pull off. I pretty much always go for it haha. I dunno, I see Onlypractice consistently do that string with Nina at the wall and that combo is just so damaging and stylish that I wish all Nina practitioners went for it haha.

Awesome, hope you can make it to ECT :)

LOL, I'm supposed to be finishing work right now but instead I'm gonna go try these wall combos, haha.

And most tournaments allow button binding now? Interesting.

ZTS

Banned
Yo AAK I just got fucked out of my hotel room at Toryuken. Do you know anybody who I can room with. Obviously I will pay. I'm just kinda salty about this situation and want to fix it ASAP.

AAK

Yo AAK I just got fucked out of my hotel room at Toryuken. Do you know anybody who I can room with. Obviously I will pay. I'm just kinda salty about this situation and want to fix it ASAP.

DONE! You're in. I have a room with Tyler (Vargasthestick) and Muhammed.

AAK

When I travelled to a Montreal monthly, a guy in the city let me stay at his home with only 1 days notice.. A COMPLETE STRANGER. I'll never forget the hospitality the Tekken community showed me.

Manbig

When I travelled to a Montreal monthly, a guy in the city let me stay at his home with only 1 days notice.. A COMPLETE STRANGER. I'll never forget the hospitality the Tekken community showed me.

While I never traveled myself, I would always see people set up this kind of thing and it always surprised me. I respect it, because I know I'm not the type to open up my place to people I don't know in such a way.

Usually, with Anna, I've seen f+3, b, d/f+2,1 during TA's and that move is usually unreliable and often misses. But I've never tried the same string with WS+3 instead. That's interesting. I'll have to try it out. And Nina's 4,d+3,4,3 also has to be timed efficiently I think and it's easier to mess it up so I don't use it anyway.

Also, you can bound after f,f+3,4,3~b only in certain instances. Depends on how the opponent is hit. If the last kick in that string hits the opponent, then it's possible to bound with 1+2 while in cat stance. But more often than not, the last kick in that string does not hit and the only thing you can do is her aphrodite scorn/tackle. At least in T6, Anna was able to do d+3,3 after that string but even that doesn't work any more. Only thing that can be done is the butt tackle in most instances.

Thanks. Gonna go back to the original one I had before. :)

iDVawdtmobAsF.png

Also, I'm probably going to register for ECT after I get paid this week. Even if I don't end up going, at least I'll be supporting the Tekken scene in some way. Add one more entrant to the list.

Hmm, This usually works pretty well for me after some practice. It has pretty weird timing.

Dereck

Your playing a lot better, more safe, great jab pressure, and backdashing. You should be able to get to green ranks with Bob and Law.
I just watched the replays. Is that really me playing? I didn't even notice how my movement was, I am beyond proud of myself.

Also, Nina + Sebastian, do it.

LowParry

I just watched the replays. Is that really me playing? I didn't even notice how my movement was, I am beyond proud of myself.

Also, Nina + Sebastian, do it.

I'm like that all the time when I watch my own matches. I swear I don't remember half of the things I do in a match.

Sayah

Hmm, This usually works pretty well for me after some practice. It has pretty weird timing.

I tried it last night and I can actually do it after some practice. The timing and everything just makes me not wanna do it, though. I know I'll mess it up in the heat of battle.

Manbig

So I'm trying to gather some data on low crushing moves and have a question for people that might know this about their characters.

Now I know generic hopkicks need something like 9 frames to be able to crush lows. There are moves that need far fewer frames to crush lows though. Some examples I've found are

Alisa's B3+4 and 1+2

Lili's SS3+4 (I think that's the input? The one where she jumps super high into the air, lands on your head, and kicks you into the air a few times.)

Does anyone know of any other moves that crush faster than hopkick? I'm trying to tighten up my offense when I'm at +7 or +8, so this is important match up info.

Sayah

So I'm trying to gather some data on low crushing moves and have a question for people that might know this about their characters.

Now I know generic hopkicks need something like 9 frames to be able to crush lows. There are moves that need far fewer frames to crush lows though. Some examples I've found are

Alisa's B3+4 and 1+2

Lili's SS3+4 (I think that's the input? The one where she jumps super high into the air, lands on your head, and kicks you into the air a few times.)

Does anyone know of any other moves that crush faster than hopkick? I'm trying to tighten up my offense when I'm at +7 or +8, so this is important match up info.

That Lili move doesn't require sidestep. It's just 3+4.

And u/f+3 with Nina is great. u/f+1 also goes over lows.

With anna, just use chaos judgment for automatic punishment.

Manbig

That Lili move doesn't require sidestep. It's just 3+4.

And u/f+3 with Nina is great. u/f+1 also goes over lows.

With anna, just use chaos judgment for automatic punishment.

Nina's u/f1 doesn't crush in this situation. She needs too many frames.

Thank you for the correction on 3+4.

Top Bottom