• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

EDIT: holy crap yes, Deps is right, cancans are ridiculous.

Nina's u/f1 doesn't crush in this situation. She needs too many frames.

Thank you for the correction on 3+4.

How about Lars's u/f+3? That move feels like it has all low crush frames lol.

Manbig

EDIT: holy crap yes, Deps is right, cancans are ridiculous.

How about Lars's u/f+3? That move feels like it has all low crush frames lol.

Asuka (and I'm assuming Jun's) cancans do indeed crush, but it won't CH launch this situation when I'm using a single hit low poke, so not very scary.

Her u/f4 crushes when I'm in a +7 situation, but does not crush my +8 situation.

Her b3+4 crushes very reliably in both of these situations.

u/f3 loses out in both.

As far as Lars goes, u/f3 and u/f4 both lose out here. So far it seems like Females have no problems low crushing lol. I'm really only worried about the ones that can launch me. I'll probably stick to going mid more often in those match ups.

Manbig

For those that are curious, the scenarios I'm using are Marduk's 1,d2 on hit (+7) into d4 and Dragunov's 4,1 on hit (+8) into d4.

D. Jin/Angel's U+3(U+4?)

Negative on that one. Devil Jin's u/f4 is the only low crush that he has that beats it, which kind of surprised me. I always pegged that move to be a unreliable low crush for some reason.

Bryan doesn't appear to have any low crush that beats it.

Nothing for Jinpachi.

Marduk's u/f3+4 beats it out.

Dereck

oooo, beat the fuck outta this Forest Law guy who was spamming Dragon Tails. Blocked like 80% of those shits, beat him twice, demoted him. I hope he learned his lesson.

MikeMyers

Watching the Tekken OVA ...not sure why lol.

oooo, beat the fuck outta this Forest Law guy who was spamming Dragon Tails. Blocked like 80% of those shits, beat him twice, demoted him. I hope he learned his lesson.

One time I battled a Mishima player who did nothing but EWGF.

MikeMyers

Lee is so awesome in the anime.

A lot of mishima players like to do nothing but EWGF's. Or at least that's what they try landing the whole match.

I mean, even when he hit me with EWGF, he just kept using it.

It got to the point where I just spammed Asuka's reversal to scare him lol.

AAK

Thank you for the games everyone. I honestly think the only reason I got a few games off Sayah was because of how many games we've played together since T6. I went online and people were running trains on me LOL.

DEATH™

Dude just look at the final fantasy tactics android thread, it had nothing to do with the FGC. It's all on him.

He always gets himself in trouble anyways. I still remember the time when he pissed the whole continent of Australia that got him a huge money match challenge that he backed out... Funny times

EDIT read the thread... Lesson learned...

Manbig

Whelp, as far as I've heard, ZTS is mostly a changed person from his former douchey ways. He was pretty cool in here though. Maybe it's not perma and he'll be back.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My new toy comes in tomorrow so I'll be streaming again on Monday. If anybody want exhibitions or whatever, tell me.

The PVR is not good for streaming Tekken. Some people can't even get it to stream period, especially with FME. I managed to get it to work despite all the troubles thanks to hours of testing stuff out. If you watch the streams or archives you will notice a lot of times there is tons of slowdown before matches in the intros, that's because of the PVR. I tried whatever ways I can to get it to not do that. With the PS3 being harder to stream to begin with, lowered quality compared to the 360 thanks to HDCP and the PVR being very archaic and buggy, it is time to move on.
The device itself is more than adequate for capturing and recording, there is no problem with that at all. Quality is better than watching it on TV itself but for streaming, no.

Sayah

My new toy comes in tomorrow so I'll be streaming again on Monday. If anybody want exhibitions or whatever, tell me.

The PVR is not good for streaming Tekken. Some people can't even get it to stream period, especially with FME. I managed to get it to work despite all the troubles thanks to hours of testing stuff out. If you watch the streams or archives you will notice a lot of times there is tons of slowdown before matches in the intros, that's because of the PVR. I tried whatever ways I can to get it to not do that. With the PS3 being harder to stream to begin with, lowered quality compared to the 360 thanks to HDCP and the PVR being very archaic and buggy, it is time to move on.
The device itself is more than adequate for capturing and recording, there is no problem with that at all. Quality is better than watching it on TV itself but for streaming, no.

Yeeeeeeeees. I'm looking forward to seeing the new stuff. :)

And you had top notch quality previously. If you can make it even better than that, then wow.

I was also at gamestop today and I guess the Tag 2 trailer must have been running in 1080P on Wii U. Game looked SO crisp and sharp. Much better than the 720p on PS3.

Sayah

I hate having the plug in the component cables just to record and then switch back to HDMI.

I have just stuck with component for that reason. Don't want to have to switch back and forth. Though, HDMI provides better quality.

There are boxes that strip HDMI encryption.

Really?

I forgot how boss the T6 soundtrack is. Goes good with TTT2. :D

Dist This Out, Temple Grounds, Electric Fountain, Fallen Colony, Urban War Zone. All great tracks.

Sayah

This box can allegedly do it (and Monoprice is a great shop), but they can't advertise that "feature" because it's illegal. I believe Rip has used it before on his stream. There is a video on youtube somewhere that shows how it works.

Wow. Thanks. I might have to buy this eventually.

Dereck

This box can allegedly do it (and Monoprice is a great shop), but they can't advertise that "feature" because it's illegal. I believe Rip has used it before on his stream. There is a video on youtube somewhere that shows how it works.
I heard Rip talk about this, I assumed it was very expensive and ignored the option.

AAK

Just had an offline training session with Muhammad. Argh, I don't know if I'm playing smart or not to prepare myself or the tournament. In the end I was basically playing the player rather than his characters and game system. Instead of practicing how to backdash and defend myself out of pressure I was concentrating on Muhammad's patterns with highs/lows/grabs and crushing appropriately. But his playstyle won't help me against everyone... and my mental capacity for trying to take in information is at its breaking point. :( Damn this is stressful.

And my arcade stick is dying again... My ball top this time won't tight fit on the shaft and now always rotates independently of the shaft, tried opening it up tighten it but it didn't work. It does bug me while I'm playing. I hope I can get used to it for the tournament.

And sorry to hear about ZTS. His aggressive posting etiquette does draw attention. It would have been fine if it stayed within the FGW and Tekken threads but once you go into mainstream game threads you have to be very careful since so many people are watching. Oh well, if you need anything ZTS, you can always PM me through TZ.com.

EDIT: Happy Birthday MarkMan!

Dereck

Sayah, is there an explanation as to why mistaghetto does not do ground attacks? There has to be a reason that I'm missing. Is he concerned with getting punished through a tag in?

AAK

DEATH™;55663068 said:
Ggs to boutboown... Chang hopkicks are punishable...

AAK, what's the punishers for Julia and Michelle?

-10: 1,2
-11: 4
-12: 2~b,2+3 )Michelle: 2~b,1+2)
-13: b+2,1+2 (Michelle: b+2,3)
-14: f,f+1,4<--- This is actually 13f frames but the extra f causes me to screw up quite a a bit, so it's not a reliable 13f punisher
-15: u/f+4,3
-16: d/f+2,1 <--- Tab bufferable

MikeMyers

By the way, doesnt anyone else on here main with either Paul or Asuka? I notice you guys tend to Skype each other and stuff for practice, so it'd be cool to get in touch with someone who uses same mains.

AAK

By the way, doesnt anyone else on here main with either Paul or Asuka? I notice you guys tend to Skype each other and stuff for practice, so it'd be cool to get in touch with someone who uses same mains.

I use a bit of Asuka... Not that knowledgable about Paul but I can do some experimentation later on :)

DEATH&#8482;;55688612 said:
I thought Michele got 2~B:1+2 insted right?

Yeah, my bad forgot to include that. but it's not a just frame, you can delay the input quite a bit.

Top Bottom