• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

I use a bit of Asuka... Not that knowledgable about Paul but I can do some experimentation later on :)

Yeah, my bad forgot to include that. but it's not a just frame, you can delay the input quite a bit.

Oh thanks... I really thought it has strict timing...

MikeMyers

I use a bit of Asuka... Not that knowledgable about Paul but I can do some experimentation later on :)

Yeah, my bad forgot to include that. but it's not a just frame, you can delay the input quite a bit.

Cool! I'll be sending you a PM later tonight.

AAK

iQy6ldVJ0S4Ke.png

MarkMan was sending sticks to Toronto? Argh! If I'd have known I would have asked him to send the one I won :(

Oh well. Hope you enjoy your birthday man :)
Cool! I'll be sending you a PM later tonight.

Sure thing :)

AAK

From a spectator point of view it might seem like Mr. Naps was letting him get away with a lot, but Kissarmy has like 5,000 matches in online ranked alone. He's got human tendency knowledge in every corner of his mind. I fall for so many shenanigans against him too.

But this double Law player.... so many d+2,3's.

Damn I really should have went to NCR. I'm trash and theres no doubt in my mind that I could have done some damage. NO f+2 punish on Law d+2,3 twice in a row. Barely any whiff punishing, no sidewalking, just nothing.

Manbig

Damn I really should have went to NCR. I'm trash and theres no doubt in my mind that I could have done some damage. NO f+2 punish on Law d+2,3 twice in a row. Barely any whiff punishing, no sidewalking, just nothing.

Wait... You're talking about Asuka f+2? That's 15f?

Wow, no one is online except Kadey lol.

I don't mind jumping on for a few, but my attention will be pretty split since the NBA playoffs are on.

Wait... You're talking about Asuka f+2? That's 15f?

I don't mind jumping on for a few, but my attention will be pretty split since the NBA playoffs are on.

Nah its 17 frames but you can punish Forrest's d+2,3 with it. Only the fully crouched version of d+2,3 is -15 but I'm pretty sure this guy was just tossing out raw d+2,3

And yeah bewtween the playoffs and NCR I'm gonna be busy for at least the next hour and a half.

Sayah

Happy b-day to markman.

Sayah, is there an explanation as to why mistaghetto does not do ground attacks? There has to be a reason that I'm missing. Is he concerned with getting punished through a tag in?

That was the first time I faced him. I'll have to rewatch the matches because I don't even remember anything.

Wow, no one is online except Kadey lol.

Are you still there? I can play. Just finished writing a 17 page research paper in one day. lol

I'm done with academia until Fall. Yeer.

AAK

Are you still there? I can play. Just finished writing a 17 page research paper in one day. lol

I'm done with academia until Fall. Yeer.

congrats!

yup we're still online :_)

EDIT:

Stream looks super good Kadey, but my crappy internet can't handle both Tekken and the high quality streams... gonna have to close it :(

Sayah

GGs to AAK, manny and Dev.
Thanks to Kadey for stream.
Also, sorry Dev. I know you just started playing but I had to go. :/

I'm the lobby killer. It seems everytime I join everyone leaves.

We gotta get rid of these damn controllers. So many accidental inputs. My d-pad and buttons are all out of whack.

And yeah Death that last shot was scary. If it went in I'm sure Oakland would be in a riot right now.

*edit* holy shit I just lost to a guy who spammed lows. He landed 34 low blows on me and I dodged 8 of them. It was one of those matches where you tell yourself there is no way this person will do this or that again and yet they just keep on doing it. I should have just hopped kick the hell out of him but oh well. I seriously can't be going more than a few days without playing actual matches or else I just end up playing worse than I already do.

Manbig

Man that Nuggets vs Warriors game damn near gave me a heart attack. Are you guys still playing?

I was totally watching that in the corner of my eye during some of the matches lmao.

Anyway, my apologies to you and Sayah for leaving the room. I wanted to give AAK a rundown of my characters to help him prep for the tournament that he's going to.

GGs brotha man. Always a pleasure.

Manbig

Yeah, sorry for abandoning you guys. Thanks again Manny! Learned hella lots of information. :)

No problem man. One thing I remember that I made a mistake on was that Marduk's d/f4,2 is +4 on hit not +3. So when we were testing Julia's low crush frames vs the crouch jab, I beat you out on a 6 frame window, not 7.

LowParry

So after watching some pool play of NCR and a few replays of high ranked players I got thinking to myself, why the hell am I not with a high ranking character/s? Too many player matches? Avoiding people playing like 'tards? Either way, I think my Tekken fire lit up and I'm going to change that today. Be it to Brawler or beyond, I will accomplish this. What makes me really sad is that I live in the wrong damn State for Tekken. -sigh- Also being the family guy that I am, I wouldn't be able to attend such activities as often as I would like. I know there's a bigger scene here in Utah for SFIVAE but eh. Tekken for life (though I have been getting that Street Fighter itch lately). So with Ni no Kuni set aside (for now), I will accomplish my ranking to be higher. Just who to use...........................

LowParry

Hey Muhnner. There's that parry you do with Law that stuns the hell out of me gets you free combo damage. Can you escape from that (yes, you don't have to tell me how it's done. Just want to know if it is possible)?

And any Jin players that got good tips with him? Jin parry is boss :D

Dereck

Hey Muhnner. There's that parry you do with Law that stuns the hell out of me gets you free combo damage. Can you escape from that (yes, you don't have to tell me how it's done. Just want to know if it is possible)?
Tech roll it.

We can practice or you can try it in practice.

AAK

So I entered another local tournament here in my glorious capital city. The results went as expected. You can see the top 4 footage starting here, continuing here, and finishing here.

Now to catch the NCR archives :)

No problem man. One thing I remember that I made a mistake on was that Marduk's d/f4,2 is +4 on hit not +3. So when we were testing Julia's low crush frames vs the crouch jab, I beat you out on a 6 frame window, not 7.

Gotcha thanks for the info :)

So after watching some pool play of NCR and a few replays of high ranked players I got thinking to myself, why the hell am I not with a high ranking character/s? Too many player matches? Avoiding people playing like 'tards? Either way, I think my Tekken fire lit up and I'm going to change that today. Be it to Brawler or beyond, I will accomplish this. What makes me really sad is that I live in the wrong damn State for Tekken. -sigh- Also being the family guy that I am, I wouldn't be able to attend such activities as often as I would like. I know there's a bigger scene here in Utah for SFIVAE but eh. Tekken for life (though I have been getting that Street Fighter itch lately). So with Ni no Kuni set aside (for now), I will accomplish my ranking to be higher. Just who to use...........................

Who to use? The real question is, who do you enjoy ;)

LowParry

Who to use? The real question is, who do you enjoy ;)

Oh I found it good with Jin tonight. Kaz is still fun but...ehhh, I feel that I could tag Jin with someone better that's not a Mishima. Paul works here and there but....ehhh, really hard to pick with whom I'm good with playing. I'll test out some more of it tomorrow but Jin I'm having a lot of fun with currently.

Sayah

So I entered another local tournament here in my glorious capital city. The results went as expected. You can see the top 4 footage starting here, continuing here, and finishing here.

Oh man........that was really great finals. Teach me that sidewalking AAK. Really great reactions and punishes on your part.

GGs brotha man. Always a pleasure.

Yep. You're playing crazy good. Really really great pressure with dragunov/marduk.
:)

I think I finally figured it out. We'll see on Monday. Streaming is a pain in the ass.

Niiiiiiiice. Can't wait to see.

AAK

Oh man........that was really great finals. Teach me that sidewalking AAK. Really great reactions and punishes on your part.

Thanks.

I personally felt the sidewalking was the thing that I was lacking the most honestly. I could do Bryan because I'm sort of used to him whoring b+1. But Bob is a completely different case. When he was pressuring me with Bob safe strings, I really didn't know which direction to sidewalk to escape :( I was just hopkicking like a scrub when the goings got tough, sigh.

Top Bottom