• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Damn how long did you guys play? I feel like I was only present during 10% of the stream.

Two people I've wanted to play since forever are leechaolan and devastator but you guys always join the stream after I leave. leechaolan I deserve a rematch after how you murdered me with the Lee team a few months back.

Was it a few months ago? Time flies >_>

Haven't practiced in forever, but still love the game. Anyway, send me a message anytime you'd like to play.

Long time no see. Haven't really been playing online like I did before and I "sort of" retired for a while, but I finally reached Brawler rank. Not sure how it only took a few matches this time, but before I had to win like 8 matches in a row and sometimes I still didn't get a promotion match, but this time it was only 4 required. Still got a long ways to go though.

Degen

lol... I'm gonna try using Alisa for a little bit

Her guaranteed strings have to be the most damaging in the game, seriously

DinnerRevealer

Neo Member
This may be a long shot, but do any of you have the TTT2 art .pdf that you got from tekken.com/bonus? I was trying to open it yesterday but photoshop says it's corrupted and I don't think there's a way to redownload it from the site.

AAK

This may be a long shot, but do any of you have the TTT2 art .pdf that you got from tekken.com/bonus? I was trying to open it yesterday but photoshop says it's corrupted and I don't think there's a way to redownload it from the site.

PM me your email, Ill send it to you.

AAK

Running tackle acts exactly like a throw transition like Asuka’s df+1,2 or Dragunov’s f,f+2,1+2. If you input the slide before the take connects you'll beat it. If you don't, you'll lose to the tackle.

Manbig

Not to come off as too much of a snob (although it's probably unavoidable when saying this), but that's pretty much looking like pre brawler ranks in PSN. Quality of competition on XBL i mostly dookie since a lot of the top players stick to PS3 due to a lot of those players using Playstation pads.

Sayah

Sayah do you watch JFJ videos for Yoshi strats like I do for Law strats?

I really enjoy watching JFJ use Yoshi (all the tricks and traps) but that's usually only when there's a live tournament going on. I don't dig out videos or anything. Spectating is not a big thing for me and I usually only watch stuff to learn strategies for myself......not for hyyyyyype or fun. And at other times, I'll just be impressed/amazed by the great levels of pressure/tension/stress that's present in a match.

But usually, it's not "entertainment" for me. More so "infotainment."

But to answer the question, yeah I do try to learn from and adapt Yoshi strategies from other players (specifically JFJ and some players online) into my own game style. Of course, the end result regardless is that I play a terrible Yoshi that is nowhere close to the levels of JFJ's Yoshi.

Sayah

How do you not like chainsaws? :p

Chainsaw stance is one of my favorite stances to be in. Right up there with chaos judgment.

Dereck

I really enjoy watching JFJ use Yoshi (all the tricks and traps) but that's usually only when there's a live tournament going on. I don't dig out videos or anything. Spectating is not a big thing for me and I usually only watch stuff to learn strategies for myself......not for hyyyyyype or fun. And at other times, I'll just be impressed/amazed by the great levels of pressure/tension/stress that's present in a match.

But usually, it's not "entertainment" for me. More so "infotainment."

But to answer the question, yeah I do try to learn from and adapt Yoshi strategies from other players (specifically JFJ and some players online) into my own game style. Of course, the end result regardless is that I play a terrible Yoshi that is nowhere close to the levels of JFJ's Yoshi.
One thing I've noticed about JFJ is that he never plays in a pattern. He plays like he is the character, he is a situational player. It seems to me like he spends hours in practice mode. I find Law DSS stance moves to be hard to execute but he just seems to do it so effortlessly. With Yoshi he just gets himself out of so many sticky situations.

Dereck

Wow, I really can't believe that I got both Miguel and Forest into the green. Unfuckingbelievable.

On top of that, the rank up match for Forest Law to Brawler, I won 3-0. Not sure why, but this dude kept getting hit by 4,3,2 on counter hit.

mr_boo

Wow, I really can't believe that I got both Miguel and Forest into the green. Unfuckingbelievable.

On top of that, the rank up match for Forest Law to Brawler, I won 3-0. Not sure why, but this dude kept getting hit by 4,3,2 on counter hit.
Nice, what rank was the guy you beat to get Brawler?

Question for Baek players (or anyone who knows). If and how do you cancel out of FLA stance?

Dereck

Nice, what rank was the guy you beat to get Brawler?

Question for Baek players (or anyone who knows). If and how do you cancel out of FLA stance?
I played a Grand Master/Brawler guy, with my Grand Master Law/Brawler Miguel.

He was good, he was just falling for stuff like delayed Junkyard kicks and CH 4,3,2.

Good shit!

Btw, Bout, I'd say that Brawler-fighters range from the same as grand master to about my level. They have a tendency to be pretty offensive so watch out.

Dereck

Good shit!

Btw, Bout, I'd say that Brawler-fighters range from the same as grand master to about my level. They have a tendency to be pretty offensive so watch out.
I'm not sure if I'm ever going to play ranked again, but if I do, you better believe that I will not get a big head over getting into the green ranks.

I'm not sure if I'm ever going to play ranked again, but if I do, you better believe that I will not get a big head over getting into the green ranks.

With your spacing and jab pressure, I think you could get to fighter well enough. Just try to keep the launcher punishable stuff to a minimum, so you will have a fighting chance against someone good.

LowParry

With your spacing and jab pressure, I think you could get to fighter well enough.

Of course Bout can. However the ranking system feels so ass backwards at times. You'll put so much time into getting your rank. Then win about 5 or so matches, only to come across one loss and an instant de-ranking game. Frustrating as hell.

Of course Bout can. However the ranking system feels so ass backwards at times. You'll put so much time into getting your rank. Then win about 5 or so matches, only to come across one loss and an instant de-ranking game. Frustrating as hell.

The wins and losses that REALLY count are the ones against your own exact rank. if you're 6 dan and lost thee games against a 6 dan, then won five straight against 4 and 5 or even 7 dans, then fight a 6 dan, it might be a demotion chance. The quality of your wins and losses matter too. If you're streaking and really killing opponents 3-0 while barely being touched you'll rank up really fast regardless.

Dereck

The wins and losses that REALLY count are the ones against your own exact rank. if you're 6 dan and lost thee games against a 6 dan, then won five straight against 4 and 5 or even 7 dans, then fight a 6 dan, it might be a demotion chance. The quality of your wins and losses matter too. If you're streaking and really killing opponents 3-0 while barely being touched you'll rank up really fast regardless.
Based on what has happened to me, I can cosign this.

Sayah

Sayah did really good. Wait. Emily Rochefort is Kane? I didn't know that. I think I played him before. My friend claims Kane beat him over 30 times in a row and my friend is very good at TTT2. I see why now.
lol, I thought I performed terribly but thanks. Started to make some progress in that second match right after and, as always, got impatient and lost. I must have been mad salty with that loss at the time.

AAK

Played online earlier, Tournament is in 36 hours and I ended up getting demoted twice to my lowest rank since February. :/

Feels bad man :/

Manbig

People like to complain about a majority of online players in Street Fighter games rolling with Ryu/Ken, but goddamn do people love their Jun/Asuka and Lili/Alisa right behind them.

Message to all Lili players: That stupid cartwheel into backturned is not safe on block.

People like to complain about a majority of online players in Street Fighter games rolling with Ryu/Ken, but goddamn do people love their Jun/Asuka and Lili/Alisa right behind them.

Message to all Lili players: That stupid cartwheel into backturned is not safe on block.

Yeah, I am trying to use it less.

Manbig

Yeah, I am trying to use it less.

I can see why it's a favorite. Most people don't know how to deal with it and it is very rewarding on hit. It's exactly the kind of gimmicky move that can make you lean on it far too much as a crutch and hurt your progress though.

It is a fantastic move for oki though.

Played online earlier, Tournament is in 36 hours and I ended up getting demoted twice to my lowest rank since February. :/

Feels bad man :/

Apparently GM is going to this. Hope you know how to fight Lee and maybe Lars.

AAK

Are you talking about her d/f+3+4? Isn't that only -5 on block?

Apparently GM is going to this. Hope you know how to fight Lee and maybe Lars.

Nah, not at all. I know the basic stuff about how to punish hopknee, the 4,u+3,2 whatever tech trap and such. But when I face a good Lee online, my main gameplay is to fish for his d+3 and punish. I do see Lee players use that move a lot, BUT when I face a really good Lee I don't think I ever prevail haha, and most certainly no one to GM's level.

I'm especially free to HMS gimmicks. If he goes into HMS stance, I have no clue what I'm supposed to look out for. In T6 I'd just sidewalk, but with his new 1+2 string combine with the 1,1,1 or 1,4 nonsense I pretty much let the Lee player dictate the flow of the match.

As for Lars... whatever weakness that character has, the Lars user doesn't have to risk it and just use the safe solid tools Lars already has. The only chink in Lars's armor I can think of is when they go for his d/b+4 which is almost borderline seeable. Just have to block and punish. But damn that retarded character's mids are scary.

Dereck

Lmao

It's about time you went online and ranked up too.

Your win streak is pure hilarity.

Manbig

Yeah I'm talking about Lili's d/f3+4. Don't know the actual frame data, but you have to remember that she's backturned after it, so the frame data is a bit screwy. Here's my understanding of how it works.

Crouch jab punishes every option that she can do except for the built in follow up. EDIT: Crouch jab also loses to u3+4 here.

12f mid beats every option except for her turning around without ducking. Even then, she's forced to not follow up if you have this option.

13f mid beats her out if she tries to crouch jab afterwards and exchanges with the built in follow up.

What makes this goddamn move so obnoxious online is that any hint of lag totally fucks up your options and usually leads to you eating a lot of damage, so Lili player act like this move is +100 on block.

Just one of the many reasons online is so shitty.

Yeah I'm talking about Lili's d/f3+4. Don't know the actual frame data, but you have to remember that she's backturned after it, so the frame data is a bit screwy. Here's my understanding of how it works.

Crouch jab punishes every option that she can do except for the built in follow up. EDIT: Crouch jab also loses to u3+4 here.

12f mid beats every option except for her turning around without ducking. Even then, she's forced to not follow up if you have this option.

13f mid beats her out if she tries to crouch jab afterwards and exchanges with the built in follow up.

What makes this goddamn move so obnoxious online is that any hint of lag totally fucks up your options and usually leads to you eating a lot of damage, so Lili player act like this move is +100 on block.

LOL, I didn't know the frame data for it was that bad.

Dereck

Manbig why aren't you Vanquisher yet?

Manbig

Manbig why aren't you Vanquisher yet?

While I appreciate the flattery, I assure you, I'm not very good.

It's like I said earlier, I know a lot of these things in my head, but I don't play enough to consistently execute this stuff during matches.

Plus, for the most part, I don't care about online.

LOL, I didn't know the frame data for it was that bad.

I did forget about one thing. Her backturned 4 goes underneath a lot of mids, but only connects on CH. If you use a 12f or 13f mid and she goes under it, it won't counter hit you, so you'll block the second hit.

When you block the second hit, jabs punish her if she stops and floats her if he she does the built in backflip for THAT move.

And if you really wanna get crazy, sidestep to your right beats out all of her options. So you can sidestep right into a launcher (not on reaction, just throw it out) and unless she turns around without crouching and blocks, it will hit her.

So with all of this weirdness, it's easy to see why most people don't know how to deal with this move. This is pretty much the way you have to approach punishing Christie/Eddie/Tiger also. You have to use unique options.

Dereck

Is there a name for strings where you can block the last hit of the string but not the first?

Here is an example, that one Anna launcher where she does a low kick to a high punch launcher? What is the criteria, does it only launch on counter hit?

Manbig

Is there a name for strings where you can block the last hit of the string but not the first?

Here is an example, that one Anna launcher where she does a low kick to a high punch launcher? What is the criteria, does it only launch on counter hit?

Natural Combo (NC) is the term used for when a string connects on normal hit. NCc is the abbreviation used for when a counter hit is required for the whole thing to connect. There is no term for when neither applies.

Another term worth noting is "jail". It's when a multiple hit string has a high in one of the later hits that you cannot duck when the earlier hit(s) are blocked. For some reason I can't think of one at the moment though...

If you are talking about d+3,2, you can definitely block both hits, and it is NCc only.

I think you talking about a Natural Combo, where the second hit is guaranteed if you're hit with the first hit, ie. Williams' d/f+1,2.

Sayah

^
Wow
That Nina/Anna DBD art. Nice find DEATH

Edit: Also, good luck to AAK at Toryuken. I have work and will miss the stream but I'll catch up on the archives.

Unfortunately, it seems like literally every fighting game suffers from that issue and it can make online eventually become boring. Every fighting game has their favorites I suppose.

LowParry

Why was Leo's hair brown in Tekken 6?

Still blonde. Maybe a little darker. But naw, not brown.

xoOtN4V.jpg

Edit: Btw, going back playing T6, game sure is a lot faster.

Sayah

What's a good way to deal with Jaycee/Michelle's 1,1 mixups?

I believe they have three options from 1,1

1. 1,1,1

Best always to block this. The last hit will always connect otherwise unless you do a parry (b+1+3 or b+2+4). In the case that you do get hit, make sure you tech out (tap square).

2. 1,1,4

I often low parry this move. It's easier to see coming.

3. 1,1,2

The third hit is slow in this string. Use a fast move. For instance, Armor King can do d+1,4 as counter hit. Same thing applies to their u/f+4,3 launcher. That is easily punishable but you don't know if the Julia/Michelle player will do the 1 punch right after. So again, do AK's d+1,4 or some thing else that works. It will punish the launcher and will further do counter hit if they do the 1 punch right after. In these scenarios, I use Nina's b+2,2,2. Works beautifully on counter hit and takes crazy damage.

A lot of this, I'm sure you already know. Between option 1 and option 2 above, it can seem like a 50-50 mixup game. I have bad reactions so I mostly just end up low parrying the whole time and if I get hit by 1,1,1, then I just tech out.

Top Bottom