• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Keep the 360 version. Why would you be worried about switching?

360 is my preferred console of the two which is why I pre ordered the 360 edition. But I don't know too much about Tekken and it seems PS3 has a much larger player base. Using the GAF sign up sheets as a good example.

360 is my preferred console of the two which is why I pre ordered the 360 edition. But I don't know too much about Tekken and it seems PS3 has a much larger player base. Using the GAF sign up sheets as a good example.

Well I will be on ps3, but in australia the 360 has long been the place to be for fighting games. Either way you will be fine on either and after the dust settles you can switch if needed and/or you still play. All the preorder stuff will prob be out too.

Well I will be on ps3, but in australia the 360 has long been the place to be for fighting games. Either way you will be fine on either and after the dust settles you can switch if needed and/or you still play. All the preorder stuff will prob be out too.

Thanks, I will do that. In my slight panic I wasn't thinking very straight lol. I know 360 in Australia is better for Street Fighter, I wasn't sure about Tekken.

The TTT2 Beginner's Guide is DONE, here is the image form the OP:

im5HT5Ltv3n3p.png

iWoGU3YfrAJzk.png

Click whatever unit you want to see explained. I sacrificed a lot of hours in my life to get this done, so I hope people really take advantage of it. If you want to know what the gameplay of Tekken is all about and all of the features it has from the core gameplay, I've compiled EVERYTHING I could think of in there.

EDIT: Also, please forgive my grammar... I haven't taken an English or Literature class since 8th grade.

EDIT2: Also, Just rediscovered this song. It's definitely going into the True Ogre stage.

thanks alot for posting this, it will be a great help to a newbie like myself :)

Hm? I was under the impression PS3 was the more popular system here. And even in places like America, where the PS3 is a distant second, fighting games still sell better on the platform. So am I missing something?

LowParry

So...are those characters leaks that we can talk about here? Hmm hmm hmm? I mean c'moooon. My avatar is already good to go!

Hm? I was under the impression PS3 was the more popular system here. And even in places like America, where the PS3 is a distant second, fighting games still sell better on the platform. So am I missing something?

You are right, in Australia, the PS3 is the more popular system and fighting games sell better on the platform. So for example SF4 was originally the place to be on the PS3.

However the previously popular fighting games such as SF4 or Marvel have all been significantly better on the 360. Not really an opinion thing, just the way it is. As such, most of the "top" players switched to the 360, and of course a lot of the community followed. Once you are using a 360 for fighting games, and have a 360 stick and so on, it follows that that is what you are going to play future games on too.

However that being said, it isn't like 360 >>>> PS3 in Australia. It depends on your level. For example today I can still find a flood of matches in SF4, with a lot of the players being at a higher level for me. The best might be on 360, but that means little for me and 95% of others when it comes down to it.

So if one platform has 1000 players, and the other has 800 (no idea which has the 'quantity'), it really doesn't matter in the end. I'll still be rocking that PS3 tekken (hopefully on Thursday if JB come through). The point to the guy above was either way you will be fine I feel.

You are right, in Australia, the PS3 is the more popular system and fighting games sell better on the platforms. So for example SF4 was originally the place to be on the PS3.

However the previously popular fighting games such as SF4 or Marvel have all been significantly better on the 360. Not really an opinion thing, just the way it is. As such, most of the "top" players switched to the 360, and of course a lot of the community followed. Once you are using a 360 for fighting games, and have a 360 stick and so on, it follows that that is what you are going to play future games on too.

However that being said, it isn't like 360 >>>> PS3 in Australia. It depends on your level. For example today I can still find a flood of matches in SF4, with a lot of the players being at a higher level for me. The best might be on 360, but that means little for me and 95% of others when it comes down to it.

So if one platform has 1000 players, and the other has 800 (no idea which has the 'quantity'), it really doesn't matter in the end. I'll still be rocking that PS3 tekken (hopefully on Thursday if JB come through). The point to the guy above was either way you will be fine I feel.

I never heard of Capcom's games being significantly better on 360. Didn't the 360 version of MvC3 suffer pretty bad screen tearing? And I thought the majority of top players outside Japan use pads (at least for Tekken).

Anyway, I agree you should be fine with either version. I preordered at JB too. :D

"I'm using an AVerMedia HD DVR on my PC. I can snap shots but I cannot record via HDMI, I have to switch to Composite to record off this."

You actually can record with an HD DVR over HDMI. However, you need an older version of the drivers and a second program like Windows Media Encoder, VirtualDub, etc.

SUPARSTARX

"I'm using an AVerMedia HD DVR on my PC. I can snap shots but I cannot record via HDMI, I have to switch to Composite to record off this."

You actually can record with an HD DVR over HDMI. However, you need an older version of the drivers and a second program like Windows Media Encoder, VirtualDub, etc.

I use Fraps for it atm, but I think I can use the composite to HDMI converter cable that came with the card too I think. Because the HD DVR only has HDMI plugs in the back and they included them.

Damnit I'd kill for a 720p 60fps direct feed video of Lars' ending. I've got an avatar I want to make from it but I just can't get a good non blurry screencap from any of the videos I've downloaded from youtube =(

I never heard of Capcom's games being significantly better on 360. Didn't the 360 version of MvC3 suffer pretty bad screen tearing? And I thought the majority of top players outside Japan use pads (at least for Tekken).

Anyway, I agree you should be fine with either version. I preordered at JB too. :D

I guess "significant" is in fighting game terms with the PS3 being 1 frame behind and things like that or dropping fps in marvel. Nothing that should worry the rank and file, but there are reasons all the pros complain about PS3 versions at evo and so on.

I'm not sure about stick usage in tekken in Australia. There is a community already (ttt2 isn't new after all) so I'm guessing the top players will already be into it and will be using sticks.

I guess "significant" is in fighting game terms with the PS3 being 1 frame behind and things like that or dropping fps in marvel. Nothing that should worry the rank and file, but there are reasons all the pros complain about PS3 versions at evo and so on.

I'm not sure about stick usage in tekken in Australia. There is a community already (ttt2 isn't new after all) so I'm guessing the top players will already be into it and will be using sticks.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I don't follow the competitive scene too closely.

noodalls

From memory the PS3 version of T6 was occasionally faster than the X360.

http://ps360.ldblog.jp/archives/51638829.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4KF524heLxs

Disappointingly, these guys haven't updated for about 2 months.

DRE Fei

They actually had this game at Super Arcade last week, but I didn't get a chance to play it because there were so many people in line ahead of me. It looks really fun though, unlike T6. The original Tekken Tag was always my favorite, so I'm glad they went back to this format.

Cartman86

Banned
lol all of sudden today i'm super excited about this game despite the fact that i've been entirely indifferent about the series since 3.

weepy

They actually had this game at Super Arcade last week, but I didn't get a chance to play it because there were so many people in line ahead of me. It looks really fun though, unlike T6. The original Tekken Tag was always my favorite, so I'm glad they went back to this format.

If it's the one I'm thinking of its in Northridge right? On Balboa or near it? I might just go up there on my day(s) off...

I keep seeing people making negative remarks about Tekken 6. What did you guys think was so bad about it?

it wasn't as solid as T5DR, and it was just babysteps from it anyways. (and scenariomode was horrible, they could have used that time to make onlinemode better, add better practice, fix menu issues...)

I keep seeing people making negative remarks about Tekken 6. What did you guys think was so bad about it?

Gameplay was basically flawless. Roster was fantastic and new characters were objectively good/interesting and well-developed.

The story sucked. Bosses sucked. Endings mostly sucked. Scenario campaign sucked. Online was awful. Music and stages were kinda bland by series standards. Graphically, I thought it looked quite pretty, but rough in places. Overall, it just didn't have the level of polish you would expect from Tekken. Some minor things like returning characters' designs not being updated (what is the difference between Jack-5 and Jack-6?) bothered me too.

It was still better than that disgrace known as Tekken 4, though. :p

Based DemoniK

Neo Member
Gameplay was basically flawless. Roster was fantastic and new characters were objectively good/interesting and well-developed.

The story sucked. Bosses sucked. Endings mostly sucked. Scenario campaign sucked. Online was awful. Music and stages were kinda bland by series standards. Graphically, I thought it looked quite pretty, but rough in places. Overall, it just didn't have the level of polish you would expect from Tekken. Some minor things like returning characters' designs not being updated (what is the difference between Jack-5 and Jack-6?) bothered me too.

It was still better than that disgrace known as Tekken 4, though. :p

Alisa, Leo, Miguel and Bob to an extent are good characters. Zafina is really forgettable, Lars is a glorified fanfiction character made canon, and Azazel was just a purple space chicken.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Holy shit, practice mode is awesome.

When you're testing stuff now and you block/punish something, it lists it as "PUNISH" on the screen! This is awesome.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Is there a command list that you can run through like VF or do you have to pause and go to a menu each time you want to look up a move?

You have to pause it, unfortunately. You can't go through it like some previous TEKKEN games where they had move training.

Before people start going nuts. The PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't as powerful as arcade tech used for this game. Sure it's 'based on' PS3 architecture, but it's not the same as a regular PS3.

There are limitations and with those said limitations, I think the team did a great job. I've been playing the arcade version over the last year and a half and I have to say that the game looks/plays great for the most part.

Put in the good word of PC to the team Mark, Gaben has extended his hands to Japanese developers and I would like nothing more than Harada to take it.

The game has the best animation for a fighter by far and amazing models, but the IQ just... leaves more to be desired if you wanna put it in nicely.

I'm sure the team worked the best they can with this archaic hardware but I really want TTT2 (or T7) in 1080p, 60 fps and 8xAA on my pc.

Alisa, Leo, Miguel and Bob to an extent are good characters. Zafina is really forgettable, Lars is a glorified fanfiction character made canon, and Azazel was just a purple space chicken.

Zafina is anything but forgettable. Her fighting style is one of the most unique in the series, even if she was useless (she got a nice buff in Tag 2 apparently). I'm not a fan of Lars either, but he's become really popular. I think both were good additions.

For me, Miguel is the weakest T6 debut. There's nothing really special about him. His moves could have been allocated to Paul, Bryan or any of the other hard hitting characters. He's pretty sexy though so I don't mind his presence.

Top Bottom