• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

MechaX

I'm somewhat interested in this game, but when considering that I have absolutely no Tekken experience, this is quite... intimidating. Well, time to review that beginner's guide.

DirtyLary

I'm somewhat interested in this game, but when considering that I have absolutely no Tekken experience, this is quite... intimidating. Well, time to review that beginner's guide.

I'm in the same boat. It's kinda exciting. My only issue is, which system to get it on.

CSX

Backdash canceling is pretty basic and something you should learn to do right away.

To add on, the alternative you can do if you simply can't get backdash cancelling down or still practicing it is doing backdash to sidestep.

you can either do bbd or bbu repeatedly.

you can also do this with forward dashes if you want.

You eventually need to get backdash cancelling down though :p

AAK

I don't know why you guys consider advanced movement as something to throw under "basics." =P

If I wanted to go into more advanced movement, I'd have covered things like how to buffer the d/b as the first b in a backdash. I would have covered the things like how the stances of each character effects the backdash. I would have covered the exact timings on how to maximize the backdash. I could have also covered how to judge whether your backdash cancel is competent enough for competitive play (i.e. Play dragunov, hit your guarding opponent (such as Alisa) with d/f+1 and see if you're able to backdash cancel out of a retailliating d/f+2 after her block). There's an insane amount of depth to the movement in Tekken and I only went over the basic premise of it.

Naite

Wow. Bestbuy.ca just shipped out my preorder. That's the first time they've sent me anything before the release date.

Raonak

Banned

i found tekken pretty easy to just jump into. ghost battle is perfect for learning a character since enemies start off easy and slowly get harder the more you rank up and you dont have to deal with the pressures of online. plus theres the fight lab- which is meant to be a learning tool.

Hell yes! Team
Bosconovitch! Father and daughter team
for the win!

Everyone's gonna hate me. Haha.

Also,
team old dude's! Gonna rock them geezers online!

I'm pretty sure learning a few good moves is the basics. =P
Learning to move around in any fighting game is a basic maneuver. It's just that in Tekken you have to do a lot more work to do it.

So how do we unlock these?
If I'm not mistaken it's going to be free DLC down the road. I'd NEED Dr. B (and to a lesser extent, Unknown) in my life. Meh @ the rest of them until we hear/see more. They could always be significantly different.

No surprise, the TTT2 Wii U box looks like the other consoles':
78-138-071-04.jpg

jett

D-Member
I'm pretty sure that this is the arcade version of the game as well, which is significantly more powerful than either console. I'm curious as to what kinds of resolutions the console ports run at in comparison to this.

The TTT2 Prologue disc ran at lower resolutions than that slide(which is from the arcade). No clue about the final game.

Learning to move around in any fighting game is a basic maneuver. It's just that in Tekken you have to do a lot more work to do it.

If I'm not mistaken it's going to be free DLC down the road. I'd NEED Dr. B (and to a lesser extent, Unknown) in my life. Meh @ the rest of them until we hear/see more. They could always be significantly different.

Oh. I assumed since everyone was using spoiler tags they were unlockable in-game... why do we need spoiler tags for DLC? I mean, it's not going to be a surprise when people get them.

Takuan

I got my shipping notice. Maybe I'll have it tomorrow?

I don't recognize any of the just-spoiled characters except for the naked lady. Q had me going with the Ken Masters comment. I will probably at least try to use "Ken" once he's available.

Help me gaf.

I was starting to feel like I should change my 360 Collectors Edition pre-order to a PS3 edition(the game isn't out until Thursday here in Australia) but it's too late for that so I will either need to trade in my 360 copy on the day for a PS3 copy and just keep the collectors bonuses and possibly not get the pre-order bonus DLC or I can just pre order a PS3 copy that has only the pre-order DLC and end up with both 360 and PS3 copies :s

Help me gaf.

I was starting to feel like I should change my 360 Collectors Edition pre-order to a PS3 edition(the game isn't out until Thursday here in Australia) but it's too late for that so I will either need to trade in my 360 copy on the day for a PS3 copy and just keep the collectors bonuses and possibly not get the pre-order bonus DLC or I can just pre order a PS3 copy that has only the pre-order DLC and end up with both 360 and PS3 copies :s

Keep the 360 version. Why would you be worried about switching?

Top Bottom