• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™;60313553 said:
Invite solidgear and ricko, we need to expose them on how to get beat lol...

Im coming there after the game... LEBRON!!!

Really wish I could play with you guys tonight :(

Biggest mistake not to bring my ps3 home with me. It'll be like almost 2 weeks until I have access to it again.

AAK

Good games to everyone tonight. Shoutouts to Degen getting a 5 win streak on me. :p

And have we got a real prodigy on out hands. Riko Suave ran a truck tonight. Man, once he learns the matchups he will be a real super beast. I have very little Paul experience so i'm glad I can get to fight you! Hopefully we can get some more games in and you'll have a chance to go against the NeoGAF boss Sayah one day ;)

Damn, I love fighting games, Was having so much with VF5 earlier in the day with Manny too! :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. Dual streaming is a success. But of course streaming cannot be done unless there are players.

I'm going to have overlays and everything better next time.

DEATH™;60313553 said:
Invite solidgear and ricko, we need to expose them on how to get beat lol...

I'm coming there after the game... LEBRON!!!
Hey, I won a few games.

GG guys. Thanx for the invite and the ass whooping. Post up when the next stream is going to happen. Maybe I'll learn SF4. I got it for PS+.

PPPFFFTTT!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Who am I kidding, that game is BOOTY BUTT CHEEKS!!!!

Good games to everyone tonight. Shoutouts to Degen getting a 5 win streak on me. :p

And have we got a real prodigy on out hands. Riko Suave ran a truck tonight. Man, once he learns the matchups he will be a real super beast. I have very little Paul experience so i'm glad I can get to fight you! Hopefully we can get some more games in and you'll have a chance to go against the NeoGAF boss Sayah one day ;)

Damn, I love fighting games, Was having so much with VF5 earlier in the day with Manny too! :)

Nah man, I'm old school. Like TTT1 T4 SHGL old school. I use to play at WNF and EWGFridays, but I haven't had much time lately. So I'm trying to get back into the groove so I can start playing at tournaments again. Trying to get ready for EVO.

Thanks a lot for the games everybody. I had a good time. Post up when you guys are going to play again. I'm on gaf errday anyway.

DEATH™

Sorry for not having to play tonight... been gathering my thoughts on AtP Live... I kinda see why they find it hard to play the game, which pretty much says how we should approach the game differently.

I hope this powerpoint would show my point later on... but I'm too tired to elaborate...
http://speedy.sh/BnqWx/mindset.pps

(Sorry, can't find other better uploading site... just click the mindset.pps on the page... I'm gonna elaborate later, but please say if you got the powerpoint and the puzzle :)

Hey. I'm a fan of the streams here and the others on twitch (ATP, levelup, etc), but I sometimes don't see the archives for Kadey. I'd like to check them out if I miss the live streams.

Edit-- answered on stream chat. Thanks.

Kuntz

Just bought this, my last tekken was 3, played a lot of 2, and oh do I suck now...

I feel the commands have changed, at least the timing, I type my usual combos (that still exist like paul's hammer, kick, punch) and it just stops halfway because I don't input at the right time, it will take a lot of time getting used to it again...

Are there still funny "cheatcodes" like SD mode, big heads or exagerrated aerial launch ?

WHO ARE ALL THOSE CHARACTERS I'M CONFUSED
Where is Gon ? :(

AAK

Hey Manny any progress getting the Marduk Tutorial from twitch?

Nah man, I'm old school. Like TTT1 T4 SHGL old school. I use to play at WNF and EWGFridays, but I haven't had much time lately. So I'm trying to get back into the groove so I can start playing at tournaments again. Trying to get ready for EVO.

Thanks a lot for the games everybody. I had a good time. Post up when you guys are going to play again. I'm on gaf errday anyway.

Yo damn, that's awesome. Post up whenever you wanna play or practice. If you have any Julia questions and to a lesser extent Hwoarang please do ask up and I'll try to answer.

DEATH™;60350893 said:
Sorry for not having to play tonight... been gathering my thoughts on AtP Live... I kinda see why they find it hard to play the game, which pretty much says how we should approach the game differently.

I hope this powerpoint would show my point later on... but I'm too tired to elaborate...
http://speedy.sh/BnqWx/mindset.pps

(Sorry, can't find other better uploading site... just click the mindset.pps on the page... I'm gonna elaborate later, but please say if you got the powerpoint and the puzzle :)

Could you make this powerpoint using google drive presentation? I really don't want to download an external manager just to get a file from the internet. Sorry.

Just bought this, my last tekken was 3, played a lot of 2, and oh do I suck now...

I feel the commands have changed, at least the timing, I type my usual combos (that still exist like paul's hammer, kick, punch) and it just stops halfway because I don't input at the right time, it will take a lot of time getting used to it again...

Are there still funny "cheatcodes" like SD mode, big heads or exagerrated aerial launch ?

WHO ARE ALL THOSE CHARACTERS I'M CONFUSED
Where is Gon ? :(

Yes, everyone gets that feeling. I had that feeling going from T5 to T6. BUT for some reason I never had this problem jumping from T6 to TTT2. It's just something you get used to in a But in all honesty, when I play a fighting game and see so much unknown diversity my curiousity. I can't wait to experiment with everyone and go through that whole discovery period. But alas that's just me haha.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Because of the video sizes of the streams now, it's okay to use the new page. It would actually probably be better for many people.

AAK

I tried download them all, but couldn't figure out how to use it to download the video.

You do have to manually tell the add on to record flash videos in the options menu. Once you do that, play a video on twitch, and then right click n the web page right above the video and click on the download them all command. It should give you a list and a bunch of .flv files. If you only see 2 or 3, fast forward into the video to get the rest. Hope that makes sense.

Manbig

Seems like I had to wait for the video to buffer before trying to download. I'll report back if I still have issues. Thanks!

Sayah

Some interesting new discoveries with Nina/Lili and Nina/Yoshimitsu if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6X0aDtcR38&feature=youtu.be

Watch in 720p. I switched from HDMI to component so the recording quality really took a hit. Plus, I'm playing on monitor now so that might have something to do with it. :/

Edit: Nvm. Someone already done this before. lolololol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1AiaLLRDAA#t=3m3s

I think Lili/Sebastian and Yoshimitsu are the only characters that can combo off of Nina's qcf+1 like that. Kunimitsu can connect too but it's rare. Haven't tested this with every character, though.

Some interesting new discoveries with Nina/Lili and Nina/Yoshimitsu if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6X0aDtcR38&feature=youtu.be

Watch in 720p. I switched from HDMI to component so the recording quality really took a hit. Plus, I'm playing on monitor now so that might have something to do with it. :/

Edit: Nvm. Someone already done this before. lolololol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1AiaLLRDAA#t=3m3s

I think Lili/Sebastian and Yoshimitsu are the only characters that can combo off of Nina's qcf+1 like that. Kunimitsu can connect too but it's rare. Haven't tested this with every character, though.

It's nice being able to convert non taggable launchers into red bar combos mid-stream. Yoshi's version of that qcf+1~5 is 3~4~u(DGF)2~5. Most of his non taggable starters can set that up (FC,d/f+1 / u+3+4 / d/f+2,2, etc). As for who can follow up on these things, I made a list (for Yoshi) on TZ. I'm sure it applies to Nina too. ATM, Jinpachi has a strong followup with d/f+3,1 into finisher.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4656080#post4656080

Sayah

It's nice being able to convert non taggable launchers into red bar combos mid-stream. Yoshi's version of that qcf+1~5 is 3~4~u(DGF)2~5. Most of his non taggable starters can set that up (FC,d/f+1 / u+3+4 / d/f+2,2, etc). As for who can follow up on these things, I made a list (for Yoshi) on TZ. I'm sure it applies to Nina too. ATM, Jinpachi has a strong followup with d/f+3,1 into finisher.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4656080#post4656080

Wow. Awesome. Thanks for this.

GGs tonight all. Good to see another Marduk player too. I was starting to think we were going extinct!
I know, right? It took me a while to get the proper teammate for Marduk. I went through Feng, Drag, Lars, Bruce, and finally settled for Paul. Paul and Marduk are just simple manly men beating the shit outta everyone with brute force. I like that.

Yo damn, that's awesome. Post up whenever you wanna play or practice. If you have any Julia questions and to a lesser extent Hwoarang please do ask up and I'll try to answer.

I'll be sure to hit you up if I'm online for some training and games. BTW, what was that move with Julia you kept hitting me with? It look like ws+2,2. Is it H,H? It looked safe. I couldn't punish it with jabs, or maybe I missed the input because of the lag.

AAK

Ah, that was b+2,1+2.

That's my favorite move of Julia. it's a 13 frame string that is only -9 on block. so it's safe. And if I float you from it, it will bound you. Ultra cheap move, but it's definitely THE move that gets me the furthest in tournaments.

Honestly, for people that don't know the matchups I'd just play it out with Hwoarang and when he gets beat up, I just bring in Julia and b+2,1+2 to death with the netsu damage!

EDIT:

This is the funniest fanart I've seen in forever (source):

2010___2012_finish_by_ryoxkj-d5nt2i6.jpg

Try to guess who is in that picture with Jun
Kazuya => Russian Blue
Jin => Siamese cat
Heihachi => Garfield(lol)
Jinpachi =>Norwegian Forrest Cat

DEATH™

Hey AAK and Sayah!

Now I uploaded the powerpoint in googlemaps...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3IvTRNyHM3seWswS0k1SHBJVTg/edit?usp=sharing

I would still prefer you to download it... Seriously... the side preview ruins it...

edited it to have more slides so no ruining it please...

This kind of thing is common from math, science, engineering and art people... Actually, every people who's required to think... and this I think is the problem Tekken players have right now... Reply is you got it...

Sayah

^

Thanks man. :)

Just got a peak of it for now but gonna go through that powerpoint tomorrow. Too sleepy to do so right now.

AAK

DEATH™;60545117 said:
Hey AAK and Sayah!

Now I uploaded the powerpoint in googlemaps...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3IvTRNyHM3seWswS0k1SHBJVTg/edit?usp=sharing

I would still prefer you to download it... Seriously... the side preview ruins it...

edited it to have more slides so no ruining it please...

This kind of thing is common from math, science, engineering and art people... Actually, every people who's required to think... and this I think is the problem Tekken players have right now... Reply is you got it...

I = dumb, A and B are easy. Failed at C. Feel super stupid about D. :(

AAK

I was randomly checking out the Tekken busters archive footage on Tekkencentral.com and I stumbled upon some fanart on that site:

xiaosummer41.jpg

Holy crap, that fanart was posted in 2006. Namco must have been paying attention since that's the exact swimsuit costume they gave Xiaoyu in TTT2 console. That's crazy.

Degen

Slowly but surely I'm making actual improvements

not gonna be "joke character" status for long so get your free W's in while you can!

Top Bottom