• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Slowly but surely I'm making actual improvements

not gonna be "joke character" status for long so get your free W's in while you can!

Well, you've been getting win streaks a lot if I recall correctly. :p

The best way to improve is to play strong local competition. The depth really opens up from there.

If you guys want a lobby tell me now.

Too late now I guess.

Yep. That was a goal of mine for a while, and I'm gonna celebrate by taking a nice break. :)

CONGRATS.

AAK

Interesting.... Dr. Dogg is online too and his PSN message says "Time to Learn TTT2" Is the OG Feng beast back to deliver some pain?

AAK

GG's KDL, I love playing against you. Your spacing is amazing, your throwbreaking is on point, and your team is absolutely brutal! Once youknow how to beat my gimmicks I have no idea how I'm gonna open you up lol.

Some things:

Julia's WS+4 is -5 or -6. Launch punish that or punish me for something that reaches.
Julia's u/f+4,3 is launch punishable, Marduk's d/f+1 should launch me
If I do u/f+4,3.1 extension, you can interrupt me with any 12 frame move. I think 13 frame works too.
If you get hit by Hwoarang's WR+3, and the f,f+3 hits you in a float hit property and spikes you back into the ground, NEVER get up or roll away, the RFF f,f+3 is guaranteed for a TA.

Had a fun session against Sayah back and forth, then I challenged him to a FT3.

He destroyed me 3-0.... damn is he scary when he focuses

EDIT: oops, sorry for the dp.

Sayah

GGs AAK and KDL. Close matches.

Anyway, glad to know I can join your lobbies now. Firewall was removed and that's what was causing problems before. I can probably play against you as well now Okey.

GGs AAK and KDL. Close matches.

Anyway, glad to know I can join your lobbies now. Firewall was removed and that's what was causing problems before. I can probably play against you as well now Okey.

I've tried a few times to setup my router properly, but I have no idea if I'm doing it right or if it actually makes any difference. Last time I played with boutdown it was pretty bad.

My Williams team is rusty as hell. :)

Dereck

SO!

I've decided that I'm getting rid of clone teams entirely. New teams?

Poppa Law/Billy Bob Robert Richards
Miguel No Homo/Bryan Fuck em' Up

All I've been doing is practicing synergy with Miguel and Bryan. Bryan is a lot better than I remembered, he also is not irritating to play with now.

Two fully fledged Tekken 6 teams leaves me pumped.

Elza don't give a fuck, got dem double yellows.

Famicom don't give a fuck, got dem double greens.

Yeah, thanks. It will be a wonder if I can stay in the Yellow though.

To answer you question about Nina, yes, I am still in the process of learning her, just gotta find her a team.

Just saw Blood Vengeance lol. It was aight. Really wish they would make the Devil skins for Jin and Kazuya from the movie available as DLC. I know they are available in Prologue, but man the designs look awesome.

DEATH™

Guys, sorry I won't be able to play for couple of days... got a little bit of a heat stroke...

People, be careful out there...

DEATH™

Well, I just got this on sale at Future Shop for 19 bucks. Time to get stuck in!

Just post up ur psn soon! We're more than happy to play/practice!

(Well, not me for a couple of days :( )

---------

EDIT just read about DOA f2p... if tekken goes to this route, don't expect to delete chars mwahahahaha

Sayah

DEATH™;60909497 said:
Guys, sorry I won't be able to play for couple of days... got a little bit of a heat stroke...

People, be careful out there...

Damn. Get better. Stay in the cold air.

really? I forgot all about that. well in that case,

GAF ONE DAY YOU MIGHT BECOME AS PRO AS THIS. BUT THAT DAY IS CLEARLY NOT TODAY. #jaguars #ss3+4

Not cool man..........you're forgetting your main team. #Williams

jdgsLc3gM6hNN.png
Do you guys accept total newbs in your games?

*edit* Total European Newbs.

There's online practice and I don't mind helping people. I'm no where near a top player and suck with frame data but I can help with general strategies and stuff.

Manbig

So the Main Man threw up this great Devil Jin guide on ATP. Check it out if you wanna learn more about how to use him or what to expect when fighting vs him. Just note that it can be a bit hard to understand him through his accent.

http://youtu.be/ZZ29NSb1r6s

DEATH™

It's announced in Tunk's channel, Starcraft Ascension (SCA) is interested in including fighting games in its roster of games, particularly Tekken... support it guys!!! We gonna be E-SPORTS!!!

MikeMyers

Haha thanks, but I was talking to a few people, and I think I've decided what my new avatar will be. Thanks again!

And by the way, hitting a sucessful Deathfist is still my favourite part of Tekken.

AAK

Haha thanks, but I was talking to a few people, and I think I've decided what my new avatar will be. Thanks again!

And by the way, hitting a sucessful Deathfist is still my favourite part of Tekken.

I just got home, sorry man. There is a Paul Avatar in the OP. If you have a specific image you'd like to be made into an avatar, let me know. I should be able to do it no problem :)

Sayah

Caught up on Tekken news from ATP.

Filthie Rich is done as community manager at Namco Bandai Games. :(
Really hope he got a better position/got promoted elsewhere. He did an amazing job.

In honor of Filthie Rich, NEW Tekken-centric tourney announced by BigEGaming. "Filthy Cup." Look forward to it. I wished they picked T6 over TTT1. And I hope VF5FS and SCV are the other two 3D games.

New Master Cup Tournament announced for Japan.

Tekken Strike (Korean TV show), Season 1, Episode 3
also available for viewing.

Anybody got a Paul avatar I can use? I had one before, but lost the link to it, but I'm sure it originally came from this thread.

There's one in the OP.

So the Main Man threw up this great Devil Jin guide on ATP. Check it out if you wanna learn more about how to use him or what to expect when fighting vs him. Just note that it can be a bit hard to understand him through his accent.

http://youtu.be/ZZ29NSb1r6s

Noice.

DEATH™;61055273 said:
It's announced in Tunk's channel, Starcraft Ascension (SCA) is interested in including fighting games in its roster of games, particularly Tekken... support it guys!!! We gonna be E-SPORTS!!!

Support how?

DEATH™

Support how?

Watch the tourney if you can. And go to the next season if you can, anything that would show that there's a interest in the game...

P.S. Mannybigz here...

PNG

mardukavatar_zpsb8eded01.png

JPG

mardukavatar_zps23434afb.jpg

Hope you like it... just tell me if I need something to add...
Next is braves stick... but I'm still struggling what theme should it go...

AAK

^^
Damn! That's pretty bad ass. Your photoshop skills are amazing!

Speaking of which, what happened to that all female stick design you were working on? That looked slick when you posted that preview.

And also, I remember Devastator was having that Jun stick art commissioned. I wonder what that looks like now.

DEATH™

^^
Damn! That's pretty bad ass. Your photoshop skills are amazing!

Speaking of which, what happened to that all female stick design you were working on? That looked slick when you posted that preview.

And also, I remember Devastator was having that Jun stick art commissioned. I wonder what that looks like now.

School happened and I didn't have a chance to update it better...

And TBH I'm still not satisfied with the Marduk one... There's a bit of jaggies around it that I need to work on someday...

Also, AAK, can you post an article on AtP right? I'm trying to make a write-up for SCA and TZ News Desk is hard to make something out of...

P.S. Thanks for the compliment, but I still far from pro...

P.S.S. Forgot the Namco logo at the bottom right... It should enhance the whole thing since the females act like the "background"...

AAK

To be honest, I'm still unsure about what to write about.

I want a bracket list, I want a schedule, and I want to know what the .SCA guys want from this.

He was saying that he wishes the Tekken community would use the Team Speak thing but i still have no idea what it is or where I can use it. I definitely will post it up on ATP eventually, but I can't make an article with nothing. I would also love to get his/her contact info and put it there too. If you have any of that info, please do post it up.

And damn, it still looks super cool! When MarkMan hopefully sends the TTT2 stick I actually might try and customize it this time. I also do want to take a hand at doing some cool kind of artwork. How did you get the idea for the grey background. Whenever I try to make something cool in GIMP, I usually falter and end up stealing another design from Deviant Art :p.

Still wish you would have gone with Pure Julia and Anna's DR outfit and Zafina's alternate T6 CG. :p

DEATH™;61115725 said:
Also, AAK, can you post an article on AtP right? I'm trying to make a write-up for SCA and TZ News Desk is hard to make something out of...

Just in case you didn't read my reply in the TZ staff forum, all TZ mods can 'jump the queue' and post in the News Desk directly. You don't need to post yours in the tekken news queue.

DEATH™

To be honest, I'm still unsure about what to write about.

I want a bracket list, I want a schedule, and I want to know what the .SCA guys want from this.

He was saying that he wishes the Tekken community would use the Team Speak thing but i still have no idea what it is or where I can use it. I definitely will post it up on ATP eventually, but I can't make an article with nothing. I would also love to get his/her contact info and put it there too. If you have any of that info, please do post it up.

And damn, it still looks super cool! When MarkMan hopefully sends the TTT2 stick I actually might try and customize it this time. I also do want to take a hand at doing some cool kind of artwork. How did you get the idea for the grey background. Whenever I try to make something cool in GIMP, I usually falter and end up stealing another design from Deviant Art :p.

Still wish you would have gone with Pure Julia and Anna's DR outfit and Zafina's alternate T6 CG. :p

TBH I have a idea for a Julia/Jaycee but I still need some bases and actual drawing skills... and I used that Zafina pose because it perfectly wraps around the buttons, as it's hard to make a place for each girl with the annoying buttons on the way... Also, the goal was to showcase the Tekken girls on how pretty they are, so it kinda defeats the purpose when Zaf hides her face for a bit... I do love the render though, and I would use that someday on a lone Zafina design...

P.S. Looking around on Sticklove and saw a interesting topic... The games that's gonna get showcased in E3...

TxSF anyone???

AAK

That list is the fakest thing possible.

But it's still possible to maybe see TxSF... not that I'm too optimistic about that game honestly.

DEATH™

That list is the fakest thing possible.

But it's still possible to maybe see TxSF... not that I'm too optimistic about that game honestly.

Here's the topic...

http://www.sticklove.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=609

so yeah... TBH if they go to a dumbed down route where there are only few moves for each char, I might contemplate about the game... It's the same reason I dropped Jin for Steve and later, King... It's ridiculous how people want a easier fighter yet complain about Lars...

@ZTS Maybe I'm saying this like an old broken record but King is better than that... Dude's mids rock... 1+2 series causes 50+ damage, both NC and wallsplats for insane amount of damage with ridiculous oki already boost him to lower A tier. Dude's insane tracking and underrated FC df+2 (which can be done in alot sneaky ways) and just his safety in general makes him pretty cheap at times. cd+1 (FC df+1) is also a great raw tag punisher with its range and air iSW oki is ridiculous...

AAK

@Zero

Only thing I can comment on is that I really disagree with you thinking Hwoarang is better than Julia.

Would love to wonder why you think Zafina is that good though, even better than Bryan. Mr. Naps has said that her only strength is wall damage and backdash speed.

DEATH™;61119585 said:

Wow, that list is absolutely childish. Don't take it seriously... at ALL.

@Zero

Only thing I can comment on is that I really disagree with you thinking Hwoarang is better than Julia.

Would love to wonder why you think Zafina is that good though, even better than Bryan. Mr. Naps has said that her only strength is wall damage and backdash speed.

Wow, that list is absolutely childish. Don't take it seriously... at ALL.

K-Bob has an answer for everything in this game and no glaring weakness. IMHO he's clearly better than JayCee who in this game honestly, is not very good at all.

In terms of Zafina's placement I can't comment I just don't think Bryan is very good in this game.

AAK

Hwoa's WS punishment is terrible. The Capo and Miharu/Ling Matchup is terrible. Ultra slow low crush moves/no hopkick. Has to always take a risk during a mixup. Bad Tag Cancel. He has a lot of great gimmicks, I will admit. But against a good player they won't work.

Julia has so many safe options, her punishment is INCREDIBLE. Mad axes throw with the 1 frame built in input lag is UBER cheap. Above average Tag Cancel. Hopkick alone makes her better than Hwoa.

DEATH™

Also AAK, here's the bracket for SCA tourney...

http://challonge.com/SCATekken

and some foreword from SCA...

"Team .SCA has been based around StarCraft II for three years now, but recently we have expanded into the world of Tekken. We view this as an opportunity to explore a brand new area for us and contribute a piece of our team to the scene. Tekken players are known for being fierce and relentless, something that we value and admire. Hopefully you will enjoy the events to come!"

Travis "AprilTerran" Yang
.SCA General manager

I hope it's still enough info... Their goal was to completely expand their game coverage to fighting games, particularly Tekken... Tunk mentioned they don't want large viewers or anything, they just want to see how active the Tekken community can be (basically, they are looking for potential games communities that can grow and try to measure the possible interest, kinda like a stockholder investing at Facebook when it's still a small fry, hoping it will boom someday due to its qualities...)

If we can make them atleast give us support for tourneys (which is a pretty small thing for them considering what they can do...) we can make it huge, and if a Tekken tourney gets successful, more groups would try to sponsor, aka profit... so we could make it big...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

The stick should be there by now if not already on the way. I'll try to look into tracking tomorrow. Thanks.

Top Bottom