• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Hwoa's WS punishment is terrible. The Capo and Miharu/Ling Matchup is terrible. Ultra slow low crush moves/no hopkick. Has to always take a risk during a mixup. Bad Tag Cancel. He has a lot of great gimmicks, I will admit. But against a good player they won't work.

Julia has so many safe options, her punishment is INCREDIBLE. Mad axes throw with the 1 frame built in input lag is UBER cheap. Above average Tag Cancel. Hopkick alone makes her better than Hwoa.

I'm not going to argue over tier list opinions cause it generally leads nowhere. I honestly don't understand how you can think Jaycee is good in this game but that's the great thing about opinions. Everyone can see things a little differently.

DEATH™;61118873 said:
TBH I have a idea for a Julia/Jaycee but I still need some bases and actual drawing skills... and I used that Zafina pose because it perfectly wraps around the buttons, as it's hard to make a place for each girl with the annoying buttons on the way... Also, the goal was to showcase the Tekken girls on how pretty they are, so it kinda defeats the purpose when Zaf hides her face for a bit... I do love the render though, and I would use that someday on a lone Zafina design...

P.S. Looking around on Sticklove and saw a interesting topic... The games that's gonna get showcased in E3...

TxSF anyone???

Guys, sorry I won't be able to play for couple of days... got a little bit of a heat stroke...

People, be careful out there...

By 2015, that might be Tekken 7, but it probably is TxSF. I am beginning to think that it will never materialize into reality for some peculiar reason.

Sorry to hear about that. Take care of yourself. Be careful out there in the heat.

Manbig

Manny. Whenever you want to play Borderlands 2, let me know. Steam version.

Sure. My steam tag is either mannybiggz or manny biggz. I forgot if there's a space and I can't check ATM because I'm at work.

DEATH™;61105949 said:
Watch the tourney if you can. And go to the next season if you can, anything that would show that there's a interest in the game...

P.S. Mannybigz here...

PNG

mardukavatar_zpsb8eded01.png

JPG

mardukavatar_zps23434afb.jpg

Hope you like it... just tell me if I need something to add...
Next is braves stick... but I'm still struggling what theme should it go...

Looks solid. Thanks a lot, boss!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sure. My steam tag is either mannybiggz or manny biggz. I forgot if there's a space and I can't check ATM because I'm at work.

I'm level 18 right now. Not too far into the first play-through but I been farming for some rare weapons.

If you guys want a lobby tonight, let me know.

Sayah

This article has so much bias, lol.

do-it-yourself community is going to need some help from the genre's defacto leader, Capcom.

For decades, Capcom has been the biggest name in fighting games

I really do love Capcom fighters but you don't become the genre's defacto leader by having a non-existent presence in the fighting genre for a decade and then purporting silly DLC policies (in SFXTK).

Capcom was also famously reluctant to let other for-profit companies manage tournaments that represented their games, which we can still see today as tournaments like MLG always feature second-tier fighting games like Mortal Kombat or Tekken.

I stopped reading after that.
I'm level 18 right now. Not too far into the first play-through but I been farming for some rare weapons.

If you guys want a lobby tonight, let me know.

Not sure if I can participate in lobby tonight but I will try to.

GrayFoxPL

Lol my salty tears.

Doomshine didn't play for a year and I even can't do a sidestep jab without him ducking on reaction and punishing. Ridiculous.

I played 2000 ranked matches and no one played at least half the speed he does. I can't get used to it, my brain freezes. When I think of my options in a given situation Doomshine forces such pressure and frame advantage I just have nothing left. Btw. No point in doing any fff attack, he sidesteps anything to the back.

When you're afraid to throw a 10 frame jab you know you're against some devil powers.

Doomshine, shame you don't go on tourneys. I'd win a fortune betting on you.

AAK

Man, there is so much European talent I wish there was more exposure of them.

I mean, just look at the level of play of this guy from UK called Punisher. He's new school and is that proficient with Mishima's on a PAD!

If I ever do get rich, I will travel to Europe for a tournament one day.

GrayFoxPL

Man, there is so much European talent I wish there was more exposure of them.

I mean, just look at the level of play of this guy from UK called Punisher. He's new school and is that proficient with Mishima's on a PAD!

If I ever do get rich, I will travel to Europe for a tournament one day.

Awesome matches.

Yeah, in Europe there almost zero of a business side to push things up. In US there's this thing where from a tournament you'll do something like a big show, sponsors want to get in, high quality streams, prizes, coverage, oh Markman is in, oh some famous players commenting. Etc. In Europe all these things are on much lower level. And most really talented players can't effort to travel between countries not mentioning going to the US.

GrayFoxPL

Hah, thanks for the compliments but trust me, I would be crushed by high level players. For one, my throw breaking is shit.

First they have to had a chance to throw you. Other's including me play like in slow motion in comparison.

Go play some ranked, if I can beat Mauruders you should be like 20 dan in 2 days.

Fraeon

Hah, thanks for the compliments but trust me, I would be crushed by high level players. For one, my throw breaking is shit.

Where in Finland do you even live?

We're not terribly high level here where I am but we did just stream a good 5 hours of offline Tekken while recording it.

Stream.

Offline.

err, what?

Btw, watched the SCA online Tekken stream today. Good times. RIB always good for some lols.

Edit -- and watched Rickstah's archive. That Ganryu backturned string against Pokchop -- THE PAIN, oh the pain. Love it. Seems he's got some nasty stuff along with Ling and her f+2+3 throw. Ppl that don't hold down or escape that grab are in for some HURT

DEATH™

Stream.

Offline.

err, what?

Btw, watched the SCA online Tekken stream today. Good times. RIB always good for some lols.

Edit -- and watched Rickstah's archive. That Ganryu backturned string against Pokchop -- THE PAIN, oh the pain. Love it. Seems he's got some nasty stuff along with Ling and her f+2+3 throw. Ppl that don't hold down or escape that grab are in for some HURT

About that, we went to teamspeak withthe sca guys and runitblack and HE WAS PISSED. I went AtP on him asking who to b**** about and said "online capo players!" He mad...

Guys we need to go there sometime, we could actually make a mini podcasts on our own there on teamspeak while sharing servers with them...

Also, gonna talk with the sca guys if its possible to make some internet stuff or even tourney stuff... who knows we might strike gold...

It may have been posted in this thread but I missed it...

Is there a frame data master list somewhere, something that you could sort by column (frames to hit, block, CH, etc)?

Would be pretty useful in seeing stuff like all the moves I can punish at -14 vs -13, etc.

Dereck

I often leave the game running and am on my laptop or doing something else and miss messages sometimes as a result.
Don't do that, easy way to get people to think you're ignoring them.

Also, it would be useful if PSN had an away feature. "Playing TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 while idle".

Also, it would be useful if PSN had an away feature. "Playing TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 while idle".

I think PSN does have an away feature sort of. A yellow clock or some type of symbol appears next to the name when the game and system is idle to my knowledge. I do not know how long it takes to trigger and sometimes it seems random.

Doomshine

I think PSN does have an away feature sort of. A yellow clock or some type of symbol appears next to the name when the game and system is idle to my knowledge. I do not know how long it takes to trigger and sometimes it seems random.

Just set it manually if you want to be sure.

It may have been posted in this thread but I missed it...

Is there a frame data master list somewhere, something that you could sort by column (frames to hit, block, CH, etc)?

Would be pretty useful in seeing stuff like all the moves I can punish at -14 vs -13, etc.

Something sortable would be cool but I don't think anyone has put something like that together. I use this site to check frame data though. Seems easy to paste that in a spreadsheet for your own purposes.

By the way guys, I noticed many characters have a high hitting generic u+2 punch. is this good for anything?

AAK

^^^
It's most probably because he's travelling somewhere before reaching LA for E3.

Please don't announce a new Tekken game. I'm scared people will will lose interest in TTT2 if they're expecting a new version.

But in other news, look what I found in the mail today :)

ib27fnW2CQ6hNt.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Really? Phew.

New game aka TxSF is way overdue. I think it'll have positive effect on Tag 2 in terms of interest. It's not like they'll announce it "Hey guys TxSF is out next month!" but realistically somewhere mid 2014.

We'll just encourage ppl - "yo guys train tekken!"

AAK

agree to disagree I suppose... I mean we only go the game 8-9 months ago on consoles. T6 came to consoles in 09 and it took more than 2 years for them to announce TTT2. The game needs room to grow.

And TxSF is going to be massively different from TTT2. Playing one wouldn't necessarily prepare you for TxSF the same way SFIV wouldn't prepare you for SFxT. But I could be wrong too. Hope for the best.

Just saw a story on Eventhubs but apparently Harada went missing for a week after he had a heated dispute with someone. It's been reported that he's okay though. Wonder what the argument could have been about.

GrayFoxPL

agree to disagree I suppose... I mean we only go the game 8-9 months ago on consoles. T6 came to consoles in 09 and it took more than 2 years for them to announce TTT2. The game needs room to grow.

And TxSF is going to be massively different from TTT2. Playing one wouldn't necessarily prepare you for TxSF the same way SFIV wouldn't prepare you for SFxT. But I could be wrong too. Hope for the best.

They must show TxSF or else people will totally forget about it. In people minds it's balancing on a abandonware line.

It's gonna be great if it's gonna be very different though if it's like SFxTK-SFIV the difference isn't huge. Just like Ryu and Ken play like Ryu and Ken in SFxTK then Kazuya and Paul will play like themselves in TxSF the differences will be how SF will play in Tekken World. The same was with Tekken characters in SF game. SF characters transfered with tiny changes. I expect here to be the same. System changes aside.

Just please make it 1 vs 1. 2 vs 2 is exhausting and definitely not newcomer friendly.

Just saw a story on Eventhubs but apparently Harada went missing for a week after he had a heated dispute with someone. It's been reported that he's okay though. Wonder what the argument could have been about.

"Itagaki, I thought you were my friend. EXPLAIN THIS"
*drops printout of 1up.com Itagaki interview and runs away, teary eyed*

glad he's apparently okay. and sory for the fanfiction.

Sayah

Didn't realize. I'll start using that "Not Available" feature on PSN then whenever I'm away.

By the way guys, I noticed many characters have a high hitting generic u+2 punch. is this good for anything?

No. That punch is not useful for anything. And if anyone does use it, it's probably by accident. You can probably get whiff punished doing that even on accident.

DEATH™;61349529 said:

I don't know him but I'll try to see if I can help.

^^^
It's most probably because he's travelling somewhere before reaching LA for E3.

Please don't announce a new Tekken game. I'm scared people will will lose interest in TTT2 if they're expecting a new version.

But in other news, look what I found in the mail today :)

ib27fnW2CQ6hNt.jpg

EXCELLENT.

I can't thank Markman enough for his generosity with the tourney. Completely successful tournament we had.

AAK

Yo, GG's man. I begin realizing some patterns here and there haha. I really REALLY need to work on my backdash. I was just holding back waiting for you to attack when I should have been backdashing away but I had no confidence to do it. :( Also need to work on my okizeme game. I knew you would backroll but I'd screw up thetiming on Julia's elbow to catch you.

But damn, the TTT2 stick is so SLICK! Thanks again MarkMan!

DEATH™

Yo, GG's man. I begin realizing some patterns here and there haha. I really REALLY need to work on my backdash. I was just holding back waiting for you to attack when I should have been backdashing away but I had no confidence to do it. :( Also need to work on my okizeme game. I knew you would backroll but I'd screw up thetiming on Julia's elbow to catch you.

But damn, the TTT2 stick is so SLICK! Thanks again MarkMan!

Now buy the crown kstick!

(Though you gonna dremel stuff inside though... just small part of plastic...

Top Bottom