• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

^

Yeah, thanks.

I unfortunately haven't had as much time recently to play games/join lobbies later in the evening.

Sayah, Im salty about my last match with you. Actually, Im salty about the last match I played with AAk. Im salty about the match I played with Manny. You guys fucken frustrate me! I hate loosing.!!!!!! Damnit!!!!! I do enjoy playing against you guys, I just hate loosing! You fuckers... you fuckers....

I know that sounds kinda mean. I mean no disrespect. You guys are just really good at this game. I just hate loosing.

In all honesty, I go into every match thinking I'm gonna beat you guys. Then I get my ASS fucken handed to me. Weather its AAK with his ridicoulous Hwo, or Manny with his plus frames Marduk, or Sayah and his Williams sisters. You guys just make me a better player.

Manbig

Sayah, Im salty about my last match with you. Actually, Im salty about the last match I played with AAk. Im salty about the match I played with Manny. You guys fucken frustrate me! I hate loosing.!!!!!! Damnit!!!!! I do enjoy playing against you guys, I just hate loosing! You fuckers... you fuckers....

I know that sounds kinda mean. I mean no disrespect. You guys are just really good at this game. I just hate loosing.

In all honesty, I go into every match thinking I'm gonna beat you guys. Then I get my ASS fucken handed to me. Weather its AAK with his ridicoulous Hwo, or Manny with his plus frames Marduk, or Sayah and his Williams sisters. You guys just make me a better player.

But you beat me the few times that we played... :(

On another note, Poverty Tekken was just announced and is about to come out in a few days apparently...

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ee-to-play-ps3-exclusive-game-coming-jun.html

The weird thing that bugs me the most about Tekken Revolution (TR?) is the look of the thing. I thought the stages lost details at first but that might just be the weird ink effects and stage coloring.

Well in any case, should bring in new people.

AAK

Hey man, I had to REALLY work for those victories. And half the time I end up resorting to character specific gimmicks. But yeah man, we'll definitely play some more.

I finally caught up with all the commotion. It's crazy that this is coming out in 3 days. Can't say anything except wait and see.

And damn those WNF finals were hype. Seeing JFJ play makes me REALLY want to learn Yohi. I mean look at this badass mofo:

izWYWSS2mAbNO.gif

"Look at the F's I Give"

Also, Wow @ Sayah's comebacks against Pokchop!

But you beat me the few times that we played... :(

On another note, Poverty Tekken was just announced and is about to come out in a few days apparently...

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...ee-to-play-ps3-exclusive-game-coming-jun.html
WTF? Poverty Tekken? Oh man.... Thats fucken hilarious!

Yeah, but that doesn't mean I wasn't frustrated as hell playing you. I actually watched your twitch tutorial for Marduk. I kinda cheated. hehehehehehe........

Hey man, I had to REALLY work for those victories. And half the time I end up resorting to character specific gimmicks. But yeah man, we'll definitely play some more.

I finally caught up with all the commotion. It's crazy that this is coming out in 3 days. Can't say anything except wait and see.

And damn those WNF finals were hype. Seeing JFJ play makes me REALLY want to learn Yohi. I mean look at this badass mofo:

izWYWSS2mAbNO.gif

"Look at the F's I Give"

JFJ is no joke. I saw his Law bible back in the T6 days. He had a fucken 2 inch thick binder just on Law. Shit was sick!

izWYWSS2mAbNO.gif

"Look at the F's I Give"

Yeah that's the great thing about Yoshi, if he gets that life lead he can just start playing turtle mindgames all day long. You could tell RIP was waiting for him to do an attack that he could SS or counter and JFJ just kept moving.

One of the sick things about Yoshi IMO. The more you know about him as a matchup, the worse the mindgames get, lol!

AAK

The other thing about Yoshi is how he can launch a bunch of characters when they're doing non-launch punishable moves or even safe moves just because of the hitbox on his Flash and NSS Flash. Check this playlist out, it's crazy!

I need some advice on how to do perfect 2P down forwards on a Sanwa stick. D:

I'm doing OTGF, and I can get the motion semi-reliably on P1 no problem, but perfect DFs on 2P is very hard!

Manbig

I'm doing OTGF, and I can get the motion semi-reliably on P1 no problem, but perfect DFs on 2P is very hard!

All in the index finger. Adjusting the angle that you play at can make a huge difference too.

AAK

I can do OTGF around 50% of the time. I can only do it because it's the exact same timing as Hwoarang's JFSR. And it's way easier IMO to practice JFSR than OTGF because with Hwoarang you have a visual cue to tell what you did wrong. This is how I trained to learn JFSR:

Pick Hwoarang and do f,n,4. When you do this, Hwoarang takes a small step forward and goes directly into RFS. The animation of RFS is him lifting his leg up into the flamingo position of TaeKwonDo. If you look at the animation, the point where he begins to lift his knee up is when you press d/f+4. You can use that as a reference for the timing.

Now when you actually try to do the JFSR, if you get d/f+4, you pressed d/f+4 too early and try to delay it by a frame or 2. If you get the step into RFS, you input it too late or you didn't press the 4 too early and it wasn't tapped together with the d/f. Once you get the timing down for JFSR, you can pick Heihachi and do the same motion but with a 1 instead of a 4. It should work.

Dereck

We'll have to play each other some time.

Manbig

I can do OTGF around 50% of the time. I can only do it because it's the exact same timing as Hwoarang's JFSR. And it's way easier IMO to practice JFSR than OTGF because with Hwoarang you have a visual cue to tell what you did wrong. This is how I trained to learn JFSR:

Pick Hwoarang and do f,n,4. When you do this, Hwoarang takes a small step forward and goes directly into RFS. The animation of RFS is him lifting his leg up into the flamingo position of TaeKwonDo. If you look at the animation, the point where he begins to lift his knee up is when you press d/f+4. You can use that as a reference for the timing.

Now when you actually try to do the JFSR, if you get d/f+4, you pressed d/f+4 too early and try to delay it by a frame or 2. If you get the step into RFS, you input it too late or you didn't press the 4 too early and it wasn't tapped together with the d/f. Once you get the timing down for JFSR, you can pick Heihachi and do the same motion but with a 2 instead of a 4. It should work.

Hei has a visual cue like this for OTGF too. If you get a d/f+1, you pressed it too late. I forget what you get if you press it too early because I haven't trained this up since DR, but I THINK it's either jab or crouch jab.

AAK

Yeah, there probably is another cue for Heihachi. I'm guess maybe d+1.

Speaking of OTGF, after thinking about it, I think it does around 42 damage. Is OTGF the highest damaging single hitting move that can be possible to use as a tag assault filler? (EDIT) Just so you know what I'm talking about, Ganryu's dropkick does more damage I think, but it will never work as a TA filler.

hey guys :p just thought i'd drop by to say hi!

Suuup! I shall salute you with your own main character ;)

if8qO46qTdzQL.jpg

Sayah

Same. No Williams, though but Degen gets King? What kind of world do we live in?

So Tekken Revolution huh?

Let's hope they put Capos, Lars, Lili and Hwoarang behind a paywall so nobody uses them online. :p

LMAO

izWYWSS2mAbNO.gif

"Look at the F's I Give"

I wish I could play Yoshi like that.

You were playing very well, though and winning. :)

Looking forward to playing more matches.

Sayah

In a lobby with Degen/Death. Feel free to join!

Alright. Will try to get on.
Doesn't look too.... wait wait wait.

Wait.

LARS makes the cut???

Go to my happy place. Going to my happy place....................

Man. Ok, WTF levels are off the charts, but I'm gonna take a wait and see approach here. Don't quite see the big picture yet...

The best we can hope is that it introduces new players to Tekken who eventually migrate over to TTT2. Otherwise, I don't see how this could in any way be a replacement for TTT2.

Degen

AAK just broke my Combot

it's in pieces all over the floor.

DEATH™;62201539 said:
I pretty much didn't improved... at all...

No wonder I'm stuck at low ranks..l

You could get to green if you wanted to. Nobody else launch-punishes everything I do like that

Dereck

Sorry I couldn't play longer.

Had to get that DSS Law shit in before it was too late.

DEATH™;62201539 said:
I pretty much didn't improved... at all...

No wonder I'm stuck at low ranks..l
Don't sweat it.

DEATH™

If this is any indication, Tekken's future is scary...

All of the mindgames will be gone and everything will turn into a meter management and who hits the first super wins...

What a nice way to appreaciate my losses...

http://www.twitch.tv/tunk904/b/414507941?t=167m20s

Man, I don't know where to start.

Ok, i'll start with LMAO!

This is the guy who headed up the latest online SCA tourney right?

Sayah brings out the best in sportsmanship eh? Man, this guy was pulling every excuse out of the book:

-He's too aggressive. He doesn't know how to play.
-This beat is ******* me up(nothing new there, I had to mute his streams 99% of the time).
-I'm better than this guy, whatever. I should never have lost to him.
-That crap would never work in a real tournament.
-That was lucky.
-I would put an entire paycheck up against that guy, and win first to 5

Tekken 101 people, Williams are rushdown/poke chars. LOL

+1 to Sayah

salt_pile.jpg

DEATH™

Sayah brings out the best in sportsmanship eh? Man, this guy was pulling every excuse out of the book:

-This beat is ******* me up(nothing new there, I had to mute his streams 99% of the time).
-That was lucky.

+1 to Sayah

salt_pile.jpg

Hey don't beat up the guy... dude does hard work keeping that tourney well...

*I'm a bit biased... he gave me my first commentating gig... though its laggy and I did crap... AAK I need tips...*

But yeah... dude's salty that time lol

PS get teamspeak!

-That was lucky.

+1 to Sayah

salt_pile.jpg

I know man. I would beat Sayah down if I played him offline, and he had one hand tied behind his back, and he was playing with an Xbox 360 controller. I would bet a whole years salary.

vHXft.jpg

AAK

Hahaha, oh man that was funny. He is kind of full of himself. He thinks he can beat Sayah but doesn't even know the Williams matchup.

- He doesn't know to always duck d+4,1 even on hit. That alone will have Sayah walk all over him.
- He had no idea chaos judgement stance automatically launches lows
- He doesn't even know what a reset was when Anna did that to him

Sorry man, much respect to you for hosting the .SCA tournament, but Sayah is a better player than you.

@Degen I was fuming at how I kept losing originally lol. My anger got the best of me haha. GG's though.

@Death You're patterns are too repetitive. After getting hit by certain moves you would always do the same things. Also, you rely on King's FC mixups WAY too much. I see you screw up the execution multiple times. Also, you stay grounded way too much as well. Just give me free time to do my max damage okizeme. Main thing is to mix your game up man.

LowParry

Last time I played your fundamentals were still solid. Even after all that time outside playing you could dash EWGF whiff punish me on reaction. You still got it, I'm sure ;)

Come Tuesday...ha! We'll see. I've been focused more with FFXIVARR lately with news and with E3 coming up. Hype! And T5DR colors are best!

Oh, boutdown. You invited me while I was playing someone else and I forgot to reply. Sorry man.

-That was lucky.

+1 to Sayah

Wow, everything about this guy is annoying. And he even uses a double Capo team. :lol

-That was lucky.

+1 to Sayah

salt_pile.jpg

Lol. I was entertained.

Top Bottom