• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Manbig

Yo, GG's man. I begin realizing some patterns here and there haha. I really REALLY need to work on my backdash. I was just holding back waiting for you to attack when I should have been backdashing away but I had no confidence to do it. :( Also need to work on my okizeme game. I knew you would backroll but I'd screw up thetiming on Julia's elbow to catch you.

But damn, the TTT2 stick is so SLICK! Thanks again MarkMan!

Hardest thing about getting used to backdash canceling is breaking the habit of pressing back 3 times in a row. That shit gets me launched so often it's not even funny.

Just saw a story on Eventhubs but apparently Harada went missing for a week after he had a heated dispute with someone. It's been reported that he's okay though. Wonder what the argument could have been about.
Interesting timing tho.

Right around the time of Filthyrich leaving namco. Wonder if they're related somehow...

If Tekken team goes apart we're so fucked.

Agreed. Glad everything seems ok. Wonder what would make him storm off like that. Maybe they were wanting to dumb down or significantly alter the next installment of Tekken and he refused to be associated with it or argued against it? Maybe it was about sales or money? No clue.

Please don't announce a new Tekken game. I'm scared people will will lose interest in TTT2 if they're expecting a new version.

I don't think announcing a new Tekken game would tamper with TTT2's popularity that much since it will probably not materialize until 2015 at the earliest. If gamers stop playing TTT2, they do not have too many choices as far as 3D fighters go also. People still play Tekken 6 to this day, so I think TTT2 will be fine. Also, I think TxSF is vaporware at this point. They do need to show something or just concentrate on Tekken 7 at this point I think. If they want to reel more fighting fanatics back in, their next fighting installment would probably have to go back to 1 vs 1 or simplify the controls for the tag team mechanics.

They should finish what they started with TTT2 before moving on.

A number of minor issues(mostly with hitboxes) still remain which make certain chars unappealing to serious contenders.

With the recent news between Rich and Harada I wonder if we'll see another patch - 8 months later, I'm starting to doubt it. :(

Sayah

We won't see another patch. I doubt it. Unless maybe they are making a PC or Vita version. The game is largely well-balanced already. Far better balanced than most other fighters.

But I personally am really hoping we get to see TKXSF. This game was announced in 2010. It's time to get an update on how far they've come. I don't want a Versus XIII situation for this game.

Seeing a trailer or some sort of teaser is highly likely at this E3, I would imagine. I further hope it's PS4 exclusive. TTT2 will continue being played regardless. SFIV didn't lose popularity after SFXTK released. TTT2 has a long life ahead of it. Even T6 is being played by many today.

Seeing a trailer or some sort of teaser is highly likely at this E3, I would imagine. I further hope it's PS4 exclusive. TTT2 will continue being played regardless. SFIV didn't lose popularity after SFXTK released. TTT2 has a long life ahead of it. Even T6 is being played by many today.

A lot of people wanted to leave AE behind though. SFxT just wasn't good enough to make them.

GG's KDL, I love playing against you. Your spacing is amazing, your throwbreaking is on point, and your team is absolutely brutal! Once youknow how to beat my gimmicks I have no idea how I'm gonna open you up lol.

Some things:

Julia's WS+4 is -5 or -6. Launch punish that or punish me for something that reaches.
Julia's u/f+4,3 is launch punishable, Marduk's d/f+1 should launch me
If I do u/f+4,3.1 extension, you can interrupt me with any 12 frame move. I think 13 frame works too.
If you get hit by Hwoarang's WR+3, and the f,f+3 hits you in a float hit property and spikes you back into the ground, NEVER get up or roll away, the RFF f,f+3 is guaranteed for a TA.

Had a fun session against Sayah back and forth, then I challenged him to a FT3.

GG. Your Hwo is frustrating to play against. I just try and get outta there instead of guessing the mixup. It also doesn't help that I never duck. That WR+3 stuff floated me like 3 or 4 times one round. Man, you should've seen me, I had no idea what the fuck was going on. HAHAHAHA!!!!

WS+4? I cant punish that if its -5 or -6. Is that a typo.
Julia's u/f+4,3! I didn't know that! I always just panic and stand still because of the follow up. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

GGs AAK and KDL. Close matches.

Anyway, glad to know I can join your lobbies now. Firewall was removed and that's what was causing problems before. I can probably play against you as well now Okey.
GG. That Anna lock down was frustrating as hell. I've always had a problem with Williams strings for some reason. I guess I gotta learn these characters in order to beat them.

If Tekken team goes apart we're so fucked.
I hope not. I will retire from fighting games if Tekken dies. Or maybe I'll just play 3s with Old Man Watson and all the other old farts at super arcade.

Sayah

A lot of people wanted to leave AE behind though. SFxT just wasn't good enough to make them.

I don't think AE would have been abandoned even if SFXTK turned out successful. SFXTK is not gonna fill the void for people that love AE because it's a completely different game.

Same thing with TKXSF. It's not going to be the same as TTT2. It is practically a brand new IP with familiar characters. If people love TTT2 for being TTT2, they are not going to drop it for TKXSF because that game most likely will not follow the established Tekken formula that has been evolved iteration after iteration since the very first Tekken. TKXSF is not a successor of any sort and is gonna bring a lot more drastic changes especially if it ends up making projectiles relevant in a 3D environment. There's a chance Tekken fans may not even like this game but the game simultaneously has the chance to appeal to a whole new audience. I know some people on GAF here wanted Namco to focus on a new IP and forget Tekken for a little while. TKXSF is really going to be that new IP.

If this was T7 we were talking about, then I'd understand.

GG. That Anna lock down was frustrating as hell. I've always had a problem with Williams strings for some reason. I guess I gotta learn these characters in order to beat them.

Anna epitomizes 50/50 mixups, haha. Really great character for agility, offense, pressure and mixups. Her punishment is garbage though in literally every regard (including WS punishment). I think she could use another tracking move as well.

But yeah, you can punish a lot of Williams stuff with practice. And thanks. :)

DEATH™

Calm down. We're good. :)

Hmmm?

I'm curious, did people notice that my Forest Law was customized using the TTT1 2P costume?

The yellow jumpsuit? Yep... (though it looks different since forest got bigger back muscles now...)

PS guys you need to try that .SCA teamspeak. Its kinda like IIRC. Got nice talks with some people about the games in general we wished we could record it.

Dereck

DEATH™;61574757 said:
The yellow jumpsuit? Yep...

Was the customization done recently?
I'm talking about the 2P color change in TTT1.

images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVS0MnjC1fA

You see his comeback against Kayyal last week?

Yeah, he worked out the kinks this week for sure. RIP sent him to L pretty hard today and he came running back in Matrix mode, full blown Neo. At some point people were saying Yoshi is OP in the twitch stream, I got a good laugh. I always make sure to check WNF for JFJ play so I can pick up something new. A lot of times new tech just comes out of nowhere from an impromptu situation.

DEATH™

Yeah, he worked out the kinks this week for sure. RIP sent him to L pretty hard today and he came running back in Matrix mode, full blown Neo. At some point people were saying Yoshi is OP in the twitch stream, I got a good laugh. I always make sure to check WNF for JFJ play so I can pick up something new. A lot of times new tech just comes out of nowhere from an impromptu situation.

You read the chat? That's horrible bro...

-------

PS download teamspeak!

http://teamspeak.com/

Seriously guys, its awesome...

.SCA with the goods

Manbig

Ugh... Was supposed to go to GM's for some games, but been sick in bed almost all day. At least I got some time to watch a bit of Game of Thrones Season 2...

GG. Your Hwo is frustrating to play against. I just try and get outta there instead of guessing the mixup. It also doesn't help that I never duck. That WR+3 stuff floated me like 3 or 4 times one round. Man, you should've seen me, I had no idea what the fuck was going on. HAHAHAHA!!!!

That was a typo. Julia's WS4 by itself is indeed launch punishable. I don't recall if it's Marduk d/f1 launch punishable though.

Her u/f4,3 is launch punishable if she doesn't use the follow up. If she does go for the follow up, you can beat it out with something like a 11f or 12f (I forget exactly how much) move. So while going for the launch may be greedy, you get greatly rewarded for a really good read/guess.

Sayah

You can punish Julia's U/f+4,3 + followup punch with i12. Any punisher you use to interrupt that followup punch will be counter hit as well. So I can do all three of Nina's slaps (b+2,2,2) and they take hefty damage on counter hit.

Edit: Also, my internet speed got upgraded and previous firewall got removed. So there shouldn't be lag on my end.

Dereck

haha that's dope. I've been using the same colour too, with a black Gi Paul too.
I also use the 1P TTT outfit, which instead of dark purple ankle cuffs from Tekken 3, he has red ankle cuffs.

images

Too bad there is no tanktop for Law in TTT2. I would have been able to use the Tekken 3 1P.

File:LawVSlawT3.jpg

i1d47qmKqAFqb.gif

iySxH9y6J9TXX.gif

GrayFoxPL

I also use the 1P TTT outfit, which instead of dark purple ankle cuffs from Tekken 3, he has red ankle cuffs.

images

Too bad there is no tanktop for Law in TTT2. I would have been able to use the Tekken 3 1P.

i1d47qmKqAFqb.gif

iySxH9y6J9TXX.gif

I wasted a lot of time trying to do Tag1 Jin 2p. I did weird combination of stickers to get the pattern but it's not for my patience.

I'm thinking of doing simple 1p tag1 color schemes like Jin's aqua pants.

images

i1d47qmKqAFqb.gif

iySxH9y6J9TXX.gif

I made the tank top Forest Law in TTT2 by making his default pants purple and by making his yellow jumpsuit top white

Dereck

I made the tank top Forest Law in TTT2 by making his default pants purple and by making his yellow jumpsuit top white
I did the same thing, only problem with that is that I can't put a decal over the logo on the back, so it kind of works until you're playing on the right side of the screen.

Also, just got Brawler with Pappa Law, with the best down the stairs combo I've ever done. On top of that, on the very last hit I thought dude was rage quitting. I barely won it and I almost lost connection to the server. Cool cool.

DEATH™;61858469 said:
Zzy is in the .SCA tourney right?

I dunno he just said he's got to play in like an hour and wanted practice. Said he didn't want to play me so much because we know each other too well. So I'm trying to get Sayah but he doesn't seem to be around.

Sayah

Sayah where are you Zzy needs training before his online tournament match! We need you!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You're banned. :/

Have to apologize also. I was quite busy buying groceries/doing house cleaning all day and just finished. No time for anything. Probably will get online shortly now and play for an hour or two before I head to sleep.

Dereck

Faced pokchop and OFDP in ranked. Uploaded matches for fun.

vs. pokchop - battles are in order from last one fought to first one fought since that's how it's setup in replay theater.

vs. OFDP (pair playing)
Increase the brightness broheem.

That reminds, new ranked videos coming with the M.Law rank up. BoOm!

Sayah you should use that Tekken 2 Anna blue dress alt.

Sayah

Increase the brightness broheem.

That reminds, new ranked videos coming with the M.Law rank up. BoOm!

Sayah you should use that Tekken 2 Anna blue dress alt.

I'll try to mess around with the settings and see where that gets me.

And didn't think of trying Anna's Tekken 2 alt dress. Will get customizing when I load the game again.

Top Bottom