• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Dereck

So Hwoarang has dyed his hair red since Tekken 3?

UmpOi.gif

Unless he is a Korean red head.

GrayFoxPL

I've been matching up colors with Tekken 5 DR. They just look more boss. Btw Sayah, Anna sure looks sexy in blue ;)

I have so much trouble remembering color and patterns of clothing it's not funny. It all mixes in my mind. Without pictures at hand recreating costumes is hella hard.

Like I wanted to do T4 Jins costume and I remembered that it's black and white but which part was black and which white? Mind goes blank.

rvy

Banned
Totally unrelated but this is the most active Tekken thread here. Is there any way to beat Nightmare Train on Tekken 6 without farming Kazuya for S rank items?

rvy

Banned
Guess I'll have to farm. The goal is to juggle DJ off the train with the gatling gun, but I've only managed to get to him twice and he kicked my ass.

Degen

So Hwoarang has dyed his hair red since Tekken 3?

UmpOi.gif

Unless he is a Korean red head.
his T4 art makes it clear:
ZZlCeCn.jpg

@Sayah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37rKM36_SI

All of GAF should use default costumes more.

Default costumes are for tourney-goers so they don't get visually thrown off by the lack of their beloved all-black Steve

I do like using default Ancient Ogre though

...i am the worst video game player ever

Totally unrelated but this is the most active Tekken thread here. Is there any way to beat Nightmare Train on Tekken 6 without farming Kazuya for S rank items?
I beat it with Bryan but his gear was pretty high-ranked (and only got higher with each try)

that's hilarious that you can knock Devil Jin off the edge... would've saved me a lot of trouble

I teamed up Lars with Marduk for a while. Good combination. But I couldn't help feeling like my dick and balls were shrinking just by simply picking Lars. Scary feeling. So I just went back to Bruce.
Ogre players are the bigdickest

how do you cope when everything you do is punishable by every move in the game? you be a BOSS that's how

Good matches. I saw AAK picking up Raven. Taking the round about way to Yoshi eh? Good luck. Raven's a fun character but damn he has to work overtime for wins, IMO. I cheaped out and went back to Kuni because she requires less execution/timing/skill and doesn't have hitbox issues. Plus as a whiff punisher Raven belongs to ppl who can BDC well.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Sayah

http://www.twitch.tv/tunk904/b/414507941?t=167m20s

Man, I don't know where to start.

Ok, i'll start with LMAO!

This is the guy who headed up the latest online SCA tourney right?

Sayah brings out the best in sportsmanship eh? Man, this guy was pulling every excuse out of the book:

-He's too aggressive. He doesn't know how to play.
-This beat is ******* me up(nothing new there, I had to mute his streams 99% of the time).
-I'm better than this guy, whatever. I should never have lost to him.
-That crap would never work in a real tournament.
-That was lucky.
-I would put an entire paycheck up against that guy, and win first to 5

Tekken 101 people, Williams are rushdown/poke chars. LOL

+1 to Sayah

salt_pile.jpg

Well........I really don't know what to say. haha. Thanks for pointing it out though. Maybe I'll see him at a future tournament or something and can do FT5 against him.

I know man. I would beat Sayah down if I played him offline, and he had one hand tied behind his back, and he was playing with an Xbox 360 controller. I would bet a whole years salary.

vHXft.jpg

That dog. d'aaaawwwwww.

Manbig

Well........I really don't know what to say. haha. Thanks for pointing it out though. Maybe I'll see him at a future tournament or something and can do FT5 against him.

That dog. d'aaaawwwwww.

You already know that he doesn't know how to deal with Anna's anti low stance and that CH string that starts juggles (I think the input starts with u/f+1?) so just run that shit all day on him and let him cry about it while you cash his lunch money.

And yes that dog is adorable

On a final note, i think I figured out a way to make guessing vs capo's b+1,4 CH bullshit much easier when the first two hits are blocked.

Sayah

You already know that he doesn't know how to deal with Anna's anti low stance and that CH string that starts juggles (I think the input starts with u/f+1?) so just run that shit all day on him and let him cry about it while you cash his lunch money.

And yes that dog is adorable

On a final note, i think I figured out a way to make guessing vs capo's b+1,4 CH bullshit much easier when the first two hits are blocked.

I have no intention of hating on anyone but yeah, he also didn't know about the combo reset which is more surprising to me.

That counterhit with capos is crazy damage. But do share that knowledge.

Manbig

I have no intention of hating on anyone but yeah, he also didn't know about the combo reset which is more surprising to me.

That counterhit with capos is crazy damage. But do share that knowledge.

Gotta do some more testing, but from the looks of it, if you do a sidestep right after you block the b+1,4 and cancel it into a block, the second hit of the low launcher whiffs, so you do NOT get tripped. You might even be able to punish them for this.

With that in mind, you'll never really have to block low. You cancel into blocking in case they do the mid kicks from handstand and if they do the mid cartwheel follow up, the sidestep evades it completely.

Sayah

Gotta do some more testing, but from the looks of it, if you do a sidestep right after you block the b+1,4 and cancel it into a block, the second hit of the low launcher whiffs, so you do NOT get tripped. You might even be able to punish them for this.

With that in mind, you'll never really have to block low. You cancel into blocking in case they do the mid kicks from handstand and if they do the mid cartwheel follow up, the sidestep evades it completely.

Interesting. I will have to test this stuff out in practice to see what the williams can do against it. Thanks for sharing.

Manbig

Interesting. I will have to test this stuff out in practice to see what the williams can do against it. Thanks for sharing.

I just did some testing with AAK and it gets even better. The low doesn't trip you at all if you just stand still after blocking the b+1,4 because of the pushback. You also get to float them for free after this for free damage.

AAK

I made sure I paused the stream during our match... so I didn't hear what he was saying. But connection was pretty bad :(

I just did some testing with AAK and it gets even better. The low doesn't trip you at all if you just stand still after blocking the b+1,4 because of the pushback. You also get to float them for free after this for free damage.

Yeah, just block and you'll never get launched! gotta practice on how to maximize the float for each character.

I hated tekken force. That game was so frustrating! It didnt help that it was the only way to get lots of money and Items.

I hate capo's, but I've noticed Marduk is great against them. RLX? db+2 or d+4. You can take away alot of momentum from a capo just by negating RLX BS. I've only seen really good players like EBM and Juggernaut adjust appropriately.

I've been waiting ever since the DLC was released to see Aris get hit by this move. Now that day has come.

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/415002778?t=11m32s

The guy even gets a taunt in afterwards. My life is complete.

LOL! Now was that a separate taunt? I know after one of her throws she does one automatically...

Oh and...
I missed a GAF member causing Aris rage????

TO THE ARCHIVES

Edit--LOL enjoying this as always, watching now.

Btw, is this a thing now, where people look for Aris to stream then queue up in ranked and hope for a match? If so, that's genius. I might try it just for lols, just to see what reactions I get.

LOL! Now was that a separate taunt? I know after one of her throws she does one automatically...

Oh and...
I missed a GAF member causing Aris rage????

TO THE ARCHIVES
*Batman Theme*
That was a manual taunt at the end of the throw. 1+3+4 iirc.

Yeah, AAK beat Aris! That Hwo man, that Hwo...

Top Bottom