• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

TBH I wish they made the invincible moves metered... same thing with bound. I think it would be great for the next numbered game to have one EX move per round, whether its invincible move, bound move or critical... So people would be smart about meter management again...

LowParry

DEATH™;62810101 said:
TBH I wish they made the invincible moves metered... same thing with bound. I think it would be great for the next numbered game to have one EX move per round, whether its invincible move, bound move or critical... So people would be smart about meter management again...

Meter management in Tekken. That'd be pretty nuts. I guess it worked with SC5 in a way but Tekken? Maybe.

Manbig

Vigor is nuts on Kaz. Without any power, if he gets a crit on at least 2 electrics, a triple electric juggle is well over 70 damage and piss easy to do. I can imagine with high crit and strengh in the hands of someone that can easily do quadruple and quintuple electric juggles...

DEATH™

Meter management in Tekken. That'd be pretty nuts. I guess it worked with SC5 in a way but Tekken? Maybe.

Just only once... and the meter is rage...

Vigor is nuts on Kaz. Without any power, if he gets a crit on at least 2 electrics, a triple electric juggle is well over 70 damage and piss easy to do. I can imagine with high crit and strengh in the hands of someone that can easily do quadruple and quintuple electric juggles...

Darn no wonder why some love this game... America loves their broken games Kappa

LowParry

His EWG feels off for some reason. It seems like it wiffs more than normal but not too sure. But yeah, Vigor. Who needs power when you can have crits all over the place.

I doubt Harada's team is touching Smash Bros.

As far as making progress on TxSF goes... I'm on the side of the people that think that this is a beta test for mechanics in future games, so I don't think this is a waste of time at all. I just think invincibility moves are dumb as hell because it's way too easy to react to a ton of moves. The moment you see something like a 17+ frame move start up, you can shut that shit down.

That's what I'm thinking. I just hope TxSF isn't this easy though.

What I'm really curious to see is if a decent amount of new players get into the Tekken. Then they can transition over to some Tag2

For free, I can't really complain. The game feels good and for some reason, I don't really mind the lack of bound. It's not going to replace TTT2 for a lot of people, but it is still fun. Not sure how I feel about invincible moves yet since I never really particularly cared for them in TTT2 since it seems like the Williams sisters do not have any and my moves sometimes gets crushed. Ok, do you have to wait an hour for more tickets to unlock so continue playing if you do not want to buy coins? Online is one thing, but even arcade mode is locked unless I pay or wait? Not sure if that is a good idea since it limits playtime. Oh well, I'm still having fun with it and trying to learn some new characters since my mains are nowhere to be found.

DEATH™;62812231 said:
Just only once... and the meter is rage...

Darn no wonder why some love this game... America loves their broken games Kappa

Yeah, look at Marvel. Honestly, I have a feeling that Tekken 7 or TxSF if it is even coming out could cater a little more to the flashy, Marvel, casual, easy, press two buttons for awesomeness-500-hit-combo-killer move audience, especially if it seems like TR gets a positive reaction.

The game seems like something they're going to either totally abandon or muck around with for a year or so to test out changes without killing the golden goose. People have been clamouring for a eroding of the learning cliff for a while, but they need to see what they can remove or change.

Or this is just a cash grab to raise funds for putting 100 characters in T7, which I am okay with.

Kept getting matched up against a Lars with nearly maxed out strength. He was getting like 85 damage off a low sweep. Now the game won't let me play anymore.

goodbye.gif

GrayFoxPL

The invincible moves make for some retarded matches. You can't pressure opponent because ZOOOM. So you bait and wait for opponent to whiff ZOOOM. Meh. Again negative on this.

You guys are breaking the eternal complaining rule. You can't complain if it's free lol.

Anyways what do the die hard, "I hate the shit out of T6-TTT2" critics think of the game? They got rid bound, juggling, catching back and forth rolling for juggle, backwalk and more. I'd assume this game is perfect for them.

DEATH™

You guys are breaking the eternal complaining rule. You can't complain if it's free lol.

Anyways what do the die hard, "I hate the shit out of T6-TTT2" critics think of the game? They got rid bound, juggling, catching back and forth rolling for juggle, backwalk and more. I'd assume this game is perfect for them.

"The Game" thinks this should be a tourney game instead of TTT2..

No wonder Americans don't stand against the koreans...

I don't hate the shit out of the newer games, but I have been critical of them.

Shorter Juggles? I like it because it speeds up the pace of the match, but....
Bound? I wish they could've tweaked it or some other aspect of juggling to shorten the juggles but keep bound overall.
Reduced Oki? I'm indifferent, tbh.
Backwalk? A good first step to making basic movement easier but they could have done a bit more.
Invincible moves? Terrible. How many of these fucking things do you see per match?
Critical moves? Is the critical property random? I didn't like it in SCV.

Music sucks, models are better, the shader is fine if that is going to be used in TxSF (but why so orange?..It's like playing San Andreas).

Okay, so doing EWGF EWGF EWGF d+1 is quite hard with Heihachi...

I like the challenge though. :)

It sucks that I can't check out TR, but I'm consoling myself with practising on TTT2.

DEATH™

I don't hate the shit out of the newer games, but I have been critical of them.

Shorter Juggles? I like it because it speeds up the pace of the match, but....
Bound? I wish they could've tweaked it or some other aspect of juggling to shorten the juggles but keep bound overall.
Reduced Oki? I'm indifferent, tbh.
Backwalk? A good first step to making basic movement easier but they could have done a bit more.
Invincible moves? Terrible. How many of these fucking things do you see per match?
Critical moves? Is the critical property random? I didn't like it in SCV.

Music sucks, models are better, the shader is fine if that is going to be used in TxSF (but why so orange?..It's like playing San Andreas).

What they can do is at least put Bound on wallsplats, on backrolls/forward rolls and after stuns and CH... but then again, might as well don't touch bound at all...

Oki being weak is bad... Oki game is where Tekken shines...

Backwalk is just a reanimation, there's not much of a change. Though having a safe backdash for bb is a nice addition.

Critical and special arts is terrible I agree...

This is what I'm saying when we can just go back to T6 mechanics and everything would be fine again. There's no need for changes drastic and such. Just a couple of polishes will be good. But hey, this views won't be heard because everybody love some flashy stuff...

Doomshine

From what I heard you can still float quick stands and you take full damage on ground hits now so the oki isn't terrible, it's different and a bit easier to wrap your head around which fits with the rest of the changes they've done.

Fraeon

We started doing some weekly streams and games, the next one being this saturday. Uploaded the last one we had to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL15430A7D811F0A43

I'm personally doing tons of shit wrong and not punishing things correctly (lars uf3 is launch punishable for instance but the timing is kind weird) but the intention is to record, upload and then have a bit of a conversation about it before the next time we meet. So far it's been fun.

DEATH™

From what I heard you can still float quick stands and you take full damage on ground hits now so the oki isn't terrible, it's different and a bit easier to wrap your head around which fits with the rest of the changes they've done.

But that ain't much... floats due to quickstands are rare, and they basically made rolls "safe"... again, the oki became one dimentional that its a shell of itself...

And yes, its easier and so straightforward, it doesn't require thinking, which I hate... and I hope I'm not alone...

DEATH™;63011266 said:
Backwalk is just a reanimation, there's not much of a change. Though having a safe backdash for bb is a nice addition.

Critical and special arts is terrible I agree...

This is what I'm saying when we can just go back to T6 mechanics and everything would be fine again. There's no need for changes drastic and such. Just a couple of polishes will be good. But hey, this views won't be heard because everybody love some flashy stuff...
The new backwalk covers more ground than the old one. I've seen it used with some level of effectiveness already by players who clearly are novices to the Tekken system.

The Tekken 6 system with shorter combo length, slightly safer wakeup options, and much better *basic* movement would go a long way towards their goal of opening the series up to newcomers. But I'd imagine the special arts are being tested for a possible TxSF and not mainline Tekken.

Doomshine

DEATH™;63036766 said:
But that ain't much... floats due to quickstands are rare, and they basically made rolls "safe"... again, the oki became one dimentional that its a shell of itself...

And yes, its easier and so straightforward, it doesn't require thinking, which I hate... and I hope I'm not alone...

Rare? There are plenty of setups designed to float a quick stand, especially when someone is FDHT.

DEATH™

Rare? There are plenty of setups designed to float a quick stand, especially when someone is FDHT.

Yes, compared to T6~TTT2 at least... besides, FDFT (SLD) s also a rare knockdown state compared to KND and even FCD. Besides, many characters can only settle for groundhits. Which also comes back to my point of rolls becoming more "safer"... What they did is they made the quickstand bad and rolls better since most noobs mostly gonna roll back...

Either way, oki is not potent in this game... unblockables are gone also amplify that... If its TxSF, Its good since SF chars oki is bad compared to Tekken chars, but they better add nothing of that in T7...

TheWriter

Well, Tekken Revo did one thing right, at least: It invaded my dreams and told me to order TTT2. I'm still affected by DoA 5 but shall correct this.

Is online on PS3 still a bit active? And how hated are Angel and Lili or Jun? Are they considered cheap? I plan on maining them (which just means I try not to suck as hard with them), especially Angel, but it would be nice to know in advance how thick my flame shield has to be for this.

Dereck

Well, Tekken Revo did one thing right, at least: It invaded my dreams and told me to order TTT2. I'm still affected by DoA 5 but shall correct this.

Is online on PS3 still a bit active? And how hated are Angel and Lili or Jun? Are they considered cheap? I plan on maining them (which just means I try not to suck as hard with them), especially Angel, but it would be nice to know in advance how thick my flame shield has to be for this.
My question why would that matter at all? And yes, they are generally found annoying in the online community.

AAK

We started doing some weekly streams and games, the next one being this saturday. Uploaded the last one we had to Youtube:

I'm personally doing tons of shit wrong and not punishing things correctly (lars uf3 is launch punishable for instance but the timing is kind weird) but the intention is to record, upload and then have a bit of a conversation about it before the next time we meet. So far it's been fun.

I loved that set, please do upload more when you get the chance :)

Angel players are respected like crazy. She is easily the weakest Mishima. Lili and Jun on the other hand... haha they are the Ken Masters of Tekken. You'll see too many of them online.

Online is plenty active, lots of skill variety still left. Angel isn't hated, but she's kinda rare at this point in the game. She's the weakest mishima style character so most people that wanna play that style probably just picked someone else. Lili and Jun are plenty overplayed and I personally hate them, but don't let that shit stop you from using whoever you want. I don't think people flame others for who they use in this game because everyone has super cheap stuff to abuse.

Dereck

I find it fascinating that people's mains on here rarely cross over. Like, there are a few Miguel/Nina players, but other than that, people's teams are really distinct.

TheWriter

Oh I was just asking because I liked to play Elysium in SC5 as well and she was considered a cheap character. I mainly choose my characters by design first and playstyle second so I sometimes choose characters that are annoying.

I just informed myself about special tag team throws and it seems Angel only has those with the other Mishimas or the bears. Sigh.

AAK

No lobby action for me today :(

I find it fascinating that people's mains on here rarely cross over. Like, there are a few Miguel/Nina players, but other than that, people's teams are really distinct.

One of the other reasons I switched from Julia/AKing to Julia/Hwoarang was because of how many Aking players came about for TTT2. Wanted to be unique and have a unique team :p

DEATH™

Kinda guilty of this, but King is so fun to use... Might relearn Steve one day...

P.S. Not gonna play again... VACATION!!!

AAK

How long have you been playing with Hwo?

I've been *trying* to use Hwoa since 2006 when I could first see MadDogJin's videos online while playing T5.

BUT I actively started learning him as a secondary from my previous main Armor King half-way through T6BR. But once I started experimenting with the Tag Assault system, I couldn't turn back from Hwoarang :) But <3 Julia for life!

Sayah

Will have to watch this during free time. Thanks for uploading. :)

That is niiiiiiiiiiice.

Degen

@ boutdown For the record that Jaycee/Bob was because I ran out of time to pick characters

also, gg

also, I don't like the Combot/Law matchup right now. I think I'll go to fight lab and change it

Top Bottom