• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

Well, Tekken Revo did one thing right, at least: It invaded my dreams and told me to order TTT2. I'm still affected by DoA 5 but shall correct this.

Is online on PS3 still a bit active? And how hated are Angel and Lili or Jun? Are they considered cheap? I plan on maining them (which just means I try not to suck as hard with them), especially Angel, but it would be nice to know in advance how thick my flame shield has to be for this.

Online is plenty active, lots of skill variety still left. Angel isn't hated, but she's kinda rare at this point in the game. She's the weakest mishima style character so most people that wanna play that style probably just picked someone else. Lili and Jun are plenty overplayed and I personally hate them, but don't let that shit stop you from using whoever you want. I don't think people flame others for who they use in this game because everyone has super cheap stuff to abuse.

Yeah online is full.

Funny you're saying about Angel Famicom. Here in EU online she's plenty online and hated due to super fast laser that punishes any tags. Jun is pretty rare and Lili is overplayed since T5.

TheWriter, I don't know if you really want to main Angel(ascetically wise). Her design is awful in Tag2. She's way more psychotic and demonic then Devil Jin. If you ever met possessed/mad woman - she's like that. Screaming like crazy all the time and shit.

In Tekken2/Tag1 she was really an Angel, I liked her, here she's batshit crazy chick with wings.

Horrifying character in Tag2.

TheWriter

Yeah online is full.

Funny you're saying about Angel Famicom. Here in EU online she's plenty online and hated due to super fast laser that punishes any tags. Jun is pretty rare and Lili is overplayed since T5.

TheWriter, I don't know if you really want to main Angel(ascetically wise). Her design is awful in Tag2. She's way more psychotic and demonic then Devil Jin. If you ever met possessed/mad woman - she's like that. Screaming like crazy all the time and shit.

In Tekken2/Tag1 she was really an Angel, I liked her, here she's batshit crazy chick with wings.

Horrifying character in Tag2.

She's perfect then :).

I'll just stick to my guns then and use Angel and Alisa or Jun. Maybe a bit Zafina if I can give her blonde hair.

Finally have access to my ps3 and have been messing around with the game. Did some training with Asuka since I hear she is one of the easier chars to learn, so I was seeing if I would like her. Also did some online with a guy who lives in the area. Even though my internet is pretty bad, the online seemed fine at least with local players.

GrayFoxPL

Sayah

Playing Tomb Raider right now. I find this game to be better than the Uncharted series (though, I know many will disagree) largely because it's not as linear. World is more open and you can explore surroundings around you instead of just going from point A to point B. The secret tombs have really fun puzzles. The action is really great. Graphics are great. Voice acting is amazing. Game feels great all around. Props to Eidos. Will play Deus EX next since I'm liking this a lot so far. Then on to God of War III. All these games I got sitting here for so long because Tekken keeps getting in the way. haha

I got games in my backlog to clear out as well, but I keep pushing that aside because I would rather play fighting games lol. I'll still be down to play some Tekken with you guys, gotta start getting the basics of this game down.

Sayah

I got games in my backlog to clear out as well, but I keep pushing that aside because I would rather play fighting games lol. I'll still be down to play some Tekken with you guys, gotta start getting the basics of this game down.

Yeah, pretty much all I've been playing is Tekken and I presently do not like how many games I have left to beat. Trying to clear out as many as possible.

I also started replaying Paper Mario TTYD. This game is still looking so great today. Script is great as ever.

everybodyman

Neo Member
So, i'm relatively new to TTT2, i've had some fighting experience before(owned UMVC3, SFXT) but i'm looking to main a team of Paul and law and asuka and devil jin here as those are the characters that i'm most comfortable with. If anyone ever mains those characters, could you help me with some tips?( I am a newbie and i can't tag assault properly so it would also be helpful if you could give me some moves that i can tag assualt with.)

Doomshine

So, i'm relatively new to TTT2, i've had some fighting experience before(owned UMVC3, SFXT) but i'm looking to main a team of Paul and law and asuka and devil jin here as those are the characters that i'm most comfortable with. If anyone ever mains those characters, could you help me with some tips?( I am a newbie and i can't tag assault properly so it would also be helpful if you could give me some moves that i can tag assualt with.)

I don't really play those characters but I know uf+3,4 is a common tag assault filler with Law.

Don't really touch those other 3 characters but I can tell you some Tag assault moves with Devil Jin If you're dead set on playing him. (He's really hard to master and the other 3 are a lot more easier to play!)

Here's some of the more common Tag assault moves with Devil Jin.

ff+4 (1 hit)
b+2,3 (2 hit)
bf2, 1, d+2 (3 hit)
bf2, 1, 4 (3 hits but spikes the opponent down)
ff+3, 1~ff 2, 2 (4 hit)
do a quick sidestep right then ff+3, 1~ff d/f+3, 2, 4 (5 hit)

I wrote a more elaborate and crappy combo page on the wiki a long while ago that might also be of help.

What should I be doing with King and Dragunov?

Dragunov ⇒ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4cc1ldx70

As for King, throws, (learn to buffer the Giant Swing etc) pokes and hopkick.

Playing Tomb Raider right now. I find this game to be better than the Uncharted series (though, I know many will disagree) largely because it's not as linear. World is more open and you can explore surroundings around you instead of just going from point A to point B. The secret tombs have really fun puzzles. The action is really great. Graphics are great. Voice acting is amazing. Game feels great all around. Props to Eidos. Will play Deus EX next since I'm liking this a lot so far. Then on to God of War III. All these games I got sitting here for so long because Tekken keeps getting in the way. haha

Ok, so it wasn't just me. I really, really enjoyed Tomb Raider. So many people disagreed when I said I think it was a better game than Uncharted and I LOVE the Uncharted series. I also enjoyed Deus EX. It's sort of a FPS or FPA with RPG elements. I really liked GOW3. Not the deepest action game around, but it still can be enjoyable and the presentation is very impressive.

Sayah

@everybodyman

@MisterLuffy

Did some practice combos with Paul/Law and Dragunov/Bryan. Watch in 720p. You can find better combos since this is just stuff I came up with on the spot. Don't really use these characters that well (I'm using the same tag assault filler for all of them) but hopefully this helps give ideas for combos.

And also, Tag assault is performed when a bound move hits opponent in mid air. "Bound" moves are the moves on the command list that have a green icon on them. You do that move in air followed by the Tag button and you have a tag assault.

TheWriter

Okay, so through Tekken Revo I gained some experience with Alisa and she fits right in with my amateur Angel, so I guess I'll keep going with the two of them. Practiced some amateurish strings but can't get combos right just yet.

However, the biggest hurdle at the moment is the ground game. As soon as I'm on the ground (often), I might as well throw the towel. My first instinct is to roll backwards, but I feel like I'm stuck or too close to the low sweeps. I know about Ukemi by tapping 3 or 4, but this rarely works as I stand right up and get caught in the next attack. Don't get me started on walls. On the ground and with the wall behind me, I'm dead.

I don't remember this being as bad in Tekken 5 or 6. It's kinda like in real life, first I have to learn how to fall right. Any tipps besides Ukemi?

Sayah

Okay, so through Tekken Revo I gained some experience with Alisa and she fits right in with my amateur Angel, so I guess I'll keep going with the two of them. Practiced some amateurish strings but can't get combos right just yet.

However, the biggest hurdle at the moment is the ground game. As soon as I'm on the ground (often), I might as well throw the towel. My first instinct is to roll backwards, but I feel like I'm stuck or too close to the low sweeps. I know about Ukemi by tapping 3 or 4, but this rarely works as I stand right up and get caught in the next attack. Don't get me started on walls. On the ground and with the wall behind me, I'm dead.

I don't remember this being as bad in Tekken 5 or 6. It's kinda like in real life, first I have to learn how to fall right. Any tipps besides Ukemi?

Just do a roll while on ground. You tap square, or in Tekken notation (1), for that. It's safer than just rolling back. Or just get straight up by pressing up.

Doomshine

To add to what Sayah said, sometimes the best thing to do is to just take a hit on the ground and then get up. Just don't get predictable or your opponent will start hitting you harder on the ground.

Rolling back is usually not a good idea unless you are a safe distance from your opponent or if he is recovering from a move.

@everybodyman

@MisterLuffy

Did some practice combos with Paul/Law and Dragunov/Bryan. Watch in 720p. You can find better combos since this is just stuff I came up with on the spot. Don't really use these characters that well (I'm using the same tag assault filler for all of them) but hopefully this helps give ideas for combos.

And also, Tag assault is performed when a bound move hits opponent in mid air. "Bound" moves are the moves on the command list that have a green icon on them. You do that move in air followed by the Tag button and you have a tag assault.

Thank you, I don't think I'm able to come up with combos right off the bat. That last combo you did looks awesome, I could never come up something like that. What do you think of Zafina? I'm thinking about using her.

Try this with Paul: df+2 (launcher) f+2, f+2, b+1, 2 (Tag Assault) Very easy and neat juggle. This is my staple juggle with Paul.

uf+3, 4 (launcher), b+1, 2 (Tag Assault) Also very simple. No special skills or timing needed.

Fraeon

Haahh...

We had another awesome set yesterday. Gonna upload some of those matches today but I got beasted on baaaad this time. At any rate, hopefully we can keep this shit going, it's pretty neat having a night where a bunch of us do casuals and compare notes together.

Sayah

Ok, so it wasn't just me. I really, really enjoyed Tomb Raider. So many people disagreed when I said I think it was a better game than Uncharted and I LOVE the Uncharted series. I also enjoyed Deus EX. It's sort of a FPS or FPA with RPG elements. I really liked GOW3. Not the deepest action game around, but it still can be enjoyable and the presentation is very impressive.

I love Uncharted series A LOT as well. But yeah. Tomb Raider does some of the things better and those are the particular aspects that I enjoyed a lot. Uncharted has better multiplayer, for instance, I'm sure, but that wasn't an aspect I was that invested into.

Thank you, I don't think I'm able to come up with combos right off the bat. That last combo you did looks awesome, I could never come up something like that. What do you think of Zafina? I'm thinking about using her.

Zafina is a pretty good character. She just sucks with tag assault fillers I think.

I was able to get some offline casuals against a friend, who is a lot better at this game than I thought he was. He plays Heihachi and and Forest, and he was able to hit is electrics pretty consistently. I used Miguel and Jin for the most part. I'm liking Miguel so far because of his poke options, and it's been relatively easy for me to figure out some combos with him. I'm gonna have to work harder with Jin and practice those crouch dashes. Overall had a lot of fun and was able to learn a good amount of new things.

PAUL QUESTION

I'm doing the following juggle with Paul/Hei:

db+2, b1,2 B! then Heihachi's automatic TA filler into Demo Man.

Firstly, is there a better bit of filler than just db+2? TZ says you can throw in a df+4 too (so df+4, db+2, b1+2 B!) but I'm not seeing any consistency at all on it.

Secondly, if you get to the wall with Demo Man, what are my options as they crumple? Should I go for oki or damage, and if so what should I press?

GrayFoxPL

PAUL QUESTION

I'm doing the following juggle with Paul/Hei:

db+2, b1,2 B! then Heihachi's automatic TA filler into Demo Man.

Firstly, is there a better bit of filler than just db+2? TZ says you can throw in a df+4 too (so df+4, db+2, b1+2 B!) but I'm not seeing any consistency at all on it.

Secondly, if you get to the wall with Demo Man, what are my options as they crumple? Should I go for oki or damage, and if so what should I press?

Hei's best filler is 1,b2,1 can hit even after many pre hits due to auto crouch dash. Demo man will not work after that, most likely.

I go Demo man when they hit the wall. Best option imo.

Other thing.

Lag switchers are human scum. Deserve to be bagged and buried in the woods. Alive.

Rage quitters are harmless elfs next to those rat shits.

air2gear

Neo Member
Bought this game because of tekken revolution it's fun, just been mainly practicing back dash cancelling though my form isn't right as my arm is sore, getting better at it.

DEATH™

From the Fighting Games Weekly thread:

Wow man, that's some truly scary stuff. I have no idea how I'd react if I was told I only have 12 months to live.

If we live like it could be our last even before, it won't be a problem, of course its easier said than done. But it would give us a bit of perspective... I had friends who died which is considered to be way to early (one by dengue fever, one by overworking/fatigue caused heart problems). It hurts to see but at the same time, I realize by that time we don't have any control when we stop living. Even righ now I will never know if im driving in a freeway and die due to accident (1 time I was driving in freeway going to work on west sacramento half sleeping and I woke up in deep downtown sacramento way far away on the other side of the city. I was literally driving asleep. I was amazed by the Lord that nothing happened to me on that day, and reminded me that He could take my life esily if He wanted to.).

I hpe we could use our time in this world to the fullest... Jinmaster, you, me, and everyone... cause we won't know when we would stop breathing...

This would be a lifechanging part of his life and I hope he live his life full...

braves01

Banned
Just had a hilarious TR session with some randoms.

I was complaining about lag and how everyone was red bars, when one of them called me out over the mic to "be a man" and accept his challenge since I was whining about his grandma's Internet connection. I won 3-1 by just spamming simple low kicks and an invincible here and there while he and his friends flipped out on mic. Then I was booted. Lol

Not good matches technically, but the competition was fun :)

AAK

GG's ya'll.

Good stuff to kdl for making that bob/ganny player so salty. That was Trunk levels of salt when he last to Sayah. And once again good stuff to Sayah as well for that last match, read me like a book.

Thank you Kadey for the lobby and the stream. I had an awesome time.

I had a great time playing you guys. That Erupto cat was pretty cool too.

I thought Manny was going to play today also... but apparently he's playing Mahvel super heroes with Gaffers? WTF does that mean?

Fuck that cat Swagoo... He called me garbage.

Top Bottom