• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Thanks for the stream Kadey and good games guys. It's been a while and that was fun. Trying to shake the rust and nerves off lol. Thanks Ricko (I'm Eraptura) and don't listen to anyone or even acknowledge that. You had an impressive streak going on in a room full of high level players. You got crazy mad skills man and your team is AMAZING. Keep it up.

Manbig

Thank you Kadey for the lobby and the stream. I had an awesome time.

I had a great time playing you guys. That Erupto cat was pretty cool too.

I thought Manny was going to play today also... but apparently he's playing Mahvel super heroes with Gaffers? WTF does that mean?

Fuck that cat Swagoo... He called me garbage.

It's code for coke binging in a McDonalds bathroom.

Manny, coke is soooooooooooooo 80's. stop living in the past. Play Tekken GOT DAMNIT!!!!

I had so much fun playing you guys. I just up'd my game so much more. The session was dope as fuck. Gentlemen...Good games.

Sayah

Thank you Kadey for the lobby and the stream. I had an awesome time.

I had a great time playing you guys. That Erupto cat was pretty cool too.

I thought Manny was going to play today also... but apparently he's playing Mahvel super heroes with Gaffers? WTF does that mean?

Fuck that cat Swagoo... He called me garbage.

Don't take it seriously. You are very good.

Also, ggs to everyone that played. Rhazer, stop dropping those combos man. A lot of those losses could have been easy victories if you hadn't dropped/shortened combos. Still really great play otherwise.

AAK

LOL, Rank means nothing. I just got lucky randoming out someone else in 3 rounds :p

Using Hwoarang Tactics that only work online

EDIT: Guh PSN!

Degen

My Marduk just crashed the Tekken servers

gaf ask yourself what did YOUR secondary teams ever do

edit: duuuuude what be going on

Don't take it seriously. You are very good.

Also, ggs to everyone that played. Rhazer, stop dropping those combos man. A lot of those losses could have been easy victories if you hadn't dropped/shortened combos. Still really great play otherwise.

Thanks. Yeah, I did embarrassingly drop or shortened too many combos. >.< I think it was an unfortunate combination of nerves, going blank during my combo execution, too much Tekken R and rustiness. I probably should of practiced for a while offline before I joined since I haven't really played online against strong competition in a while, heh.

DEATH™

Guys, any thoughts on ATP episode 2? Just watched it and its one of the episodes where I wish I can see the chat...

In general, disagree about Aris blaming the game itself, theres a lot of things thats outside tekken's control... like FGs still staying as a niche group of games relying on nostalgia, FGC doesn't want any games not made by Capcom, too many FGs coming out at the same time when people think they are all just the same, SFxT tarnishing the tekken brand indirectly, etc... some people I know of didn't know there a competitive scene for the FGs in general!

I agree though, and I said it before, Tekken is the perfect arcade game... the fun of it comes from playing other people and learning new things due to playing other people... it was said in that podcast that veterans like Aris, rip and co doesn't approach the game like they had when they are new, and thatthey dont want to play long set too... That I think connects to each other that they approach the game's learning aspect to be bad...

What I realized in this is personally is, I love this game because I completely embraced the fact that Tekken, TTT2 specifically, is a game of learning... that I will play this forever and still learn new things... I can get beat up for a lot of times and that would give me goals to improve on, and its so satisfying when you actually learn and do that hard stuff Im trying to do. Im motivated to play because Im learning new things and get excited about learning... I love the fact that I gotta work for my wins... Now I realize that not all people would have my mindset, and some would just have fun at playing a game where they think they can win or play a game that can be entertaining.

AAK

Rip said that Namco might announce a new Tekken in a month (EVO?). And that makes me sad. Yeah, we hardly knew ya TTT2 :(.

About the discussion at hand... I can't really comment about it. I've already come to terms that TTT2 is and alwways will be a niche game like Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter, and such that will hardly ever get any new blood for the rest of its life cycle. People will have their opinions and they can keep them. I'll just keep enjoying and playing the game.

In the end, Do you enjoy Tekken? Do you want to support Tekken? Do you want to get better at Tekken? Then start finding local competition and support your scene. Less scrutinizing what Rip/Aris say and feel and concentrate more on improving Tekken in your scene.

DEATH™

Rip said that Namco might announce a new Tekken in a month (EVO?). And that makes me sad. Yeah, we hardly knew ya TTT2 :(.

About the discussion at hand... I can't really comment about it. I've already come to terms that TTT2 is and alwways will be a niche game like Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter, and such that will hardly ever get any new blood for the rest of its life cycle. People will have their opinions and they can keep them. I'll just keep enjoying and playing the game.

In the end, Do you enjoy Tekken? Do you want to support Tekken? Do you want to get better at Tekken? Then start finding local competition and support your scene. Less scrutinizing what Rip/Aris say and feel and concentrate more on improving Tekken in your scene.

Yah I know :(

But still... its getting harder to convince my friends to play when our pro players say the game sucks when its not. Too many bad stigma in this game where on the one side thinks its a button masher and the other thinks only asians are capable of playing the game.

But definitely agree on enjoying part... I guess happy times always comes to an end... gotta enjoy each time I play...

Interesting. They could announce a new Tekken game soon, but I have a strong feeling it will not actually materialize until late 2014 or sometime in 2015 at the earliest. Tekken games almost always take an elongated period of time to release after their announcements it seems. I think TTT2 should be fine for a while.

Doomshine

Rip said that Namco might announce a new Tekken in a month (EVO?). And that makes me sad. Yeah, we hardly knew ya TTT2 :(

Even if they did it's most likely going to be a while before it actually gets released, I would be surprised if it wasn't a next-gen project.

EDIT: that's what I get for not reading :( yeah, what Rhazer said.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll probably have a lobby later tonight. It's been a crazy couple of weeks and doesn't look to end anytime soon.

Technically I can do triple lobby streaming but since it's already hard to keep track of two, I won't bother.

Doomshine

I read a little about the PS4 controller and it turns out they no longer have analogue face buttons, that's definitively going to be a big improvement for Tekken. Should be much easier to press multiple buttons at once and more responsive in general. I hope the dpad is still good.

TheWriter

Man, Tekken is kicking my ass for five days in a row now. I have a feeling I was better when I didn't know what my characters were doing. Now that I actually try to set up combos (well, just some easy strings, really), I run into some of the cheapest and most obvious maneuvers ever. Was the same in DoA. Full fledged panic mode during battles.

I can't even be mad at the horde of Kazuya/Paul/Law/Hwoarang players that just spam the same moves because I run right into them. I just don't know where to start sometimes. I don't have a feeling for combo-setups, I don't understand the ground game in the heat of battle, my blocking sucks and I feel like a gramps with my kind of reflexes. Tagging in and out at the right moments is impossible to pull off as well. Goodness gracious, what is my problem?! I will have to re-evaluate my life.

Well okay, enough myspace journal ranting. Mama Kazama and Mama Chang are quite amazing characters, I really like their design. Will stay true to Alisa for now, though. I like that I can use space a bit better with her than with other characters. I need to learn how to punish correctly.

GrayFoxPL

Man, Tekken is kicking my ass for five days in a row now. I have a feeling I was better when I didn't know what my characters were doing. Now that I actually try to set up combos (well, just some easy strings, really), I run into some of the cheapest and most obvious maneuvers ever. Was the same in DoA. Full fledged panic mode during battles.

I can't even be mad at the horde of Kazuya/Paul/Law/Hwoarang players that just spam the same moves because I run right into them. I just don't know where to start sometimes. I don't have a feeling for combo-setups, I don't understand the ground game in the heat of battle, my blocking sucks and I feel like a gramps with my kind of reflexes. Tagging in and out at the right moments is impossible to pull off as well. Goodness gracious, what is my problem?! I will have to re-evaluate my life.

Well okay, enough myspace journal ranting. Mama Kazama and Mama Chang are quite amazing characters, I really like their design. Will stay true to Alisa for now, though. I like that I can use space a bit better with her than with other characters. I need to learn how to punish correctly.

This is normal. I feel learning Tekken is somewhat like learning a martial art. When you think you know something you try an actual match and then stress and panic make you forget everything. Then all you can think is "I must train, train, train more!"

I also think there's this karma thing. Sometimes opponents will have "that day", sometimes you do. Today was definitely not my day, I lost like 14 times in a row, even if I know I shouldn't, but I lost. Sometimes there are days when the most stupid shit catches you off guard, like 10 string spaming shits.

Btw Alisa is difficult character to surprise anyone with because since T6 players fought thousands of them. I never even picked her once and I know her every trick in the book.
Because she has many moves that are technically "in air" it's very easy to juggle her "accidentally".

Doomshine

I can't even be mad at the horde of Kazuya/Paul/Law/Hwoarang players that just spam the same moves because I run right into them.

Well, you sure have a better attitude than most. So many people get mad at me for "spamming" Jack's ff+1, but if you're not blocking it, why should I stop?

TheWriter

Well, you sure have a better attitude than most. So many people get mad at me for "spamming" Jack's ff+1, but if you're not blocking it, why should I stop?

You're right, and my intention was not to critize anyone's play style. I just didn't find a better word for this kind of tactic that foils my scrubby play time and time again.

For me, patience has really been the key in my development. When I'm patient i can snuff out obvious things. When I'm impatient I get blown up by simple setups and strings. Learning the timing of when to go in and what to use takes a lot of time to get a feel for. Take a look at some of the moves you're losing to in practice mode and figure out how do deal with them. Remember to not be too risky and start small with your most effective safe moves (patience!). Don't overthink things and attempt fancy setups when your opponent probably isn't thinking about a damn thing and is just going crazy.

I type these things out to remind myself of my own problems. ;_;

AAK

We still have a lobby going, it's full right now, but there are 2 randoms (open lobby) Manny and kdl are with us. If kadey can kick out PantyLov3r dude we can invite Sayah.

Manbig

I left a few minutes ago, so there should be a spot for you Sayah. Yeah, I wasn't really feeling it tonight. I jumped in because I figured the room would be kinda dead, but it was a bad idea. My head wasn't in it at all. GGs to all though.

Top Bottom