• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

SUPARSTARX

Are these snapshots taken from? Practice mode? Is that how the game looks in 1-vs-1 circumstances?
Because it looks pretty much fine to me... Surely not the cleanest graphics on road but I would say they seem way sharper than T6's TTT2 Prologue's.

Yeah, snapped through direct input via capture card. Will look marvelous on huge TVs

Are these snapshots taken from? Practice mode? Regular Arcade Mode?
Because it looks pretty much fine to me... Surely not the sharpest graphics on road but I would say way better than TTT2 Prologue.
First one is Fight Lab, and the second two seem to be Practice, yeah.

As for the graphics, I dunno.. seems to be about the same as Prologue to me. Haven't tried 3D on the full version yet, though. Hopefully that was improved.

SUPARSTARX

Did Nina's victims get purple when misted in other games?

L6dMW.jpg

TTT2 is the first time victims get the spit from Nina, Yoshimitsu, and Armor King on them. Stays for the whole match. There are some "staining" item moves as well.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if we'll see a Day 1 patch of the sorts.

I should point out that the first couple hours of playing was when the majority of it occurred. Ive put about 12 hours into the game and since and there were only a couple instances of slowdown. It may be stage related. It was happening quite frequently on the artic dream and moonlit wilderness stages. Also worth noting is that i did not install the game.

When backdash cancelling, is it possible to enter...

Back, neutral, back in to back/down? i.e. a sliding input?

Or does it have to be...

Back, neutral, back, neutral, back/down?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Did Nina's victims get purple when misted in other games?

L6dMW.jpg

I think this is the first game that the mist's and such actually stay around for a bit.

Also look in dirt stages (Brazil for example) and also Unknowns oily stage for other effects.

Skilletor

I should point out that the first couple hours of playing was when the majority of it occurred. Ive put about 12 hours into the game and since and there were only a couple instances of slowdown. It may be stage related. It was happening quite frequently on the artic dream and moonlit wilderness stages. Also worth noting is that i did not install the game.

This is exactly what I noticed at EVO.

Makoto

Twtich cops bust another stream (that was already busted on Saturday). You'd think they'd lighten up for a game that's less than 24 hours from release.

DirtyLary

Twtich cops bust another stream (that was already busted on Saturday). You'd think they'd lighten up for a game that's less than 24 hours from release.

Ya , you'd think these guys would change the game title in their channel. Right now they are screaming, come bust me for streaming pre-released games.

fffuck I bought this on amazon before I realized what I was getting myself into

haven't played Tekken since Clinton was in the white house

come at me bros

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Well damn. Someone else here has to have a copy. Maybe they can verify it for us. Or MarkMan. Someone.

There was an update already out for the game on saturday when i picked it up. I have since tried both stages that i experienced drops on and they were fine. I'd be fairly confident in my assumption that an install would take care of any hitches.

Hellix

I hope I get my copy tomorrow. I never pre-ordered a game from Amazon before but the delivery estimate is tomorrow and it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Old school ttt player here. PlayStation name is the same as here. I work at Walmart and we just got our copies in. only 4 copies for PlayStation 3 and 7 for Xbox. so if you start thinking of stopping in to pick it up you might want to be early. we are a smaller stores so yours might get more. also texting on my phone so I apologize for the terrible English and bag grammar.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
From my experience, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have slowdown.

This is especially noticeable when equipping characters with an aura/ki and doing tag assault combos. The more shit on the screen, the more likely it is to happen.

This is also the case in the arcade version, I've seen it slow down before when playing matches.

I hope I get my copy tomorrow. I never pre-ordered a game from Amazon before but the delivery estimate is tomorrow and it hasn't even been shipped yet.

If you have release day delivery from amazon then you will get it tomorrow, guaranteed. Depending on where you live, the package may not ship until later today or tonight, but it will arrive tomorrow.

Doomshine

From my experience, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have slowdown.

This is especially noticeable when equipping characters with an aura/ki and doing tag assault combos. The more shit on the screen, the more likely it is to happen.

This is also the case in the arcade version, I've seen it slow down before when playing matches.

Does it occur even in the stripped down online stages?

sephi22

You know how I was complaining about losing to terrible players?

Well, the situation has changed.

Not I'm getting demolished by players who know what they're doing. Like guys who are not getting hit by any of my launchers, launching me for 50% damage, then added damage and pressure on the wall.

My record today must have been about 1-10.
Feels bad man

By the way, its super easy to platinum this game. I won't be surprised if people have pre-release platinums already. The toughest trophies are getting Tekken Lord offline, first Dan online (shouldn't be too hard, I'm 2 ranks away), and unlocking 40 ending movies.

Ghost battle gives you endings after every 6 battles or so, so its definitely possible to get all these movies in half a dozen hours if you set rounds to 1.

Skilletor

You know how I was complaining about losing to terrible players?

Well, the situation has changed.

Not I'm getting demolished by players who know what they're doing. Like guys who are not getting hit by any of my launchers, launching me for 50% damage, then added damage and pressure on the wall.

My record today must have been about 1-10.
Feels bad man

By the way, its super easy to platinum this game. I won't be surprised if people have pre-release platinums already. The toughest trophies are getting Tekken Lord offline, first Dan online (shouldn't be too hard, I'm 2 ranks away), and unlocking 40 ending movies.

Ghost battle gives you endings after every 6 battles or so, so its definitely possible to get all these movies in half a dozen hours if you set rounds to 1.

Impressions of online play?

Pachimari

We will be able to unlock the ending movies through traditional Arcade as well right? Were the point character's ending gets unlocked.

Pachimari

Ghost battles would be way way way quicker

Yeah I know that, but by personal preference I want it through Arcade, as I plan going through all the characters anyway. And I'm pretty sure Arcade is also and option but after that post I weren't so sure anymore.

Anyway, seems it's possible through both Arcade and Ghost Battles. :)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Does this game upload / download actual player ghosts like Tekken 6, or is Ghost Battle purely fake player ghosts like Quick Battle in SoulCalibur V?

Top Bottom