• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

qcf+1 is really amazing for pressure since it causes pushback. But it is a high so you have to be wary of ducking opponents. I see myself using the move a lot and often get counterhits off of it.

d/f+2 is great for punishing stuff like Bob's WS 2,1 or Nina's Ivory Cutter and other moves that take up extra frames.

Overall, for Anna, you have to make sure you are using the judgment stance. It is absolutely crucial.

Here is the combo video for Kazuya/Anna (watch in 720p if you can for better quality). Just stuff I came up with quickly. Towards the end, I also go through each move of Anna that can be cancelled into judgment stance and then I show why judgment stance is so crucial afterwards since it auto counters lows and grabs.

Also, f,f+3,4,3, b, d/f+2,1 is a recent TA/general combo filler that I've just discovered/realized I could be using with Anna. Haven't seen any other Anna players use it either. Makes her really ideal now. I used to think Nina was waaaaaay better than Anna with TA fillers but this recent discovery changes everything.

One final thing if you already don't know. Do note that Anna's u/f+1+2 grab can be used with Kazuya to do a special tag throw. That's very useful for damage considering the fact that the grab can be easily tech'd out of and takes miniscule damage otherwise.

Hope this stuff helps. If you need help with doing any specific move or combo, let me know.

Wow, thanks for the combo video and advice! Time to practice some of these combos.

Wait, so using judgement stance before getting hit with a low results in an automatic hop kick? That's crazy.

DEATH™

Wow, thanks for the combo video and advice! Time to practice some of these combos.

Wait, so using judgement stance before getting hit with a low results in an automatic hop kick? That's crazy.

Not only that, CAT stance reverses throws... not break, it REVERSES. Pretty underrated stance for Anna IMO.

@boutdown I got beat bad by project run away last night. Pressure does kill me, and iffy throwbreaking killed me too... I am still working on my throwbreaks, but I can't simulate pressure situations in practice mode... help please...

@anki what happened?

Manbig

:/
You switched to TR. I don't think I have enough tickets to be playing extended matches in that game.

You overestimate the competition. Don't be afraid. Just go in man! :p

As for myself, I think my hands are finally tired of playing pad Tekken. I gotta do something about this.

DEATH™;75761635 said:
@anki what happened?

I entered my first Tekken tournament today. I didn't expect to do well because I've been having issues with the game, but I decided to be a pot monster and help my scene. With the games being limited to SF, Marvel, Injustice, King of Fighters and Tekken at $10 each I figured there'd be a big turnout....unfortunately, there was only 7 players entered for Tekken, which really makes me sad. Tekken only had 1 more player than Injustice and the Persona 4 side tourney was canceled. Even the GG side tourney had more entrants. :/

I ended up going 2-0, but I never realized how bad at the game I was until I faced my opponents. The other 6 people had clearly been playing Tekken for some time, so it really sucked for me. Even worse, I've been having main issues in this game, so it's probably best for me to just wait until Tekken 7 for Jun or something.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the winner of the tourney was an online warrior who showed up for the first time. He beat Russell and TeeVee with an Asuka/Jun team. It was incredible.

Sayah

I entered my first Tekken tournament today. I didn't expect to do well because I've been having issues with the game, but I decided to be a pot monster and help my scene. With the games being limited to SF, Marvel, Injustice, King of Fighters and Tekken at $10 each I figured there'd be a big turnout....unfortunately, there was only 7 players entered for Tekken, which really makes me sad. Tekken only had 1 more player than Injustice and the Persona 4 side tourney was canceled. Even the GG side tourney had more entrants. :/

I ended up going 2-0, but I never realized how bad at the game I was until I faced my opponents. The other 6 people had clearly been playing Tekken for some time, so it really sucked for me. Even worse, I've been having main issues in this game, so it's probably best for me to just wait until Tekken 7 for Jun or something.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the winner of the tourney was an online warrior who showed up for the first time. He beat Russell and TeeVee with an Asuka/Jun team. It was incredible.

Sucks you didn't have a good turnout. Hope your scene grows.

Yep. Really amazing stance. The feeling of punishing someone with that is just amazing.

You overestimate the competition. Don't be afraid. Just go in man! :p

As for myself, I think my hands are finally tired of playing pad Tekken. I gotta do something about this.

I'll play TR more once a Williams gets in the roster. :p So far, I've been using Paul.
I also have to get a stick at some point. It's just going to take a while to transition, though, and with school coming up, I don't think I 'll have the time. Full time school and work. Not looking forward to it.

Dereck

Inkognito and Anakin have their own webshow, and they have KOR as the guest. I am in tears right now, this is the most stupid thing I have seen on a webshow but it's obvious that Inkog and Anakin know that which makes it hilarious. It's also hilarious seeing KOR puzzled about what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa9Are5X0Bg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
DEATH™;76135527 said:
Noticed that too... I guess Namco wants to move in physical copies instead...

Which is odd since the game is $20 just about everywhere at retail, whereas they'd likely still be selling it at $40 or more digitally.

Did the digital version of TTT2 get pulled from PSN? Doesn't seem to be there anymore.

thats stupid, thought it would get sales due to people trying out Revolution first and wanting to upgrade :/

and it was awesome to get it for 13$ during the last sale, no need to pull out a disc everytime i want to play it :D

DEATH™

Problem is Namco wants to move physical copies to kill detractors who say "Hey TTT2 sold poorly reboot pls.". Even when many people bought digital copies and online passes, it doesn't count as shippied numbers... hence people can spew out "oh tekken is dead waaah" stuff...

AAK

Yeah no problem Tera. Sorry, my roommate needed help with something and I had to leave for a bit. GG's. I really wanna learn Steve... but man it's taking a while to wrap my brain around to when i'm supposed to cancel into weaves and ducks and then there's the duck cancel juggles which are really screwing me over. But ah well. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Dereck

I feel pity for blue ranked players with 2000 W and 2000 L. Right off the bat, when I see these players in the "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE" loading screen, I automatically know that these guys are scrubs at heart. A Law with 900 W and 900 L? He's gonna be a dragon tail, d2,3 spammer. It turns out, I'm always right. I start the match, and these fools are just pressing buttons, whiffing everything. They get beaten textbook style by me just whiff launching them. I feel sad that they don't actually know how to play the game, it depresses me.

But yooooo, I beat like two Brawler teams with that new Bryan/Bob team, Grand Master Bob gimme.

I played this double Lee team, with 40W and 7L, very solid player.

I feel pity for blue ranked players with 2000 W and 2000 L. Right off the bat, when I see these players in the "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE" loading screen, I automatically know that these guys are scrubs at heart. A Law with 900 W and 900 L? He's gonna be a dragon tail, d2,3 spammer. It turns out, I'm always right. I start the match, and these fools are just pressing buttons, whiffing everything. They get beaten textbook style by me just whiff launching them. I feel sad that they don't actually know how to play the game, it depresses me.

I'm like 1000 W 1000 L in ranked.

DEATH™

Ggs famicom.

I need to fix my throwbreaking still...

Does holding b while throwbreaking mess things up? I definitely knew I am pressing the right buttons many times...

AAK

DEATH™;76264587 said:
Ggs famicom.

I need to fix my throwbreaking still...

Does holding b while throwbreaking mess things up? I definitely knew I am pressing the right buttons many times...

Holding b doesn't change anything. What you DESPERATELY need is a lagless TV. Ever since I got the EVO monitor playing Tekken on my old Toshiba 32" is UNPLAYABLE. I tried once and I would lose to random jobbers because I couldn't move, I couldn't break throws, I couldn't sidestep/sidewalk etc.

EDIT: BTW great stuff on the new TZ news post.

Sayah

Is there a reason people type "after the jump" in the first post in threads and provide the actual links in the second post on TZ? Never understood that.

AAK

Is there a reason people type "after the jump" in the first post in threads and provide the actual links in the second post on TZ? Never understood that.

LOL, it means the next section. The boundary between the 2 posts is called "the jump" :)

haha. But why not just provide everything in the first post?

Would make the front page too huge since some news posts can get so big with the amount of info or media. Lots of scrolling lol.

Also because of the ads. You can make a reader watch more ads on a site when you make him have to 'jump' (ugh hate this phrase as well as 'stay tuned') through multiple pages on a site. Pretty common in any news site.

Sayah

Would make the front page too huge since some news posts can get so big with the amount of info or media. Lots of scrolling lol.

Also because of the ads. You can make a reader watch more ads on a site when you make him have to 'jump' (ugh hate this phrase as well as 'stay tuned') through multiple pages on a site. Pretty common in any news site.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

The weirdest thing happened when I was playing with a friend. He did one of Heihachi's grapples (it was the downforward one IIRC) on me and I was playing King and it appeared that they were doing the same grab to eachother several times.

Kind of looked like they were biting eachother.

Can someone explain to me what happened?

AAK

The weirdest thing happened when I was playing with a friend. He did one of Heihachi's grapples (it was the downforward one IIRC) on me and I was playing King and it appeared that they were doing the same grab to eachother several times.

Kind of looked like they were biting eachother.

Can someone explain to me what happened?

Headbutt Carnival!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfh8gLzpORU

He must have done f,f+1+4 and the opponent can press 1+2 during the headbutt to return it back to Heihachi who can do the same and return it back to him again and again. Hence, the HEADBUTT CARNIVAL! Not the most practical thing for tournament play... but i could be proven wrong :)

DEATH™

Thanks AAK for the compliment. And I will attempt to buy a monitor when Cyber Monday comes.

Also, about steve, you already know this but use alot more of his stance moves, particularly FLK and PAB. The last time I fought you you weren't using them as much. One old setup we had is to use ALB~f PAB d+1 to pressure.

And yes Steve's really hard to use, but he's fun. He's one of the chars along with Jin who built my philosophy that every single move in the game got a purpose, no matter when others think it's gimmicky or ineffective, and made me look at the game beyond the system and more to my opponent's mindset.

Headbutt Carnival!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfh8gLzpORU

He must have done f,f+1+4 and the opponent can press 1+2 during the headbutt to return it back to Heihachi who can do the same and return it back to him again and again. Hence, the HEADBUTT CARNIVAL! Not the most practical thing for tournament play... but i could be proven wrong :)

It kind of looked like that, but it didn't seem to be his headbutt. I don't even know.

AAK

DEATH™;76293871 said:
Thanks AAK for the compliment. And I will attempt to buy a monitor when Cyber Monday comes.

Also, about steve, you already know this but use alot more of his stance moves, particularly FLK and PAB. The last time I fought you you weren't using them as much. One old setup we had is to use ALB~f PAB d+1 to pressure.

And yes Steve's really hard to use, but he's fun. He's one of the chars along with Jin who built my philosophy that every single move in the game got a purpose, no matter when others think it's gimmicky or ineffective, and made me look at the game beyond the system and more to my opponent's mindset.

That's the gimmick stuff I can pick up later, just his basics I'm trying to learn now. His fastest launcher is b+2. And if I don't want to tag assault I need to do d+2,1~3~f+3,n,1,dash f,f+2. i can't even get the first f+3,n,1 to land!

And then there is his bread and butter combo. Any launcher: d/f+1,2,1~FLK, 1, f+2,1~FLK, f+3,n~d/b~ws+1,2 SF

I have yet to do it :( Been practicing to no avail yet. I know how to do the duck cancel but the speed and rhythm of it to pull off in combo's just to do your BnB's is pretty hard. This kind of puts things into perspective where I'm complaining about one cancel into an instant ws+1,2 while Nina players have to get pretty much 3 iWS+1's in their flapping butterfly combo's.

DEATH™

That's the gimmick stuff I can pick up later, just his basics I'm trying to learn now. His fastest launcher is b+2. And if I don't want to tag assault I need to do d+2,1~3~f+3,n,1,dash f,f+2. i can't even get the first f+3,n,1 to land!

And then there is his bread and butter combo. Any launcher: d/f+1,2,1~FLK, 1, f+2,1~FLK, f+3,n~d/b~ws+1,2 SF

I have yet to do it :( Been practicing to no avail yet. I know how to do the duck cancel but the speed and rhythm of it to pull off in combo's just to do your BnB's is pretty hard. This kind of puts things into perspective where I'm complaining about one cancel into an instant ws+1,2 while Nina players have to get pretty much 3 iWS+1's in their flapping butterfly combo's.

Yeah... Lars combos are pretty easy by comparison. Nina, I dunno though :p

But either way... DON'T THINK ABOUT LAUNCHERS YET. Seriously... With Steve, you need to think differently, he's not a type of char who fits in a typical Tekken mold where you can stay backing down to get a launch. I don't consider b+2 as a legit launcher, you want reliability, and you can only get that when you TA. Don't even rely too much on b+2. For steve to get a launch, you need to make opponents become impatient and push buttons against you.

You need to focus on pressure, setups and opponents. Use FLK and PAB pressure, while trying to find the right time to use b+1 and df+2. Punish everything with 112 to continue pressure, then use the rest of his movelist to throw people off, even his seemingly useless hopkick. Completely frustrate your opponent. Despite having bad punishers, he's extremely safe. I would prefer you to play him like Sayah plays his Williams...

(Think of it this way... most of his damage will come off poking and poking and poking, and launches are just a bonus)

AAK

Well, I play Steve as secondary, so my point character (Raven) has one of best tag bufferable launchers in the game with WS+1 because it's only 14f. And getting red life damage is crucial. And from there, doing his bread and butter combo's is really important.

And even then, one of steve's best moves is his b+1. It's a safe 13frame CH launcher and there are so many ways of setting people up with that move especially when they don't know the matchup. And from there to do legitimate damage you need to learn his duck cancels.

But even then, I do agree. Steve is a super safe character. But just me knowing he's a safe character doesn't mean much until I have complete control of him and what sort of setups I can anticipate with the levels of frame advantage/disadvantage with him. And to get there I need to master his weave and sway transitions from FLK & PAB into duck cancels and what not. Hence practicing them in combo's is a good way to get the muscle memory down. to use them in the ground game.

DEATH™

Well, I play Steve as secondary, so my point character (Raven) has one of best tag bufferable launchers in the game with WS+1 because it's only 14f. And getting red life damage is crucial. And from there, doing his bread and butter combo's is really important.

And even then, one of steve's best moves is his b+1. It's a safe 13frame CH launcher and there are so many ways of setting people up with that move especially when they don't know the matchup. And from there to do legitimate damage you need to learn his duck cancels.

But even then, I do agree. Steve is a super safe character. But just me knowing he's a safe character doesn't mean much until I have complete control of him and what sort of setups I can anticipate with the levels of frame advantage/disadvantage with him. And to get there I need to master his weave and sway transitions from FLK & PAB into duck cancels and what not. Hence practicing them in combo's is a good way to get the muscle memory down. to use them in the ground game.

Dem i14 FC launcher? Raven is legit.

And yeah I got your point... my tip is just do df1, 2~1~b f+3 db WS1, 2 alone on the ground... that would help a lot...

Doomshine

He also has a safe launcher now with qcf+3 and who doesn't love vampire knee? Some of Raven's launchers are kind of funky in general, they are sort of half safe with built in follow-ups.

Top Bottom