• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

This is true.
Harada fought hard against money grabbing hyenas at Namco. Now they're laughing in his face.

Expect 5$ hats for Kazuya and 14.99$ bikini suit for Julia in the next Tekken.

Let's take it a step further and make each girls some pervy "swimsuits" that costs double than the game itself. And add some free roaming camera too. And some functionality where you use the PS4 touchpad to shake tekken girls chests. And add some holds too...

Oh wait...

DEATH™;74457107 said:
Let's take it a step further and make each girls some pervy "swimsuits" that costs double than the game itself. And add some free roaming camera too. And some functionality where you use the PS4 touchpad to shake tekken girls chests. And add some holds too...

Oh wait...

You joke, but Namco would make serious bank.

DEATH™

When WTF goes down I'll sell TTT2.

I just put one of my friends onto the game, offline play all day

Hey next week let's do ft5. And famicom and degen too... and if possible, aak and sayah... I wanna get better again before I get busy at school again...

Sayah

DEATH™;74457107 said:

Oh wait...

Well, at least TR brought this amazing song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibOHU-R_mw

I don't think it's the future of Tekken, though. They just got themselves more use out of the TTT2 engine and I guess TR was a good way to test the F2P model as well as some system changes. I'm sure those premium effects are gonna play a role in TKXSF. That stuff looks great and I'm waiting to see how fireballs are going to look in the Tekken engine. Aside from Jinpachi, I mean..

Any tips for doing EWGFs consistently?

Pad or stick?

The most general tip I can give is to practice doing them in a variety of scenarios. Sidestep, EGWF. Dash, EGWF. Backdash, dash up, EGWF. Wavedash, EGWF. EGWF on block punish. EGWF in combos. Just learning them one way won't really help you during match pressure. Tons and tons of practice.

TONS. OF. PRACTICE.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well. Looks like they got rid of the old channel page completely. So I have to make changes to my stream. Will have a lobby later tonight.

Degen

DEATH™;74472571 said:
Hey next week let's do ft5. And famicom and degen too... and if possible, aak and sayah... I wanna get better again before I get busy at school again...
Ogre's db2 will be ready to send you off

Pad or stick?

The most general tip I can give is to practice doing them in a variety of scenarios. Sidestep, EGWF. Dash, EGWF. Backdash, dash up, EGWF. Wavedash, EGWF. EGWF on block punish. EGWF in combos. Just learning them one way won't really help you during match pressure. Tons and tons of practice.

TONS. OF. PRACTICE.
Stick, I can't imagine anyone doing it reliably with a pad.

Stick, I can't imagine anyone doing it reliably with a pad.

A good way to nail the timing to begin with is to press the button while you're in the down portion of the croush dash. By the time your hand rolls to the down/forward the button press should match up for the just frame. On 2P it's almost too easy to roll through the crouch dash motion so the timing may be slightly different for you. Go slow with it and focus on accurately doing it many times consecutively, then speed it up.

If you're using Kazuya it's important to mention that he has a shortcut option of f,n,d/f that makes it a bit more lenient to execute, but if you're solely practicing with him you may lean on that too heavily. I'd suggest practicing with either Heihachi or Devil Jin (unless you just plan on using Kazuya all the time forever, then do as you please).

It takes tons of practice and patience to really get this down pat (more than I'm personally willing to commit ATM), so just be prepared for that monotony. Once you feel really comfortable doing it, then comes the greater challenge of using it in actual matches, a whole other beast.

A good way to nail the timing to begin with is to press the button while you're in the down portion of the croush dash. By the time your hand rolls to the down/forward the button press should match up for the just frame. On 2P it's almost too easy to roll through the crouch dash motion so the timing may be slightly different for you. Go slow with it and focus on accurately doing it many times consecutively, then speed it up.

If you're using Kazuya it's important to mention that he has a shortcut option of f,n,d/f that makes it a bit more lenient to execute, but if you're solely practicing with him you may lean on that too heavily. I'd suggest practicing with either Heihachi or Devil Jin (unless you just plan on using Kazuya all the time forever, then do as you please).

It takes tons of practice and patience to really get this down pat (more than I'm personally willing to commit ATM), so just be prepared for that monotony. Once you feel really comfortable doing it, then comes the greater challenge of using it in actual matches, a whole other beast.

Thanks for the tips. I actually have noticed that its easier to do with Kazuya (I often try to do it the same way with DJ and Heihachi and it doesn't work at all) and when you are on the 2P side.

I have NO patience. When the other guy is backdashing and stepping around at full screen I'll run straight up, whiff and get killed. Every time. Ask boutdown.

Also, I think I wrecked my dpad. Keep getting d/f or d/b input when I just want d.

Dereck

boutdown's top-tier footwork is no match for running tackle lol
ibvTy1rkXErJ8i.gif

Done. Tekken looks to be in a good lead so far. :)

And on that note, I'd like to play some people here this week. There's a tournament in Toronto next Saturday and I finally want to enter. I've still been having partner issues with Jun so I'm probably going to either just use Kunimitsu double up on Kazamas. I'm also going to Japan on vacation in the fall, so I'll need a partner that's in the arcade release anyway.

DEATH™

And on that note, I'd like to play some people here this week. There's a tournament in Toronto next Saturday and I finally want to enter. I've still been having partner issues with Jun so I'm probably going to either just use Kunimitsu double up on Kazamas. I'm also going to Japan on vacation in the fall, so I'll need a partner that's in the arcade release anyway.

I'm online right now... though I'm gathering data for the Tekken wiki, I'm good with some fights...

dropkick_br

Sayah

If you have twitter, retweet https://twitter.com/OneFrameLink/status/364177211865055232 to help Tekken get the pot bonus for TFC.

In the lead. Hope it stays that way.

I can try playing later tonight. Hopefully, I won't have much work left to finish.

DEATH™

I'll catch you online real quick dropkick.

ggs... Mig df2,2 is hard to punish at times... either you press it too early (and gets a missed command) or punish it late...

Good stuff tho... and I lost fair and square... Now gonna practice Jin and Steve after I finish some wiki stuff...

Dereck

ff2,2 can't be interrupted, I try it all of the time playing against Miguel and it doesn't work. That's usually how it hits me.

Dereck

You punished too many of those WS+2,1s with Bob. I was good to use those moves but all of them were too late. Not a good move to use as a whiff punish because it is so slow.

Really annoys me how Feng's back turned hopkick whiffs on ducking opponents at close range. What is the point of that stance with no good, reliable mid option.

Buff Feng hopkicks plz. :(

Dereck

Feng's f3,4 actually kind of reminds me of Miguel's ff2,2. I can totally see it coming every time it gets thrown out, but I try to punish it before the move is actually over.

DEATH™

You punished too many of those WS+2,1s with Bob. I was good to use those moves but all of them were too late. Not a good move to use as a whiff punish because it is so slow.

Nah you'll get the timing down... And besides, part of me is expecting WS 2,1 (many thanks to CDDT).

Manbig

It animates at 14 frames and covers an insane amount of distance, so the speed isn't your issue. If you're dancing around from mid range, try to occasionally duck so you can be ready to unleash it at a moments notice.

Dereck

It animates at 14 frames and covers an insane amount of distance, so the speed isn't your issue. If you're dancing around from mid range, try to occasionally duck so you can be ready to unleash it at a moments notice.
I tried it after I ducked a grab.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I can't ca--

Since this online service is so deeply integrated with the online functionality of the console Tekken Tag Tournament 2 games, several features such as searching for replays, team creations, replay & ghosts downloading

--Oh. Well, that sucks. Guess I should give up on learning Hworang then. Since the game is going to be dead in a month?

Top Bottom