• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

hurray. got kunimitsu's insanely boring ass bnb down. uf 3, df 1,3 f.3 1,2,4 ff 4 f 4. And I guess I'm not using to doing motions like d, df. Any tips on that? If I could get that down then I'd definitely have Michelle as my second. Jun looks fun. Going through her combos now.

Sayah

hurray. got kunimitsu's insanely boring ass bnb down. uf 3, df 1,3 f.3 1,2,4 ff 4 f 4. And I guess I'm not using to doing motions like d, df. Any tips on that? If I could get that down then I'd definitely have Michelle as my second. Jun looks fun. Going through her combos now.

You do those motions just like qcf. Or at least that's how I do it. I'm assuming you are talking about Michelle/Jaycee's main combo filler move. Don't even remember the name. lol

Just takes some time getting used to.

I got dinged for copyright and they took away my ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes.

Well, damn.

JimiNutz

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered before, but...

I'm kind of new to the Tekken series. Picked up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for 360 a few weeks ago.
Been playing offline arcade mode against cpu just to get used to the game, however cpu characters seem to be dressed in novelty outfits.... like wearing weird little pink hats and holding fish in their hands?

It's funny at first, but kind of annoying now.
Is there any way to turn this option off? My characters aren't wearing any weird little hot pants, just the cpu characters.

How do I turn this off? Steve Fox is a boxer dammit, he shouldn't be holding fish while he fights....

That's helpful. Though, combos are always going to be unique depending on which team you use.

For Michelle specifically, I think she fits really well with Nina. Beautiful synergy with tag assaults and combos. Though, any team can really work in this game. Kuni and Jun are probably great matches too.

Hah damn. I forgot about tag assaults and combos. Too much 1 player street fighter. I was watching greentekken and VONP's jun asuka team looked good.

AAK

Sorry if this has been answered before, but...

I'm kind of new to the Tekken series. Picked up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for 360 a few weeks ago.
Been playing offline arcade mode against cpu just to get used to the game, however cpu characters seem to be dressed in novelty outfits.... like wearing weird little pink hats and holding fish in their hands?

It's funny at first, but kind of annoying now.
Is there any way to turn this option off? My characters aren't wearing any weird little hot pants, just the cpu characters.

How do I turn this off? Steve Fox is a boxer dammit, he shouldn't be holding fish while he fights....

Sorry, no option to turn it off.

JimiNutz

Banned
Sorry, no option to turn it off.

Oh well.
It is pretty funny when I'm high.
Some of the endings too... like Kumas and Rogers are great when baked.

Might pick up Tekken 6 as well then as I assume there are no novelty items in that unless you want to equip them?

Also not a fan of Yoshimitsu's pink outfit, the original Cyber samurai look from Tekken 3 is much better.

Sayah

How's the online population/support for the wii u version? I can get a copy for $10, so I'm curious.

I don't have the Wii U version but I don't think it's as active as the PS3 version online. But it has extra content that the other versions lack. $10 is a steal.

Sanic

I don't have the Wii U version but I don't think it's as active as the PS3 version online. But it has extra content that the other versions lack. $10 is a steal.

Didn't know it had extra content, nice.

I'm more concerned as to if I can find matches, period. I'm not looking for a good pool of players, just any players :p

Jun and Kuni? What a coincidence...:p It seems we use the same characters a lot!

Sayah

I'm more concerned as to if I can find matches, period. I'm not looking for a good pool of players, just any players :p
Yeah wiiu version has tekken ball mode (very fun for local play), mushroom battle and Nintendo costumes. The recent price drop probably increased the online player base on wii u but I can't tell you for certain. Wish I had it on wii u.

I do not have the Wii U version either and $10 is definitely a steal, but from what I heard, the online is essentially dead and not near as active as PS3 and the X360 versions. Who knows though, maybe the price drop will cause more players to materialize online?

AAK

I guess things like using the official forums maybe?

But even then, you need an absurd amount of bandwidth to keep WTF running and I always knew it was too good to be true as a free service. Even though it sucks I have to be realistic with its discontinuation.

Sayah

I guess things like using the official forums maybe?

But even then, you need an absurd amount of bandwidth to keep WTF running and I always knew it was too good to be true as a free service. Even though it sucks I have to be realistic with its discontinuation.

There's a thread on WTF about the shutting down of the site that was fairly active.

But yeah, I can understand why Namco doesn't want to incur the costs of maintaining a free website when it's not even that active with members. They could try to update some things and offer new paid features like replay sharing on the web through youtube or other video service.

Both TZ and WTF forums are also designed in a way that just doesn't work. There should be a main forum page for everything Tekken. There shouldn't be separate forum discussions for each different character. It divides and disperses the discussion too much. If a Wang player asks a question under the character forums, (for instance) I might be able to answer that question and participate. However, I'm not going to go through each individual character's forum just to see the latest trending topics. The way both of these sites are designed, it's not going to be active. There needs to be a single page that has all the threads in chronological order by latest comment.

Dividing everything in so many categories just makes me not want to look and read through all the different stuff. It seems like a hassle.

While making a thread, they should just provide the option to have it focused on any one specific character and archive that thread under that specific character's section but still show the actual thread on the main forum page. Hopefully, I'm making sense.

GGs to teh_awesomeness! Sorry for the lag. Apartment internet isn't great.

I think you should look up some frame data and work on your punishment. That alone should make you a lot better.

GGs to teh_awesomeness! Sorry for the lag. Apartment internet isn't great.

I think you should look up some frame data and work on your punishment. That alone should make you a lot better.

Yeah I had a hard time trying to figure out what I can punish and not punish.

So many things I need to work on, like my defense and movement.

AAK

I don't know why but the internet lag got pretty bad in those last few matches boudown and famicom. Sorry about that... Especially to you Famicom when I started playing Hwoarang on you... it must be a pain dealing with him in laggy situations.

DEATH™

There's a thread on WTF about the shutting down of the site that was fairly active.

But yeah, I can understand why Namco doesn't want to incur the costs of maintaining a free website when it's not even that active with members. They could try to update some things and offer new paid features like replay sharing on the web through youtube or other video service.

Both TZ and WTF forums are also designed in a way that just doesn't work. There should be a main forum page for everything Tekken. There shouldn't be separate forum discussions for each different character. It divides and disperses the discussion too much. If a Wang player asks a question under the character forums, (for instance) I might be able to answer that question and participate. However, I'm not going to go through each individual character's forum just to see the latest trending topics. The way both of these sites are designed, it's not going to be active. There needs to be a single page that has all the threads in chronological order by latest comment.

Dividing everything in so many categories just makes me not want to look and read through all the different stuff. It seems like a hassle.

While making a thread, they should just provide the option to have it focused on any one specific character and archive that thread under that specific character's section but still show the actual thread on the main forum page. Hopefully, I'm making sense.

The problem with not having a separate forums in each char is that one forum where all the character threads are will be a total clutter. Look at SRK TTT2 forum for example. All the character threads are clumped in and it's hard to look for your thread you want to go to. It's way more harder to look at the info you are looking for.

Second, You can't fit everything a character has in the OP of a thread, and even if you do, DON'T. This is the lesson you have in web design. Not only you miss out on ad revenue, you also overwhelm your reader with the big wall of text. And even in a game like Tekken, where simple BNBs can take up a big chunk of the page, how bout fitting everything in one thread?

About the file sharing stuff... just release the game again in PS4 :p

What I realize right now is the forums are still a viable part, but not the central part. Forums are good for discussions that requires TLDR posts and such a good way to be archived. The rest of the mini discussions fall to Facebook, quick announcements on Twitter and others. The life of a site relies on the front page now. Even right now Eventhubs forums suck but it's still considered the most active site for 2D peeps. I do want alot of things in TZ to be added on like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Twitch integration, a more comprehensive Wiki, and if possible, WTF and TZ to be united (and senior mods are authorized to ban boosters Kreygasm), along with the regular players page. It's a pretty tall order... but yeah...

Dereck

I don't know why but the internet lag got pretty bad in those last few matches boudown and famicom. Sorry about that... Especially to you Famicom when I started playing Hwoarang on you... it must be a pain dealing with him in laggy situations.
I felt real good about that low parry against Steve bro, even though I didn't do the combo I wanted, I was happy when I predicted the low and took the risk and it worked. I have never intentionally low parried anything online until last night.

Sayah

I haven't been able to play online recently. :(

DEATH™;77456629 said:
The problem with not having a separate forums in each char is that one forum where all the character threads are will be a total clutter. Look at SRK TTT2 forum for example. All the character threads are clumped in and it's hard to look for your thread you want to go to. It's way more harder to look at the info you are looking for.

Second, You can't fit everything a character has in the OP of a thread, and even if you do, DON'T. This is the lesson you have in web design. Not only you miss out on ad revenue, you also overwhelm your reader with the big wall of text. And even in a game like Tekken, where simple BNBs can take up a big chunk of the page, how bout fitting everything in one thread?

About the file sharing stuff... just release the game again in PS4 :p

What I realize right now is the forums are still a viable part, but not the central part. Forums are good for discussions that requires TLDR posts and such a good way to be archived. The rest of the mini discussions fall to Facebook, quick announcements on Twitter and others. The life of a site relies on the front page now. Even right now Eventhubs forums suck but it's still considered the most active site for 2D peeps. I do want alot of things in TZ to be added on like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Twitch integration, a more comprehensive Wiki, and if possible, WTF and TZ to be united (and senior mods are authorized to ban boosters Kreygasm), along with the regular players page. It's a pretty tall order... but yeah...
They could just have a sticky thread for each character. I'm just giving my personal account of what I think and why I don't like browsing TZ or WTF that much. Making it separate like that ensures that there is less clumping together but it also segregates and divides the discussion too much.

DEATH™

I haven't been able to play online recently. :(

They could just have a sticky thread for each character. I'm just giving my personal account of what I think and why I don't like browsing TZ or WTF that much. Making it separate like that ensures that there is less clumping together but it also segregates and divides the discussion too much.

Yeah I totally want that too, im just concerned about piling up a bunch of info on the first post. But well... the wiki is used for that...

Dereck

Even though Inkog won WNF dude was fucking up hard, RIP was landing d2,3's like no tomorrow and Inkog and RIB were dropping combos like hot skillets all match.

Even though Inkog won WNF dude was fucking up hard, RIP was landing d2,3's like no tomorrow and Inkog and RIB were dropping combos like hot skillets all match.

Watched it live last night, that was some ugly tekken for high level players.

I think I'm going to drop Kazuya for now as I learn how to improve my fundamentals. After playing those matches with Terareflection and looking up some frame data on Kazuya, I think picking an easier character to use would be better for me. My first tekken was Tekken 5 and Kazuya was the first character I used, which is basically why I've been using him since. I didn't realize he would be so hard to master.

Sayah

theawesomeness, I didn't realize you were the Kaz/anna player until later. If you just started with TTT2, you are playing really fantastic. Seriously. My suggestions would be to improve on your defense. Let neutral guard do its work. Also use grabs more often. With Anna, you can do u/f+1+2 and tag to do the special tag throw with Kaz. And you can consistently do electrics which is really amazing. I can't. lol

theawesomeness, I didn't realize you were the Kaz/anna player until later. If you just started with TTT2, you are playing really fantastic. Seriously. My suggestions would be to improve on your defense. Let neutral guard do its work. Also use grabs more often. With Anna, you can do u/f+1+2 and tag to do the special tag throw with Kaz. And you can consistently do electrics which is really amazing. I can't. lol

I played T5 and T6 casually, but didn't find out about the more complex things like backdashing until ttt2. I can do electrics when I'm standing still, but I still need to practice doing it after sidestepping and backdashing. I'll keep your advice in mind Thanks.

Also I'm happy I started winning some matching lol. I think I lost like 5-6 straight before I finally won one. I was also getting discouraged because I lost every single match the other day against Terareflection.

Top Bottom