• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you guys or up for it, I will run a lobby tomorrow. I can always count on Tekken R for a bunch of randoms to stream, TTT2 is something else entirely. Seems like FGC is slow here and there in general.

DEATH™

If you guys or up for it, I will run a lobby tomorrow. I can always count on Tekken R for a bunch of randoms to stream, TTT2 is something else entirely. Seems like FGC is slow here and there in general.

I would come more often if I can put the school stuff away quick... I am also expect more hours for work (and hopefully translate to having a gaming monitor and me going to either Kumite in Tennessee or Final Round) as I finally got the transfer I wanted. YES!

And by then I will consistently beat Degen and his lucky and gimmicky Ogre...

AAK

AAK how do you like my Bobs?

Your bobs are legit. I'm not a Bob expert, but I definitely notice you using some of his key moves. Some things I noticed that I loved:

- Your use of b+2,2. You know I can't react to the second high and used it to terrorize me as much as you could. But you will come accross tougher opponents who can can duck the second hit so be careful.
- How you use d/b+3+4,3+4 at clutch situations.
- Using f,f+2 as much as you possibly can. And I think you know about the okizeme afterward too how f,f+2 would bound a quick get up and a d+1 gets people who remain face down feet away.
- That Bryan/Bob juggle off of the f,f+1+2 grab is boss
- Using Bob's ws+3,3 to optimize juggle damage despite being harder to do.

Overall, good stuff. Bob is a cheap character though :p. I'm not sure if you know but Bob has ridiculous okizeme after his 1+3 throw. I've seen Bob players do his d+2,1,2,2 that will hit backturned on people trying to quick getup. And so because people are scared of getting up you get a free chance to ground hit them with whatever you'd like.

Dereck

Your bobs are legit. I'm not a Bob expert, but I definitely notice you using some of his key moves. Some things I noticed that I loved:
- Your use of b+2,2. You know I can't react to the second high and used it to terrorize me as much as you could. But you will come accross tougher opponents who can can duck the second hit so be careful.
b+2,2 is funny because I always tease the the two 4,4s at the end, knowing that the last kick is duckable, but I rarely do it, but then throw it out after a slight delay and it works 70% of the time if the opponent has not seen it. Ricko Sauve won't fall for that shit though no matter how many times I try it.

- How you use d/b+3+4,3+4 at clutch situations.
I feel bad about that, but yeah that move is way too useful to not use.

- Using f,f+2 as much as you possibly can.
That move is hard to punish on block because of the pushback. So, if I know it isn't gonna whiff, I throw it out here and there.
And I think you know about the okizeme afterward too how f,f+2 would bound a quick get up and a d+1 gets people who remain crouching.
I know about that okizeme but surprisingly I hardly use that for oki.

- That Bryan/Bob juggle off of the f,f+1+2 grab is boss
You can thank Inkognito for that.

I was watching WNF and Inkog used that on Kayyal, I had to learn that combo. It's hard to land though, but if I do land it, I feel like a king.

- Using Bob's ws+3,3 to optimize juggle damage despite being harder to do.
Thanks

Overall, good stuff. Bob is a cheap character though :p. I'm not sure if you know but Bob has ridiculous okizeme after his 1+3 throw. I've seen Bob players do his d+2,1,2,2 that will hit backturned on people trying to quick getup. And so because people are scared of getting up you get a free chance to ground hit them with whatever you'd like.
OK

AAK

Argh... why is True Ogre's WM, u+1+2, 3,2 so character inconsistent!!!! It doesn't work on female characters, small characters, animal characters, or big characters. When I was practicing on Lars I was getting 118 damage off WM with my current team..... sigh I guess I'll stick with generic d/f+2, d/f+2,1,2 for consistent 80 damage.

Doomshine

Argh... why is True Ogre's WM, u+1+2, 3,2 so character inconsistent!!!! It doesn't work on female characters, small characters, animal characters, or big characters. When I was practicing on Lars I was getting 118 damage off WM with my current team..... sigh I guess I'll stick with generic d/f+2, d/f+2,1,2 for consistent 80 damage.

Reminds me of Jin's CH4 in T6. You had to remember which characters you can get a full combo on.

GrayFoxPL

Hopefully True Ogre will be absent from next Tekken. He just looks like a mess and it's hard to tell what is happening when a character is close to him. But really his look is based some kind of drawing very indecisive of 5 year old.

AAK

Have you had trouble consistently landing 3,2, db1 after a launcher on any of the small characters yet? lol

This is MADNESSSS!!!! I can't figure out what's the trick to getting it consistent!!! Also apparently my 118 WM combo was Lars specific, practicing on Hwoarang and my last hit won't connect *grumble*.

Oh my God this game... I should be doing work but I can't stop experimenting with this guy.

GrayFoxPL

This is MADNESSSS!!!! I can't figure out what's the trick to getting it consistent!!! Also apparently my 118 WM combo was Lars specific, practicing on Hwoarang and my last hit won't connect *grumble*.

Oh my God this game... I should be doing work but I can't stop experimenting with this guy.

Try slight step left or right. Some combos for characters work or not if you're like 3 pixels off axis.

Degen

Hopefully True Ogre will be absent from next Tekken. He just looks like a mess and it's hard to tell what is happening when a character is close to him. But really his look is based some kind of drawing very indecisive of 5 year old.
NO U x 1000

Here's an Ogre/Jack wall thing you may or may not know about. I suck at notation so I'll try to explain the best I can

Ogre: uf1+2,1+2. Wall splat
df3,2~5 for dat tag assault
Jack does his u+1+2 or whatever the upward punch command is (it's his auto-filler)
Ogre does u+4 (hold Up and fly) with a little delay so it works right. Follow up with 2 in the air.
the damage. the damage.

I've seen people finish other wall combos with the Flying 2 so, yeah

AAK

Holy crap that damage indeed.... Unfortunately my current partner doesn't have anything to land a FLY 2 off a wall stun. But maybe it will be possible off a combo away from the wall. Definitely have to experiment with that.

I'm still super inconsistent with hcf+2:1+2. I need that for max damage in juggles. But damn, movement is super challenging with this character. Also, the fact that his fastest launcher is probably u/b+3 it's so awkward trying to think of something to do when I block a launch punishable move.

AAK

never forget:

iwXJ1vOKOnd5A.png

Dereck

You know, I'd feel a lot worse about the potential fate of WTF if it didn't take days to update like it has recently.
Harada's purposely slowing the website down so people will slowly get annoyed and detached from WTF, to justify him removing it. Those mind tricks.

AAK

Oh SNAP True Ogre's hcf+2:1+2 works as a TA ender even if the TA assist does a ground pounce move! This opens more options :)

& Uh OH.... looks like Malgu is back! For those who don't know, he was the most diabolically evil Law player in the planet during the T6 days.

DEATH™

Oh SNAP True Ogre's hcf+2:1+2 works as a TA ender even if the TA assist does a ground pounce move! This opens more options :)

& Uh OH.... looks like Malgu is back! For those who don't know, he was the most diabolically evil Law player in the planet during the T6 days.

hcf 2:1+2 is the health stealer move right?

AAK

DEATH™;78846973 said:
hcf 2:1+2 is the health stealer move right?

That's hcb+2 ;) Only thing I could think of is the same thing Bronson does, use it after a wall break.

EDIT: YES I've finally eclipsed Sayah's rank of Savior. Now back to learning how to play True Ogre.

DEATH™

Ahhh that reminds me,

RIP.
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

By the way anything to preserve before the site goes? I got all the dan ranks and some background images I guess.

http://abload.de/img/homedbsu0.jpg
http://abload.de/img/loggedout_home0ts0o.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?rjk3ugcly26t827

I actually have all the dan ranks, decals, char models and many more... thanks to the guys who practices archery that loves his iPad...

I actually want to mess around with the models more but I can't due to time constraints...

AAK

Ahhh that reminds me,

RIP.
chansub-global-emoticon-f6c13c7fc0a5c93d-36x30.png

Damn, We'll miss ya WTF :(

iTGZKto7DDzeG.png

I never once reached the top 400 in NA. At least I made top 500... oh well. When it comes to players I probably did reach top 150 in NA. But for the amount of time I spent I should have done better. Ah well. It's been fun.

Sayah

^
Congrats to AAK. :D

A good percentage of those top players are boosters so I would say you are definitely in the top 400.

On an another note, I need this logo to change.
anniversary.jpg

Plz someone with contacts tell the Tekken team to change it. The Wings need to go and the "Pride. Will. Destiny." statement needs to go. The wings are especially just ruining everything.

On a third note, vote for TEKKEN. Too close to be losing out on this now.

http://oneframelink.com/polls/tfc2013/bonus-prize

Every single Michelle replay is this asshat booster. How frustrating. I can't find his profile so maybe he's banned. Hopefully his friend gets banned too.

There is one thing boutdown is doing that Namco isn't... it's finally coming up with some fresh new designs to the cast. I mean look at this:

2004:

ninawilliams.png

2005:

167px-Nina_T5DR.jpg

2007:

NinaWilliams-176x300.png

2008:

Nina_williams.jpg

2011:

180px-Nina_Williams_TTT2_CG.png

.... Anyone notice a pattern??? I mean how HARD is it to change your design and be a little creative for a change! On the other hand look at how Tekken was handled from 1995 - 2002

180px-NinaT1.JPG
94px-Nina-williams-tekken-2-picture.jpg
nina_williams_tekken_3_by_ilovefallingcows25-d6fcb36.png
180px-NinaWilliams(1).jpg

Sometime I think Tekken 4 scared the Namco Tekken team TOOO much.

word, i'm sick of getting the same default costumes since vanilla Tekken 5. I loved looking forward to how different each character would look in each installment. That's why I loved Tekken 4, everyone had a fresh new look.

AAK

Damn it Tekken has to win the one frame link poll! More money for jdcr :p

Anyone want to play Tekken? I want to face somebody I haven't played before.

I will not have internet for the next 2 weeks. but I would love to play you doing the Eastern Canada regionals :) I plan on attending
and humiliating Toronto mwahahah
! :p

Damn, I've always wanted to play you. Well that sucks. I guess I'll have to level up and do what I can to defend Toronto! (HAHA, YEAH RIGHT.)

Ack, sorry. Are you still able to play? My PSN is the same as my username here.

Edit: Ahh, sorry. Looks like it'll be another time. Have to give the PS3 up.

Top Bottom