• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

If anyone wants to casually spar with an average player on the PS3 (I currently plateau at about 7th dan in ranked, 50% win ratio) you can add me or invite me, UltraGODHAND. Im usually active during 6pm-11pm Eastern.

I'd love to play with some more GAF players.

Is the GODHAND guy your friend? He uses those all of the time.

Nope.

If the lows are really bothering you that much, either commit to ducking or space yourself at a distance that they'll whiff. Hei has some scary mids, but Kaz doesn't.

edit: whoops

edit edit: Nina's f+3 seems really good, like, ridiculously good. Really, really safe on block

That move is actually horrible if you know its properties. You can duck and punish the second hit with a WS launcher if you block the first hit. Attempting to abuse that move is one way how I can tell if I'm playing a scrubby Nina player.

AAK

I just increased my max damage TA between Julia and Hwoarang off of JFSR just by dashing forward a little bit before inputting Julia's TA filler. That simple dash at the beginning allows Hwoarang to dash forward as well and make f+3+4, f+3 into Hunting hawks not whiff anymore. Raised the damage from 107 to 113. Cool :)... but unfortunately it does leave more room for error :(

And I can't believe I'm so late to apply this but Julia's iWS+2,2,1+2 as a B! ender does more damage than her burning hammer. For some reason I though the burning hammer did more. Again a harder combo to do, but gotta strive to get as much damage as you can!

And yeah, in an offline setting, Nina's f+3 is death for her if they anticipate it.

DEATH™

I just increased my max damage TA between Julia and Hwoarang off of JFSR just by dashing forward a little bit before inputting Julia's TA filler. That simple dash at the beginning allows Hwoarang to dash forward as well and make f+3+4, f+3 into Hunting hawks not whiff anymore. Raised the damage from 107 to 113. Cool :)... but unfortunately it does leave more room for error :(

And I can't believe I'm so late to apply this but Julia's iWS+2,2,1+2 as a B! ender does more damage than her burning hammer. For some reason I though the burning hammer did more. Again a harder combo to do, but gotta strive to get as much damage as you can!

And yeah, in an offline setting, Nina's f+3 is death for her if they anticipate it.

How bout her oki options after that? AFAIK Julia iSW gives you close enough for pressure but far enough to not worry about getup kicks.

And Degen, just wait mwahahahaha

AAK

DEATH™;83765891 said:
How bout her oki options after that? AFAIK Julia iSW gives you close enough for pressure but far enough to not worry about getup kicks.

And Degen, just wait mwahahahaha

There is 0 oki off of burning hammer. Unless you are 100% sure your opponent will tag crash after. Even at the wall I can't think of much to do after Burning Hammer. They're way too far away.

edit edit: Nina's f+3 seems really good, like, ridiculously good. Really, really safe on block

Yeah, that move is actually good, if the player doesn't know it's properties or can anticipate that is coming. It can definitely catch players off guard, but please be careful against good players though. It can get you into serious trouble if you abuse a lot. I learned the hard way unfortunately.

Nina' F+3 is easily duck-able. The string does not jail. Block the first hit, duck the rest
launch punish the rest.

I missed you guys. Muhnner got me into me Miggy again.
Still hating on AAK's Hwoarang and Julia.
Still Losing to Sayahs Williams.
Still waiting for Manny to come back to Tekken.

You guys are the shiz!!!!!!

GrayFoxPL

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle/b/464934983?t=13m35s

They play a few more matches after as well. There's also a really good Lei/Christie during this session.

Thanks!

Ha Aris switched to Hei, but he switched the wrong character for him lol.

Nice fight. This is why Tag2 is superior to Revo. You either escape pressure with your anticipation and skills or you crumble. In Revo I'm afraid to attack because every idiot gets to punish your pressure.

That's just how you play Kazuya

lol

But seriously, I don't know any abusable/super effective lows for Kaz other than hellsweep and db+4. I know that Kaz is all about whiff punishers and whatnot, but if anyone knows any better options for lows I'm all ears.

I'm the GODHAND guy btw.

Hahah!

ibeHtHOOnXDoyX.gif

Not to sound like a dick.

The majority of capo and Lei players rely on the character, and not their skill. Capo's get away with a ton of stuff when they go into RLX. Lei plays dead, same thing.

But i sound like a dick anyway, so i digress.... but i will reiterate, if you cant play your characters right side up, on 2 feet, for a whole match and cant win... then your character is the thing that keeps u afloat. Your character is the only reason that you are winning. PERIOD!

Dereck

The majority of capo and Lei players rely on the character, and not their skill.
Well yeah, that's right. No dick sounding involved really.

Now if you are WayGamble, slipkicks, or MYK, then no.

Realistically though, if you have character knowledge of certain characters, it's so much easier to play against those characters.

I have no character knowledge of Capos, "Try to low parry attacks and hope they work", is not character knowledge of Capos, so I tell myself.

Sayah

I used to abuse f+3 during the T6 days.........a lot of people fell for it. :lol
Though, u/f+4,3,4 is the most common abused Williams move.
But yeah, f+3 can be ducked. I believe it can also work as a punisher, though...or maybe I'm mistaken.

Nina' F+3 is easily duck-able. The string does not jail. Block the first hit, duck the rest
launch punish the rest.

I missed you guys. Muhnner got me into me Miggy again.
Still hating on AAK's Hwoarang and Julia.
Still Losing to Sayahs Williams.
Still waiting for Manny to come back to Tekken.

You guys are the shiz!!!!!!

Welcome back. Don't get banned again. :p

The majority of capo and Lei players rely on the character, and not their skill. Capo's get away with a ton of stuff when they go into RLX. Lei plays dead, same thing.

But i sound like a dick anyway, so i digress.... but i will reiterate, if you cant play your characters right side up, on 2 feet, for a whole match and cant win... then your character is the thing that keeps u afloat. Your character is the only reason that you are winning. PERIOD!

I can agree they can be annoying to fight. A lot of Lei players spend half the match running away. FW isn't one of them, though.

joeblow

Eh, I disagree completely. How boring would the game be if everyone played the same stand up, toe to toe style?

And even when characters at times use special stances and movement to gain an edge, to make a blanket statement that it takes no skill to win like that is simply untrue. When Feng does a sway back to get a launch, or Anna goes into CAT stance to reverse an attack, or Baek 3x sidesteps to go around you, etc., that player is rewarded simply for reading you correctly in the same way spacing for a CH or whiff punish rewards him.

In fact, if stance and special movement is dominating your game, it is you that needs to step it up and learn to defend/attack them in a smarter way, rather than criticize the opponent who is having success. All of us went through that vs. 10-strings at one point, and this is no different.

Obviously the ground options from the Capos and Lei are defendable or they'd dominate every tourney just laying around, which isn't the case. Now I am not saying it is always easy to deal with these kind of unique mixups, but it is possible to have a solid defensive/offensive plan in place to minimize their effectiveness, especially when you can anticipate when a ground stance spammer is likely to try these tactics.

All of the RLX mixups can be avoided by simply jumping over the Capo as soon as they enter the stance. You don't get much damage off of the escape, usually a BT d+3 at most but it gets you out of that mixup. Lei play dead is all about spacing and knowing the longest range move your character has that hits a grounded opponent.

DEATH™

All of the RLX mixups can be avoided by simply jumping over the Capo as soon as they enter the stance. You don't get much damage off of the escape, usually a BT d+3 at most but it gets you out of that mixup. Lei play dead is all about spacing and knowing the longest range move your character has that hits a grounded opponent.

Also, all/many of lei's grounded attacks can be sidestepped/sidewalked. Made me realize how it makes it easier to study matchups...

AAK

Not always, Chritie can still float you off RLX 2 in some cases. But rule of thumb is that you can jump over her after any string that goes into RLX.

Dereck

AAK, on that Catehdral stage, you kept doing this high low string, I was gonna low parry that on the third time and you mixed it up, damn you.

I'm watching replays right now.

Well yeah, that's right. No dick sounding involved really.

Now if you are WayGamble, slipkicks, or MYK, then no.
I can agree with that. I played MYK's Lars and Christie at WNF a couple weeks ago. He beat me, but he knew what he was doing with Christie. He wasn't constantly going into RLX. He chose when to do it, at the best time. He didn't rely on RLX.

Eh, I disagree completely. How boring would the game be if everyone played the same stand up, toe to toe style?
Good point. It would be a a boring game. What I really dislike is the clone characters.

I forgot about that. I need to use that in my game.

I'm not going to play this against online randoms anymore. Playing friendly matches is much more productive and less infuriating.

Give me 2 Marduks and I can negate RLX all day. DB+2 kills RLX. That is my biggest gripe with Tag 2. Clone characters. They dont belong. It makes people lazy.

That Lei comment though, i was just venting. I think Lei is one of the most unique characters in a fighter... ever. He's a bitch, but i like that character. Clone teams are just fucken wack.

Dereck

I can agree with that. I played MYK's Lars and Christie at WNF a couple weeks ago. He beat me, but he knew what he was doing with Christie. He wasn't constantly going into RLX. He chose when to do it, at the best time. He didn't rely on RLX.
Was this WNF match recorded?

DEATH™

If a Bryan player is using Snake Edge more than Orbital Heel, or is trying to "mix up" Orbital Heel and Snake Edge, he/she is doing it wrong.

So you're saying bryan should only go for orbital heels everytime? Sound legit Kappa.

Just like King got a HopeKnee and Armor King got a HopeKick, I declare Orbitals to be called HopeHeel for now on...

Sayah

Tekken has the best music in the industry (opinion). Listening to it right now at 4 a.m. after studying, lol. Being a fan of the games and the gameplay is a separate thing. But the music is really consistently good and diverse with each title. i've already praised it enough but I have to keep praising it. :p

Dereck

Tekken has the best music in the industry (opinion). Listening to it right now at 4 a.m. after studying, lol. Being a fan of the games and the gameplay is a separate thing. But the music is really consistently good and diverse with each title. i've already praised it enough but I have to keep praising it. :p
Why were you playing TTT2 for a day straight?

Manbig

DEATH™;84081919 said:
So you're saying bryan should only go for orbital heels everytime? Sound legit Kappa.

Just like King got a HopeKnee and Armor King got a HopeKick, I declare Orbitals to be called HopeHeel for now on...

I'm saying that Snake Edge isn't part of a mix up for anything because a blind bat can see it coming.

EDIT: And yes, MORE ORBITAL HEEL! :p

GrayFoxPL

Whole day Tag 2 online was closed.(Service unavailable).

Went to Revolution - same. :(

Maintance? Anyway if they closed both means Revo and Tag share the same infrastructure.

AAK

Special congrats to Sayah for getting into Red ranks. bow down to your new genbu overlord!

And GGs today boutdown :)

Sayah

Special congrats to Sayah for getting into Red ranks. bow down to your new genbu overlord!

And GGs today boutdown :)

Thanks. I'll probably get demoted soon enough anyway. :p
The online is not really as vibrant anymore except during specific times of the day, though. Unfortunate but I hope the servers for this game never shut down.

Dereck

The African Law himself has gotten poppa Law to Marauder, I am not playing ranked online with Law/Miguel, ever again, I am done, 9 dan is where I stop.

Bryan/Bob however...

I think launch punished a LOT of Berserker Jinpachis and Ninas, I beat this 900W 900L Marauder Kazuya like it was nothing, I blocked almost all of his hellsweeps like it was my job. I think I played like 40 ranked matches straight, got that Law promo off of duck punishing. Get on my level

Yo, this Warrior Bob was doing ALL of the wrong shit and he was getting trashed for it. His Bob was shit, whenever I was launch punishing the fuck out of his Warrior Bob he tagged in his Zafina and she did all of the work, he got lucky.

The African Law himself has gotten poppa Law to Marauder, I am not playing ranked online with Law/Miguel, ever again, I am done, 9 dan is where I stop.

Bryan/Bob however...

I think launch punished a LOT of Berserker Jinpachis and Ninas, I beat this 900W 900L Marauder Kazuya like it was nothing, I blocked almost all of his hellsweeps like it was my job. I think I played like 40 ranked matches straight, got that Law promo off of duck punishing. Get on my level

Yo, this Warrior Bob was doing ALL of the wrong shit and he was getting trashed for it. His Bob was shit, whenever I was launch punishing the fuck out of his Warrior Bob he tagged in his Zafina and she did all of the work, he got lucky.
Side-walk often against Zafina until she starts abusing tracking moves, then you ss-block.

Doomshine

If I remember correctly you should ss left against Zafina when she's in stance. One of her sides is really weak in stance at least.

Top Bottom