• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

FYI, the game is currently $10 at target and amazon. Just picked up a copy myself. Haven't played tekken since tekken 3 so I'm very much looking forward to some nutty single player endings.

braves01

Banned
Any of you guys have Tekken for 3DS? Thoughts? I know it's pretty bare bones but I just to want to be able to play some matches on the go and with some nice 3D effect.

Sayah

Any of you guys have Tekken for 3DS? Thoughts? I know it's pretty bare bones but I just to want to be able to play some matches on the go and with some nice 3D effect.

I believe it's just Tekken 6 on the 3DS with some features missing.
Here's the OT I created a while ago.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462726

And also reminds me of this legendary gif.

ib0NliYQxpcnoB.gif

FYI, the game is currently $10 at target and amazon. Just picked up a copy myself. Haven't played tekken since tekken 3 so I'm very much looking forward to some nutty single player endings.

The sale must have ended. I would have bought more copies. :/

AAK

Dammit... I've been grinding on Tekken Revolution playing such scrubby people that I forgot what it was like to take on strong opponents again. CECC is happening in less than 2 weeks and I am so not ready... Fighting GM and Rami will be there. Need to practice but still have to prepare for Midterms and there are Eid AlFitr preparations as well... dammit, I'm screwed.

GG's today Boutdown. And yes, the low parry was boss :D

DEATH™

Got back again online... I was pretty rusty... got demoted back to gm. Discovered too that DJ hellsweep at the wall when you are grounded will bound. Like the first hit will hit grounded and float you a bit and the 2nd hit will bound. I dunno if after the first hit you can tech it, but I can't on that fight. Please test this guys.

AAK

Devil Jin has had that since Tekken 6. You never stay grounded at the wall against Devil Jin haha.

Fun fact, Kazuya can do the same thing in open ground and launch a character staying grounded... but it only works on one character and it's marduk. You have to stand in between his side and head while Marduk is in FDFA position. And then do Kaz's (b+3,1),4,1 Those last two quick hits will relaunch Marduk into the air and you can connect with a d/f+1,2 into a full juggle all done while Marduk was grounded pressing 0 buttons.

Dereck

Dammit... I've been grinding on Tekken Revolution playing such scrubby people that I forgot what it was like to take on strong opponents again. CECC is happening in less than 2 weeks and I am so not ready... Fighting GM and Rami will be there. Need to practice but still have to prepare for Midterms and there are Eid AlFitr preparations as well... dammit, I'm screwed.

GG's today Boutdown. And yes, the low parry was boss :D
I'm sure you enjoyed the clash of the 9 dans with me and your friend.

AAK

Where have you guys been?

I was trying to grind in Tekken Revolution in the past week to take advantage of the x3 multipliers.... ended up playing like 200 games and I think amassing almost 50k gift points. Ended up getting Dragunov who was already in my other alt account. :( Such a waste of time.

This god awful song on Tekken Ball in the school stage, is there a way to get rid of it?

Yes, I caved and got TTT2 for WiiU only for tekken ball

Ehhh. I think online is dead. And it's Tekken 6 but with no ending movies and the shitty Tekken movie. I traded it in after a few weeks. My main characters aren't even in Tekken 6 so meh. If you use a controller to play Tekken, it's good practice I guess.

As for where I've been...I played Tekken Revolution for a while but I found myself getting bored of it. It is the most comfortable I've been playing ranked Tekken ever. I did play some Tekken Tag Tournament 2 online as well, but not too often. I'm kind of doubting I'll join the Canadian major (although I'll go to watch) especially since I know I'm going to be absorbed by Pokemon Y.

braves01

Banned
Does the WiiU version not have Tekken tunes?

Can't change what plays in Tekken Ball afaik, and Tekken Tunes in general is kinda lame since there's no way to add new music, you can only switch which tracks play on each stage.

Ehhh. I think online is dead. And it's Tekken 6 but with no ending movies and the shitty Tekken movie. I traded it in after a few weeks. My main characters aren't even in Tekken 6 so meh. If you use a controller to play Tekken, it's good practice I guess.

Reading through the OT, it doesn't sound like online was any good to begin with. Either way, I just wanted it for basic cpu matches and practice mode as long the core fighting wasn't broken, which doesn't seem to be the case from what I've seen.

Edit: And I ended up getting it today. I'm happy with it because I knew what to expect, but what a waste of a great core game. The fighting is just rock solid and fits amazingly well on 3DS (at least compared to SFIV), the game looks great in 3D, and the music sounds good through my headphones. But there's really just so little to speak of in terms of game modes and other stuff do, especially since online's done. It's a shame there will never be a full-fledged Tekken using this engine on 3DS because it plays so well.

AAK

As for where I've been...I played Tekken Revolution for a while but I found myself getting bored of it. It is the most comfortable I've been playing ranked Tekken ever. I did play some Tekken Tag Tournament 2 online as well, but not too often. I'm kind of doubting I'll join the Canadian major (although I'll go to watch) especially since I know I'm going to be absorbed by Pokemon Y.

:( But it's all good. Thanks for coming by anyway.

By the way, do you know any hostels that are close by? The hotel is $120 for the night... that will bleed me. Russell pointed me to a hostel that was relatively close that was $40/night but it was all female only :(

MikeMyers

Hadnt played TTT2 for a while until boutdown went Majin Vegeta on my ass, now I'm back into it. Would love to (get my ass kicked) play with you guys!

Dereck

Famicom, I don't know how you do Savage Stance, but I tried this in practice mode and I've been getting it right ever since. Remember when I was saying that I don't get how you do Savage Stance so well? Here's what I found out

If you HOLD down f, you go into Savage Stance 100% of the time guaranteed. When I TAP f, it almost never works.

Famicom, I don't know how you do Savage Stance, but I tried this in practice mode and I've been getting it right ever since. Remember when I was saying that I don't get how you do Savage Stance so well? Here's what I found out

If you HOLD down f, you go into Savage Stance 100% of the time guaranteed. When I TAP f, it almost never works.

Yep, that's how I've done it from the beginning. Speaking of SAV, I played a Miguel in ranked that would intentionally whiff b+1+2 and go into SAV then do d/f+2. Shit caught me like three times since...who the hell transitions into SAV from b+1+2???? I beat him the next two times we played.

:( But it's all good. Thanks for coming by anyway.

By the way, do you know any hostels that are close by? The hotel is $120 for the night... that will bleed me. Russell pointed me to a hostel that was relatively close that was $40/night but it was all female only :(

Ah, a hostel? Hmm. I'm not sure, I'll have to look into it. I'm heading downtown tomorrow so I'll do some research for you!

AAK

Wait, is the hotel downtown? Looking at the address it looks further up right? It's the holiday inn yorkdale 3450 Dufferin St. But thanks in advance :)

Dereck

Yep, that's how I've done it from the beginning. Speaking of SAV, I played a Miguel in ranked that would intentionally whiff b+1+2 and go into SAV then do d/f+2. Shit caught me like three times since...who the hell transitions into SAV from b+1+2???? I beat him the next two times we played.
I wish you could have recorded it.

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;85582930 said:
Guys I need sleep... I wish it was summer already where I am just playing Tekken all day lol.

Maybe it's better to chase after girls at that time and leave Tekken for colder days, like now.

Doomshine

Where have you guys been?

I've been writing a brief history of substance abuse treatment in this country... turns out it's not so easy to condense into a 15 minute presentation. Probably took almost 30 minutes in the end and I had to do it three times too.

...but I'm finally done so I celebrated by beating the shit out of people with Miguel in TR.

DEATH™

Maybe it's better to chase after girls at that time and leave Tekken for colder days, like now.

Meh... I got this weird policy of me having a decent job that can actually feed myself and others I care about first before chasing after women. Some family situations made me realize that there is more to relationships than just feelings and lust. So yeah, gotta resist temptations lol.

On other stuff... Self Studying about art stuff right now and for some reason, this video struck me about my skill level in Tekken...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb0g_gWrNf8

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;85598863 said:
Meh... I got this weird policy of me having a decent job that can actually feed myself and others I care about first before chasing after women. Some family situations made me realize that there is more to relationships than just feelings and lust. So yeah, gotta resist temptations lol.

On other stuff... Self Studying about art stuff right now and for some reason, this video struck me about my skill level in Tekken...

Ah if life was as simple as Tekken.

I just said that because I "waste" my life on Tekken and games in general because it's all I know there's isn't there much more I can do. But I feel people healthy shouldn't take example from this.

But yeah, you're going smart with the preparations-road, just don't wait too long. I love Tekken, but exchanging two words with a nice girl and see her smile would mean more to me then pulling off 5 electric wind godfist juggle in an online match.

AAK

But yeah, you're going smart with the preparations-road, just don't wait too long. I love Tekken, but exchanging two words with a nice girl and see her smile would mean more to me then pulling off 5 electric wind godfist juggle in a online match.

The female issue is prevalent with me too. And unfortunately I think I have to blame my obsession with Tekken for that too. Recently there was this one lady I tried approaching. She was really pretty and super smart and after a few days of conversations it turned into a disaster. I tried sounding enthusiastic about things we talked about but she could see straight through me as someone faking excitement. She could tell the only thing I could passionately talk about was Tekken... her final words to me were:

"So in my opinion, maybe it’s in the best interest of both of us to end this conversation right here."

='(

Need to be more social and more active. Need to find more socially acceptable hobbies!

After the tournament :p

DEATH™

The female issue is prevalent with me too. And unfortunately I think I have to blame my obsession with Tekken for that too. Recently there was this one lady I tried approaching. She was really pretty and super smart and after a few days of conversations it turned into a disaster. I tried sounding enthusiastic about things we talked about but she could see straight through me as someone faking excitement. She could tell the only thing I could passionately talk about was Tekken... her final words to me were:

"So in my opinion, maybe it’s in the best interest of both of us to end this conversation right here."

='(

Need to be more social and more active. Need to find more socially acceptable hobbies!

Since we are talking about girls... learn guitar and play this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUqK8aIQxzk

It always works lol...

I was trying to grind in Tekken Revolution in the past week to take advantage of the x3 multipliers.... ended up playing like 200 games and I think amassing almost 50k gift points. Ended up getting Dragunov who was already in my other alt account. :( Such a waste of time.
Only reason I play TR is for Trolling. I just choose Jack and spam the same moves over and over and over again. Tons of hate mail. I love it!

Working. :/
Don't you just love the man?

Thats how I do my Miguel Combos. Jinpachi df+1+2, d+1~5, (Mig) df+1~F~df+1, df+4,1~F~1,2,1 (Jinpachi) ISW. I slide from df to F without going into neutral. Works very well. Miguel is good with wall carries. His SAV 1,2,1 gives a high wall splat.

BTW boutdown, Jinpachis df+2 is -12. So you can punish with Jabs at the least.

AAK

Common I am sure you must speak stellar English based on your grammar alone. Surely someone is attracted to a bilingual master ;)

DEATH™

Look guys... on the bright side we can play Tekken or SF with our GFs without worries...

I can't say the same with DoA though... I hope somebody disagrees with me lol

Formless

Got this on Wii U. Last Tekken game I played a lot was Tekken 5 so this'll be interesting. So many moves to know compared to 2D fighters...

Wait, is the hotel downtown? Looking at the address it looks further up right? It's the holiday inn yorkdale 3450 Dufferin St. But thanks in advance :)

Ah, so it's not exactly downtown. I just kinda refer to Toronto as downtown these days since I live in a different city, haha. But I'll see what I can find!

As for the girlfriend/social life discussion, I think the most important thing you can ever do in life is whatever makes you happy. Thinking too much about finding love is guaranteed to make you unhappy.

I'm a black guy with a big interest in Japanese culture. Call me a weeaboo if you want (I don't think everything about Japan is great and I can't even see myself living in Japan without a LOT of thought) but I do find their entertainment media extremely interesting. I accepted back in high school that I probably wasn't going to end up with a girlfriend, but I spent my days happily doing what I loved while my friends in relationships were sometimes happy and sometimes stressed. I learned a lot from them.

Then last year, I ended up getting my first girlfriend at the age of 25. It wasn't a great relationship, but it happened. A month and a half after I broke it off, I ended up with my current girlfriend. She's not into anime, manga and games (although she's willing to try them) but she's a kind person and we believe in similar values. I couldn't be happier.

If you feel the need to change yourself, do it because it's for yourself. Meet people doing activities that you like, and you'll end up meeting even more people. It's not the end of the world if you're not romantically involved. Look at the bright side. You can look at all the girls you want, you generally have a lot more freedom, you can save money much more easily, etc.

Bringing this back to fighting games,my girlfriend found DOA to be extremely amusing. Definitely a game for perverts, but amusing. I've also found that girls who play Tekken seem to gravitate towards Alisa, and I have no idea why.

Well, this thread has taken a turn for the depressing since I left. :p

I'm kind of glad there isn't a tournament scene in Australia. I would never be able to pull myself away from the game. As it stands, I'm fine with being just "okay" at Tekken. I feel like I've gotten everything I can out of TTT2 and it's time to move on to other games/stuff.

See you guys in the TxSF OT. :)

AAK

Yo Good stuff Manny during the podcast today! After grinding as much as I have in TR I agree.

Also, GGs Death.

You gotta punish more man. Rule of thumb, when you block a low just go for a ws+4 if you're not sure. You let met get away with waaay too much haha. Also, you always did the ali kick after the running powerbomb ender, you should use the back jaguar step to catch incomming tag crashes more. But GG's regardless! Roger is soooo cheap :p

And thanks for looking Anki! But it's ok man, worst comes to worst, I'll try to hustle some of the MTL guys.

DEATH™

Yo Good stuff Manny during the podcast today! After grinding as much as I have in TR I agree.

Also, GGs Death.

You gotta punish more man. Rule of thumb, when you block a low just go for a ws+4 if you're not sure. You let met get away with waaay too much haha. Also, you always did the ali kick after the running powerbomb ender, you should use the back jaguar step to catch incomming tag crashes more. But GG's regardless! Roger is soooo cheap :p

And thanks for looking Anki! But it's ok man, worst comes to worst, I'll try to hustle some of the MTL guys.

I am actually wanting to do that after the set. I knew DJ cd3 low is punishable but forgot to punish it... even the getup 4 at least I need to get a b1,2. Also, I am only gonna do the bjgs if Im sure the opponent's gonna tag crash which when playing you, rarely happens...

Though the thing I'm still working on is the throwbreaking. I may be repeating myself but I should break some of them. I knew I broke a AK's tombstone at the last fight, and the last GS iirc. On the time I stand still against zaf I am daring you to throw after the many times you threw me but meh... It's frustrating since every single time I start to play, I practice this along with my movement.

I am a little bit hopkicky too, but I guess I need that due to how I get too predictably turtly I get, though I still need to pick my spots especially after tagging out. Though Im learning my options now back at the wall...

Overall, I still stink... GGs though... and don't switch chars! Lemme download you! DansGame

Death, can you post your avatar? I just realized it was a Smack Down Vs Raw avatar with Tekken characters. Looks dope as fuck!

Good shit AAk. You killed me on the last set. That Leo JC shit is nice!

I've been writing a brief history of substance abuse treatment in this country... turns out it's not so easy to condense into a 15 minute presentation. Probably took almost 30 minutes in the end and I had to do it three times too.

...but I'm finally done so I celebrated by beating the shit out of people with Miguel in TR.
I didn't see this earlier, but that sounds like a time consumer. So, how did your presentation go? And why did you have to do it 3 times?

Sorry for the double post.

DEATH™

Death, can you post your avatar? I just realized it was a Smack Down Vs Raw avatar with Tekken characters. Looks dope as fuck!

Good shit AAk. You killed me on the last set. That Leo JC shit is nice!

Post it like the high res version of it? I don't have a high res for it. I just put it together in NeoGAF avatar size.

neogaf_zpsdbae659d.jpg

If you want a high res version of it, just use this, and the T6/BR renders for King, AK and Marduk, and just look for some stock grunge background somewhere. You can use GIMP if you like.

DEATH™;85598863 said:

Death, sort of off topic I suppose, but are you an artist or learning about art?

='(

Now that I think about it, I guess I can be pretty anti-sociable to be honest. Also, I am not into facebook, twitter, etc and all that social media stuff to be truthfully honest. One problem with current females is it seems like most of the decent ones I meet only care about money or have really deep issues unfortunately. I wouldn't worry about meeting females AAK. You have plenty of time for females and at least you are still really young.......

DEATH™;85607503 said:
Look guys... on the bright side we can play Tekken or SF with our GFs without worries...

I can't say the same with DoA though... I hope somebody disagrees with me lol

Funny thing is, from what I heard and observed, it seems like a lot of females are into DOA. Possibly more than other fighters. I even have a few girls on my friends list who play regularly.

Top Bottom