• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Doomshine

I remember those backurn setups in T6. I think Julia had a slightly easier way to set it up than most, but remember seeing others do it too. I specifically remember a Miguel player doing it in Tekken Crash.

EDIT: that's a lot of remembering..

GrayFoxPL

I had so much lag today. Every match turning into lagfest. And I turn off every net enabled device while I'm playing tekken. The lag spikes were unbelievable. ><

Sayah

Leaving for Toronto tomorrow... You guys might catch me at the CECC stream. Apparently Trevor aka TheInsaneBoss is going to be there. Things are gonna be tough but I'll do my best.
Good luck.

DEATH™;85792573 said:
Just like AAK said, go for gimp. Besides Adobe is getting greedy with their subscription model since they got no competition right now.

I wanted to get a better understanding of photoshop partly because it has more features and also because it's a good skill that certain employers will value.

AAK

made top 4 at cecc. but fighting gm never came. he was in my bracket. got lucky. you'll see me on stream tomorrow.

AAK

Sooo,

Winners: Russell vs Potatobrain

Losers: Me vs Teevo

Russell uses Paul + Bears. He's the tournament director but he's a real veteran of the game. He knew my characters inside out when he put me into losers. He would duck every high and succeed in mixing me up whenever he got the chance. Lost 3-0 against him and I think I just need to play more solid right now.

Potatobrain is the Yoshi master of Canada. He plays Yoshi/Armor King. He is a setup monster. After every move in his character's movelist he memorized all the options he can do from there. And with Yoshi he has so many unblockable sweep and windmill setups. A huge matchup issue right now.

Teevo is a Leo/Marduk player. From what I noticed in casuals he was playing, He is someone with unprecedented knowledge of the game. Knows all the frame data, and understands the system really really well. He just has a confidence issue when the game isn't going his way. I did beat him last time (many thanks to Manny's marduk training he gave me) but it looks like he's levelled up quite a bit.

Anyways, I'm gonna have to go to sleep now and try to go in tomorrow with a fresh mind and have the best status to play solid hopefully. Damn travelling is taxing on the body. Feel so tired :(

But I love this game too much. My parents would be so sad that I have this passion over something more applicable for a career.

The lag was really bad for me too yesterday. I wish we could see more info on who we play online.

TTT2 lag is a little bit of a mystery for me. I would accept 5 and 4 bar matches only to run into a lagfest for most of the match complete with terrible lag spikes throughout. For some reason, when I accept a 1 bar match, it sometimes run quite good though. Really strange.

Manbig

Sooo,

Winners: Russell vs Potatobrain

Losers: Me vs Teevo

Russell uses Paul + Bears. He's the tournament director but he's a real veteran of the game. He knew my characters inside out when he put me into losers. He would duck every high and succeed in mixing me up whenever he got the chance. Lost 3-0 against him and I think I just need to play more solid right now.

Potatobrain is the Yoshi master of Canada. He plays Yoshi/Armor King. He is a setup monster. After every move in his character's movelist he memorized all the options he can do from there. And with Yoshi he has so many unblockable sweep and windmill setups. A huge matchup issue right now.

Teevo is a Leo/Marduk player. From what I noticed in casuals he was playing, He is someone with unprecedented knowledge of the game. Knows all the frame data, and understands the system really really well. He just has a confidence issue when the game isn't going his way. I did beat him last time (many thanks to Manny's marduk training he gave me) but it looks like he's levelled up quite a bit.

Anyways, I'm gonna have to go to sleep now and try to go in tomorrow with a fresh mind and have the best status to play solid hopefully. Damn travelling is taxing on the body. Feel so tired :(

But I love this game too much. My parents would be so sad that I have this passion over something more applicable for a career.

Why don't you take a shot at filling that gap that Filthie Rich left?

DEATH™

I want to congratulate AAK for placing in CECC but at the same time I realize placing in tourneys is just usual business for AAK... Good stuff...

Boutdown.... Don't worry about the future, just enjoy now.

Sayah, just curious, what kind of career are you pursuing? And also, about learning PS...

1. The current move of Adobe is gonna be their downfall. As much as PS is a powerful tool right now, it can be outseated. This is kinda like QuarkXpress situation before, where Quark is the standard then got outseated by a cheaper and developing tool in Indesign (kinda ironic when I see Adobe now making history repeat itself). Keep your eyes open to other software around. In the end they are just tools, and tools are just as effective as the user makes it to be.

2. Also, learning PS is pretty straight forward TBQH. its like learning how to use excel, no kidding. Every single guy around who loves art can use PS. If you want to stand out, The thing you need to study about if you are going in the professional field is your art background. Go study things like color theory, figure drawing, painting etc. and start on filling up dat portfolio of your art. It won't matter if you use more Illustrator/Fireworks/Painter, if your art is good, they will take you...

Take my advice with a grain of salt though... I ain't a art major...

SUPARSTARX

Picking up some Tekken again. It frustrates me that I can't consistently do Nina's ws1 loops. I drop it like half the time around 3-6 reps on certain setups. Q_Q

Sayah

Congrats to AAK. :D

Picking up some Tekken again. It frustrates me that I can't consistently do Nina's ws1 loops. I drop it like half the time around 3-6 reps on certain setups. Q_Q

I drop it all the time and still can't do it consistently despite hours and hours of practice.

DEATH™;86842276 said:
I want to congratulate AAK for placing in CECC but at the same time I realize placing in tourneys is just usual business for AAK... Good stuff...

Boutdown.... Don't worry about the future, just enjoy now.

Sayah, just curious, what kind of career are you pursuing? And also, about learning PS...

1. The current move of Adobe is gonna be their downfall. As much as PS is a powerful tool right now, it can be outseated. This is kinda like QuarkXpress situation before, where Quark is the standard then got outseated by a cheaper and developing tool in Indesign (kinda ironic when I see Adobe now making history repeat itself). Keep your eyes open to other software around. In the end they are just tools, and tools are just as effective as the user makes it to be.

2. Also, learning PS is pretty straight forward TBQH. its like learning how to use excel, no kidding. Every single guy around who loves art can use PS. If you want to stand out, The thing you need to study about if you are going in the professional field is your art background. Go study things like color theory, figure drawing, painting etc. and start on filling up dat portfolio of your art. It won't matter if you use more Illustrator/Fireworks/Painter, if your art is good, they will take you...

Take my advice with a grain of salt though... I ain't a art major...

Right now I'm pursuing a concentration in Energy for my masters.

I'm not an art student but I have a great amount of interest in it. Plus, I'm also trying to hone web development/javascript and maya skills and an added photoshop skill bonus will always be a good thing. Aside from personal interest in the subject matter, today's job market also really requires selling yourself. And I view having interdisciplinary skills as a positive. Plus, if I ever want to pursue personal projects later on to work on over the weekends or something (aside from my actual main concentration of work), photoshop on a resume may seem more useful to a contractor/employer than gimp.

Your points are definitely well taken, though.

Playing this today for the first time in a long time.

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

It's coming back to me slowly.

Player match is dead, though. There's only one guy in there and he keeps cancelling the match cause I beat him once. Ugh, time to go in ranked and get demoted. :(

GrayFoxPL

Playing this today for the first time in a long time.

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

It's coming back to me slowly.

Player match is dead, though. There's only one guy in there and he keeps cancelling the match cause I beat him once. Ugh, time to go in ranked and get demoted. :(

Quick player match can't be dead.

Btw I never played lobbys in T6 and Tag2.

GrayFoxPL

iJ1Fkd1f6P8iR.jpg

"Grin"? Either TxSF came out of development hell so the subject doesn't annoy Harada anymore or he thinks "grin" means "I'm mad!".

GrayFoxPL

Man, I'd love to. I guess it can't hurt to try and apply.

EDIT: For those who didn't catch the top 4:

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/471925068/?t=1h5m

... and I totally agree on TeeVo's commentary. I got insanely lucky that tournament.

Geezus, what a scumbag commentary against AAK. Smh.

Especially from that Tee-vo. What a fucking sore loser. He got destroyed 3-0 like a 5 year old redhead and: "He's solid" - "I disagree", "Didn't he beat you?" "Uhh"

I hate people like him, spineless losers that have no honor to admit they lost to someone better.

The shitty excuses. Christ. I though they've gone and mentally regressed.

You beat Russel - no respect. Finals - no respect.

Seems like neither Sayah no AAK will get that on stream.

Congrats AAK, you showed you're better then 95% of those fucking tekken pseudo philosophers that think they know everything when give them a mic then lose like casual tards.

Manbig

Yeah, Tee-vo was really being a baby about it. To make it even worse, his excuses during the finals of "Oh he's relying on strings that end in high" was shot down by the other commentator. He shouldn't have even been allowed to continue talking nonsense after that.

You should study his characters more and push his shit in even worse next time AAK. You keep doing better and better the more you compete, so the nerves will go away. Show this cat how much of a jobber he really is.

It was in my area, at least when I tried. Even set it to no restrictions. I don't play lobbys either.

Ranked was busier. I made a dummy account and trolled with JayCee. Was fun. :D

Yeah, quick player matches are essentially dead for me also and it's been that way for a while. Out of approximately 6 matches, I fought the same guy 5 times in a row and 1 other guy.

AAK

Geezus, what a scumbag commentary against AAK. Smh.

Especially from that Tee-vo. What a fucking sore loser. He got destroyed 3-0 like a 5 year old redhead and: "He's solid" - "I disagree", "Didn't he beat you?" "Uhh"

I hate people like him, spineless losers that have no honor to admit they lost to someone better.

The shitty excuses. Christ. I though they've gone and mentally regressed.

You beat Russel - no respect. Finals - no respect.

Seems like neither Sayah no AAK will get that on stream.

Congrats AAK, you showed you're better then 95% of those fucking tekken pseudo philosophers that think they know everything when give them a mic then lose like casual tards.

Yeah, Tee-vo was really being a baby about it. To make it even worse, his excuses during the finals of "Oh he's relying on strings that end in high" was shot down by the other commentator. He shouldn't have even been allowed to continue talking nonsense after that.

You should study his characters more and push his shit in even worse next time AAK. You keep doing better and better the more you compete, so the nerves will go away. Show this cat how much of a jobber he really is.

Haha thanks guys for the support. I actually really respect Raymond, his passion for 3D fighting games and how much he tries to actively learn the games he plays. He was definitely angry but after watching the vids there were quite a few rounds where I won thanks to a dropped combo from my opponent... especially against Russell who I think dropped like 3 or 4 round ending combo's that could have really altered the results of the tournament. I will give myself enough credit for taking advantage of them while they weren't warmed up but it was a clear case of them losing to themselves more so than it was losing to me. Regardless, I know they'll be ready for me the next time we fight, I just have to be prepared for their reply in the next big tournament :)

Some days it's like I completely forget how to play this game. I think I just naturally lose my focus at night due to whatever, but it's the only free time I have. :(

Never got the whole fad about Gagguni thing. It was all the rage around Evo. I'm still scratching my head.

The story is simple. New player showed up to WNF, fairly girlish apperance in the face, played Tekken pretty well on stream. Steve interviewed him, he has a super high pitched voice, and Steve mistakenly called him a girl but Gagguni didn't correct him. Stream chat goes crazy for weeks about a girl that plays Tekken despite the whole matter of his gender being cleared up the next day. It's a meme at this point. IIRC he's from a European country and is here for school.

A bit late to it but, congrats AAK for getting 2nd! I found the commentary by Tee-vo funny although I can personally relate to him if he feels salty after losing to you. :p

Anyways.... Upcoming tournaments:

Oct 26 - Global Championship '13
Oct 26 - FilthyCup
Nov 2/3 - Tekken Extreme Tournament (Kor's Vid)
Nov 3 - MASTERCUP.6
Dec 7 - NEC
Dec 15 - RB5G Finals
Jan - KiT
Mar - Final Round

Anything I missed? Guess I gotta prepare for translating all 750 player's name in Mastercup. ~.~

AAK

DEATH&#8482;;87251701 said:
Forreals though... what is rolex' weakness? I do not think the small hands affect them much at all...

I suppose you have to be super on point to punish f,f+2 and other than that keep away from him. But alas, I do personally think Rolex is easily top 10 and arguably top 5 in the game IMO.

The story is simple. New player showed up to WNF, fairly girlish apperance in the face, played Tekken pretty well on stream. Steve interviewed him, he has a super high pitched voice, and Steve mistakenly called him a girl but Gagguni didn't correct him. Stream chat goes crazy for weeks about a girl that plays Tekken despite the whole matter of his gender being cleared up the next day. It's a meme at this point. IIRC he's from a European country and is here for school.

Europe? I'm pretty sure he's originally from Saudi Arabia.

A bit late to it but, congrats AAK for getting 2nd! I found the commentary by Tee-vo funny although I can personally relate to him if he feels salty after losing to you. :p

Oct 26 - FilthyCup
Nov 3 - MASTERCUP.6
Dec 7 - NEC
Dec 15 - RB5G Finals
Jan - KiT
Mar - Final Round

Anything I missed? Guess I gotta prepare for translating all 750 player's name in Mastercup. ~.~

Woah.... that's a major 4 majors for the next 2 weeks!

And thank you Wonkey! I did after all use the stick I won from our battle to get 2nd place :p

GrayFoxPL

So there are these strings that catch opponent that is tagging out and keep him in place. Tag out will never come out if repeated.

Beak's df+1,3 is one of those. I did this to one guy with about 650 win 200 loses.
Every time he was at low health I df1,3 him to death because he mashed tag to escape.

Of course hate mail, lol.

McFly! When you get hit 5,6,7 times in a row by the same shit it's time to use brain and think.

Sayah

Oct 26 - FilthyCup
Nov 3 - MASTERCUP.6
Dec 7 - NEC
Dec 15 - RB5G Finals
Jan - KiT
Mar - Final Round

Apex 2014 will feature TTT2 as well. Unfortunately, they've moved the location this time further away from where I live. :/

I'll try to see if I can take off from work to attend Filthy cup this Saturday. Probably not but hopefully yes.

Also, AAK, I only was able to watch some of your matches. The sound wasn't synced right so I turned it off and must have missed the commentary. But yeah, #2 is AWESOME. There will always be haters. :p

braves01

Banned
I got a chance to watch AAK at CECC. Man, those commentators were out for you to lose, totally focusing on Tee-vo like that. Didn't watch much of the later matches though.

AAK

I was the only player from Ottawa there LOL. They were of coarse gonna root for their hometown players haha.

Yo Sayah that would be SICK if you go to Filthiecup!

Here is the info in case you missed it:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127364

So there are these strings that catch opponent that is tagging out and keep him in place. Tag out will never come out if repeated.

Beak's df+1,3 is one of those. I did this to one guy with about 650 win 200 loses.
Every time he was at low health I df1,3 him to death because he mashed tag to escape.

Of course hate mail, lol.

McFly! When you get hit 5,6,7 times in a row by the same shit it's time to use brain and think.

I fistbump you through the internet for playing Baek. Good stuff!

Bloodhawk is at it again. This time it's for you Law players!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9jDuEAOJ1E
Shit like that is why I take the Oki... always.

Bronson was saying in the Facebook chat that him and Jimmy knew about this since T6, but nobody was listening to them when they were trying to share it.

He also mentioned that the moment people know about the set up, it gets weakened heavily because they will know not to tech. So the key to making the most of this is to find the most dangerous option you have to punish people that stay grounded.

And it's because of THAT that I intend to see if Marduk has a set up like this to mix up with his ground throws. :D

This is what happened at EC2 point whatever. Tom Hilfiger and some other cats had found out anti T. Ogre strats, and Devil strats.

df+2 on hit got you a cd+2 with Devil. Guaranteed launch if you didn't hold down, on any character.

Jin, launch, 1+4, !+4, df+1,2, 1+4, df+1,2, B+1+4 hits on T.O if he doesn't fly tech.

this was before tekken was balanced. This is when Tekken was cheap.

SuWon came from Korea. He got knocked out of the winners bracket by JOP, with double Ogres. He came back and won the tournament. That shit was dope. We had no stream. Its only memories. Here are some vids of high level double Ogres.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEMS-_mSxBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGo_lqMpyGg

BTW, Flying Wonkey, and AKK, you guys are dope. I wont suck your dicks, but damn, if I was gay, or a chick, I would totally suck your man meat. But sadly, I am not... a chick or gay.

Top Bottom