• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Frig... it's 4:20 AM and I need sleep.... I'll try to power nap and wake up in 2 hours and catch the finals bracket :(

Sayah

DEATH™;87435277 said:
Hey aak, go to kors academy and force icege to sponsor sayah... NAO

Ah. Thanks for the effort but that probably wouldn't have been necessary. :)

I wasn't able to get off from work anyway. Oh well. I hope there is a good turnout at Filthy cup.

Dereck

Whole GC uploaded by Rip and commentated by MarkMan and Spooky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnDACo27a6g

I just got a PS4 controller, going to test it with Tekken probably.

EDIT: I have never seen anyone use Law's d3,3 for a "re-wall splat".

EDIT 2: This 13 year old motherfucker just double-flipped JDCR and beat him. No one does fucking double-flips in a tournament and that's why he didn't block it.

Doomshine

Finally had time to watch the Global Championship, I wasn't able to catch it live.

AK was amazing, definitely highlight of the tournament.

As much as I like seeing Naps win, I felt bad for MMT. He had that match and looked completely out of it in the next match.

Also happy to see Saint win, well deserved and another JDCR victory would've been pretty boring.

Great event overall and Spooky is actually a really good Tekken commentator despite some lack of knowledge.

GrayFoxPL

Finally had time to watch the Global Championship, I wasn't able to catch it live.

AK was amazing, definitely highlight of the tournament.

As much as I like seeing Naps win, I felt bad for MMT. He had that match and looked completely out of it in the next match.

Also happy to see Saint win, well deserved and another JDCR victory would've been pretty boring.

Great event overall and Spooky is actually a really good Tekken commentator despite some lack of knowledge.

I'm trying to pick a moment to watch it but 8 hours man, 8 hours... It's like 3 months in dog time!

Sayah

Upload the match.

I must have gone on a 20 game lose streak tonight. :/
Also, Sorry, I would have played but I gotta get to work at 6:30 in the morning. Just played two more matches and now I will sleep.

I actually ended up playing a lot of matches with fab and lost pretty much all of them. So much suckage. lol

DEATH™

Whole GC uploaded by Rip and commentated by MarkMan and Spooky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnDACo27a6g

I just got a PS4 controller, going to test it with Tekken probably.

EDIT: I have never seen anyone use Law's d3,3 for a "re-wall splat".

EDIT 2: This 13 year old motherfucker just double-flipped JDCR and beat him. No one does fucking double-flips in a tournament and that's why he didn't block it.

What's amazing is on that game he only used one backflip... Dude got ballz of steel

PS4 controller works with Tekken

and I heard its so good for Tekken. Man this is awesome.

GrayFoxPL

I'm building a simple team Forest - Lee.

I can't find info on Forest's 1+2. It looks like a slow, useless move, but I think it's mid punch sabaki plus it crushes highs? I was using this at frame disadvantage when I thought I get CH for sure but no it went through shit like some magic punch. Bruce Lee spirit I guess.

Also did they remove Lee's 1,2,4:4 when he recovers little quicker?

Shame Tekken Zaibatsu doesn't make comprehensive move lists for Tag2. Previous games were well covered.

Hi, picked this up yesterday on a whim for Wii U. I hadn't played a Tekken games since 3 on the original Playstation. (I figured the Wii U would have the more forgiving online opponents.)

I logged on yesterday and was almost immediately destroyed.

I haven't played many fighting games at all since the turn of the century... and then mainly Capcom V. SNK 2.

So now I'm getting my ass kicked and enjoying every minute of it.

Dereck

It was past his bedtime, cut him some slack.
chansub-global-emoticon-60aa1af305e32d49-23x30.png

lol, fab just demoted me.

I was playing super shitty anyway and falling for the same stuff o'er and over again.

I'm having one of those days too. Aris is right, this game is not good for your health. There is really no reason to play online unless you're a masochist.

Dereck

I see people like Fab and Rip get past 10 dan like nothing, but then I go online and play ranked and realized why I stopped playing ranked.

GrayFoxPL

Ranked is the best. Serious shit, no crybabies allowed.

I got such a lose streak one day I got demoted 4 times but I bit my tongue and worked it back in 2 days.

On EU PSN generally good to godly players are on ranked and on player you get mix of bad, average, good and sometimes superman pops up.

I find it so funny how diverse players you can meet on ranked. Today I fought many times guy who did cream pie splat throw on as much as he could. I won the fights but both of my characters always had cake on their faces. Too funny. XD

Ranked really tests your adaptibility. Everyone is going to throw their best BS at you and you only have one game to figure it out. High level players like Fab have such strong fundamentals, movement and knowledge of the game that they shut down a lot of opponents before they can even get started.

Much like Aris says though, it's for masochists only. I still enjoy it but I hate myself after every session.

is there a good place to learn beginner combos w/ characters in this game? I've briefly looked at zaibatsu and other places but haven't really gotten a good source on beginner combos. I'm looking into lili and don't know who my second will be (maybe jun)

GrayFoxPL

Yeah youtube hurtboxtv is good for basic (but weak ass) combos.

I usually watch korean/japan/other match videos and steal combos that can be practical in online play.

I love combo videos but this stuff is pretty insane to implement in real match.

Dereck

In practice mode, I don't understand how to make the starting position somewhere else permanently. I know I can set my starting position to my current position, but how do I keep it to that position when I move from that position?

In practice mode, I don't understand how to make the starting position somewhere else permanently. I know I can set my starting position to my current position, but how do I keep it to that position when I move from that position?

You can't. It was thought that one of the starting position modes was supposed to work that way, but either it wasn't intended to or it's a glitch Namco never fixed.

GrayFoxPL

GrayFoxPL do you play TTT2 still?

Also, I don't think I've played you since Tekken 6, you played Jin in Tekken 6 right?

Yeah I came back to Tag2 from Revo. Play it pretty often this month.

I definitely played Jin in T6 but I can't keep my interest up in single character so I shuffle 20 of them lol. Jin, Lee, Steve, Paul, Leo among my favorites.

I think we only played once or twice in T6 due to terrible lag from Poland to US. I remember you're rocking that Marshall Law though.

Btw. Today I put on SxT after many months, I don't know if it's Tag2 effect but online runs like shit.

Exr

Ranked really tests your adaptibility. Everyone is going to throw their best BS at you and you only have one game to figure it out. High level players like Fab have such strong fundamentals, movement and knowledge of the game that they shut down a lot of opponents before they can even get started.

Much like Aris says though, it's for masochists only. I still enjoy it but I hate myself after every session.
Yeah this is how I see it. Understand the bullshit the other player will resort to and overcome it. Patience really helps, I didnt notice an improvement in my play until I was willing to just stop hitting buttons and defend. I still get stomped and lose to Alisa shenanigans, but blocking properly adds so much knowledge. Online makes me want to rip my hair out still though.

I literally want to punch my fightstick or shoot someone in the foot when I play ranked.

Sayah

I'm having one of those days too. Aris is right, this game is not good for your health. There is really no reason to play online unless you're a masochist.

I like ranked matches for the competition and continue playing them for that reason. But yeah, they can be stressful.
Sayah I would love to play you offline, for real.

Yep.

Your skills have SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Can't say that enough.

Top Bottom