• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Manbig

So I just played a bit of Tekken with the Dual Shock 4. The pad is smooth, so less blistering for your thumb, but movement was rough. A lot more rough than a non broken in Dual Shock 3 even. Hopefully some wear and tear will take care of that though.

Dereck

DEATH™;88230315 said:
Just want to echo this... Seriously bout, you got waaay better now... I am playing catchup now when I play against you...

I like ranked matches for the competition and continue playing them for that reason. But yeah, they can be stressful.

Yep.

Your skills have SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Can't say that enough.
All because of you guys.

AAK

This is kinda late but the MC stream is online now:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv157892918

There is this awesome female Zafina/Xiaoyu player on now.

EDIT: And she just Cleaned up the rest of their entire team! That was impressive... she knew what she was doing. Her okizeme setups and everything were on point. After her victory:

iOWiSTEY7zqzd.gif

/creepermode

Sayah

I was playing Brawl after such a long time. Can't wait for Nintendo + Namco to deliver the goods. And it's time for Namco to show off something for TKXSF. Relentlessly waiting.

If I can get SSB4, TKXSF, and Dark Souls II next year, it would be the perfect gaming year for me.

Well, I think I'm going to jump back into this. I've been playing so much Revolution I need to get back into this and see how sloppy I am since I have to adjust to non-invincibles and bounds....

I do miss playing P.Jack though and I know I've leveled up my game.

AAK

I still think TxSF is a long ways off, I don't think they'll show anything until they're done with TR. And then there's the rumored Pokken game as well.

Well, I think I'm going to jump back into this. I've been playing so much Revolution I need to get back into this and see how sloppy I am since I have to adjust to non-invincibles and bounds....

I do miss playing P.Jack though and I know I've leveled up my game.

This game still has plenty of users :) Lots to enjoy here!

And it looks like the Mastercup stream died unfortunately. Here's a South American tournament going down instead!

http://www.twitch.tv/atomixgames

South American Tekken is actually really REALLY skillfull. Check it out guys if you're still awake.

Sayah

I still think TxSF is a long ways off, I don't think they'll show anything until they're done with TR. And then there's the rumored Pokken game as well.
I'm thinking the release date for TXSF will be sooner rather than later since it's not coming to arcades first.

And yeah, the one clip we have of Pokken looked amazing and it would be nearly the best thing ever if it became a reality. If SSB4 is a success, I can imagine Nintendo working with Namco again on a project like that.

I already have a Wii U, TekkenGAF needs to unite online when SSB4 comes out.

I still need to buy a Wii U. SSB4 will be my reason for getting one. I just hope Namco is given full and complete control of implementing the online as Nintendo is severely lacking in that area and HD development in general. A lot of their "HD" games are just looking like reused assets from previous versions of the title.

AAK

I'll definitely try to join you guys whenever I do get a WiiU. I have no idea when I'll get a next gen system. I don't see myself letting go of TTT2 anytime soon :p

Also, Tekken Xtreme Tournament is back on!

Top 32 today. This a legit Tekken major. The competition is incredible and hype in this one. KOR is up now.

Sayah

Wow, Tekken is really rolling well with both the sheer quantity + quality of national/international tournaments. I haven't been able to watch much but it's always good to know the tourney scene for the game is alive and well.

DEATH™

Wow, Tekken is really rolling well with both the sheer quantity + quality of national/international tournaments. I haven't been able to watch much but it's always good to know the tourney scene for the game is alive and well.

My pessimistic self expect that to change when evolution circuit starts again and monsters shout "tekken is dead" all over again... But who cares? Matches are hype! TEKKEN = HYPE

And welcome back degen! BUY A STICK! PS3 sticks work for PS4 so its a good investment!

GrayFoxPL

I'll definitely try to join you guys whenever I do get a WiiU. I have no idea when I'll get a next gen system. I don't see myself letting go of TTT2 anytime soon :p

Also, Tekken Xtreme Tournament is back on!

Top 32 today. This a legit Tekken major. The competition is incredible and hype in this one. KOR is up now.

Every time I stopped watching and then came back someone was going crazy hardcore with Capoeira team!

Btw playing Tag2 today and that feeling when someone beats you in ranked then later you meet again and get that 3-0 sweet ass revenge - so good.

Degen

DEATH™;88550114 said:
My pessimistic self expect that to change when evolution circuit starts again and monsters shout "tekken is dead" all over again... But who cares? Matches are hype! TEKKEN = HYPE

And welcome back degen! BUY A STICK! PS3 sticks work for PS4 so its a good investment!
Pad Warrior

I always meant to give my Hitbox another shot though. So far, that controller has not been $160+ well spent

dunno if I can play you guys at this point lol... I imagine you all got way better while I've been accumulating rust over here lol

I would be glad act as an advisor and give pointers on just how often your Ogres need to db2.

DEATH™;88584176 said:
It's been confirmed by PS team also that only developers can block DS3, which I won't worry about.

and if i remember correctly MadCatz has stated that their old sticks wont work, you'll have to buy new ones. Where's MarkMan when you need him! :D

DEATH™

and if i remember correctly MadCatz has stated that their old sticks wont work, you'll have to buy new ones. Where's MarkMan when you need him! :D

Read in particular order...
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=88116191

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=88121995
this comes from the stick thread right here...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=483428&page=59

what this means is ds3 would and should work for ps4 unless the developers PURPOSELY block them, which will cause full backlash if they did that for a FG.

And degen, your movement should be pretty good now man. Hitbox is pretty cheap if you master it. You can do point blank iSWs like a pro. Just practice dat finger dexterity man.

DEATH™;88699277 said:
Read in particular order...
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=88116191

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=88121995
this comes from the stick thread right here...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=483428&page=59

what this means is ds3 would and should work for ps4 unless the developers PURPOSELY block them, which will cause full backlash if they did that for a FG.

And degen, your movement should be pretty good now man. Hitbox is pretty cheap if you master it. You can do point blank iSWs like a pro. Just practice dat finger dexterity man.

Hmm, ok, sounds good. Although i still read the official statement as PS3 controllers wont work UNLESS developers patch in support. I hope they do then :p

Dereck

Aris ranking up heavy

Ranking up when the characters you are using are different ranks makes it take so long.

This makes me wish I wouldn't mix up teams so often.

DEATH™

Why do I have to be Australian lol.

Look at the Bright Side... you got an exotic accent, you got an arcade, and you don't have to lose sleep to watch tekken tourneys that's worth watching...

P.S. I lose hope on some of the FGC thread peeps... There I said it... There is no way any fighting game aside capcom games will grow with such playerbase... I don't even think GG will grow in America...

AAK

Haha, that was Rene. He is an old school Tekken dr player that has gone full casual. I honestly think he has the best back dash canceling in all of Canada.

His main character is Steve... in T6 he also dabbled into Bruce and Lee. His gameplay is only on spacing, whiff punishing, and hard reads. Unfortunately ever since going casual he now lacks character knowledge to duck or punish certain strings.

Sayah

DEATH™;88913163 said:
Look at the Bright Side... you got an exotic accent, you got an arcade, and you don't have to lose sleep to watch tekken tourneys that's worth watching...

P.S. I lose hope on some of the FGC thread peeps... There I said it... There is no way any fighting game aside capcom games will grow with such playerbase... I don't even think GG will grow in America...

It should be renamed to Capcom Games Weekly. J/k.
I don't know. They try to integrate other games as well. Enzo does a good job of putting together all the different weekly events going on for other games.

Most of the thread regardless is just people watching different streams of marvel and making comments or there's discussion on random topics (read: favorite cereal) - or at least from my understanding. And I'm not a big spectator of any game so that's probably why I don't comment in those threads that much. I can't watch more than 1/2 hour of matches before getting bored. Kadey's stream is an exception due to the chat going on and the good music. Otherwise, in general, the high levels of strategy interest me, the mind games interest me, and I"m interested in learning more about them.........but I also then feel like I could be doing something productive.....like actually playing the game in training mode and experimenting stuff on my own instead of being a passive spectator.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm saying.........it has truly been a very long day.

I'm not that creative of a thinker so spectating helps me a ton. I spectate Tekken mainly for the purpose of learning. I'd bet a solid 40% of my game knowledge came from spectating alone. And not just watching, but hanging out with the chat as they drop lots of knowledge. It's a good experience.

AAK

Sayah's mentality is so boss. "I'd rather play, discover. and get more out of it than watching!"

I watch so much Tekken just because I find it so entertaining. On the topic of strategies:

All Law players! What exactly is going through your mind when you do a b+4? Whenever I play online against some Law player and they do a b+4 and I block it I feel like I'm forced to eat a 50/50. I need to flesh out the flowchart that's going on in Law player's heads or if there's an easy way out.

I guess it's analogous to Hwoarang where I give people the illusion they have to eat a flamingo mixup after a jab or something... but in reality they can always hit me out of it unless when the preceding move before transitioning into flamingo is blocked rather than a solid hit. But Law's b+4 feels like a forced 50/50 on block! However I haven't really done all my research on it using command capture yet... just went the lazy route to as people first lol!

joeblow

If you see Law's b+4, only two real results will happen if you block it: he will either ~3 a canned high kick, or he'll try a BT mixup at -4 recovery (and BT 2,2 takes 15 frames to come out on top of that). Either way, you can simply duck and throw out your fastest WS attack. You can even duck and hop kick launch the high with ease.

DEATH™

It should be renamed to Capcom Games Weekly. J/k.
I don't know. They try to integrate other games as well. Enzo does a good job of putting together all the different weekly events going on for other games.

Most of the thread regardless is just people watching different streams of marvel and making comments or there's discussion on random topics (read: favorite cereal) - or at least from my understanding. And I'm not a big spectator of any game so that's probably why I don't comment in those threads that much. I can't watch more than 1/2 hour of matches before getting bored. Kadey's stream is an exception due to the chat going on and the good music. Otherwise, in general, the high levels of strategy interest me, the mind games interest me, and I"m interested in learning more about them.........but I also then feel like I could be doing something productive.....like actually playing the game in training mode and experimenting stuff on my own instead of being a passive spectator.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm saying.........it has truly been a very long day.

Nah I'm not thinking of that sorry... It's about they cannot talk about other games without bashing them and try to put/request things that they want without care or thought about the future, acting like bunch of armchair developers. Yeah you're right in part that instead of playing the game, they just pull out this reasons that's more emotions based more than anything. This is the same mentality from scrubs in TZ before, but for some reason, since they play other fighting games, they got a bit more "merit".

The problem IMO is they are basing their opinions on perspective of a guy who plays SF and/or Marvel (which is unavoidable and understandable). Most of their complaints are coming off from a guy who trained some skills and became good at one fighting game but when you go to another game requiring different sets of skills, they expect to be good just as quick just because they are good at their game. Now they try to propose changes that wants to change the game completely.

Sorry I'm just frustrated... because in that thread, the only time they are gonna talk about Tekken is how horrible it is and it needs to change. Same thing with other games. I wish there will be a time where we can just all accept that a specific FG is just the way it is and enjoy the fact that we have a wide variety of FGs that we can play instead of one same game with just different brands.

Dereck

All Law players! What exactly is going through your mind when you do a b+4?
It's a good homing attack so I abuse it a lot. The main purpose of b+4 for me is mini trolling.

I can b+4 to BT or not go to BT. In BT, 2 gives you a combo on CH. BT 2,2 is punishable so I try not to do it a lot. BT to duck can make people flinch, but I don't do that because I'm wide open. BT, d4 is another combo but really punishable. BT to u3 is also another combo.

GrayFoxPL

b+4 is very deceptive.

I've been wallsplated countless times because it "seemed" my jabs would hit quicker, but no b+4,3 CH. Scary move.

Maraudered Baek. So much hate mail. Trololol.

I hope T6 ending isn't canon and Baek isn't dead. But it's likely he'll be replaced by that girl Taekkyeon fighter Harada wants to make. :\
3 Korean fighters are probably too much to handle (racisisisist).

Doomshine

I hope T6 ending isn't canon and Baek isn't dead. But it's likely he'll be replaced by that girl Taekkyeon fighter Harada wants to make. :\
3 Korean fighters are probably too much to handle (racisisisist).

If we were to talk about characters that wouldn't make it into a new slimmed down roster then Baek is unfortunately probably high on that list. He was at the the table in the TTT2 ending after all.

GrayFoxPL

If we were to talk about characters that wouldn't make it into a new slimmed down roster then Baek is unfortunately probably high on that list. He was at the the table in the TTT2 ending after all.

Oh shit the table meeting meant dead characters?

Oh man, never realized. :(

DEATH™

I don't see that though... I mean Baek is a scrub-friendly char and an online warrior fave.

Also that table is for old chars man, not dead chars... Wang even said that his T6 ending isn't canon...

Expect Wang to have alisa chainsaws in t7...

Doomshine

DEATH™;89072761 said:
I don't see that though... I mean Baek is a scrub-friendly char and an online warrior fave.

Also that table is for old chars man, not dead chars... Wang even said that his T6 ending isn't canon...

Expect Wang to have alisa chainsaws in t7...

Asuka is also scrub-friendly and online warrior fave, except people actually play her. Hwoarang is easily more popular than Baek.

The table was for unpopular characters as far as I saw it. Wasn't Ganryu at it too?

DEATH™

Asuka is also scrub-friendly and online warrior fave, except people actually play her. Hwoarang is easily more popular than Baek.

The table was for unpopular characters as far as I saw it. Wasn't Ganryu at it too?

I run on a lot of baek players, maybe it's a regional thing. Of course Hwoarang will be the more popular (thanks K-Pop)...

Yeah Ganryu is there too... come to think of it, Ganny's pretty old now...

BTW AAK, There is no way Mad Dog is gonna be in Tekken... Dude's too OP, especially in solo vs. tag... 500% health plus rage every time... Even item moves can't take him down...

Top Bottom