• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Yeah not only did she call me, but she inferred something about a threesome.

I asked GameStop if they would do a midnight release but they said no, they're doing one next week for Borderlands "which will be more popular". Now I loves me some Borderlands2 but I find that reasoning to be suspect.

Skilletor

I asked GameStop if they would do a midnight release but they said no, they're doing one next week for Borderlands "which will be more popular". Now I loves me some Borderlands2 but I find that reasoning to be suspect.

My gamestop has 250 preorders for Borderlands and 20 for TTT2.

That reasoning is perfectly sound to me. No point paying people to work a midnight launch when only 2-3 people are going to show up to pick up their game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

That reasoning is perfectly sound to me. No point paying people to work a midnight launch when only 2-3 people are going to show up to pick up their game.

Yup this, mine only tends to do one or two midnight releases a month if at all.

Nori Chan

I just had the weirdest voicemail from Gamestop about my pre order of Tekken....

Edit: hahaha glad I wasn't the only one that got it

Makoto

Not really.

Edit: I was about to type that I wasn't surprised that TTT2 wouldn't have midnight launches as the franchise didn't seem to be one that warranted them, but Google is telling me T6 had midnight launches (SFxT too but I'm not really counting that). That's interesting.

genjiZERO

Man, I haven't played Tekken seriously since Tekken 4.... I always felt the original TTT was the best in the series. I might have to pick this up.... But I really hate having to pay loads for extra characters and I don't know if I really have the time to invest in it....

Skilletor

Man, I haven't played Tekken seriously since Tekken 4.... I always felt the original TTT was the best in the series. I might have to pick this up.... But I really hate having to pay loads for extra characters and I don't know if I really have the time to invest in it....

Good news!

All the extra characters are free.

Sgblues

Yeah got the Anna call earlier too, man Harada has set the bar with the amount of fan service TT2 has shown so far and I doubt any other fighting game is gonna come that close(well not Harada based ones anyways)

Fantasmo

The thread title man. Read it.

Malice215

I'm still waiting for my creepy phone call. And I wish that Tag 2 had a midnight release just so I don't have to sit around and watch other people who got the game early play it.

Only a few hours left.

CSX

If this game had a midnight release, i be fukking dead tomorrow for classes.

However, due to classes, i cant pick it up till the evening :(

Dr_Faust

Neo Member
Er, does the EB version of this come with a steelbook? My co-worker was told this by an EB salesdude (Canada). Don't see anything of the sort on the website. Might've been an in-store promo?

Also, I checked my order status and they charged me $50 instead of $60 for some weird reason. Was $60 when I ordered, and $60 right now. I CONFUSE.

$50 for me also :)

I got my shipping notice email from EBGames.ca, but I didn't receive any DLC codes yet. Has anyone had their codes mailed to them yet? Or will the come with the actual game?

LowParry

I got my shipping notice email from EBGames.ca, but I didn't receive any DLC codes yet. Has anyone had their codes mailed to them yet? Or will the come with the actual game?

They should come on the receipt and possibly some codes on the manual. (Probably the online pass code).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suppose I could just walk on over to Walmart later tonight and pick a copy up. Maybe. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Good luck. Last time I tried they had some system that prevented the guy from making the sale when he tried to scan it. :(

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Amazon just shipped my copy, it will arrive tomorrow.

tumblr_lo3p3nzuxi1qf2lpz.gif

Agreed. I'm just surprised that borderlands2 is so highly anticipated. Didn't know it reached that level of popularity, but that's good.

MightyKAC

The good news, just got my shipping email.

The bad news, it's shipping all the way out to an APO in Japan so it'll probably be another week before I see it here. :(

Takuan

They should come on the receipt and possibly some codes on the manual. (Probably the online pass code).

This is what is holding me back from opening my Best Buy copy that came in today. If I open this one, then I potentially screw myself out of the superior EBGames DLC. Oh well, I can wait another night.

$50 for me also :)
A pleasant surprise from the folks at EB, for once!

Zephyrus

Banned
Still find it a bit odd how there are a large number of clone characters this time around.

Sure, they're there for fan service, but will Harada work on them on Tekken 7 or drop them again?

He better not drop Kuni, Jun, Jinpachi and Michelle again.

Eiji

Still find it a bit odd how there are a large number of clone characters this time around.

Sure, they're there for fan service, but will Harada work on them on Tekken 7 or drop them again?

He better not drop Kuni, Jun, Jinpachi and Michelle again.

Well according to the Tekken storyline, Jun and Jinpachi are 100% dead.

It would be interesting to know the story surrounding their return in Tekken 7 if they were to return.

I know Kazuya was dead too at the end of Tekken 2 (lolcano) and was brought back in Tekken 4 so who knows.

Zephyrus

Banned
Well according to the Tekken storyline, Jun and Jinpachi are 100% dead.

It would be interesting to know the story surrounding their return in Tekken 7 if they were to return.

I know Kazuya was dead too so who knows.

harada already said Jun wasn't dead. Dunno about Jinpachi.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Woot I got it! My roomate was nice enough to give me a ride before she had to go out to dinner >.< hooray!

I'm in a seriously GREAT mood now

Top Bottom