• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

I agree, boutdown really has become what I'd like to say "Tekken-smart". He makes really good decisions overall and you can't hate when you lose to him!

Also man, I was playing online and came accross Fab playing Ganryu/Jinpachi for like 3 games owning me up. And in those matches I'd enter some zen state of mental alertness... I won like 7 matches in a row against anyone else I faced online. Now I'm finally Red ranked :D.

I was looking at this old official concept art for Tekken 3

http://i.minus.com/iNnLExTa68924.jpg/IMG]

Wow it's totally different character. I mean from the face and expression it shows he has different personality. Dat smile. Not to mention that biker style skull tatoo.

Check out the little jin face under main too.

Wonder how it would go if they'd go forward with that concept.

Interestingly other character's concept art doesn't look much different then final game characters aside of T2 Yoshimitsu.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/il6Ll61K4DV3s.jpg[IMG]
Lol at middle finger. Never seen in the games.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iv0zk2UIKZh7t.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Concept art really is super fascinating. I found this online and it really does look like Namco were intending for promiscuous Jun from the very beginning!

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibxRy35OMv916D.jpg

The biggest Namco WTF change I've ever seen was definitely Ivy from SC. Look at this awesome Concept art:

ibf9NrGWulQWEc.jpg

Why.jpg on what we ended up getting. :( I'm also a fan of longer hair too :p.

Apologies again Death for missing out on your message last night.

Hey devastator long time no see! BTW what ever happened to that stick art design you had commissioned, was it ever completed?

Hey devastator long time no see! BTW what ever happened to that stick art design you had commissioned, was it ever completed?

Still not done lol. My friend is never satisfied with Jun's face so he always ends up starting all over. I'm not paying him or anything so I dont bother him about but if/when he ever finishes it I'll be sure to share it with you guys.

And seeing that Jun concept art makes me sad again about TTT2's customization. Wish she had the top and bottom right clothes in the game.

GrayFoxPL

When I played Boutdown we had 400-500 ms of lag and he was hitting tag buffer juggles like nothing.

I was like "what is this? What is this?!"

When he said there's no lag I was #dead.

lolz

Some nice arts:

Respect to people with drawing skills.

AAK

Tekken is being streamed at NEC:

http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

It's lagging really badly for me.... but what's worse is that it's only 50 entrants total. That's less than 1/3 the entrants of Blazblue and Guilty Gear where they had 160+. So bad :(

Artwork huh? I have a folder dedicated to Fanarts of namco games.... look how big it is:

iZWms1ee8maAO.png

I guess I'll post some occasionally.

GrayFoxPL

Noice collection.

Post'em sometimes. Never enough of Tekken art.

Btw I wonder if someone did or will ever do reverse sexes art. You know like female Kazuya or guy Xiaoyu.

Can you explain what happened? I'm studying and don't have time to watch archives.

Realyst was on commentary being salty that no one from Atlanta ever travels, Anakin was returning said salt in the chat (to paraphrase, "gamblers don't leave Vegas to go betting in Mississippi"), and Mr Taxi wondered why anyone plays this game at all lol. And some other stuff with Adonis, Speedkicks, Exalted, etc. Mostly about people not traveling to tournaments.

Sayah

Realyst was on commentary being salty that no one from Atlanta ever travels, Anakin was returning said salt in the chat (to paraphrase, "gamblers don't leave Vegas to go betting in Mississippi"), and Mr Taxi wondered why anyone plays this game at all lol. And some other stuff with Adonis, Speedkicks, Exalted, etc. Mostly about people not traveling to tournaments.

People have other commitments that they need to prioritize before tournaments so I can understand why they wouldn't want to go to tournaments. Especially when it's final exam period right now. Though, what perplexes me is that Tekken usually has a good diversity in people that win tournaments yet has comparatively lower entrants than other games which have the same two or three people attending every tournament and winning each time.

Maybe the Tekken scene is dying in North America but I would say it's doing fine globally. We had two master cups and the global championship this year. That's better than what most other fighters are pulling off. Filthy cup was also quite successful though, so I don't know.

AAK

I can relate to Realyst. Tekken is pretty much guaranteed to be a side-game from now on at any NA major... a first for any Tekken game in its 2nd year. Anakin's comment just shows the hunger is no longer there, he's satisfied with the competition he gets in Atlanta. No one is willing to have the drive or sacrifice to prove they're the better player. The Tekken "scene" is pretty much completely fractured, it's just gonna be the individual local communities doing their thing. It's the same thing here, at the next Northern Battle Toronto monthly, the Tekken community is desperately trying to get people into playing by doing a $20 reward to the best new player. We're pretty much VF status now :(

Sayah

I agree Tekken can make you bitter but I relish myself in that bitterness. :p

The amount of times I've been frustrated with this game, man.

DEATH™

East Coast TekkenGAF, be careful out there... heard in the news that the weather is getting really bad...

California will always welcome you in open arms though...

Sayah

DEATH™;93091621 said:
East Coast TekkenGAF, be careful out there... heard in the news that the weather is getting really bad...

California will always welcome you in open arms though...

Yes, it is. I skipped class and took off from work anyway, though, so no outside weather exposure today. All this school work, on the other hand, is so damn aggravating. I'm panicking because I don't see myself finishing work on time unless I pull two all-nighters this week.

Sajjaja

I just bought a new PS3 copy on ebay and it should be here within the week hopefully.

Any tips for a beginner? I've never played a Tekken game aside from Tekken 2 demo from Interactive Demo Disk that came with my PS1 lol.

I'm pretty excited for it. I'm only familiar with Street Fighter (mostly Street Fighter 3rd Strike).

Sayah

I just bought a new PS3 copy on ebay and it should be here within the week hopefully.

Any tips for a beginner? I've never played a Tekken game aside from Tekken 2 demo from Interactive Demo Disk that came with my PS1 lol.

I'm pretty excited for it. I'm only familiar with Street Fighter (mostly Street Fighter 3rd Strike).

There is online training mode so once finals finish, I can definitely offer support through there.
Which type of characters do you like? Poke heavy, agile, grapplers, etc?

GrayFoxPL

Nice. Welcome.

Ask us anything about the Tag2, it's a huge game.

I must've played Tekken 2 demo billion times. Lol.

Btw. It's always arcade "ver.B" of Tekken 2. Did anyone even seen non ver.B ever? Shit is like a myth.

Sajjaja

There is online training mode so once finals finish, I can definitely offer support through there.
Which type of characters do you like? Poke heavy, agile, grapplers, etc?

I would imagine that SF and Tekken characters are pretty different, but I guess shotokan (ie. Ryu, Ken, Akuma) kinds. I'm not really familiar >_<
I guess someone that has a moderate amount of agility but can still hit hard with without requiring combos? But that's pretty much the essence of Tekken right? Combos? So I guess I'd be open to learning something new.

Nice. Welcome.

Ask us anything about the Tag2, it's a huge game.

I must've played Tekken 2 demo billion times. Lol.

Btw. It's always arcade "ver.B" of Tekken 2. Did anyone even seen non ver.B ever? Shit is like a myth.
lol the one where you could always play as Jun and Lei right? Played that ton.

Sayah

I would imagine that SF and Tekken characters are pretty different, but I guess shotokan (ie. Ryu, Ken, Akuma) kinds. I'm not really familiar >_<
I guess someone that has a moderate amount of agility but can still hit hard with without requiring combos? But that's pretty much the essence of Tekken right? Combos? So I guess I'd be open to learning something new.

I guess Paul and Feng could fall under power hitters. Alisa could be another option.

There is not really any shoto equivalent. Though, if you're looking for an easy to learn character, I would go with Jinpachi.

Paul/Alisa/Jinpachi all seem like good characters to start with if you're brand new to Tekken. Over time, you'll find the right character for yourself as you experiment more if those three don't click.

Combos are also not that difficult. At first, you're bound to drop combos when learning but after a short time, it becomes really easy - like second nature easy. It's not like SF where combos are very hard to link. You have a lot of time to connect stuff. I, or someone else here, can help in online training with that if needed.

AAK

Yo Nice, I spent 100's of hours on a guide JUST for people like yourself :) Check out my beginner's guide here:

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ttt2-guides/

Yes, it is. I skipped class and took off from work anyway, though, so no outside weather exposure today. All this school work, on the other hand, is so damn aggravating. I'm panicking because I don't see myself finishing work on time unless I pull two all-nighters this week.

You too huh? I called in sick for where I'm working just so I could cram as much as I can. Couple things that are really helping me right now:

1) Whenever my productivity drops I move to a different place to study
2) Set goals for myself to accomplish and then take breaks once completed where I get up and stretch/walk/much on something
3) Always renew my intention before getting back to work. Whether it's saying Bismillah or looking at your end goal or whatever.... I always need motivation to get back to studying.
4) YOUTUBE tutorials! Damn I can't believe how useful these are. Hearing explanations from another perspective can do crazy wonders.

Good luck, take care, and hope things work out for you bro. Fight on!

ibgCSckfpa1bu7.gif

I would say that that the Mishima characters (Heihachi, Kazuya, Devil Jin, etc) are the closest to shotokan characters. They are both the main top-tier (I'm unsure about SF now) characters and stylistically they are very similar because they both have karate fighting styles. The difference though, is that Mishima characters are difficult to master and use to their full potential in terms of execution. Anyway, you can still do powerful juggles with them without having the skills to do EWGFs and what-not.

Combos in Tekken are much easier to do in SF, in my opinion. Since your main combos will be juggles, it is easier to visualize the timing in which you can land the hits, making the combo system less archaic than the timing of 1 frame links as in say, SFIV.

GrayFoxPL

Geezas a dude with 52 win streak on ranked showed up. 52-0 stats mind you. Clearly someone from blue ranks made a new account to beat up noobs. He definitely knew the frame data from memory. What a douchebag.
People like this just make newbies stop playing the game. What's the fucking point of beating up noobs when you're clearly some fucking fujin rank? You're getting off on that?

Dereck

That kind of reminds me of Fujin online players playing new accounts and trying to re-rank up. Seems redundant and wasteful.

Geezas a dude with 52 win streak on ranked showed up. 52-0 stats mind you. Clearly someone from blue ranks made a new account to beat up noobs. He definitely knew the frame data from memory. What a douchebag.
People like this just make newbies stop playing the game. What's the fucking point of beating up noobs when you're clearly some fucking fujin rank? You're getting off on that?

I run into this sort of thing multiple times a night. Ranked is really busted at the lower levels.

AAK

I am guilty of this... I have an alt account, but it was only because I wanted to pair Leo with Julia. I tried doing Leo/Julia in my main account but I was getting wrecked since my Leo sucked and I was up against fellow red rankers. Made an alt account to properly build that character from scratch. Sorry to all you guys for being one of those :(
But I only have a 66% win ratio there... nothing compared to the 52-0 dude!

Xevren

I know a number of players that do this, hell I was watching Speedkicks on stream do that just because he couldn't find a match at a higher level.

Sayah

You too huh? I called in sick for where I'm working just so I could cram as much as I can. Couple things that are really helping me right now:

1) Whenever my productivity drops I move to a different place to study
2) Set goals for myself to accomplish and then take breaks once completed where I get up and stretch/walk/much on something
3) Always renew my intention before getting back to work. Whether it's saying Bismillah or looking at your end goal or whatever.... I always need motivation to get back to studying.
4) YOUTUBE tutorials! Damn I can't believe how useful these are. Hearing explanations from another perspective can do crazy wonders.

Good luck, take care, and hope things work out for you bro. Fight on!

ibgCSckfpa1bu7.gif

This is great advice. And yeah, I procrastinate and end up regretting it later. Suddenly want time to go back. haha

DEATH&#8482;;93554325 said:
Ggs Eraptura...

Spinning Heel Kick FTW!

Lol. Yes, good games. You got a really good King team and congratulations on the high rank. Keep it up. I'm trying to get back into TTT2 and still trying to remember everything. I need to try to implement some of your techniques and tactics with my King because I forgot literally everything with him.

DEATH™

Lol. Yes, good games. You got a really good King team and congratulations on the high rank. Keep it up. I'm trying to get back into TTT2 and still trying to remember everything. I need to try to implement some of your techniques and tactics with my King because I forgot literally everything with him.

Yeah... Thankfully, the monitor I got let me play more aggressively. It's way more responsive overall... I can do delay attacks real quick, buffer throws better, SS better and duck/interrupt some strings with confidence. I still need to work on my throw breaking (I can only do it offline so far lol) but I can break throws now if anticipated (which doesn't mean much). I gotta work on punishing again with this monitor though as I put inputs too early lol...

Also... as a result... hate mails are flowing...

When I saw IPLAYWINNER, I thought AK went to the Bay Area or something... darn

Top Bottom