• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

Did you promo off of these guys?

IIRC I promoed on one of them... dude was predictably doing 2 throws but I was too slow to break them, so I just went AK and hopkicked everytime he's gonna throw so yeah... hatemail...

one of them though im just punishing him everytime with hopkick (yes, law player), so I was a spammer lol.

but overall, its a up and down roller coaster. Got to berserker, them demoed to fighter (then fought eraptura), got demoed to marauder, then got back to berserker... Too many people doing darn gimmicks, including this nina player who always goes for her tenstrings when she don't know what to do (that thing was cheap overall though... its hard to interrupt, the last parts are guaranteed and the last hit was a launcher... hurts on rage). Sometimes I feel like one game isn't enough to download them.

I do want to do a project about tenstring now... like making a vid where you can interrupt each string, but I got no equipment :(

DEATH™;93626055 said:
Yeah... Thankfully, the monitor I got let me play more aggressively. It's way more responsive overall... I can do delay attacks real quick, buffer throws better, SS better and duck/interrupt some strings with confidence. I still need to work on my throw breaking (I can only do it offline so far lol) but I can break throws now if anticipated (which doesn't mean much). I gotta work on punishing again with this monitor though as I put inputs too early lol...

Also... as a result... hate mails are flowing...

When I saw IPLAYWINNER, I thought AK went to the Bay Area or something... darn

Haha, nice. That means you are doing a good job and they are feeling the pressure lol. Those are always entertaining. Now that you menton it, I wonder if I should put my Sony Bravia HDTV on game mode(if that actually makes a difference) because I did notice when I play Tekken and other fighters that I seemingly get delayed reactions sometimes, especially with blocking and execution. One thing I really need to work on in TTT2 is my side stepping, punishing and throw breaking. Side stepping just never really clicked with me in TTT2 like VF5: FS or even DOA5 for some reason.

Dereck

Does anyone get disappointed when they fight someone in ranked that uses the same characters you do, and when the match starts, all they do are 10 hit combos?

EDIT: I guess I'll have to explain myself. I met a Berserker Slim Bob online. My thought process that emerges when I see people playing with my characters that have higher rank than me is, "I want to see how this guy plays, I want to know how what makes him a Berserker". Then he just does 10 hit combos over and over and I'm thinking "wow, so disappointed".

This happened with a Bryan too.

Degen

lol... If somebody got to a high rank off of Bryan's terrible 10-hit string then I say more power to em

does it even hit low at all?

They would have had a much easier time just spamming jabs, df3, and uf4. <-- That's the most disappointing Bryan IMO

Dereck

To be good with Bryan you don't really need db3. He's a good character, but I never liked him until this year when I dabbled in his movelist more. He's strong, I use uf4 a lot and that's for whiff punishes. People who win online by repeating 10 hit combos will probably never learn the game.

Does anyone else play ranked for 2 hours, and win every singe match but promo matches? I think I was on a 6 win streak twice, and then I got a promo match three times. The fourth promo match I got was actually a double promo against this poopie Law player. This one Hwo player sent me "respect mail", he said, "I like how you didn't grab me."

To be good with Bryan you don't really need db3. He's a good character, but I never liked him until this year when I dabbled in his movelist more. He's strong, I use uf4 a lot and that's for whiff punishes. People who win online by repeating 10 hit combos will probably never learn the game.

Does anyone else play ranked for 2 hours, and win every singe match but promo matches? I think I was on a 6 win streak twice, and then I got a promo match three times. The fourth promo match I got was actually a double promo against this poopie Law player. This one Hwo player sent me "respect mail", he said, "I like how you didn't grab me."

All the time. Ran into a Berserker double Laws player that did nothing but dragon tails and flipkicks
and he promoed to Warrior off me because I can't block
. And the variance in skill level throws me off so much in ranked because of how scattershot it is now. Play actual weak/properly ranked people, get a streak going, run into four straight players that are either smurf accounts or red/orange ranks playing alt's and get bodied. The rank doesn't mean all that much to me anymore, I'm just happy I'm winning a bit more consistently.

And I don't really like respect mails. I almost never get them when I win. "That was a close one!" doesn't ease my salt.

Dereck

All the time. Ran into a Berserker double Laws player that did nothing but dragon tails and flipkicks
. And the variance in skill level throws me off so much in ranked because of how scattershot it is now. Play actual weak/properly ranked people, get a streak going, run into four straight players that are either smurf accounts or red/orange ranks playing alt's and get bodied. The rank doesn't mean all that much to me anymore, I'm just happy I'm winning a bit more consistently.
This is a great post

and WTF

i6lmNOyPRblUo.gif

ALSO, I met this double Law player, did rushed me down with delayed strings, command grabs and all kinds of shit, he won 3-0.

Then I find him again, and he's doing d2,3s, backturn 2,2 and all kinds of stupid shit. I punished him silly and won 3-0. I find that kind of stuff really off-putting.

EDIT: I met this double Grand Master Nina/Asuka team, he punished correctly, had good spacing and didn't do any silly moves or grabs. The players are just all over the place like you said.

I do this all the time. Intentionally "drop" a Bruce combo, catch them napping in a backroll, dash up and use d+3,4 to reset. Happens quick enough to look like it's still comboing. I've been looking for something similar with Miguel. Closest I've found is finish a combo with 1+2, then do d/f+3,2. It works sometimes but not consistently, and getting a bound off it (jab, d+2) is super hard.

Sayah

Yeah, it's unfortunate when people don't tech roll out of combo resets. I do them with Nina/Anna all the time too. And yes, I have also fallen for combo resets with Bruce.

Also, should there be another winter tournament for TTT2? I can't believe its been a year already.
Last year was quite successful but I don't know if people are still playing TTT2 consistently.

I'm experimenting with Heihachi and Armor King now and it seems like you can do 90+ damage combos effortlessly.

Armor King is one of the best muscle characters in the game in regards to combos. I initially paired him with Miguel just for combo damage, but they oddly have strong synergy together.

Armor King is one of the best muscle characters in the game in regards to combos. I initially paired him with Miguel just for combo damage, but they oddly have strong synergy together.

I found a 105 damage combo with Hei/AK starting with a counter-hit EWGF, with no wall or rage.. Its pretty awesome.

I found a 105 damage combo with Hei/AK starting with a counter-hit EWGF, with no wall or rage.. Its pretty awesome.

EGWF~5 AK: u/f+3, d/f+3, d/f+1, f+1+2 TA! Hei: CD4,4,1 AK: iSW = 105 dmg, no CH necessary. Can also throw 1,2 jabs as ender for wall carry. It carries pretty well regardless. Works the same with Hei's f,f+2 launcher.

EGWF~5 AK: u/f+3, d/f+3, d/f+1, f+1+2 TA! Hei: CD4,4,1 AK: iSW = 105 dmg, no CH necessary. Can also throw 1,2 jabs as ender for wall carry. It carries pretty well regardless. Works the same with Hei's f,f+2 launcher.

That's much easier than doing three consecutive EWGFs. Thanks.

DEATH™

Haha, nice. That means you are doing a good job and they are feeling the pressure lol. Those are always entertaining. Now that you menton it, I wonder if I should put my Sony Bravia HDTV on game mode(if that actually makes a difference) because I did notice when I play Tekken and other fighters that I seemingly get delayed reactions sometimes, especially with blocking and execution. One thing I really need to work on in TTT2 is my side stepping, punishing and throw breaking. Side stepping just never really clicked with me in TTT2 like VF5: FS or even DOA5 for some reason.

I tried that, it did not help... It will still give you way big of a lag just because of the nature of big tv screens...

Also, SS is abit more strict in general compared to VF at least (dunno about DOA though, they said SSing is pretty useless in that game lol). Well, a good SS leads to a launch so they better not make it too easy in a way it evades everything in a long time...

Does anyone get disappointed when they fight someone in ranked that uses the same characters you do, and when the match starts, all they do are 10 hit combos?

EDIT: I guess I'll have to explain myself. I met a Berserker Slim Bob online. My thought process that emerges when I see people playing with my characters that have higher rank than me is, "I want to see how this guy plays, I want to know how what makes him a Berserker". Then he just does 10 hit combos over and over and I'm thinking "wow, so disappointed".

This happened with a Bryan too.

You are using Bryan and Bob... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? Lol

lol... If somebody got to a high rank off of Bryan's terrible 10-hit string then I say more power to em

does it even hit low at all?

They would have had a much easier time just spamming jabs, df3, and uf4. <-- That's the most disappointing Bryan IMO

dont forget that mid punch to a launcher low kick that I dont bother learning the notation. Those kind of moves are online warrior faves man...

I just gotta ask you though... did you go to practice mode just to be able to orbital King FC df1 on reaction? :p

But yeah happens to me alot... I would stay away from rank if I can only play for a short time due to it. I realize too that I need to warm up play before I get myself going...

And I don't really like respect mails. I almost never get them when I win. "That was a close one!" doesn't ease my salt.

Because of this post I will say that was a close one when I win against you... Remind me to do that everytime please...

AAK

Remember guys when going about online ranked. At this point everyone should be familiar with the abusable things people do with each character, if not it's all outlined in this video. It's all a matter of training yourself for the matchups when playing ranked. When playing a Hwoarang, always get ready to sidestep a bad flamingo transition. When playing a Law get prepared to low parry junkyards and block and properly punish dragon tails. When playing Bob's properly duck b+2,2 and get the -10fr punishes when possible. When playing Lars always sidestep the silent/dynamic entries along with ducking the mid high strings that they love to abuse.

Just play against the character and you'll do fine. Get 15th Dan and above... then you can finally see some legit play (mostly). Lag will definitely mess you up a lot, but just know that's the way it is and have fun wherever else possible.

Xevren

Remember guys when going about online ranked. At this point everyone should be familiar with the abusable things people do with each character, if not it's all outlined in this video. It's all a matter of training yourself for the matchups when playing ranked. When playing a Hwoarang, always get ready to sidestep a bad flamingo transition. When playing a Law get prepared to low parry junkyards and block and properly punish dragon tails. When playing Bob's properly duck b+2,2 and get the -10fr punishes when possible. When playing Lars always sidestep the silent/dynamic entries along with ducking the mid high strings that they love to abuse.

Just play against the character and you'll do fine. Get 15th Dan and above... then you can finally see some legit play (mostly). Lag will definitely mess you up a lot, but just know that's the way it is and have fun wherever else possible.

Oh man that vid is fantastic, thanks for posting that.

Dereck

I shall focus

igkRBMn9Zd6X7.gif

Sajjaja

Alright guys, so my copy came in the mail today! I finished the tutorial and laughed pretty hard when the Ken, Ryu and Akuma showed up at the end lol.

I figured I try a match online, why not right? lol nope. I have a lot more learning to do before I get into srs bsns tekken cause I got murdered.

Question about bounds and launchers. Are they different across characters? Combot bound was <-- + 1 but I tried it with Paul and Kazuya and I couldn't figure it out.

Help D:

Alright guys, so my copy came in the mail today! I finished the tutorial and laughed pretty hard when the Ken, Ryu and Akuma showed up at the end lol.

I figured I try a match online, why not right? lol nope. I have a lot more learning to do before I get into srs bsns tekken cause I got murdered.

Question about bounds and launchers. Are they different across characters? Combot bound was <-- + 1 but I tried it with Paul and Kazuya and I couldn't figure it out.

Help D:

Yeah they're all different per character. Launchers you'll have to discover (or look on Tekken Zaibatsu character forums like a normal person) but bounds are all properly listed in the move list with the Green box with an arrow in it.

Off the top of my head I think all of Kazuya's launchers are:

CD (crouch dash) 2 aka Wind God Fist
Electric Wind God Fist (just frame version of WGF)
f,f+3
CH (counterhit) d/f+2
u/f+4,4
WS (while standing/while rising) 1,2
WS 2
CH SS (sidestep) 4
d/f+1,4
d/f+1,2 (bounds)
1,2,4,3 (last hit as counterhit)
CH 1+2 (I think?)
DVK (Devil Kazuya) SS 2
DVK d/f+1,2
(somebody will correct me surely)

So as you can see, many many possible combo opportunities. No need to stress out learning them all at once though, just take things one at a time. I didn't put this list in any particular order of importantance or anything. And really when you're just starting out I wouldn't worry too much about combos in general either. It's more boring, but movement, punishment and defense are the real deal stuff you need to start playing well.

DEATH™

GGs Terra...

I stink... I still can't freaking break throws... And Lili is annoying to fight lol...

(And that Lili launcher man... I gotta stop panic punishing with b12...)

Overall, a bad day for me... got demoted again and I might go back to marauder...

DEATH™

Lol I just came back playing after a stressful weekend of work and exams... I kinda expected this... Besides I need to practice punishing again...

(Kinda sucks though that I am here trying to practice my tail off and I see people online getting better ranks and having much more success being aggressive and wild...)

DEATH&#8482;;93914161 said:
GGs Terra...

I stink... I still can't freaking break throws... And Lili is annoying to fight lol...

(And that Lili launcher man... I gotta stop panic punishing with b12...)

Overall, a bad day for me... got demoted again and I might go back to marauder...
GGs to you too. Was the other guy a gaffer?

Which launcher are you talking about? Some of Lili's launchers can't be b+1,2ed.

DEATH&#8482;;93916003 said:
Lol I just came back playing after a stressful weekend of work and exams... I kinda expected this... Besides I need to practice punishing again...

(Kinda sucks though that I am here trying to practice my tail off and I see people online getting better ranks and having much more success being aggressive and wild...)
If it makes you feel better, I got demoed twice back to Warrior after coming back home from school for the semester, too. You'll get your rank back.

DEATH™

GGs to you too. Was the other guy a gaffer?

Which launcher are you talking about? Some of Lili's launchers can't be b+1,2ed.
?

If it makes you feel better, I got demoed twice back to Warrior after coming back home from school for the semester, too. You'll get your rank back.

Matterhorn... I should stop panic punishing since I miss out on the damage...

Though there are many instance that I do b12 so early that it whiffs due to matterhorn still highcrushing... In my previous TV it goes right since the input lag was soooo bad. Same thing with Yoshi b2,2. The input goes early that either b12 does not come out out b+1+2 comes out... It's a good problem to have IMO...

edit also the guy is at tz I think... he added me to practice and improve...

Pachimari

I'm looking into buying the Wii U version today as well, just so more casual visitors can also have some fun with Tekken Ball, which I just NEED in my Tekken veins.

Is the Wii U version worth it? Does is "just" have Tekken Ball and Nintendo costumes as exclusive extras?

Sayah

I'm looking into buying the Wii U version today as well, just so more casual visitors can also have some fun with Tekken Ball, which I just NEED in my Tekken veins.

Is the Wii U version worth it? Does is "just" have Tekken Ball and Nintendo costumes as exclusive extras?

There is also Mushroom Battle that is exclusive to Wii U alongside with Tekken Ball and NIntendo costumes. Outside of that, the Wii U version has everything the PS3/360 versions have. The game is very heavy on content and will keep you busy for awhile but I'm sure you already know that. :p

AAK

DEATH&#8482;;93932287 said:
Sorry for dp, but this is too epic...

Is it just me.... or is her skin made of rubber or something in that pic? It's like she has Rick Flair skin:

rubberric14701.jpg
rubberflair.jpg
rubberflair18301.jpg

Those pictures are not altered in way

But still, the lighting & texture work is pretty damn amazing.

DEATH™

Is it just me.... or is her skin made of rubber or something in that pic? It's like she has Rick Flair skin:

rubberric14701.jpg
rubberflair.jpg
rubberflair18301.jpg

Those pictures are not altered in way

But still, the lighting & texture work is pretty damn amazing.

That's the goal actually... There's the reason why wrestling girls and bodybuilders are taking bottles of tanning pills. It's easier to see muscle definition on a darker skin.

(But in that case, I admit the guy did her body a bit too muscular... dude probably took a stock model from poser pro and gave that Jaycee costume... still impressive IMO. Made me wish I can take actual Art classes if I weren't broke and time-strained...)

Dereck

Since everyone is talking about rank much more now, I decided to go back on rank for 10 minutes to see how far I could get. I got Bryan to Brawler in about 11 matches. People don't know what the fuck is going on. They just throw out shit and I punish it every time. It made getting Brawler too easy. I think I'll stop here though.

Since everyone is talking about rank much more now, I decided to go back on rank for 10 minutes to see how far I could get. I got Bryan to Brawler in about 11 matches. People don't know what the fuck is going on. They just throw out shit and I punish it every time. It made getting Brawler too easy. I think I'll stop here though.

Oh, come on!

Dereck

This absolutely blows my mind. Before when I used to get promo matches, I would get nervous and fuck it up. In the last week I've gotten 4 promo matches, and I didn't give a shit. I thought, this dude is gonna be so easy, this dude ain't shit. And they weren't shit!

I was playing this Anna/Zafina team, this guy was doing all types of dumb shit. Then I fought this Jin player. I swear this dude loved get up low kicks, I low parried him all day and night. I'm thinking dude, you do realize that if you keep doing get up kicks I'm gonna keep low parrying you into the Earth's core, but he kept doing it. I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD, SON, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES SON.

Oh, come on!
Dude I got everyone into green except Slim Bob who is 7 dan. I should be trying to get Yellow but I think it would be a waste of time since I already got Forest Law to 10 dan and that exceeded my expectations for myself.

DEATH™

This absolutely blows my mind. Before when I used to get promo matches, I would get nervous and fuck it up. In the last week I've gotten 4 promo matches, and I didn't give a shit. I thought, this dude is gonna be so easy, this dude ain't shit. And they weren't shit!

I was playing this Anna/Zafina team, this guy was doing all types of dumb shit. Then I fought this Jin player. I swear this dude loved get up low kicks, I low parried him all day and night. I'm thinking dude, you do realize that if you keep doing get up kicks I'm gonna keep low parrying you into the Earth's core, but he kept doing it. I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD, SON, LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES SON.

Dude I got everyone into green except Slim Bob who is 7 dan. I should be trying to get Yellow but I think it would be a waste of time since I already got Forest Law to 10 dan and that exceeded my expectations for myself.

For some reason, I never bother low parrying getup lows... maybe the consequence of having monster oki lol...

And you should go try getting yellow ranks man... It might be frustrating at times but it always changes...

Sayah

AAK, how long did your conversion from dualshock to stick take?

Trying to learn it now and failing miserably at it, lol. I saw tutorials and was floored by how fast they were doing wavedashing. I would get carpal tunnel at that speed.

Xevren

Proud of myself. When I first started playing this it was impossible for me to do wind roll combo's with Jaycee, now it's easy as hell. Feels good man.

Top Bottom