• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Lol It's been a while since we were all in a room together... so this is just an attempt to rectify that haha. I suppose I can start the room around 8 PM EST. I'll be refreshing this thread and waiting for people to post up their PSN's if they want to join.

LOL, today was just a random day. I'll do it again and next time I'll hopefully give everyone many days notice :p

Sayah

Thanks for the comments GrayFox and Rhazer but I'm not that great. :p
I need to work on sidestepping/walking and punishing.
Tekken GAF are you guys up for a session of matches tonight?

Friday evening after 9 or so p.m. would be better for me. Can't play tonight.

AAK

I'll try to be online tomorrow night, that sounds like more people will be available. Regardless, Signing in now, anyone wants to play please post away :)

Gambit61

That was so lucky

Edit: Ugh, my internet keeps dropping. I think the weather's been messing it up since I've never had this happen for the past few years. GGs AAK/Manny! I've got some serious learninh to do lol

Manbig

That was so lucky

Edit: Ugh, my internet keeps dropping. I think the weather's been messing it up since I've never had this happen for the past few years. GGs AAK/Manny! I've got some serious learninh to do lol

Good games to you, Boutdown, AAK, and Famicom! I didn't see you play enough to give you any meaningful advice, but if we ever get a longer session in, I'll be sure to share any input if you want.

Also, thank you AAK for mentioning my little Marduk sort of tutorial. Here it is for you since you were interested:

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/manny_biggz/c/2347279
Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/manny_biggz/c/2347204
Part 3: http://www.twitch.tv/manny_biggz/c/2347286

Glad to see that you guys fall for 1,2 on block into VTS a whole lot less, so I actually have to think when I use that string. You just gotta launch that blocked VTS low AAK. Even Steve can get a launch in that situation.

Gambit61

Good games to you, Boutdown, AAK, and Famicom! I didn't see you play enough to give you any meaningful advice, but if we ever get a longer session in, I'll be sure to share any input if you want.

Also, thank you AAK for mentioning my little Marduk sort of tutorial. Here it is for you since you were interested:

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/manny_biggz/c/2347279
Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/manny_biggz/c/2347204
Part 3: http://www.twitch.tv/manny_biggz/c/2347286

Glad to see that you guys fall for 1,2 on block into VTS a whole lot less, so I actually have to think when I use that string. You just gotta launch that blocked VTS low AAK. Even Steve can get a launch in that situation.

Thanks!, I'll check these out asap. Hopefully my internet stops acting up.

Piccoro

So I finally purchased this game last night. Huge Tekken fan since the 1st one on Arcades.
And OMG!!! I HATE myself for waiting so long to play this, and SCREW that Revolution. The matches are way more intense than that f2p crap. And the TAG mechanics, OMG!...

GrayFoxPL

So I finally purchased this game last night. Huge Tekken fan since the 1st one on Arcades.
And OMG!!! I HATE myself for waiting so long to play this, and SCREW that Revolution. The matches are way more intense than that f2p crap. And the TAG mechanics, OMG!...

Great! GAF Tekken army rises!

Raven-Paul team started doing some work! I'm starting to feel the flow. Need to work on my Paul, seems I forgot my T6 Paul jf timing, I used to hit demo man every time. And I must work on sidestep-deathfist, should be done in least frames possible, now I'm too slow.

Great chicken!

Btw I hope next Tekken there be more ego pleasing when you win match online. Game telling you: "You're the fucking man, man!" or when you lose: "He was lagging, don't worry. You'll get him next time!"

I'd also like small presents, not like now where money system is broken and you can buy everything after few fights, but like every 1000 wins you get unique artwork from art designers. Little things.

AAK shoutouts to your Captain Planet and Luffy outfits! That was a really funt set last night. Too bad all my controllers are messed up though. So many random b+1's and dropped savage stance combos =(

GrayFoxPL

Are you playing again tonight? Please don't make it too late, it's 10 PM now, here in Germany^^

There's 8 hour difference, they play way way after midnight of our time.

I only played Boutdown with others when he called me on psn around 15.00-16.00, so that's a morning in US. I'm assuming a session before work.

sasuke_91

There's 8 hour difference, they play way way after midnight of our time.

I only played Boutdown with others when he called me on psn around 15.00-16.00, so that's a morning in US. I'm assuming a session before work.

Aah, you're right.
Tommrow's a Saturday, so a session in the morning (in our case, afternoon) wouldn't be bad, would it?^^

Sayah

Are you playing again tonight? Please don't make it too late, it's 10 PM now, here in Germany^^

I would play earlier but it seems I might be getting home to my PS3 late tonight. :/

I was planning on 9 p.m. est but I don't even know about that now. Though, Saturday afternoon would work for me.

DEATH™

Welcome to REAL TEKKEN. Its Tekken at its purest form.

Btw I hope next Tekken there be more ego pleasing when you win match online. Game telling you: "You're the fucking man, man!" or when you lose: "He was lagging, don't worry. You'll get him next time!".

I think this is the only change that Tekken 7 needs. Instant 10 million copies sold.

GrayFoxPL

Did
ibqlIq3rfxX8we.gif

to Boutdown on 1 bar connection. Teehee.

To be honest this move is in since T5 or DR but I never used it. By never I mean this was the first time I attempted it at all. Must use it more to make shit safe(er) when people start to punish back turn setups. (In 7 years ;P)

AAK

GGs Sasuke! You chose to play 2 really challenging characters! Especially Steve. They have really high execution barriers and they have a lot of utilities for their vast moveset. But the first thing you have to focus on is to stop whiffing moves in front of me. It was all to easy to just dash in after your whiff and launch you. But GG's!

Did
ibqlIq3rfxX8we.gif

To be honest this move is in since T5 or DR but I never used it. By never I mean this was the first time I attempted it at all. Must use it more to make shit safe(er) when people start to punish back turn setups. (In 7 years ;P)

LOL, I land this counter loads of times when people are late in punishing qcf+4. I feel using his b+2+4 counter is even more cool to look at haha.

GrayFoxPL

LOL, I land this counter loads of times when people are late in punishing qcf+4. I feel using his b+2+4 counter is even more cool to look at haha.

I've seen this in old T5/DR vids, always counter after qcf+4. I do qcf+4 from max range, then b+2,3 for ch launch if it whiffs or blocked.

Btw, can you get anything after backturned 1+2? I only get db+4 :p

At what point can I play a fighting game with other people across the country with no lag?

I've had some infrequent instances of very playable matches with Japan and Europe in SCV, BlazBlue and VF5. Must've been luck. I hear that KI is playable across countries also. Maybe this gen they'll get it right....

sasuke_91

GGs Sasuke! You chose to play 2 really challenging characters! Especially Steve. They have really high execution barriers and they have a lot of utilities for their vast moveset. But the first thing you have to focus on is to stop whiffing moves in front of me. It was all to easy to just dash in after your whiff and launch you. But GG's!
Thanks, I'll try to remember that :)
By challenging characters you mean Hwo+Steve?
You did some insane combos with Hwoarang!

At what point can I play a fighting game with other people across the country with no lag?
It would be great if this wasn't an issue anymore in T7. I really have to get used to the input lag! Had a hard time trying to not just switch between Left + Right Flamingo with Hwoarang and did db+2 with Steve a bit more often than I intended to^^

GGs AAK and boutdown!

Yagami_Sama

I have been playing this for quite a while on my Wii U and I still to noob.

Tekken always interested me, but never appeared in any of my Nintendo consoles, excluding the GBA version.

Move from KOF to Tekken was quite a shock.

I found awesome tutorials here.

I hope I improve a little.

braves01

Banned
Kudos to Namco for even porting the game to support the Wii U.

It's a pretty great port, too, all things considered.

+ All the offline content of the PS3/360 versions

+ Nintendo costumes (the reason I got into Tekken/FGC at all, tbh. That ridiculous gif of Panda in a Peach outfit slayed me)

+ Tekken Ball and Mushroom Battle (I'm honestly a little surprised Tekken Ball hasn't made it over to the other platforms yet)

+ Near parity in terms of performance with PS3/360

- Missing effects which are minor

- No true Tekken Tunes, which is probably due to Nintendo

Manbig

Tekken always interested me, but never appeared in any of my Nintendo consoles, excluding the GBA version.

Well I do have the Wii U version, but I play like absolute garbage on that control. If the Wii U version has online training mode though, then I'm down to share some knowledge if you want.

On another note, it sucks that just as my Tekken interest is slightly rekindled I move on to my toughest and most time demanding semester yet.

Sayah

I have the game on Wii U. I just need an actual Wii U to play it, lol.

It's a pretty great port, too, all things considered.

+ All the offline content of the PS3/360 versions

+ Nintendo costumes (the reason I got into Tekken/FGC at all, tbh. That ridiculous gif of Panda in a Peach outfit slayed me)

+ Tekken Ball and Mushroom Battle (I'm honestly a little surprised Tekken Ball hasn't made it over to the other platforms yet)

+ Near parity in terms of performance with PS3/360

- Missing effects which are minor

- No true Tekken Tunes, which is probably due to Nintendo

Yeah, I would like Tekken Ball on PS3/360 but one year later, I doubt it's ever coming.

Thanks for the comments GrayFox and Rhazer but I'm not that great. :p
I need to work on sidestepping/walking and punishing.

Well, your Nina and Anna leaderboards rank say otherwise. Take a look at it. Congratulations man. :p

Yeah, I got to work on sidestepping and walking also. Honestly, the sidestepping still does not click with me in this game. It's like no matter when I attempt to sidestep, the moves track me literally everytime.

Did
ibqlIq3rfxX8we.gif

Nice. I really got to work on my familiarity with Raven as well as many other characters. Is it pitiful that I never even seen that move before and I fight Raven players a decent amount of times.

DEATH™

Ggs aak and bout...

aak, first, tell that guy who uses feng and pachi that I will beat him... is feng ss punch punishable?

and I choke alot... my movement is off too... I am actually hoping for you to pick jc hwo as I reseached hwo for a bit. Practicing new stuff makes me forget about the stuff I should do...

(Its hard to practice playing with wavedashes in this game... online people are so yolo lol)

and bout, stop mashing 2 break this time... I realized that on the first multi lol...

Seems like everyone just wants to backdash and spam long range, relatively safe launchers (Lili cartwheel, Hei ff+2, Law ff+4,3, EWGF etc.). I just don't know how to deal with it. If I move forward, I get hit in the face. If I don't, I'll whiff and get punished.

Dereck

Seems like everyone just wants to backdash and spam long range, relatively safe launchers (Lili cartwheel, Hei ff+2, Law ff+4,3, EWGF etc.). I just don't know how to deal with it. If I move forward, I get hit in the face. If I don't, I'll whiff and get punished.
Spacing

It happens to me too, I think the point is to just wait for them to attack first before doing anything since those moves crush like crazy.

Spacing

It happens to me too, I think the point is to just wait for them to attack first before doing anything since those moves crush like crazy.

I try to bait a whiff myself but it never seems to work. That's when I get impatient and end up doing something stupid.

I guess I just don't understand movement in general.

I try to bait a whiff myself but it never seems to work. That's when I get impatient and end up doing something stupid.

I guess I just don't understand movement in general.

Beating backdashers is tricky, especially online. You basically have to commit yourself to playing a game of chicken. Get closer and closer till you reach the range where they want to push something and just hold back. You'll mess up a lot and probably lose a lot practicing this, but it's super important. If you block something punishable, punish it. If you didn't block it at all and they just whiffed, know what your best options are and punish that. If they whiffed a jab or something quick you have to resist the temptation to go in, because they'll probably hopkick. If they're really not going to press anything until you do, then it's time to break out the lows and throws.

The cool thing is you only have to do this until you get a life lead, then YOU can backdash all day and really teach them how it feels. But yeah, all this is core fundamental footsies and movement.

DEATH™

Just like bout said, wait...

About Lili df3+4, its nice to know that Lili's homing moves stink, So I can go SS most of the time and I can shut down most of her options, including df+3+4.

Heihachi ff2 is annoying though, and its hard to punish. My complaint though is Heihachi's weakness is lacking a meaty low, and now he got db2. Makes all of his mids annoying...

Law ff4,3? That move is punishable, so is most of law's moveset.

About EWGF, you can fuzzy crouch when forward dashing to reduce your risk.

How do I close in on someone without getting too close, also while blocking?

Tekken can be annoying

This actually describe my philosophy when playing King. One of the reasons I think he is pretty underrated. He got good set of tools that has good range, and he also got insanely safe pokes inside. My goal is to make people realize that I can hit you anywhere.

My problem though is I break down in pressure, hence being a choke artist... I seriously don't know how to fix it...

AAK

DEATH™;98710247 said:
Ggs aak and bout...

aak, first, tell that guy who uses feng and pachi that I will beat him... is feng ss punch punishable?

and I choke alot... my movement is off too... I am actually hoping for you to pick jc hwo as I reseached hwo for a bit. Practicing new stuff makes me forget about the stuff I should do...

He's an old school Montreal player. He doesn't practice anymore and just overwhelms you with 2 cheap characters :p. u/f+2 with Feng is -10, but because of the pushback I think only Jack can punish it.

I'm actually not enjoying playing my main team as much these days, so I'm playing around with a lot of other teams. I'm actually having an insane amount of fun trying to learn Steve, but it will be a while before I'm aware of how to play him and getting the execution down to do his duck cancels. I just picked up Jack after watching Anakin at KiT, man was that mesmerizing.

This is more of the case where you are having trouble with a certain move rather than the spacing. If you're playing the game and you know what your opponent is going to do then always play to the disadvantage of that move. In a real spacing battle where you're not sure what move will come out, that's a bit more challenging. Online lag will make it a frustrating process too. Heihacih's f,f+2 is probably the best move online because of that.

Yagami_Sama

I enjoying playing with Lili and Kunimitsu. But I feel that they are not a good duo.

I like Lili style, their acrobatic moves are pretty nice and Kunimitsu it is a NInja :3

But I am still terrible in doing tag combos..

Hey TekkenGAF, I just got this game in the mail today and I have no previous Tekken experience. Any suggestions on how to get started, what characters to focus on, etc?

Edit: I guess reading the OP would be a good place to start, lots of helpful info there. I'd still welcome any tips or suggestions though!

AAK

Hey TekkenGAF, I just got this game in the mail today and I have no previous Tekken experience. Any suggestions on how to get started, what characters to focus on, etc?

Edit: I guess reading the OP would be a good place to start, lots of helpful info there. I'd still welcome any tips or suggestions though!

You on PSN? I don't mind giving you a rundown of the game using the online practice mode. I have headset as well. so I don't mind running you through the basics of everything :)

But yeah I did post some things in the OP to help beginners. Feel free to check it out and post up if you have any questions. Any character is ok to start as a beginner. But once you get to the intermediate level where you understand how things work that you may want a simpler character that demands less execution. But the most important thing is to have fun so I say choose whoever you want.

Top Bottom