• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Please set connection requirements next time so players from Britain, France, and Netherlands won't join.

Your stream is down too?

Dereck

Why would anyone in Tekken history ever decide to do Alisa's b4,4 outside of a combo? It might just be the worst move in the game.

GrayFoxPL

Sasuke upgraded greatly - much respect.

Good games man. I felt like my Steve was useless against you. Nothing worked. You got great defense now, earlier you weren't blocking much, now it's hard for me to connect anything. Now You also got consistent combos that were demolishing my lifebars. I gotta upgrade too.

I was dropping combos left and right today, I think it's Steve's fault, I'm dropping everything because of him even if he's not on the team. :p.

It was mad funny when we're both going for electrics and down 2s came out all the time. :D

Kazuya and Jin in fierce battle of crouch dash d+2 - " Oh those guys are really going all out!" - Too good XD.

sasuke_91

Sasuke upgraded greatly - much respect.

Good games man. I felt like my Steve was useless against you. Nothing worked. You got great defense now, earlier you weren't blocking much, now it's hard for me to connect anything. Now You also got consistent combos that were demolishing my lifebars. I gotta upgrade too.

I was dropping combos left and right today, I think it's Steve's fault, I'm dropping everything because of him even if he's not on the team. :p.

Woah, thanks. I really appreciate this, especially coming from you since you're the first one I played with when I joined Tekken-GAF. I got a lot better since then thanks to you guys, and I'm glad that people notice.

I was actually really afraid of Steve's Peek-a-boo. His punches come really fast and you never know from which direction he will hit you. I normally try to crouch grabs, because I'm really bad at throw-breaking, but Steve's combos are way too dangerous and you never know when he'll grab you. That's why I tried to throw punches at you whenever I saw the opportunity.
You still destroyed me 8 or 9 times in a row at some point, so there's a long way to go for me :p

It was mad funny when we're both going for electrics and down 2s came out all the time. :D

Kazuya and Jin in fierce battle of crouch dash d+2 - " Oh those guys are really going all out!" - Too good XD.

Hahaha thaat was weird. Two guys standing in front of each other, nobody manages to do anything and all you see is random punches^^
That last fight was intense though. Really great.

GrayFoxPL

Woah, thanks. I really appreciate this, especially coming from you since you're the first one I played with when I joined Tekken-GAF. I got a lot better since then thanks to you guys, and I'm glad that people notice.

I was actually really afraid of Steve's Peek-a-boo. His punches come really fast and you never know from which direction he will hit you. I normally try to crouch grabs, because I'm really bad at throw-breaking, but Steve's combos are way too dangerous and you never know when he'll grab you. That's why I tried to throw punches at you whenever I saw the opportunity.
You still destroyed me 8 or 9 times in a row at some point, so there's a long way to go for me :p

Hahaha thaat was weird. Two guys standing in front of each other, nobody manages to do anything and all you see is random punches^^
That last fight was intense though. Really great.

Haha, yeah. At the last fight I tried desperation unblockable. When I saw you tag I though it'll hit your upcoming character but no, you stopped me with d+1 just before hit and time ended. That was risky and I thought you'd panic in this chaos but you didn't, that was great.

AAK

So I decided to buy Julia on Tekken Revolution. OH MY GOD is it hard to land her burning hammer without bound or Tag assault. Way harder than King/Armor King's.... and it does less damage too!

DEATH™

So I decided to buy Julia on Tekken Revolution. OH MY GOD is it hard to land her burning hammer without bound or Tag assault. Way harder than King/Armor King's.... and it does less damage too!

And then people tell me bound makes the game hard lol

Those people in DR were legit... jab iSWs are insanely hard. At least King and AK's hands are big... with that I think julia air iSW would be used less unless it's in the wall (and even then, she'll just use Iron mountain instead)... It doesn't have any damage and oki advantages over king's...

We are gonna have a rude awakening lol...

fatalexe

Hi, new to GAF member here and this is my first post on GAF.

I live in Asia and started playing the Tekken series after trying out Tekken Revolution. I had so much fun with it, the graphics, 60fps gameplay, awesome hit sparks and feel made me fall in love with it.

Started out as a Kazuya, spamming invincibles until I reached the green ranks, then the competition got harder, and I had to start looking up guides online. Found a combo video my TheMainMan and started to emulate him, doing EWGFs in just a few weeks and backdash cancelling along with wavedashes.

I still relied on invincibles whenever the pressure game is high and as a result I somehow managed to get to Destroyer rank. Tried to find high level plays on Youtube but I can only find TTT2 vids. Wow, tag combos look awesome! So I went on PSN to buy TTT2 and thought I would love it.

Boy oh boy was I wrong. Instantly I was demolished in my first match against a (!)2000win 3000lose player. No invincibles to rely on, I realized my execution wasn't good at all. Tried to adapt to this game's way of playing, relearning safe pokes and stuff.

Fast forward 3 months, I am STILL stuck at 1st dan with 70 wins and 140 losses. I don't get it, why do I still get destroyed every match? I try to play properly doing mixups and stuff, but somehow annoying "mixup lows" spam somehow hits me a few times with CH and rage and all my effort is gone.

People on the gamefaqs board love to insult me because I came from Revolution, and told me to suck it up and get back to Revolution because I'm bad and hardcore games is not for noobs like me. ugh. what a hostile forum.

I main Kazuya/Miguel.. perhaps I'm just not talented enough to reach higher ranks. I love the game but hate all the "spam". One launcher and I get carried to the wall with a full wall combo.

I also broke one of my PS3 pad doing too much EWGFs which didn't help my rank. Currently thinking of whether to buy a stick, looking at a used Qanba Q4 at MYR300(USD 90~) but its a huge amount of money for me as I'm still a student. With a stick I can play in the arcades though, I can't play for shit in the arcades because I don't know how to use a stick.

I just feel depressed seeing my 19% win ratio and hearing "You Lose" day after day for weeks because I spend so much time watching tournaments and guides for such a long time but I'm still a lowly 1 Dan player. or maybe Asians are just too good in the game for me to handle.

Maybe I entered the game too late and all the newbies left and now the low ranks are filled with alt account players. Strangely I feel like I perform better against higher ranked players when I put no restrictions in the search filter.. less spam to deal with.

I live in Malaysia btw and player matches are dead here so I only play ranked games.

My PSN name is fatalexe so if anyone from Asia/South east asia wants to add me, please do. I get 3 bars against Japanese players(playable but slight lag spikes sometimes).

Stop playing Ranked when you're trying to learn the game.

That's like the easiest way to make yourself upset with the game and you get discouraged in the process.

People in ranked play(earlier ranks mind you).....pragmatically. Meaning they'll just do whatever works until you stop it from working. Its best to mess around in Player matches until you get a better hang of the game.

Edit: No player matches? Oh well....ouch......idk what to say. I hope you find people that you can play.

You're right about entering TTT2 too late, console release was over a year ago (all the non dedicated 'flavour of the month' players left a long time ago) leaving a large batch of OGs that have been playing the game and learning it for awhile. Even longer if they're arcade players - certainly a lot longer then the 3 months you mentioned.

When it comes to learning TTT2, it's a lot more easier to focus on the little things, 'step by step' that the opponents you fight overwhelm you with. The wins in TTT2 don't come so easy so generally it's much more easier if you focus beating the 'low mixup spam' in the games then winning the entire matches themselves, getting a high rank or having a good win ratio. (Ranks are just there to give the feeling of progression and w/l ratio was a dumb idea that Harada probably took wholesale from Call of Duty. You can tell when even the best players in the world average around at ..... 50,60 ~ 70% or even have them hidden that it was a dumb idea.)

Anyways like I mentioned, don't worry about getting the wins at first and focus on beating the dumb online spam you keep losing too. If you can successfully identify something in a match that you might have lost to before but later figured out and appropriately countered, that is way more useful then winning a match in some cases.

The gradual learning process of figuring out an opponent character's movelist and doing the best you can do to deal with it will allow you build a good defense which is vital to being good at the game. There's even videos online or you can ask us which characters give you the most trouble to streamline the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0gQUWRLNGk
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFZc928BhIg38OQCsmBARwmY_Js1N0q5U
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB9JCH7VhDaP4HCmTXlTp4Q/videos

When you get to fight better players on occasion, yeah you do get the feeling like you can perform better against them because they'll generally tend to respect you in the match more and not throw out all the dumb stuff.

I'll try adding you the next time I'm on, hope the connection from Australia to Malaysia works out. :p

Oh and fuck Gamefaqs. Just an awful place in general.

Sayah

I live in Asia and started playing the Tekken series after trying out Tekken Revolution. I had so much fun with it, the graphics, 60fps gameplay, awesome hit sparks and feel made me fall in love with it.

Started out as a Kazuya, spamming invincibles until I reached the green ranks, then the competition got harder, and I had to start looking up guides online. Found a combo video my TheMainMan and started to emulate him, doing EWGFs in just a few weeks and backdash cancelling along with wavedashes.

I still relied on invincibles whenever the pressure game is high and as a result I somehow managed to get to Destroyer rank. Tried to find high level plays on Youtube but I can only find TTT2 vids. Wow, tag combos look awesome! So I went on PSN to buy TTT2 and thought I would love it.

Boy oh boy was I wrong. Instantly I was demolished in my first match against a (!)2000win 3000lose player. No invincibles to rely on, I realized my execution wasn't good at all. Tried to adapt to this game's way of playing, relearning safe pokes and stuff.

Fast forward 3 months, I am STILL stuck at 1st dan with 70 wins and 140 losses. I don't get it, why do I still get destroyed every match? I try to play properly doing mixups and stuff, but somehow annoying "mixup lows" spam somehow hits me a few times with CH and rage and all my effort is gone.

People on the gamefaqs board love to insult me because I came from Revolution, and told me to suck it up and get back to Revolution because I'm bad and hardcore games is not for noobs like me. ugh. what a hostile forum.

I main Kazuya/Miguel.. perhaps I'm just not talented enough to reach higher ranks. I love the game but hate all the "spam". One launcher and I get carried to the wall with a full wall combo.

I also broke one of my PS3 pad doing too much EWGFs which didn't help my rank. Currently thinking of whether to buy a stick, looking at a used Qanba Q4 at MYR300(USD 90~) but its a huge amount of money for me as I'm still a student. With a stick I can play in the arcades though, I can't play for shit in the arcades because I don't know how to use a stick.

I just feel depressed seeing my 19% win ratio and hearing "You Lose" day after day for weeks because I spend so much time watching tournaments and guides for such a long time but I'm still a lowly 1 Dan player. or maybe Asians are just too good in the game for me to handle.

Maybe I entered the game too late and all the newbies left and now the low ranks are filled with alt account players. Strangely I feel like I perform better against higher ranked players when I put no restrictions in the search filter.. less spam to deal with.

I live in Malaysia btw and player matches are dead here so I only play ranked games.

My PSN name is fatalexe so if anyone from Asia/South east asia wants to add me, please do. I get 3 bars against Japanese players(playable but slight lag spikes sometimes).
It's definitely harder to rank up in TTT2. Do not worry about your rank or your win/loss ratio. These are the ways I can provide help on my end.

1. Do an online training session wiyh you using Miguel and Kazuya. I do not use Miguel and will have to familiarize myself with his command list but that shouldn't take long.

I generally have playable connections with Japan and surrounding areas so it should work out fine.

2. I can make a combo video using Kazuya/Miguel.

I am hardly the expert player but I can hold up well against competition when I'm not fooling around.

Add me on PSN: roxen91

I am only usually online Friday and Saturday evenings Eastern time. Make sure friend request says you're from neogaf or I probably won't accept. :p

DEATH™

What helped me go over the hump of dan ranks was to always focus on movement and whiff punishing. It doesn't matter what they try to throw against me if it cannot reach me. Once you learned how to move around and "whiff punish" (the art of hitting your opponent when they miss an attack) and you can easily control the match, and learning the game would be easier and it's easier too to try to read your opponent and anticipate what they are trying to do...

fatalexe

Stop playing Ranked when you're trying to learn the game.

That's like the easiest way to make yourself upset with the game and you get discouraged in the process.

Edit: No player matches? Oh well....ouch......idk what to say. I hope you find people that you can play.
Thanks for the suggestion and advice. I try and join the occasional player match I find but they always kick me out, probably because of my low rank.

You're right about entering TTT2 too late, console release was over a year ago (all the non dedicated 'flavour of the month' players left a long time ago) leaving a large batch of OGs that have been playing the game and learning it for awhile. Even longer if they're arcade players - certainly a lot longer then the 3 months you mentioned.

The gradual learning process of figuring out an opponent character's movelist and doing the best you can do to deal with it will allow you build a good defense which is vital to being good at the game. There's even videos online or you can ask us which characters give you the most trouble to streamline the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0gQUWRLNGk
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFZc928BhIg38OQCsmBARwmY_Js1N0q5U
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB9JCH7VhDaP4HCmTXlTp4Q/videos

When you get to fight better players on occasion, yeah you do get the feeling like you can perform better against them because they'll generally tend to respect you in the match more and not throw out all the dumb stuff.

I'll try adding you the next time I'm on, hope the connection from Australia to Malaysia works out. :p

Oh and fuck Gamefaqs. Just an awful place in general.
Wow, thanks for that video! It features Kazuya and is so comprehensive.. I actually saw that vid before but didn't click it because of it's thumbnail haha. Will watch and memorize the punishes.

I actually tried to post here for months, I registered a long time ago but only got approved recently.. will not return there anymore except to get walkthroughs. Will wait for your friend request.

It's definitely harder to rank up in TTT2. Do not worry about your rank or your win/loss ratio. These are the ways I can provide help on my end.

1. Do an online training session wiyh you using Miguel and Kazuya. I do not use Miguel and will have to familiarize myself with his command list but that shouldn't take long.

I generally have playable connections with Japan and surrounding areas so it should work out fine.

2. I can make a combo video using Kazuya/Miguel.

I am hardly the expert player but I can hold up well against competition when I'm not fooling around.

Add me on PSN: roxen91

I am only usually online Friday and Saturday evenings Eastern time. Make sure friend request says you're from neogaf or I probably won't accept. :p
Thank you for your kindness. I know the solo juggles for both of them, but I can't find an optimal Tag Assault using Miguel. Not sure which move to use after bound with Kazuya, hellsweep whiffs for unknown reasons so I just do his df1,4 into Miguel's running 3 but the damage isn't high. I don't know the best options for wall splats either.

Will add you when I have time to play.

DEATH™;106446392 said:
What helped me go over the hump of dan ranks was to always focus on movement and whiff punishing
... and anticipate what they are trying to do...

I actually did whiff punishing in Tekken Revolution, but I'm having trouble here in Tag 2.

Is it just me or the gameplay in Revolution is smoother? Every move seems easier and the inputs are easier too. Isn't both games 60fps?

Sayah

WTF. lol

Thank you for your kindness. I know the solo juggles for both of them, but I can't find an optimal Tag Assault using Miguel. Not sure which move to use after bound with Kazuya, hellsweep whiffs for unknown reasons so I just do his df1,4 into Miguel's running 3 but the damage isn't high. I don't know the best options for wall splats either.

Will add you when I have time to play.

Miguel is probably one of the better tag assault characters to have. I'm pretty sure he's up there with Nina, Anna, Leo, and Alisa.

Is it just me or the gameplay in Revolution is smoother? Every move seems easier and the inputs are easier too. Isn't both games 60fps?

It's purposefully made easier in Tekken Revolution. There is more leniency on the inputs whereas the timing has to be more precise (and is harder) in TTT2.
I can do demoman easily in matches in Revolution. In contrast, I suck with it in TTT2.

TThank you for your kindness. I know the solo juggles for both of them, but I can't find an optimal Tag Assault using Miguel. Not sure which move to use after bound with Kazuya, hellsweep whiffs for unknown reasons so I just do his df1,4 into Miguel's running 3 but the damage isn't high. I don't know the best options for wall splats either.

I cooked up some combos for Mig/Kaz since one is my main and the other is a dream. You say you've been playing for a bit so I assume you're familiar with the notation terminology. If not you can check here or just ask us for clarifications.

Kazuya: EGWF~5 Miguel: d/f+1~f, d/f+1, d/f+4,1~f, 2 TA! Kazuya: CD4,1 Miguel: f,f+2,2 (99 dmg)

This one is pretty staple and very good damage. Easy stuff if you're comfortable with Savage Stance transitions. If you're not you should be! It's a big part of Miguel's combos.

Kazuya: EGWF, EGWF, d/f+1,2 TA! Miguel: 3+4 (Savage Stance), d/f+1~f, 1,2,1 Kazuya: CD3 (96 dmg)

Getting higher damage while leaving Kazuya in seems like it requires a bit more work with this team. There are a lot of ways to make this one easier and less damage, but why settle for less when the first one above is already easier and does more damage. One note about this combo, only one EGWF is required. Either can be a regular WGF and it can still connect.

DVK: d/f+1,2, b+2,4, d/b+2 TA! Miguel: d/f+4,1~f, 1,2,1 DVK: 1+2 (91 dmg)

DVK: d/f+1,2~5 Miguel: d/f+1~f, d/f+1, d/f+4,1~f, 2 B! (dash) d/f+1, f,f+2,2 (83 red life dmg)

Landing EGWFs (or even WGFs sometimes) is tough when starting out. Devil Kazuya helps solve this issue by giving you a 15 frame tag bufferable launcher in d/f+1,2. Lean on it as much as you need to. On the second combo, you can replace Miguel's ender with d/f+4,1,1 for easier execution and 1 less damage.

DVK: EGWF, EGWF, 1, d/b+2 TA! Miguel: d/f+4,1~f, 1,2,1 DVK: 1+2 (97 dmg)

EGWF variation of the previous DVK combo. For some shenanigans you can replace the 1+2 laser ender with a 3+4 laser. It won't combo officially but it will hit them grounded for more damage, and will also hit tags and tag crashes.

Miguel: d/f+2,1, d/f+1~f, d/f+1, d/f+4,1~f, 2 TA! Kazuya: CD4,1 Miguel: f,f+2,2 (94 dmg)

Miguel: d/f+2,1~5 Kazuya: 3,1,4, d/b+2 B! CD4,1 (72 red life dmg)

Kazuya: EGWF~5 Miguel: d/f+1~f, d/f+1, d/f+4,1~f, 2 B! (dash) d/f+1, f,f+2,1 (87 red life dmg)

DVK: d/f+1,2, 3,1,4, d/b+2 TA! Miguel: f,f+2,2 DVK: CD3 (84 dmg)

Some additional combos just to show how interchangable a lot of the parts are. Cool thing about Tekken, once you learn your staple fillers you can apply them to many more situations to help ease the learning experience.

For wall stuff, with Miguel you're typically splatting with b+4 or d+1+2, and on rare occasions u/f+1, f+2+3, SAV u/f+3. f+4,2 if you're brave. I keep my wall bounds simple with a d+2, but a SAV 2 is better if you've got quick hands. u/f+1, d/f+2,2 and b+2,2 are more rewarding but much more situational. With Kaz I typically see people splatting with CD4,1 hellsweep (at the proper angle) and his b+1+4 unblockable. A bunch of things work (f,f+1+2 throw, EGWF, f,f+2, b+1,2, b+4,1, etc), you just gotta know. d/b+2 is the most consistent bound, d/f+1,2 can work with the right splat. A couple non-thorough but decent examples I came up with:

Miguel: d1+2 W! d+2 TA! Kazuya: 1,2,4,3 Miguel: d/f+1,2 (97 dmg)

Kazuya: b+1+4 W! d/f+1,2 TA! Miguel: f+4,2 Kazuya b+3,1,4,3 (96 dmg)

That should be enough to chew on in practice mode for a bit.

CSX

Just want to mention that landing the ff22 as an ender for miguel can take some pratice since it can be picky with distance and angle for that team.

pratice with

Mig : uf4 ; 1,2 ;1,2 ;d2 !TA ; Kaz: cd41 ; Mig : f22

you can always replace it with f2+3 like me :D. You lose 3 pts of dmg i think but you dont have to worry about the dashing in.

Now back to schoolwork lol

fatalexe

I cooked up some combos for Mig/Kaz since one is my main and the other is a dream. You say you've been playing for a bit so I assume you're familiar with the notation terminology. If not you can check here or just ask us for clarifications.

This one is pretty staple and very good damage. Easy stuff if you're comfortable with Savage Stance transitions. If you're not you should be! It's a big part of Miguel's combos.

Getting higher damage while leaving Kazuya in seems like it requires a bit more work with this team. There are a lot of ways to make this one easier and less damage, but why settle for less when the first one above is already easier and does more damage. One note about this combo, only one EGWF is required. Either can be a regular WGF and it can still connect.

Landing EGWFs (or even WGFs sometimes) is tough when starting out. Devil Kazuya helps solve this issue by giving you a 15 frame tag bufferable launcher in d/f+1,2. Lean on it as much as you need to. On the second combo, you can replace Miguel's ender with d/f+4,1,1 for easier execution and 1 less damage.

EGWF variation of the previous DVK combo. For some shenanigans you can replace the 1+2 laser ender with a 3+4 laser. It won't combo officially but it will hit them grounded for more damage, and will also hit tags and tag crashes.

Some additional combos just to show how interchangable a lot of the parts are. Cool thing about Tekken, once you learn your staple fillers you can apply them to many more situations to help ease the learning experience.

For wall stuff, with Miguel you're typically splatting with b+4 or d+1+2, and on rare occasions u/f+1, f+2+3, SAV u/f+3. f+4,2 if you're brave. I keep my wall bounds simple with a d+2, but a SAV 2 is better if you've got quick hands. u/f+1, d/f+2,2 and b+2,2 are more rewarding but much more situational. With Kaz I typically see people splatting with CD4,1 hellsweep (at the proper angle) and his b+1+4 unblockable. A bunch of things work (f,f+1+2 throw, EGWF, f,f+2, b+1,2, b+4,1, etc), you just gotta know. d/b+2 is the most consistent bound, d/f+1,2 can work with the right splat. A couple non-thorough but decent examples I came up with:

That should be enough to chew on in practice mode for a bit.

Just want to mention that landing the ff22 as an ender for miguel can take some pratice since it can be picky with distance and angle for that team.

pratice with

Mig : uf4 ; 1,2 ;1,2 ;d2 !TA ; Kaz: cd41 ; Mig : f22

you can always replace it with f2+3 like me :D. You lose 3 pts of dmg i think but you dont have to worry about the dashing in.

Now back to schoolwork lol

Thanks guys. Appreciate it very much. I didn't know Kaz's ff1+2 throw wall splats!
OK. Now I have no problems with starting Kaz and TA with Mig. I usually use EWGF, EWGF, db2~5 TA, mig: df1,1, SAV f1,2,1, kaz CD3/CD41.

But with Mig, I am having problems with this string...
Mig: uf4/df2,1, df1, SAV df1, df4,1, d2~5/df2,2~5 TA, Kaz CD4,1....

I can't land the CD4,1... after the CD4 hits, the opponent flies away too far for the 1 to hit so it whiffs... what gives? I temporarily use df1,4 for now but I think the damage is lower.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it very much. I didn't know Kaz's ff1+2 throw wall splats!
OK. Now I have no problems with starting Kaz and TA with Mig. I usually use EWGF, EWGF, db2~5 TA, mig: df1,1, SAV f1,2,1, kaz CD3/CD41.

But with Mig, I am having problems with this string...
Mig: uf4/df2,1, df1, SAV df1, df4,1, d2~5/df2,2~5 TA, Kaz CD4,1....

I can't land the CD4,1... after the CD4 hits, the opponent flies away too far for the 1 to hit so it whiffs... what gives? I temporarily use df1,4 for now but I think the damage is lower.

Bounding with Miguel's d/f+2,2 tends to add too many hits to your combo which is what causes the hellsweep to whiff. Bounding on the sixth hit or less should guarantee the hellsweep will connect (d/f+2,1 launcher only counts as "one" hit despite being two because the first hit is a grounded hit and not an air juggle). You definitely want to be using SAV 2 or d+2 as a bound with this team for tag assaults.

One other thing: you either want to wait a tiny bit or side step left before executing the hellsweep. If you don't let the opponent fall into it a bit it will whiff for sure.

Some of the old Tekken games had it where you can use a Game Genie(cheat device) or device that alters game mechanics or adds cheats into games that made them do strange or funny things. Tekken had something where you can use any particular fighting style with any characters. For example, I can make Nina or Anna fight like Jin or King from the stance, animation and move set. Sometimes it did deform their appearance a little though. I am not sure how they accomplished this for TTT2 though. Very interesting video.

DEATH™

Some of the old Tekken games had it where you can use a Game Genie(cheat device) or device that alters game mechanics or adds cheats into games that made them do strange or funny things. Tekken had something where you can use any particular fighting style with any characters. For example, I can make Nina or Anna fight like Jin or King from the stance, animation and move set. Sometimes it did deform their appearance a little though. I am not sure how they accomplished this for TTT2 though. Very interesting video.

They already did... There's a post in KTA where they put Alisa's moveset to Marduk's body...

IT WAS HORRIFYING...

AAK

Cool, I actually completely forgot I ever did that haha. My knowledge now is extremely different by the knowledge I had then. I would definitely have changed the way I wrote the guide if I were to do it again. I honestly think I probably confused a bunch of people more than help them.

The post that Ninth Pixel posted about the Depth vs Complexity argument earlier from the Extra Credits people has really changed my perception of how to best explain Tekken to some people.

TekkenBros, this AK/Lee team might happen. Then that's it, 6 characters.

I spent the majority of my time in T6 playing Armor King. I gave up on him for TTT2 because of how hard I felt it was to consistently take advantage of all his tools. But his f+2,1 is wonderous in this game. Much respect to anyone who can play him and take him to his full potential.

Also GG's today to you and 9p. BTW NinthPixel, I guess you really don't enjoy TTT2 (despite it being my favorite game ever). I don't mind playing you in Revolution if you'd like. While I'm online just send me an invite and I'll gladly play.

DEATH™;106759070 said:
They already did... There's a post in KTA where they put Alisa's moveset to Marduk's body...

IT WAS HORRIFYING...

Oh man...I am just visualizing that lol. Any idea how did they pull this off? Did they debug the game or something?

Dereck

2_by_cliinf-d7cv4jd.gif

jbzaNAcjW2Quvu.png

GrayFoxPL

I feel combo damage and capability of some characters is better then others. I have in mind Lars and Bryan. They can convert any float situation even "random" into high damage combo. Bryan needs work and execution skills to fully destroy, but Lars is just flawless and easy to play. Wonder what they'll do to him in T7 but if he's in TxSF and so powerful he'll destroy both SF and Tekken cast ;).

DEATH™

I feel combo damage and capability of some characters is better then others. I have in mind Lars and Bryan. They can convert any float situation even "random" into high damage combo. Bryan needs work and execution skills to fully destroy, but Lars is just flawless and easy to play. Wonder what they'll do to him in T7 but if he's in TxSF and so powerful he'll destroy both SF and Tekken cast ;).

If Lars is in TxSF, uf3 will be a legit invincible... fulfilling the legacy of #BUFFLARS

Kappa

AAK

I use Bryan/Jack a well! They have one of the bossest custom tag combo's in the game with Jack's d+1+2~5 into Bryan's WS+2.

@Death: go to practice mode and train your reactions :p I honestly don't know how to teach anyone how to fuzzy guard. It just got ingrained into me after all that grinding on Virtua Fighter :p

sasuke_91

What's fuzzy guard?

I seem to "forget" how to play Lee... It's funny, because sometimes I just stand there and don't know what to do. Playing him doesn't come naturally to me anymore. I should probably practice with him... a lot!

@GrayFoxPL: With Steve I noticed that after f3,1 if you get the timing right you can go with ff2, which results in a bound. That's pretty cool :D

GrayFoxPL

What's fuzzy guard?

I seem to "forget" how to play Lee... It's funny, because sometimes I just stand there and don't know what to do. Playing him doesn't come naturally to me anymore. I should probably practice with him... a lot!

@GrayFoxPL: With Steve I noticed that after f3,1 if you get the timing right you can go with ff2, which results in a bound. That's pretty cool :D

Fuzzy guard afaik is going from crouch guard to stand guard and back - db to b, and return as quickly as possible thus making the character look "fuzzy" from the speed. For getting highest possibility to guard any attack. But this could result in backdash cancel so dunno, lol.

sasuke_91

Fuzzy guard afaik is going from crouch guard to stand guard and back - db to b, and return as quickly as possible thus making the character look "fuzzy" from the speed. For getting highest possibility to guard any attack. But this could result in backdash cancel so dunno, lol.

I guess such things are only possible with a stick. I can't even manage to do backdash cancel on a controller :D

Thanks Markman for making the sale. Whether we play this game hardcore or not, it's always great to have our prized series on the big stage and creating hype.

Good times.

AAK

And a professional troll. The chat's reaction to the staged match was hilarious.

Damn, I missed it, would have loved to see the meltdowns haha.

Still is kind of a shame that all the other games get a Sunday finals day while Tekken will be shoved to finish all on Friday. Hopefully this time more of it will be streamed then.

Top Bottom