• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

sasuke_91

Sasuke has a solid Ling. The other day he caught me in backturn setup and my Jin lost 70% of health, I was like: "Jin get the fuck out!" mashing tag because the wall was coming, lol.
I was just following your advice :)

ch backturn 1 startles the enemy, so I had enough time to launch and attack you. Never stop defending when Ling attacks, it'll end badly :D
I have to work a lot on her, though. I know a lot of solid Ling players, and most of them are better than me.

About my router: You would say that opening ports is a better solution? I have opened a few, but I don't know if it's the right ones. I'll go search for the right ones. Should I let DMZ enabled or should I turn it off?
Sasuke do you have some matches i could watch that you played? love to see a good ling in action
I have saved a lot of matches on my PS3, but I have no equipment so I can't record them.
My team is Ling + Lee btw.

GrayFoxPL

I was just following your advice :)

ch backturn 1 startles the enemy, so I had enough time to launch and attack you. Never stop defending when Ling attacks, it'll end badly :D
I have to work a lot on her, though. I know a lot of solid Ling players, and most of them are better than me.

About my router: You would say that opening ports is a better solution? I have opened a few, but I don't know if it's the right ones. I'll go search for the right ones. Should I let DMZ enabled or should I turn it off?

I have saved a lot of matches on my PS3, but I have no equipment so I can't record them.
My team is Ling + Lee btw.

Yeah, Ling is difficult to master, huge amount to options to consider. My memory is too bad to get a hold of all this.

I don't mind getting to lobby on a second try, so if you're fine with the connection, leave it. In spare time you can always open some more ports, turn off dmz and check if it preforms better. :)

sasuke_91

I don't mind getting to lobby on a second try, so if you're fine with the connection, leave it. In spare time you can always open some more ports, turn off dmz and check if it preforms better. :)
Maybe it's also the router's fault that I get disconnected in a US-lobby. I think I'll go search for those ports ;)

@m0t0k1: If you're okay with an off-screen video I can use my smartphone, but I don't think that's fun to watch :/

m0t0k1

Maybe it's also the router's fault that I get disconnected in a US-lobby. I think I'll go search for those ports ;)

@m0t0k1: If you're okay with an off-screen video I can use my smartphone, but I don't think that's fun to watch :/

Nah i probably will get the ps3 version someday. Then i will look you up :p thanks for the offer.

Doomshine

I've recorded my videos off screen with my Vita, works ok for Youtube.

Dereck

You're gonna have to give us some information.

What region is your PS3, what region is the disc? Is the disc scratched? Can you read other PS1 games? Does that game work on a PS2/PS1? Did you try booting the PS3 with the disc already in?

MikeMyers

What region is your PS3, what region is the disc?
North America for both.

Is the disc scratched?
Not really

Can you read other PS1 games?
Yeah.

Does that game work on a PS2/PS1?
PS1 is from the UK so it wont work, didnt work on my PS2.

Did you try booting the PS3 with the disc already in?
No.

Dereck

You said you bought it from Amazon, but I'm gonna guess you bought it from somebody else selling the game on Amazon, contact that person/company.

sasuke_91

Thanks for doing this but take your time :)

Finished :)

Here you are

The first three matches are just Xiao vs Xiao solo matches. The rest is Tag.
The very last match is basically just me and that other guy messing around^^

I wanted to include some Tekken-GAF matches, but I didn't save any where I used Xiaoyu. Not even the one GrayFox mentioned o_O
There might be one with boutdown somewhere, but I didn't search.

m0t0k1

Finished :)

Here you are

The first three matches are just Xiao vs Xiao solo matches. The rest is Tag.
The very last match is basically just me and that other guy messing around^^

I wanted to include some Tekken-GAF matches, but I didn't save any where I used Xiaoyu. Not even the one GrayFox mentioned o_O
There might be one with boutdown somewhere, but I didn't search.

Wow some great matches in there. Gonna put some practice on her during this weekend. I really need to work on my juggles if i see this. Also learned some new moves into combo thanks to this video. I noticed that you don't make a lot of use out of her hopkick is it bad compared to other character hopkicks?

sasuke_91

I noticed that you don't make a lot of use out of her hopkick is it bad compared to other character hopkicks?
Do you mean uf3? If it connects, uf+3+4 will result in a bound. It's actually pretty good.
I did a lot of mistakes in those matches and did the wrong follow-up all the time^^

m0t0k1

Do you mean uf3? If it connects, uf+3+4 will result in a bound. It's actually pretty good.
I did a lot of mistakes in those matches and did the wrong follow-up all the time^^

Yeah i meant uf3 :) I didnt know that you can follow it up with uf+3+4. I will try to incorporate that more in my matches. I just love learning about tekken :p Too bad i don't really have the time to invest that much. Yeah some matches where pretty sour to see you lose. You could win that match against ice lili if you did the good follow up. Also noticed by seeing your gameplay that the german translation is pretty cut and dry in tekken.

sasuke_91

Yeah i meant uf3 :) I didnt know that you can follow it up with uf+3+4. I will try to incorporate that more in my matches. I just love learning about tekken :p Too bad i don't really have the time to invest that much. Yeah some matches where pretty sour to see you lose. You could win that match against ice lili if you did the good follow up. Also noticed by seeing your gameplay that the german translation is pretty cut and dry in tekken.
I think there's even a better combo with uf3. I have to try it out.
I don't think Ice Lily was playing serious. He would have destroyed me if he (or she) wanted to, so winning or losing doesn't really matter. His Ling amazed me though (and the costumes were neat^^). I like playing against higher ranked players, because you really have to be careful to not do anything stupid or easily punishable. They won't use any cheap tricks against you either or spam throws/low attacks. That's why I don't play Ranked that much. People like to play dirty or rely on cheap tricks, but you have to get used to that, too.
The german translation is weird sometimes^^

m0t0k1

Yeah german isnt my native language but still sounded strange to me. Combo practice is important yes. I can only do about 85 points combo's with tag so i still have a lot of work to do. Also agree on the cheap tricks part if you want better matches you should do lobbies or the non ranked battles.

Sayah

I came across this while looking up Tekken gifs. Who made this? lmao.

tumblr_mbgpffZSU71qkb7dio1_400.gif

tumblr_mbgpffZSU71qkb7dio2_400.gif

For those who don't know what this references.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6vPQL_aYfI

sasuke_91

I'll try next time. You put a lot of pressure on me, so I always panic when I'm low on health^^
Your defence is rock solid and your punishing... scary! I don't think I'll use Lee against you anymore :D
Good games.

AAK

I'd link this on ATP but I don't think many would care and also that the blog post owner put a small notice at the bottom to not reproduce the images/news anywhere else. Linking it is fine though.

https://twitter.com/slostar/status/455941273744973825

http://ameblo.jp/slostar/entry-11824556427.html

It's........ Another Pachislot machine for Tekken. More CGs and is set for release on the 6th of July. There's going to be a large exhibiton for it next month on the 21st of May.

After watching the Fatal Fury pachinko trailer, I doubt Tekken's will even come close to it.

Project to send Wonkey to NCSS5 should have a link soon:

https://twitter.com/brnsntrn/status/456998153825161216

Man deserves it.

I still can't believe I'm being offered and suggested to do this, still have low expectations of this succeeding haha.

But if it is successful I'm going to have to go in full grinding mode for this game just for StrongStyle. Can't be losing to no Jimmy Jay's or casual Bronsons.

- LEARN EVERY CHARACTER
- READ EVERYTHING (KTA's Files section, TZ's forums/wiki, inatekken, TekkenBBS, Tekken central)
- WATCH EVERYTHING (Top player matches, Netas, Character specific videos - This reminds me, MannyBigs that Marduk character movelist rundown you did that one time was really fuckin good!)
- PRACTICE MODE EVERYTHING

PS: Death when you're ready to show me King's wavedash, I'll show you Kuma's wavedash!
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hobg-4eOwj8

AAK

^^^
Just get some offline matches with people. I learn better by applying stuff in real matches vs being a practice mode monster. But of coarse you have to do research first :)

Apparently there's going to be a TTT2 online tournament with a $500 pot bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-n170zpSf4

My internet is way too bootleg to enter this LOL.

DEATH™

I still can't believe I'm being offered and suggested to do this, still have low expectations of this succeeding haha.

But if it is successful I'm going to have to go in full grinding mode for this game just for StrongStyle. Can't be losing to no Jimmy Jay's or casual Bronsons.

- LEARN EVERY CHARACTER
- READ EVERYTHING (KTA's Files section, TZ's forums/wiki, inatekken, TekkenBBS, Tekken central)
- WATCH EVERYTHING (Top player matches, Netas, Character specific videos - This reminds me, MannyBigs that Marduk character movelist rundown you did that one time was really fuckin good!)
- PRACTICE MODE EVERYTHING

PS: Death when you're ready to show me King's wavedash, I'll show you Kuma's wavedash!
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hobg-4eOwj8

It better be successful cause I'm coming for yah!

P.S. Kuma wavedash A tier Kreygasm

AAK

EVERYONE Go watch The Raid 2 NOW!!!

Harada... a silat fighter is beckoning to you! If not you then at least AM2 for VF6... somebody get on board with a silat fighter for a 3D Fighter!

This movie NEEDS to be seen in Theatres. I've never been in a movie where the audience was clapping and screaming "ooohs" & "aaoooowww" throughout the movie. Whenever one of the bosses got taken down everyone in the theatre clapped. What an experience. I was shaking during the final fight.

Sayah

EVERYONE Go watch The Raid 2 NOW!!!

Harada... a silat fighter is beckoning to you! If not you then at least AM2 for VF6... somebody get on board with a silat fighter for a 3D Fighter!

This movie NEEDS to be seen in Theatres. I've never been in a movie where the audience was clapping and screaming "ooohs" & "aaoooowww" throughout the movie. Whenever one of the bosses got taken down everyone in the theatre clapped. What an experience. I was shaking during the final fight.

I want to watch the movie since I enjoyed the first one but kind of tied up with school and work right now. :/

Dereck

It's too bad that the Iron Fist League (TTT2 online tournament hosted by Sabin), was discontinued, I'm watching it right now and the matches are great.

Xevren

We definitely need a silat fighter for sure, I also agree that Raid 2 is the best. Still sad how bad it did here overall though, most theaters lost it after a week :(

AAK

I was doing some testing yesterday... was trying to learn how to fight Zafina. Her f,f+3 is a mid move the puts her +5 on block. And then she can even do SCR 1+2 after that which is +8 on block. I was trying to sidestep it... but Julia sidestep is pretty inferior. I needed like a justframe input each time. I tried it again with someone like Zafina and she could sidestep it easily. Julia's movement sucks /rant

I want to watch the movie since I enjoyed the first one but kind of tied up with school and work right now. :/

It's all good, good luck with all that, hope your exams/end of semester projects come out shining :) Reward yourself when it's done though ;)

tumblr_myogpiGWAQ1rdsiguo6_250.gif

You'll be shaking in your seat during that fight.

Top Bottom