• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

Oh man, the hatemail begins. I got some real hatemail gold here but I dunno how to take a screenshot of the xmb ps3 mail while it is displayed. Anyone know a way to do this?

Or am I gonna have to ghetto capture it with my cell phone.

You probably will have to take a cell phone picture. Don't think you can screenshot the XMB menu.

DEATH™;109035849 said:
Good Luck with moving man... moved like 5 times in more than 6 years since we got hit hard by that housing bubble. Moving is hard, also leaving people you know of closely is something I don't want to get used to.

Also, it depends. If we get another "When's Marvel" chants while we are showcasing any kind of Tekken, then it's not ideal. I do think though they are announcing something at Final Round instead, as it's really the beginning of the year.

I really do wish though that TTT2 and TxSF get along together so Tekken players can play 2 games, especially now that Marvel is kinda declining in popularity, it would be nice for 3D to rise.

Oh I'm not moving right now. Will be moving soon, though, but it's not firmly set. I did move a few months ago.

TKXSF and TTT2 can co-exist, I'm sure. TTT2 is just too good to let go.

I'm like super late but Baek's FLA sucks...

Focus less on the gimmicks and more on normal shit.

Maybe after a while you'll start to learn FLA stuff. Its just not viable in a game that makes FLA transitions jab interruptible, they completely fucked this character in TTT2.

GrayFoxPL

I'm like super late but Baek's FLA sucks...

Focus less on the gimmicks and more on normal shit.

Maybe after a while you'll start to learn FLA stuff. Its just not viable in a game that makes FLA transitions jab interruptible, they completely fucked this character in TTT2.

Not really.

4~3,3~f, 3,3~f, 3,3~f etc is a great new option. Mixing up with 1,2,3~f, df+443~f, f+2+3, d+4,3,3, d+1,4 , ub+4, db+3,3 and db+3,3~f also df+1,3 that doesn't allow opponent to tag out is the point. Plus fla uf+3 will launch anyone trying to d+1 fla. Also they made fla f+3 safer and stuns on ch, easily spamable too. New ff+4,3 not also is nc, huge damage but the recovery is great, you can instantly do db+1 after that stopping opponents especially online.

sasuke_91

Thanks boutdown. I have to practice that b1,1fn, low parry and wall combo. Sorry I had to go so early, I actually wanted to fight a bit before leaving.

sasuke_91

@Doomshine: Yesterday you were displayed with 4-5 bars connection for the first time when boutdown hosted the lobby. I would have liked to see you two playing, but I got disconnected everytime. GGs both of you.
Thanks for showing me those Lee-combos, boutdown. That d,db4 combo deals some nice damage.

Doomshine

@Doomshine: Yesterday you were displayed with 4-5 bars connection for the first time when boutdown hosted the lobby. I would have liked to see you two playing, but I got disconnected everytime. GGs both of you.
Thanks for showing me those Lee-combos, boutdown. That d,db4 combo deals some nice damage.

I didn't have time to say it, but yeah, you showed up as 4 bars for me when we were in boutdown's room. GGs again to both of you.

AAK

South Carolina (US East)

NICE, there are a bunch of us from the east coast like Sayah, MannyBigz, NinthPixel, MikeBreezy, Tera, Famicom, among others. Feel free to add me, it's AAK0924.

I will be moving apartments on Wednesday, I have no idea if I'll be able to get a wired connection over there so I'll see if we can still play then. Hopefully things work out.

Sayah

Has this been posted here yet? Saw it linked on the TZ forums. My favorite character doing some broken shit as usual. One of the combos I can actually steal for practical use too :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6WatGA9Bk

Wow damn, this video right here. I really need to pick up Yoshi.

And thanks for reaffirming my thoughts that Tekken is the most creative team combo game we have on the market. TTT2 is so lost on the general American market, though. The way it was reviewed partially shows that. :(

10/10 game in my book.

Manbig

I actually consider Yoshi to be Lei-light. While I don't remember everything now, I did pick Yoshi up for a little while a few months after Tag 2 launched and was surprised at how straightforward his options were in most of his stances. It's not as hard to learn as you would think and the primary options out of each stance is hardly a secret anymore.

Cheddahz

Banned
My copy showed up today, so I'm down to play! (and I'm sure that all of you are better than me, but I always think playing Tekken is a blast, so..)

Sayah

He's hella fun to play and also rewarding, but you need zen like patience too. Not as much as Raven per se, who really has to thrive on whiff punishing. It's intimidating to learn all the stances though.... which is why I never learned Lei. I'd love to play a team like Yoshi/Lei, but I got all the gimmicks I can handle with one character.

He would be a great partner to either Anna or Nina. I even dabbled in making Nina my partner, but I just can't nail those WS1 carries. Nina + Yoshi = Team Halitosis, BTW.

Yeah, I play him casually but haven't really invested time into him.

I also suck with Nina's WS1 combo. I can do it in practice but in an actual match? hhaahaha.

Will have to invest more time into Yoshi after this semester ends. End of semester pressure is so annoying. Stayed up all night Sunday evening to Monday morning. Probably will have to do the same tonight just to get all the work finished. :(

fatalexe

Oh man, I have to buy another copy of this game because my 80GB FAT PS3 died and just won't output any video and audio to the HDTV. Tried all sorts of ''solutions'' and ''fixes'' but no go. The digital copy I have is tied to it.. I can't deactivate the PS3 online either because it's a shared account.

Anyways I ordered a new Super Slim PS3 and I'm trying to decide whether to get a BD retail copy of Tag 2 or the PSN version. Any suggestions? Does the disc version cause problems like scratches after long term play? The disc version is cheaper than PSN version here by $5.

Lemstar

Anyways I ordered a new Super Slim PS3 and I'm trying to decide whether to get a BD retail copy of Tag 2 or the PSN version. Any suggestions? Does the disc version cause problems like scratches after long term play? The disc version is cheaper than PSN version here by $5.
BR discs are pretty tough to scratch. You're probably fine with a physical copy, although having to pay for an online pass might cut the savings a bit.

There was someone selling gameshares of TTT2 at CAG a while back; I can ask him if he still has slots open, if you'd like.

sasuke_91

although having to pay for an online pass might cut the savings a bit.

If he's going to buy a new copy, an online pass will be included.

Yesterday I tried going to ranking, playing a bit more agressive and dirty than usual and look how far I get by doing so. I won 7 matches in a row and got promoted to Marauder. I'm never going to play like that again...
I even used a few of those cheap Hwoarang strings on you, too, boutdown. Sorry for that.

Manbig

If he's going to buy a new copy, an online pass will be included.

Yesterday I tried going to ranking, playing a bit more agressive and dirty than usual and look how far I get by doing so. I won 7 matches in a row and got promoted to Marauder. I'm never going to play like that again...
I even used a few of those cheap Hwoarang strings on you, too, boutdown. Sorry for that.

Don't apologize. It's always the other person's fault for not knowing how to deal with those sorts of moves. Of course lag is gonna get in the way of doing the right thing versus certain options too, but so long as both you and him understand that, I don't believe that you should ever apologize.

AAK

Im sorry guys... The place I'm staying at in the new apartment has the modem/router kinda far away from the ps3. Unfortunately that means if we do end up playing it's gonna be through Wi-Fi... And yes, I tested it, ps3's Wi-Fi gives like 1/5 the download & 1/2 the upload speeds compared to my laptop at the same distance from the router according to speedtest.net. :(

Also... I just watched raid 2 again in theaters. Only the 2nd film in history that's made do that. It still had me riveted in my seat! Go see it now before it disappears! :p

AAK

Approximately 15 ft. I can invest in a long Ethernet wire but it's gonna look friggin ugly having this wire stretching accross the apartment... I'm thinking my new rooommates (who I don't want to piss off so early) wouldn't appreciate it.

fatalexe

Approximately 15 ft. I can invest in a long Ethernet wire but it's gonna look friggin ugly having this wire stretching accross the apartment... I'm thinking my new rooommates (who I don't want to piss off so early) wouldn't appreciate it.
How about a Homeplug?

Ultimadrago

x8sn0n5mtjkb.jpg

A friendly neighborhood reminder that Harada has God-Tier taste in idols.

Carry on~

m0t0k1

Bronson stepped up. His Bryan is amazing now.

Wait it's his brother?

I think that is the joke because he was fucking up so much. Yeah he has become good but losers finals against inkog where bad. He was litterly dropping every combo even simple ones like he did a bound, punch, punch and drop. He did switched it up to jinpachi and ogre in that battle.

GrayFoxPL

Nah I think Jimmy and Bronson are brothers. It was talked in the old streams as well and after this finals Aris said something like: "Props for these two and everyone else in the tournament apart of Bronson...etc.

Top Bottom