• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Dereck

What I feel like after beating Duelists in player matches with double Lees.

iP7eahm7XtK0i.gif

What I feel like after getting three wall carries in a row after a low parry with double Lees.

iP7eahm7XtK0i.gif

Sayah

Lee definitely is great great for wall carries.
It's all good, good luck with all that, hope your exams/end of semester projects come out shining :) Reward yourself when it's done though ;)

tumblr_myogpiGWAQ1rdsiguo6_250.gif

You'll be shaking in your seat during that fight.

Exams are approaching soon but so far it's papers and group projects. And for the first time in a while, I had a group project where everyone was productive and got everything done on time. I usually hate group projects so much. But I'll be rewarding myself with The Raid 2 when summer break hits (if it's still running) and probably will be binging on some other things (TEKKKEN)

Hope everything is going well on your end as well.

AAK

Things are ace here... just packing to move apartments.

Boutdown is gonna be scary when he gets those b+2 mist step combo's down.

Also, I just noticed this:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/455743501850796032

I guess that means TxSF will be revealed at EVO. So there's gonna be the Killer Instinct S2 reveal there and TxSF as well. I originally though it was gonna happen in December when they do their 20th anniversary celebration.

Sayah

ugggggghhh. apartment moving. It seems like you don't have that much stuff and then you start packing it all and you realize the entire day has gone by and you still aren't close to being done. Just moved a few months ago so I know.

And is EVO really the ideal platform for TKXSF reveal? I mean TTT2 wasn't even featured until Namco sponsored the event. E3 is probably a better venue. But oh well.......I just want to SEE it (i.e. the gameplay system) and I have crazy curiosity as to how they collided the two worlds together.

Astarte

Okay so, I picked up Tekken again and this giant skill wall is pretty daunting. I chose Baek because I'm in love with the idea of flamingo cancels, but everyone I've tried asking for help with locally laughed in my face and just told me to pick Asuka if I wanted to spam. I have no idea what the hell they're talking about, but I'm guessing Asuka and Baek are both online fiends with a bad reputation?

And is EVO really the ideal platform for TKXSF reveal? I mean TTT2 wasn't even featured until Namco sponsored the event. E3 is probably a better venue. But oh well.......I just want to SEE it (i.e. the gameplay system) and I have crazy curiosity as to how they collided the two worlds together.

I kinda always thought that wherever any new Tekken game gets announced will appeal to those that go to the events. For instance T6 was announced at an Arcade Operators Union show, TTT2 was revealed at a fighting game tournament (SBO) and Tekken Revolution was revealed at E3 and you can sorta see where those games went. So it's perhaps for the best if it get's shown off at EVO, enjoy as much of the announcement we can before we get boo'd off because mahvel is supposed to be on. :p

Sayah

I kinda always thought that wherever any new Tekken game gets announced will appeal to those that go to the events. For instance T6 was announced at an Arcade Operators Union show, TTT2 was revealed at a fighting game tournament (SBO) and Tekken Revolution was revealed at E3 and you can sorta see where those games went. So it's perhaps for the best if it get's shown off at EVO, enjoy as much of the announcement we can before we get boo'd off because mahvel is supposed to be on. :p

Now that you mention it, yes, that does make sense.
Perhaps also due to the link with Street Fighter, EVO would be a good venue. That's the biggest SF tourney so it would be good to draw in SF players' interest in the upcoming game.

Okay so, I picked up Tekken again and this giant skill wall is pretty daunting. I chose Baek because I'm in love with the idea of flamingo cancels, but everyone I've tried asking for help with locally laughed in my face and just told me to pick Asuka if I wanted to spam. I have no idea what the hell they're talking about, but I'm guessing Asuka and Baek are both online fiends with a bad reputation?

If you want to use Baek, then use Baek. No need to let outside opinions influence that decision.

People dislike Baek because of this:

http://a.pomf.se/yzlgpy.webm

But that sort of stuff can be more easily overcome if you know what you're doing. Baek is no more annoying than Lars, Bob, Jun/Asuka, etc.

Shake n Baek and use those flamingo cancels. Have fun.

If you need any sort of help, don't hesitate to ask. I can provide assistance, if needed, in the form of:

1. Combo videos for Baek and whichever partner character you choose (unless you're playing solo for the time being)

2. Online practice mode

DEATH™

ugggggghhh. apartment moving. It seems like you don't have that much stuff and then you start packing it all and you realize the entire day has gone by and you still aren't close to being done. Just moved a few months ago so I know.

Good Luck with moving man... moved like 5 times in more than 6 years since we got hit hard by that housing bubble. Moving is hard, also leaving people you know of closely is something I don't want to get used to.

Also, it depends. If we get another "When's Marvel" chants while we are showcasing any kind of Tekken, then it's not ideal. I do think though they are announcing something at Final Round instead, as it's really the beginning of the year.

I really do wish though that TTT2 and TxSF get along together so Tekken players can play 2 games, especially now that Marvel is kinda declining in popularity, it would be nice for 3D to rise.

AAK

The most annoying thing is trying to get rid of all the useless stuff I have. I want to sell them off but no one really wants it. LOL

As for EVO... Wonkey makes a fantastic point about how the audience changes depending on the revelation of the game. T6 was shown specifically for arcade fanatics. TTT2 was shown catering to the tournament warriors with SBO and then the Tag Assault demo at MLG. And it does show that TxSF is looking like it's being designed for the 2D crowd in mind. Hence I guess EVO is the optimal place to reveal it.

However, with this being a partial SF reveal... I'm thinking this might be revealed after Marvel preceeding SF finals...Which will probably make things even worse! LOL
unless melee overtakes Marvel and becomes the number #2 game at EVO. :p

Can't wait to suicide Chun Li in the face.

IN THA FACE.

On the topic of Chun Li... I REALLY REALLY hope Namco are allowed to do their own default outfits for the cast. I'm kinda tired of the blue chinese dress showing off the tumor thighs. I wish Namco could do something unique and partly casual like the Chun outfit from this comic cover:

sf-summerspecial2_big.jpg

Hmmm... about Baek, he is a character I feel that does take some time to understand. Being a Hwoarang player, for the longest time I would be so confused about what I could do depending on what stance I was in (RFF, RFS, LFS, or LFF). Simultaneously, you should familiarize yourself with what options Baek has when he goes in his Flamingo stance. And that way you will feel a sense of control in the character. Doing the Flamingo cancels are awesome indeed, but it will take some patience to get down for sure. With Hwoarang, he does Flamingo transitions where you simply have to press forward after you current kick to get into the flamingo stance. With Baek you have to do the secondary kick after the move that connects and THEN cancel that with a forward to go into flamingo. You can see that there is an extra input to do Baek's flamingo cancels. Here is a combo breakdown form Hurtbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQN-2PpU8-E

Those will take a long time to get the hang of, so start simple. If you ever do have any questions feel free to ask. Are you on PSN BTW?

Astarte

If you want to use Baek, then use Baek. No need to let outside opinions influence that decision.

People dislike Baek because of this:

http://a.pomf.se/yzlgpy.webm

But that sort of stuff can be more easily overcome if you know what you're doing. Baek is no more annoying than Lars, Bob, Jun/Asuka, etc.

Shake n Baek and use those flamingo cancels. Have fun.

If you need any sort of help, don't hesitate to ask. I can provide assistance, if needed, in the form of:

1. Combo videos for Baek and whichever partner character you choose (unless you're playing solo for the time being)

2. Online practice mode

Alright, thanks! I do seem to encounter a lot of the characters that you named....That webm made him look like a pretty rad menace. I'll probably contact you in the following months; I plan on sticking with Tekken.

Hmmm... about Baek, he is a character I feel that does take some time to understand. Being a Hwoarang player, for the longest time I would be so confused about what I could do depending on what stance I was in (RFF, RFS, LFS, or LFF). Simultaneously, you should familiarize yourself with what options Baek has when he goes in his Flamingo stance. And that way you will feel a sense of control in the character. Doing the Flamingo cancels are awesome indeed, but it will take some patience to get down for sure. With Hwoarang, he does Flamingo transitions where you simply have to press forward after you current kick to get into the flamingo stance. With Baek you have to do the secondary kick after the move that connects and THEN cancel that with a forward to go into flamingo. You can see that there is an extra input to do Baek's flamingo cancels. Here is a combo breakdown form Hurtbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQN-2PpU8-E

Those will take a long time to get the hang of, so start simple. If you ever do have any questions feel free to ask. Are you on PSN BTW?

Flamingo cancelling is killing me right now, but I plan on sticking through with it! I heard from someone that taking the time to learn Tekken takes months, so I'm ready to go for it in the long run. Thanks! Yeah, I'm on PSN.

sasuke_91

Boutdown is gonna be scary when he gets those b+2 mist step combo's down.
By the way, what is the input for the combo you do, boutdown? I still just do 1,2 miststep f4,3 for a bound or df3,2,3 for a wall carry. That b2 combo looks way better though :D

I'm excited for the TxSF announcement. I hope they did some great stuff with the game. Do you think it's going to be PS360 or PS4 Xbone Only?

Dereck

By the way, what is the input for the combo you do, boutdown? I still just do 1,2 miststep f4,3 for a bound or df3,2,3 for a wall carry. That b2 combo looks way better though :D
uf4, 4, b2fn, 1, b2fn, f4,3, df3,2,3

You need to get with me in practice mode with a mic.

sasuke_91

uf4, 4, b2fn, 1, b2fn, f4,3, df3,2,3

You need to get with me in practice mode with a mic.
Thanks. I'll have to practice that b2fn.
Just invite me next time like you always do. I'll plug in my mic when I see you. And thanks for the offer :)
I haven't been talking a word in English for a long time. I hope it's not too terrible^^

Dereck

L - O - L at this double Law player who thought that he could send me a friend request, after I beat his double Law team like 6 times. This dude did db4 5 times in a row in 4 matches, and I let him do them because otherwise I would have kept getting perfects. He sends me a message after I leave the room saying "play some more"? Yeah I totally want to put a db4, no strategy havin' Law player on my friends list.

This is why when people say they hate Law or Law players I can't even create a rebuttal. Law is an OK character but he keeps being utilized as a joke.

So I decided to try ranked again after a long time. Not exactly the best place polish off the old rust.

Anyway, gotta love those tekken pros that make new accounts just so they can mash on the low ranks and inflate their egos. I guess they must be losing a lot of matches on their main accounts so they need a break from skilled players, lol. (Or realistically, they're tired of waiting 30 mins for a match).

Btw, trying out this new GigaPower thing from ATT Uverse. It's pretty sweet.

GrayFoxPL

So I decided to try ranked again after a long time. Not exactly the best place polish off the old rust.

Anyway, gotta love those tekken pros that make new accounts just so they can mash on the low ranks and inflate their egos. I guess they must be losing a lot of matches on their main accounts so they need a break from skilled players, lol. (Or realistically, they're tired of waiting 30 mins for a match).

Btw, trying out this new GigaPower thing from ATT Uverse. It's pretty sweet.

Yeah that's bullshit. They call themselves "reranks", one that guy msg me "sorry I'm a rerank". Who gives a shit what you are, play at the level you really ranked to or don't play at all. I don't believe they'd have to wait long for a match unless they're all afraid fighting each other.

fatalexe

Yeah that's bullshit. They call themselves "reranks", one that guy msg me "sorry I'm a rerank". Who gives a shit what you are, play at the level you really ranked to or don't play at all. I don't believe they'd have to wait long for a match unless they're all afraid fighting each other.

Agree so much. Ranked in Asia has alot of "reranks".

So after a few weeks of transitioning to a stick my general game is better, less mashing buttons and getting CH to death. I can't do wavedash on the left side or BDC on the right. Also I don't know why but my diagonals are really bad, Most of the time I want to uf4 or df1 using Miguel it just won't work 80%..

Need to practice more. Still stuck at 2nd Dan - Diciple rank.

Wow so this is a common thing. SMH. Oh well, I'll just have to promo around them. Trying to catch my Ancient Ogre up to my Yoshi then pair them up. Solo AO is rough out here in the streets (ranked).

Agree so much. Ranked in Asia has alot of "reranks".

So after a few weeks of transitioning to a stick my general game is better, less mashing buttons and getting CH to death. I can't do wavedash on the left side or BDC on the right. Also I don't know why but my diagonals are really bad, Most of the time I want to uf4 or df1 using Miguel it just won't work 80%..

Need to practice more. Still stuck at 2nd Dan - Diciple rank.
Eh don't feel to bad about that. My PS3 pad is worn to shit and I routinely get the following WTF moments:

• I go to press d+2 and somehow get an instant full crouch 2.
  • I go to press f,f, U/F,N+4 as a combo filler and get U/F+4. ARGH.
  • I go to press 2,d+1+2 with Ancient Ogre and get d+2. lnstant dropped combo. ;ljad;klfj
Anyways, I'm in the market for a new controller, preferably something EVO friendly. I'm probably gonna get both a pad and a stick. Been hearing good things about MadCatz, even though I used to have issues with them ages ago.

fatalexe

Wow so this is a common thing. SMH. Oh well, I'll just have to promo around them. Trying to catch my Ancient Ogre up to my Yoshi then pair them up. Solo AO is rough out here in the streets (ranked).

Eh don't feel to bad about that. My PS3 pad is worn to shit and I routinely get the following WTF moments:

• I go to press d+2 and somehow get an instant full crouch 2.
  • I go to press f,f, U/F,N+4 as a combo filler and get U/F+4. ARGH.
  • I go to press 2,d+1+2 with Ancient Ogre and get d+2. lnstant dropped combo. ;ljad;klfj
Anyways, I'm in the market for a new controller, preferably something EVO friendly. I'm probably gonna get both a pad and a stick. Been hearing good things about MadCatz, even though I used to have issues with them ages ago.

Yea the reason I got a stick was because 2 of my DS3 went crazy and would randomly do supercharges and spamming throws out of nowhere. Lost alot of games that I should have won before I said **** it and bought a used but in good condition stick.

Dereck

The problem with ranked to me, is that the matches are way too random for me to be consistently confident, and they are too random for me to consistently win. I would love to be a Warrior so I could flaunt that rank to my peers, but to me all that means is that I suffered through just enough scrubs and managed to get lucky. You ever wonder why certain people, whether it be someone who plays in tournaments and streams like Rip or Aris, or even yourself or your peers, steers in and out the same 3-4 dan ranks every few months? It's because rank is so inconsistent. So if you're an 11 dan, that means that on a good day, you could make it to 14 dan if you played ranked for 5 hours straight and cared enough, but people don't care enough sometimes.

Yeah, so if I'm playing ranked and I win 4 matches in a row, and then I get a promotion match for 11 dan and it lags a lot, there is nothing I can do about it except play the match and lose, that doesn't mean that I wasn't 11 dan material, that just means that shit happens and ranked matches take in so many different factors. The characters, the matchups, nerves, confident levels, walls, tag crashes not working, lag spikes, the whole match lagging, rage quitters, incorrect inputs.

When you throw all of that stuff into ranked, it can make it seem like I ain't shit because I'm a 10 dan, but when I go play player matches with 14-17 dan fucks and win consistently, I then remember why I stopped playing rank to begin with. So when I hear about people re-ranking, it's another slap in the face to Tekken's online community, but I'm not gonna act like it wasn't partially shit before.

Manbig

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys care way too much about online ranked. If you care about getting better at the game and showing other people how much you've improved, online ranked is not the way to do that.

sasuke_91

I go to ranked sometimes, but then I see the way people play in ranked matches and just quit.
I mostly play against the same people. It's either GrayFoxPL, Doomshine or boutdown and some other guys on my list and being able to (sometimes) put some pressure on you makes me feel like I could beat every shitty player and spammer in ranked matches, but everytime I fight against someone like that for the first time, I lose. I got to Brawler a few weeks ago and I think that rank is okay. I wouldn't get any higher than Marauder anyway.

This is amazing^^

DEATH™

Ggs elza and bout...

Elza, thanks for reminding me weaknesses are... also, I still cant throwbreak online lol.

Bout, nice lees. Keep up the safe pressure man...

Also King Wavedash TOO GOOD.

I feel what Boutdown is saying though. The whole point of ranked is to "try" and be "matched" up with similar skill players. But like he said, it doesn't work out that way.

Low rank is full of new players mixed with reranks. So you "hope" that you can rank up out of the fray and into a more realistic zone, but now you just encounter low spamming laggy Johnsons.

So, the next step is to try player lobbies. But those are full of low level players who only want to play vs other lowbies. Get a decisive win against the lobby owner, get kicked.

1393636439074.gif

The only way to sanity is here I think. Playing only friends and people you know.

DEATH™

Ggs again elza... Ranked is really bad for me. All those hopkicky habit came back and Im dropping combos big time because I am infuriated dealing withranked lol...

fatalexe

Another thing about ranked and player matches is that if your rank is too low, the hosts will just kick you after seeing your low rank. Or if you create lobbies, they will leave or never join. That's what I'm facing right now. Go ranked to try and get a decent rank and get bombarded by snake edges and dragon tails on laggy connections.

sasuke_91

Another thing about ranked and player matches is that if your rank is too low, the hosts will just kick you after seeing your low rank. Or if you create lobbies, they will leave or never join. That's what I'm facing right now. Go ranked to try and get a decent rank and get bombarded by snake edges and dragon tails on laggy connections.
Yeah, this is also true. I like playing in World Arena and often people won't notice you because of your low rank. So I, as a Brawler, challenge a Duelist/Avenger/Warrior and he's like "Nope, too low".

AAK

Really good games today boutdown... I'm super sorry about the immediate sign out... I didn't realize it was 4:30 AM and I had to seriously bounce. Peace.

DEATH™

Hey Anna players, I dunno if you know this already but Anna uf1,3,3+4 combos.

uf+1,3,3+4, ff3,4,b+3 CAT 1+2 B! (fill in whatever post bound filler you have)

Thanks to the filipino guy at Ogre's house playing lol

DEATH™;109649227 said:

Most already know of it, I guess it isn't used because it usually doesn't work online.

In other news, there are Lag-switching, piece of shit Mishimas online today.

DEATH™

Most already know of it, I guess it isn't used because it usually doesn't work online.

In other news, there are Lag-switching, piece of shit Mishimas online today.

I can deal with Lagging Mishimas, but Lagging Capos, Bryans and Pauls are horrible. Can deal with them easily till they pull of the darn lagswitch everytime they are put to bad situations... Made me play hopkicky instead of playing solid instead...

Oh man, the hatemail begins. I got some real hatemail gold here but I dunno how to take a screenshot of the xmb ps3 mail while it is displayed. Anyone know a way to do this?

Or am I gonna have to ghetto capture it with my cell phone.

AAK

Yeah AAK I was low parrying those Cutter kicks all day and night

That defense was freiking boss. I don't know how you have the mental fortitude to even consider that along with regular defending.

DEATH™;109649227 said:

Assuming it demands an instant f,f+3 motion... that's not really easy. That's like doing Julia's f,f+3 consistently to punish a -14 attack or Marduk's f,f+2 to punish -12. But I will admit the reward is greater for doing the juggle you mentioned above.

Top Bottom