• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

I think they're too focused on Rise of the Incarnates and Pokken at the moment so I don't expect any crazy announcements at evo... at best, maybe a teaser trailer.

Hope I'm proven wrong!

Wait, Pokken is not a joke?

"Oh you make Tekken? Make something like that for us but with Pokemon.

"..."

'...and call it Pokken."

Wtf...

iuts8Wwtk9F4C.gif

Talk to Sega. Buy Fighting Vipers IP for 7.99$. Make awesome an sequel!

Pokemans?!

Dereck

I think I've said this before, but it would be cool if one could delete more than one replay at a time, and if the game gave you the option to not automatically record replays.

av2k

Wait, Pokken is not a joke?

"Oh you make Tekken? Make something like that for us but with Pokemon.

"..."

'...and call it Pokken."

Wtf...

iuts8Wwtk9F4C.gif

Pokemans?!

Pokken-Fighters.gif

Looks similar to Tekken as well!

I think I've said this before, but it would be cool if one could delete more than one replay at a time, and if the game gave you the option to not automatically record replays.

Yeah, deleting them one at a time can be annoying. That would be a spiffy feature.

GrayFoxPL

Jesus... I just realized the longest time period between releasing main Tekken games was 3 years between T4, T5 and T6.

We're now running a 7th year and T7 likely won't be released at least for 2 more years. So what - 10? I'm depressed.

Not even want to talk about a joke of a promise that is TxSF announced 4 years ago you motherfuckers! But you can't keep it because you have to make fucking pokemon games and f2p shit! Not having the decency to cancel the fucking game and yanking the chain like there is something coming tekken fans but I wont tell you at this event but on next one and the next one and the next. This really fucking kicks my balls and spits in my face.

What is funny in a really really sad way is that I defended Harada when he was pissed at people asking for TxSF. I was thinking "Shit, they are working hard on the game for 3-4 years. Better leave them to work in peace." But they developed or are developing like 5 different games since then. Seriously? Are you kidding me? You have time, staff and money to work on all these games and can't finish this one you promised first many years ago? Is that hard? Was there 47 builds of this since 2010? Or was these 3 artworks and 2 hour work render where it stopped?

And Harada has the nerve to be mad at people for asking about a game people are waiting for but it's a game he clearly wipes his ass with?

He has the nerve to say "don't worry about TxSF"? Is not releasing a single shitty screen and making 5 other games instead OF THIS FUCKING ONE a good enough reason to worry? I think ummmmmmmmmmmm yes.

I'm sorry guys. I have to went. I'm almost sick from anger and sadness. This is how much Tekken means to me and I'm losing all hope Harada will even mention Tekken at EVO unless in a shitty sarcastic comment like: "What do you mean?! We gave you a T-Shirt! HAHAHA!"

Sorry guys I'm literally going crazy. Totally fucking crazy angry.

I must stop. My chest started to hurt from this dumb rage. It's not worth it.

Why do I care. Why do I fucking care.

av2k

Jesus... I just realized the longest time period between releasing main Tekken games was 3 years between T4, T5 and T6.

We're now running a 7th year and T7 likely won't be released at least for 2 more years. So what - 10? I'm depressed.

Not even want to talk about a joke of a promise that is TxSF announced 4 years ago you motherfuckers! But you can't keep it because you have to make fucking pokemon games and f2p shit! Not having the decency to cancel the fucking game and yanking the chain like there is something coming tekken fans but I wont tell you at this event but on next one and the next one and the next. This really fucking kicks my balls and spits in my face.

What is funny in a really really sad way is that I defended Harada when he was pissed at people asking for TxSF. I was thinking "Shit, they are working hard on the game for 3-4 years. Better leave them to work in peace." But they developed or are developing like 5 different games since then. Seriously? Are you kidding me? You have time, staff and money to work on all these games and can't finish this one you promised first many years ago? Is that hard? Was there 47 builds of this since 2010? Or was these 3 artworks and 2 hour work render where it stopped?

And Harada has the nerve to be mad at people for asking about a game people are waiting for but it's a game he clearly wipes his ass with?

He has the nerve to say "don't worry about TxSF"? Is not releasing a single shitty screen and making 5 other games instead OF THIS FUCKING ONE a good enough reason to worry? I think ummmmmmmmmmmm yes.

I'm sorry guys. I have to went. I'm almost sick from anger and sadness. This is how much Tekken means to me and I'm losing all hope Harada will even mention Tekken at EVO unless in a shitty sarcastic comment like: "What do you mean?! We gave you a T-Shirt! HAHAHA!"

Sorry guys I'm literally going crazy. Totally fucking crazy angry.

I must stop. My chest started to hurt from this dumb rage. It's not worth it.

Why do I care. Why do I fucking care.

Haha, I see why you're so angry but business wise, I think they want to test different markets to see what is most profitable as they are in this to make money after all. Tekken Revolution (free to play), Rise of the incarnates (PC/Free to play), and Pokken (Hardcore Nintendo fans) are to reach out to entirely different crowds.

I think the main reason they're taking their time is because TTT2 didn't do so well in sales despite being a near perfect game with a megaton amount of features and free dlc. Also, keep in mind that TekkenxStreetFighter might be their biggest chance to expand their user base by a massive percentage so they don't want to get that installment wrong especially after the sour taste that SFxT left in our mouths.

So I would remain patient and see what Harada does, he's a smart dude. Besides, TTT2 is still pretty fun with the amount of characters and depth there is. :)

GrayFoxPL

Haha, I see why you're so angry but business wise, I think they want to test different markets to see what is most profitable as they are in this to make money after all. Tekken Revolution (free to play), Rise of the incarnates (PC/Free to play), and Pokken (Hardcore Nintendo fans) are to reach out to entirely different crowds.

I think the main reason they're taking their time is because TTT2 didn't do so well in sales despite being a near perfect game with a megaton amount of features and free dlc. Also, keep in mind that TekkenxStreetFighter might be their biggest chance to expand their user base by a massive percentage so they don't want to get that installment wrong especially after the sour taste that SFxT left in our mouths.

So I would remain patient and see what Harada does, he's a smart dude. Besides, TTT2 is still pretty fun with the amount of characters and depth there is. :)

I hear you man, I hear you. I think Harada lost a bet with TTT2. He made a bet with NB big money grabbing fish that if they let him make all dlc characters and stages free the game will sell millions. He lost. Now he has to pay it all back by forcing Tekken Project to make all these nonsense F2P titles or take projects for Nintendo.

Then again some part of me thinks that these were all Harada ideas and merciless trolling. Why? Simple little thing: Tekken Revolution faces. Why you would waste time to make a tiny cosmetic surgery on characters where every other(90%) asset is copy pasted from Tag2? I can't help to have this dialog in my head.

Tekken Dev Team Member: Ok boss, we basically finished Revolution. We can work a bit on TxSF now, right?

Harada: Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....no.

TDTM: No?

Harada: No. I was thinking about. Damn, I forgot what.

TDTM: Ok. So, can we...

Harada: You know what? I want to make Tekken Revolution Xiaoyu cuter.

TDTM: What?

Harada: Can you make her face look cuter. You know, moe like?

TDTM: Boss, wouldn't we be wasting time on such details when we have so much work to be done on TxSF that's long overdue?

Harada: Baka! You know what? Let's remake all the faces into kawaii ones!

TDTM: Ok...boss.

Harada: ...and later I'm gonna tell you about this lucrative Nintendo deal. You're gonna be thrilled!

TDTM: (I want to die.)

AAK

If team ICO fans and squaresoft fans have survived this long waiting for tlg & versus... Im sure i can survive another 1-2 year wait for txsf's reveal. It's the very least i can do considering namco left me with something as majestic as ttt2. :)

GrayFoxPL

If team ICO fans and squaresoft fans have survived this long waiting for tlg & versus... Im sure i can survive another 1-2 year wait for txsf's reveal. It's the very least i can do considering namco left me with something as majestic as ttt2. :)

Not sure I can. I'm tired and weak. And probably pathetic for holding on to the Tekken dream by will alone.

TTT2 is a fantastic game with probably infinite gameplay value but let's not cheat ourselves that it wasn't made from 2007 Tekken 6. It's value is outstanding but mostly due to fantastic gameplay balancing not because of generation leap like T2 to T3 to T4 to T5 to T6. It's marvelous but not the main game in the series, never will be.

Remember how we joked that Tekken Revo was TxSF beta?

I was thinking "So in few years they took Tag2, removed tag and bound, made special effect smudges and did a little face surgery?" "TxSF is a cheap bootleg of Tag2?" "Nah, can't be."

Now, nothing would surprise me.

Dereck

You're being way too lenient with Bandai Namco.

I don't care about being able to play T7 or whatever, I'm a little frustrated on the lack of any news. If Harada said TvSF was coming in 2016, I would be content, but the "being left in the dark" part is what's bothering me.

GrayFoxPL

I don't care about being able to play T7 or whatever, I'm a little frustrated on the lack of any news. If Harada said TvSF was coming in 2016, I would be content, but the "being left in the dark" part is what's bothering me.

Man speaks the truth.

Tell me date, show me proof it exists, tell me it's canceled, but don't bullshit and test my patience and treat like a gullible idiot that believes any shit.

There is a sad polish song that goes: "... if I still knew how to laugh I would like to die here from laughter...."
This is how I feel about TxSF and how Harada treats fans waiting for it.

Sayah

It's a definite shame TTT2 sold as it did. I partly blame reviewers/journalists for not knowing what they're reviewing (see: IGN review for dissing the game for having too many characters). Bad reviews definitely impact sales.

They had given people a lot of incentives to buy the game with free early-access DLC, character returns, tekken tunes, and other things but alas..........I mean who really would have thought that essentially EVERY playable character in the franchise history would make a comeback? Minus Gon and Gun Jack, I guess?

It's the most perfect fighting game of last gen. Don't know if it'll be remembered as such. Even fighting game fans aren't that invested in it. Having the lowest entrant numbers for EVO out of all fighters is just.....hmmmm.....

Maybe people will pick this up in a decade's time and then realize what they missed out on. :p

On the plus side, TTT2 didn't get a price drop for like a year (unlike Tekken 6) so it couldn't have been doing all bad.

Pokemans?!

Hahahahaha. This literally made me lol.

AAK

I guess my leniency comes from the fact that I've been waiting for a Virtua fighter 6 for longer than the next Tekken. That game is even older than Tekken 6 by a year haha.

Sayah

Yeah, I'm not exactly happy with all the F2P testing they've been doing. If Rise of Incarnates wasn't F2P and was more of a traditional fighter, I would have been faaaaar more interested in it. It would be the new IP that I would need and then I wouldn't have minded them taking a break from the Tekken and Soul Calibur series for some time. F2P games are just not for me.

On the other hand, I can also see why they would want to wait and test the markets on the new consoles. Alternatively, launch titles can also sell in the millions too, though, and PS4 owners especially must be looking for a solid fighting game right now. I remember the time when Tekken used to move consoles. That glory is gone. :(

I also hate that they changed their name to Bandai Namco across the board. Namco Bandai just sounds better coming off the tongue.

sasuke_91

In 2011 I bought a PS3, thinking it was the right time. With the ICO Collection being released, The Last Guardian wouldn't be too far away, would it? Never have I been so wrong.
I was happy with Tekken 5 and my PS2 games back then. I didn't even like Tekken 6.

I'm sick of waiting. I've been waiting for TLG, Versus und Kingdom Hearts 3 for so long that I don't even think the games will be as great as I imagined them to be back then. I don't want this to happen to Tekken. TTT2 is so great that I even think we'll get another Tekken 4...
Prove me wrong, Harada!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank you for your post earlier, GrayFoxPL. I can't really handle Lars. A weapon against space knee was really necessary^^
That dialogue you came up with is amazing btw. Made me laugh really hard, especially when thinking of Harada's IDOLM@STER picture^^

Manbig

Despite having to run off real fast, GGs AAK. I've learned some interesting tricks on how to utilize 1,2 into VTS more effectively since 1,2, VTS f1 is a smooth transition unlike the rest of the moves out of it.

On another note, I've been trying to play a lot for the past few days and everything that I hate about this game hit me like a mach truck. Of course this is all compounded by the playing online part, but it's turned into everyone playing like set up monkeys and pressing buttons nonstop because there's so much mid ducking garbage in this game. I had a Zafina player duck under Marduk's d/b2 of all moves, and launch me with her WS punisher. Mind you, she was NOT in any sort of stance. She just teched into ducking and it clearly whiffed over her head. The primary purpose of this goddamn move is so shit like that does NOT happen! I really hope they tone this garbage down in the next game, because I think I'll quit Tekken for good if they keep going in this direction. /rant

Outside of that, I think it's finally time to go back to stick. The down input on my pad appears to be screwed. I constantly keep getting duck inputs when trying to sidestep towards the screen, and forward inputs keep registering as d/f. On top of that I just keep messing up dual button inputs like 1+2 and 2+4 which is constantly leading to me messing up juggle enders with Marduk that would end the round. I've always had that specific problem with pad though and it seems to never go away no matter how much I play. Gonna dust off the old TE stick and see how it goes.

Lastly, I'm trying to be productive this summer and level up my super basic video editing skills, so I've finally started up on a proper Marduk tutorial to throw up on my youtube channel. Just wanted to ask if anyone with some picture editing skills would be down to make some splash screens for transitions (Death?). If so, lemme know!

Sayah

I started learning Photoshop but kept putting it off. DEATH has excellent editing skills if he isn't already busy himself.

I remember you did the stream for Marduk before. Would be amazing if you made a YouTube tutorials.

I was supposed to make one for Williams but that never came to fruition. My tutorial would have sucked anyway since I don't follow frames as heavily as others.

Ah, you're going to Evo? Best of luck! Out of curiosity, Sayah participating as well?
Oh nah, I won't be there. I wish I could go but school and work take priority and I need to save money for tuition.

AAK

I used GIMP to make anything that required photoeditng on the OT for this game. Never touched photoshop before. I can help out if you need anything. Plus I think I've got a pretty damn comprehensive collection of non-official Tekken art on my hard drive and if you ever want any don't hesitate to let me know :)

AAK

^^^
I thought ign secured the exclusive rights to stream evo? Ah well should be fun :)

Also its been confirmed that the mystery announcement after smash melee isnt going to be mortal kombat x (which will be on Saturday instead). Could be where Rise of Incarnates or Pokken Fighters gets a demo on the Sunday stage.

DEATH™

Manbig, I want to help out but it has to wait a bit for me. Probably next week at best. Consumed by life right now. As much as I want to help, maybe AAK would be your best bet. He also got a bigger array of Tekken art compared to me lol.

But yeah... sorry... it's been a rough couple of weeks for me. I think I need a time to get away from it all...

Manbig

DEATH™;120405724 said:
Manbig, I want to help out but it has to wait a bit for me. Probably next week at best. Consumed by life right now. As much as I want to help, maybe AAK would be your best bet. He also got a bigger array of Tekken art compared to me lol.

But yeah... sorry... it's been a rough couple of weeks for me. I think I need a time to get away from it all...

No problem boss. Just take it easy and hope all ends up well with you.

I started learning Photoshop but kept putting it off. DEATH has excellent editing skills if he isn't already busy himself.

I used GIMP to make anything that required photoeditng on the OT for this game. Never touched photoshop before. I can help out if you need anything. Plus I think I've got a pretty damn comprehensive collection of non-official Tekken art on my hard drive and if you ever want any don't hesitate to let me know :)

Thanks you two. I'll hit you guys up after I get the actual recording done and finish planning it all out.

Out of curiosity, I played TTT2 on the X360 just to see what the online was like after several months. I played a few ranked matches and encountered a True Tekken God. Not sure if he boosted or what(I think his record was like 70%-72% win/lose ratio), but I felt that we had some really good matches even though I am considerably worst on the X360 controller and I think his Lees were impressive. I know from my experience, the better players are generally on PSN, but I never actually battled with anyone ranked that high in either version.

sasuke_91

I play a lot in World Arena and I also encountered a True Tekken God once. He was a cheater... probably Master/Grand Master level.
It's funny how people go crazy when a (legit) blue ranked player suddenly appears :p

m0t0k1

I play a lot in World Arena and I also encountered a True Tekken God once. He was a cheater... probably Master/Grand Master level.
It's funny how people go crazy when a (legit) blue ranked player suddenly appears :p

People go crazy for the stupidest reasons. I just bought the game on ps3 and had like 15 matches and 15 wins in ranked and 100% win rate people would call me a re-rank and cheater and stuff because i perfect them. But i know i am bad so i know i was going to lose soon and now i am in beginner blue rank and already lost half of my games. In blue rank so yeah just shows that rage takes over sometimes.

sasuke_91

People go crazy for the stupidest reasons. I just bought the game on ps3 and had like 15 matches and 15 wins in ranked and 100% win rate people would call me a re-rank and cheater and stuff because i perfect them. But i know i am bad so i know i was going to lose soon and now i am in beginner blue rank and already lost half of my games. In blue rank so yeah just shows that rage takes over sometimes.

Oh, by blue ranks I meant Fujin, Raijin and so on. Although Disciple to Grand Master are also blue o_O
You're on PSN now? What region? I would like to have some Xiaoyu matches^^

m0t0k1

Oh, by blue ranks I meant Fujin, Raijin and so on. Although Disciple to Grand Master are also blue o_O
You're on PSN now? What region? I would like to have some Xiaoyu matches^^

Yeah like i said i am a beginner really :D. Yes i am a deciple now. I am from Europe Netherlands so we should have a good connection. Although seeing your videos you are miles ahead of me.

sasuke_91

Yeah like i said i am a beginner really :D. Yes i am a deciple now. I am from Europe Netherlands so we should have a good connection. Although seeing your videos you are miles ahead of me.

Hey, it was the same for me when I played GrayFox 6 months ago. Got destroyed over 15 times in a row and he told me my Xiaoyu was too predictable. You definitely benefit from playing better players. If you want to play sometimes, add me. My PSN is UchihaSasuke_91 (dumb name, I know :p)

m0t0k1

Hey, it was the same for me when I played GrayFox 6 months ago. Got destroyed over 15 times in a row and he told me my Xiaoyu was too predictable. You definitely benefit from playing better players. If you want to play sometimes, add me. My PSN is UchihaSasuke_91 (dumb name, I know :p)

I will add you tonight when i get home. Yeah i believe fighting higher opponents you will get better yes but thanks to my wrist injury i sadly don't have time to put into training. Or a lot of matches or games anyway but i love to do a quick round against you sometime soon :)

No

EDIT: Yeah that reads badly. What I mean is, probably not legit.

Yeah, that what I was thinking. I mean he was really good, but obviously I got slightly suspicious when I took him to the final round literally everytime we fought each other and I am definitely out of practice on the XBox version. The timing of his pokes and combos were great though.

GrayFoxPL

Hey. Stick with us. We need more European Tekken GAF.

Add me too: GrayFoxPL

And don't worry, we have friendly Tekken atmosphere here.

Sasuke upgraded so much in short time it's scary. I don't even want to come close to his Phoenix stance Xiaoyu - that little girl has death in her eyes now. When I win it mostly because of experience and dirty ass tricks, haha. It doesn't matter if he has full health or few pixels, he can come back from clutch and kill me. I think that's the most important skill - that cold blood that let's you turn the tides of match.

m0t0k1 who do you play as?

m0t0k1

m0t0k1 who do you play as?

As one of your drunken party characters Alisa :lol and Ling. Trying to learn a couple of new characters as back up though. Because both my characters are really predictable. and Alisas combo strings are easy to separate so easy to counter. I Played Jin during Tekken 4 and my previous main team was Jin/ Ling But it feels like a complete different character now with tags and stuff and is kinda complicated to play so i kinda dropped him. I now think about playing Bob or Miguel. To mix things up i need to have a good heavy hitter to mix it up since my alisa/ling team does not do a lot of damage and still can't tag combo so that balance things a bit i hope.

sasuke_91

Sasuke upgraded so much in short time it's scary. I don't even want to come close to his Phoenix stance Xiaoyu - that little girl has death in her eyes now. When I win it mostly because of experience and dirty ass tricks, haha. It doesn't matter if he has full health or few pixels, he can come back from clutch and kill me. I think that's the most important skill - that cold blood that let's you turn the tides of match.

Lag has a lot to do with that. It makes AOP Xiaoyu invincible :p
And never roll back when you're on the ground. That girl is so fast she picks you up into a juggle from any position. Her oki is great.

As one of your drunken party characters Alisa :lol and Ling. Trying to learn a couple of new characters as back up though. Because both my characters are really predictable. and Alisas combo strings are easy to separate so easy to counter. I Played Jin during Tekken 4 and my previous main team was Jin/ Ling But it feels like a complete different character now with tags and stuff and is kinda complicated to play so i kinda dropped him. I now think about playing Bob or Miguel. To mix things up i need to have a good heavy hitter to mix it up since my alisa/ling team does not do a lot of damage and still can't tag combo so that balance things a bit i hope.
Bob should not be too hard to pick up. Never played him though. Just be careful to not spam his cd2 launcher, it's launchable on block. I see a lot of people do that mistake.

GrayFoxPL

Ooh Alisa. I hate this character with a passion, for ascetics mind you, but I also think it's a terrible character overall, not a threat. Imo of course but mind you I say this after fighting hundreds of Alisas.

Other choices are pretty good. Jin/Ling would have good netsu from Xiao side at least. Jin is very very strong here, few good reads and opponent is dead also 1,2,4 is one of the better combo fillers in the game. He got superb buffs since T6. I play him too. I play like half of the cast because I love'em and can't decide on few alone. Worst thing about it is my terrible memory, If I change characters on the fly I don't know what I'm doing. Lol.

I remember Sasuke didn't tag combo when we first played, then I told him he would kill me many times if he tag comboed me in key situations. Now he doesn't miss the occasions. It's awkward to learn at first but worth it. I didn't know what's going on in this game first few weeks too.

I didn't know what's going on first few weeks

Guys TEKKEN EVO pools are starting now!

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo2

Top Bottom