• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Fraeon

I enjoy JDCR's play as much as anyone but after Tom Cannon saying that he's not allowed anymore...

I don't really like favoritism even though it is one of the best of the best.

m0t0k1

Ooh Alisa. I hate this character with a passion, for ascetics mind you, but I also think it's a terrible character overall, not a threat. Imo of course but mind you I say this after fighting hundreds of Alisas.

Yeah normally you can't judge when you see an avatar but i have a thing for cute girls wrecking shit. Different taste for different people i love her aesthetics. And i completely agree with you that she isn't really viable in high tier play but i just love using her. She is really easy to use for a beginner like me. So many people online fall for a simple 1,1,2 but once you know the match up you can't do anything because its all blocked. So yeah i like using her as my main but if i want to get better i know i need a new character. Jin is a nice option to yes have so i hope to put in some work with him soon.

Also once again Sasuke thanks for the matches. I know i need to stop following up my Alisa attacks because i see they are easy sidewalkable now :p You are really good. And my Ling needs a lot of work compared to you.

Dereck

Inkog cannot be tamed!

tumblr_mg0skq2QIs1rbppffo1_250.gif

sasuke_91

I remember Sasuke didn't tag combo when we first played, then I told him he would kill me many times if he tag comboed me in key situations. Now he doesn't miss the occasions. It's awkward to learn at first but worth it. I didn't know what's going on in this game first few weeks too.
Yeah, I didn't know a single tag combo back then^^
You were the one who told me how to do them. If it weren't for you I'd probably still use my 60 dmg solo combos I learned in Tekken 6 and be stuck in the Master/Grand Master ranks.

Good games motoki. I'm sorry I didn't really know how to handle the situation. Trying to teach someone the game without talking is hard, and going all out would have been frustrating. Letting you win is also senseless.
First of all, you're pretty good at blocking. I couldn't hit you with Xiao's backturn d+4 after the first time. You blocked it many times. You always defended when I stood right in front of you, you stopped defending though when I was running towards you. Don't stop blocking and try to build up space.
Another thing is that you don't use many moves, instead you try to rely on a few combos that have a low in them. Go through your characters' movelists. You don't have to learn all of them, just try to variate between a few to keep your opponent pressured. Poke a lot with a few quick jabs or safe mids. And grab more. Combos come after that.

I know Xiaoyu is pretty hard to handle. She's very fun to play though :)

EDIT: Hm, I can't watch any streams today. I hope I'll be able to watch the finals at least.

m0t0k1

Yeah, I didn't know a single tag combo back then^^
You were the one who told me how to do them. If it weren't for you I'd probably still use my 60 dmg solo combos I learned in Tekken 6 and be stuck in the Master/Grand Master ranks.

Good games motoki. I'm sorry I didn't really know how to handle the situation. Trying to teach someone the game without talking is hard, and going all out would have been frustrating. Letting you win is also senseless.
First of all, you're pretty good at blocking. I couldn't hit you with Xiao's backturn d+4 after the first time. You blocked it many times. You always defended when I stood right in front of you, you stopped defending though when I was running towards you. Don't stop blocking and try to build up space.
Another thing is that you don't use many moves, instead you try to rely on a few combos that have a low in them. Go through your characters' movelists. You don't have to learn all of them, just try to variate between a few to keep your opponent pressured. Poke a lot with a few quick jabs or safe mids. And grab more. Combos come after that.

I know Xiaoyu is pretty hard to handle. She's very fun to play though :)

EDIT: Hm, I can't watch any streams today. I hope I'll be able to watch the finals at least.

Thanks for the tips sasuke :) I know you are a lot better yes since i knew there where a lot of times where you could punnish but did not and because of the videos you uploaded. Yeah ling is very fun to play that is why i use her. The problem with you moving towards me is because i get afraid off the grab( that always happens online to me so kinda traumatic). I know i still don't fully understand the grab game and am really bad at it. How to break them or when i can go in for a grab. Only did it a few times because i was sure i had the frame advantage. I watched some videos of Aris explaining it. But i still need to put some practice in it. It also is true i need to work on my combo's going to watch some videos hoping to get some inspiration. I am kinda used to the nintendo controls so i need a bit of time to adjust to ps3. I normally play tekken ball with friends so i still need to learn more of the real game :p

Top Bottom