• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

sasuke_91

Argh, didn't get to watch anything until now. What did I miss? Is av2k still in? I'm rooting for you, so don't disappoint me :p
Secret announcement sounds interesting. It has to be TxSF. If not, I'm going to cry a bit.

Thanks for the tips sasuke :) I know you are a lot better yes since i knew there where a lot of times where you could punnish but did not and because of the videos you uploaded. Yeah ling is very fun to play that is why i use her. The problem with you moving towards me is because i get afraid off the grab( that always happens online to me so kinda traumatic). I know i still don't fully understand the grab game and am really bad at it. How to break them or when i can go in for a grab. Only did it a few times because i was sure i had the frame advantage. I watched some videos of Aris explaining it. But i still need to put some practice in it. It also is true i need to work on my combo's going to watch some videos hoping to get some inspiration. I am kinda used to the nintendo controls so i need a bit of time to adjust to ps3. I normally play tekken ball with friends so i still need to learn more of the real game :p

Beginners tend to use the same grab over and over again. Just mash 1 the first time and if it doesn't work, mash 2. If you manage to break one throw, you can normally break them all the time :p
By the way, I deleted my video because one guy said it's not okay for me to upload a video of him without telling him. He asked me to delete it, so I did.

EDIT: BAM! I'm a member now! :)

av2k

I gotta be honest guys, that jdcr vs ao match was BORING. Went back upstairs for shots. ^_^

I lost to AO (I dropped a combo that would have sent him to losers while up 1 match and 2 rounds), made it out of bracket to top 16, and lost to EBM (don't know how to fight capos, got raped).

Thanks for rooting for me neogaf!

Manbig

I gotta be honest guys, that jdcr vs ao match was BORING. Went back upstairs for shots. ^_^

I lost to AO (I dropped a combo that would have sent him to losers while up 1 match and 2 rounds), made it out of bracket to top 16, and lost to EBM (don't know how to fight capos, got raped).

You're probably gonna wanna leave the rape analogies to shitheads like Jinmaster.

Other than that, congrats on making it to top 16, despite being Tekken'd out of your match with AO.

sasuke_91

Looks like we have a champion.

Congrats on making it to top 16. I still have to watch your matches though^^

Sayah

Congrats on Top 16. :)

Also, they were doing extremely aggressive movement, which is why it might have looked boring. But their hands were working crazy.

GREAT EVO for Tekken.

I hope TTT2 somehow finds its way to Evo 2015. Such good matches. But it'll surely be at Final Round.

HARADA SAID HE HAS ANNOUNCEMENT ON SUNDAY BEFORE USF4 FINALS!

TXSF!!!

TEKKEN X STREET FIGHTER!

Hmmmm...I am thinking that Pokken game or whatever it is going to be called. IF it is TXSF, I hope it is relatively far in development considering it was announced so long ago. We'll see.

m0t0k1

Argh, didn't get to watch anything until now. What did I miss? Is av2k still in? I'm rooting for you, so don't disappoint me :p
Secret announcement sounds interesting. It has to be TxSF. If not, I'm going to cry a bit.

Beginners tend to use the same grab over and over again. Just mash 1 the first time and if it doesn't work, mash 2. If you manage to break one throw, you can normally break them all the time :p
By the way, I deleted my video because one guy said it's not okay for me to upload a video of him without telling him. He asked me to delete it, so I did.

EDIT: BAM! I'm a member now! :)

Yeah i noticed it today during a match i could throw break a guy 5 times in a row :lol But once the connection get worse like 2 bar or lower it is pretty hard to throw break. Yeah some people dislike seeing videos of themselfs because they hate to lose But everybody loses you know so no point in hiding it. Also congratz on becoming a member. Now you can create your own threads :D Just watched the TTT2 top 8 and it was pretty good to bad Gen could not get that re-run in the final.

av2k

Whoops, i made top 32, not 16. I watched janbawockies yesterday and just got back from visiting hoover dam today. Will be watching mystere tonight!

AZUMIKE

The game got registered trademarks and they showed a quick 2 second concept video/clip of how a Pokemon fighter might work.

That's it so far.

Lol, its crazy how its been made out to be a "fighting game". For all we know it was a Poke-Stadium type game.

AZUMIKE

Ah yes, that makes more sense. Although, I wouldn't jump the gun...

Nevertheless, I look forward to what Nintendo is up to. And what Harada is up to...

AAK

Holy crap @ the way Gen used Leo.... I felt the major urge to just rest Hwoarang and go full on with Leo. He was playing her beyond anything I expected from that character. It looked soooo fun.

Holy crap @ the way Gen used Leo.... I felt the major urge to just rest Hwoarang and go full on with Leo. He was playing her beyond anything I expected from that character. It looked soooo fun.

I don't know how he kept getting away with crouch dash out of KNK stance up close. I always get punished for that online.

But yeah, she is a hard-hitting character. Very satisfying to play.

AAK

I don't know how he kept getting away with crouch dash out of KNK stance up close. I always get punished for that online.

But yeah, she is a hard-hitting character. Very satisfying to play.

It's not really something you can punish, you have to guess they're gonna do the crouch dash. If you're trying to react to the crouch dash, I'm pretty sure it's already too late and you'll probably get counterhit.

It's not really something you can punish, you have to guess they're gonna do the crouch dash. If you're trying to react to the crouch dash, I'm pretty sure it's already too late and you'll probably get counterhit.

Yeah, it's probably because they know I'm always going to crouch dash. But it's not like she can do anything scary out of that stance.

DEATH™

It'shappening.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed that Kunimitsu makes a return to the canon-roster. Having her back in TTT2 reinvigorated my love for the series.

Im honestly pessimistic about that... When Harada said 40 chars, you never know who will stay or go...

Sayah

It'shappening.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed that Kunimitsu makes a return to the canon-roster. Having her back in TTT2 reinvigorated my love for the series.

I think Kunimitsu has proven to be a really popular choice among players (at least online) and I hope she's here to stay.

The "problem" with Tekken having such a large roster is that I love so many of the characters. TTT2 spoiled me.

Miguel is non-negotiable though. He MUST be included.

Dereck

Gonna bet on a lot of character unfamiliarity regarding Gen's opponents.

Manbig

Gonna bet on a lot of character unfamiliarity regarding Gen's opponents.

Negative. He was making a lot of hard reads with those hopkicks and that carried him incredibly far. Most people didn't try to challenge her stance shenanigans, because they knew better. It didn't look like match up knowledge played a major role in most of his wins.

Pachimari

I wonder what happens with Tekken X Street Fighter if they are starting up Tekken 7 as well?

I'm excited none the less.

I just miss playing Tekken but unfortunately I away my PS3, so I gotta wait a few months to buy another one.

I don't know if any of you remember me but I was that dude totally wanting Shin in Tag 2. :)

av2k

Holy shit, Harada san can drink, I feel like a scrub against him. He was downing tequila like nothing, really enjoyable! Ao being loosened up by alcohol is pretty funny as well! My makers mark and Jack daniels bottles are empty, mission complete!

You guys should really be here. ^_~

LETS GO EVOOO FINALSSSS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

GrayFoxPL

Holy shit, Harada san can drink, I feel like a scrub against him. He was downing tequila like nothing, really enjoyable! Ao being loosened up by alcohol is pretty funny as well! My makers mark and Jack daniels bottles are empty, mission complete!

You guys should really be here. ^_~

LETS GO EVOOO FINALSSSS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

Get Harada drunk and let him spill beans about Tekken. :D

Top Bottom