• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Cheddahz

Banned
AHH TEKKEN 7 LEAKED!!!!

i1NRIdpvZ0GPn.gif

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;120810718 said:
The more I hear from what Tekken's direction goes, and the people's responses everywhere, I'm more depressed than excited...

We don't know anything about direction Tekken's going.

Sayah

After hyping up an announcement and getting Tekken fans excited, it would be just wrong to leave just because IGN was stupid and leaked it.

The alternative is he's trolling. Its no coincidence ono has a scheduled greeting right after harada. They must be pulling some shenanigans.

Menome

Tekken threads in gaming = a bunch of people who loved Tekken 3

For me, Tekken's primary draw is the character roster. I always felt Tekken 3 had a lacklustre line-up and so despite the obvious advancements in gameplay and graphics, it never got as much play time as its predecessor despite its position as 'the one to beat'.

Cheddahz

Banned
Tekken threads in gaming = a bunch of people who loved Tekken 3

Pretty much, which is a bummer. I mean, I love Tekken 3 as much as everyone else, but yeah...I think Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is superior in every way

Speaking of older Tekken games, I picked up Tekken 2 for a buck (thanks to the PSN Flash Sale) and it's been so long since I've played a Tekken without a blocking system that I'm really sucking at this game

DEATH™

- Of course Solo will come back. I loved the tag system, but it's something I can deal with.

- Character reduction. As a guy who spent a bit of time in martial arts, being a fan of martial arts, and inspired me to dwell on art, this thing hurts. First of all, I love the huge AND diverse characters and the characters accurately and discliplined representing them or giving them their own flavor, which is the art in martial art. It's like battling philosophies both character wise and player wise. And each char represents each art greatly. Losing one hurts for me. I guess to deal with this, I'm just gonna draw and draw and draw, or probably make 3D models someday...

- Those things I can deal with, but people complaining about the game because it wasn't like Tekken 3? Obviously people who complained is just mad salty when losing and I understand that, but casualifying the game? And trust me, those same people will complain again when their wishes get granted and still get whooped hard by the TTT2 vets. People do not know what they want. I go on GAF, Tumblr, Twitter, DA and sites and I kept being proved right everytime I think the problem with Tekken is the consumers are a bit too misinformed/ignorant/prideful to admit they need improvement. Good thing general Tekken movement will still stay, but darn it if they pull out a Tekken Rev on us. Justify it as you want, that game is no fun and boring to play, even without stats.

We don't know anything about direction Tekken's going.

Harada gave us a glimpse of what would happen in the next game...

DEATH™;120841471 said:
- Of course Solo will come back. I loved the tag system, but it's something I can deal with.

- Character reduction. As a guy who spent a bit of time in martial arts, being a fan of martial arts, and inspired me to dwell on art, this thing hurts. First of all, I love the huge AND diverse characters and the characters accurately and discliplined representing them or giving them their own flavor, which is the art in martial art. It's like battling philosophies both character wise and player wise. And each char represents each art greatly. Losing one hurts for me. I guess to deal with this, I'm just gonna draw and draw and draw, or probably make 3D models someday...

- Those things I can deal with, but people complaining about the game because it wasn't like Tekken 3? Obviously people who complained is just mad salty when losing and I understand that, but casualifying the game? And trust me, those same people will complain again when their wishes get granted and still get whooped hard by the TTT2 vets. People do not know what they want. I go on GAF, Tumblr, Twitter, DA and sites and I kept being proved right everytime I think the problem with Tekken is the consumers are a bit too misinformed/ignorant/prideful to admit they need improvement. Good thing general Tekken movement will still stay, but darn it if they pull out a Tekken Rev on us. Justify it as you want, that game is no fun and boring to play, even without stats.

I enjoy Rev without stats sans oki being non-existent.

DEATH™

TR still has oki. Don't buy into the hyperbole please.

If bound still is in, I don't mind the change as long as we can bound them for a juggle. Makes bound really important oki wise.

Again, Invincibles shouldn't be totally universal on all chars, and do not just change swaybacks/shoulders as invincibles, make new moves for them while looking at the overall design and feel of characters, just like tracking moves isn't as equally good on all chars, or it's gonna transform Tekken into a boring game to watch and play.

braves01

Banned
As some one who started with Tag 2 and has only super briefly dabbled with earlier games, I hope bound stays. It just makes for more interesting combos even if it does suck when someone good juggles you like a professional clown.

---

Are Tag 2 finals up anywhere yet?

AAK

Whether we like it or not... all those people in the gaming section are the guys that make it possible for Tekken to have the budget it does. If they didn't have it their way we wouldn't have gotten the series to the point it is today. Let's try to welcome them with open arms. And if T7 ends up sucking, there will always be Virtua Fighter or the next Tekken after that to indulge in :) But I find that extremely unlikely. Tekken 7 will have an arcade release so I'm sure they'll give us something great to cater to that market.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Whether we like it or not... all those people in the gaming section are the guys that make it possible for Tekken to have the budget it does. If they didn't have it their way we wouldn't have gotten the series to the point it is today. Let's try to welcome them with open arms. And if T7 ends up sucking, there will always be Virtua Fighter or the next Tekken after that to indulge in :) But I find that extremely unlikely. Tekken 7 will have an arcade release so I'm sure they'll give us something great to cater to that market.

As with any new competitive game release thread, you get a bunch of interest which dies out after a month after release, leaving only the people who actually care to learn and play left. :)

At least with the game coming out on PS4, it will mean you can add anyone who shows interest without having to worry about bumping someone who will actually end up playing.

AAK

T7 will be exclusive to arcades for at least 9 months to a year. So if it comes out in Fall 2015/Winter 2016, we won't see it on consoles until 2016 or 2017. By then I wonder if they will still be interested haha... But being a number title, it's going to have heavy story elements so I'm sure some will still come for that stuff.

Dereck

T7 will be exclusive to arcades for at least 9 months to a year. So if it comes out in Fall 2015/Winter 2016, we won't see it on consoles until 2016 or 2017. By then I wonder if they will still be interested haha... But being a number title, it's going to have heavy story elements so I'm sure some will still come for that stuff.
Will it be an arcade game?

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;120841471 said:

Tell me you don't really believe f2p mod of TTT2 is really anything important for both Harada and Tekken future. Have you seen other Namco f2p games? They are all simplistic because they are only f2p cash ins.

Pretty sure the announcement leak only informed about T7 coming to consoles.

DEATH™

Tell me you don't really believe f2p mod of TTT2 is really anything important for both Harada and Tekken future. Have you seen other Namco f2p games? They are all simplistic because they are only f2p cash ins.

You never know... When they talk about simplifying the game, this always come to mind...

GrayFoxPL

It said multiple consoles. So that means Arcade/PS4/XO/PC. And judging by money that Namco can make, Arcade will most surely get it exclusively for a while.

Neither arcade or pc is a console. Not that I don't think it shouldn't hit arcades first, though times change.

DEATH™

I can live with this roster...

If Rolex, Bears, Laws, and Eddy/Tiger take up their own spot, that would be 46.
Mokujin and Combot don't count.

Add 2-4 chars and we good.

Miharu though T_T I want that selfie back... Even just a pallete swap is fine...

Interesting note too that Julia is Julia, but the description is Jaycee's...

Of course this isn't a set in stone thing but it's nice to see which characters Namco wants to promote...

Dereck

You're right, the hardcores like us aren't going to make Tekken sell well.

AAK

LOL, I am soooooo glad I kept my expectations low.

Ah well, I am OK with this being the last Tekken. A new IP is looooong overdue.

EDIT: HARADA DON'T YOU DARE GIVE KAZUYA AN ENGLISH VOICE AGAIN

Top Bottom