• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Dereck

I gotta say that I am glad that Tekken does not over-sexualize it's female characters. Even Christie is pretty tame when compared to other female characters from other games.

The Tekken Tag Tournament 2 female character model is generally tame in all areas, no one area is exaggerated besides maybe some parts of Miharu because she is a DLC character.

Angular/boxy shoulders/upper body are the only complaints I have with the Tekken models, and it isn't exclusive to the women. Perhaps they should create the models in a natural standing position instead of a T-pose (vaguely recall EA doing this with the latest UFC).

Atlanta is the home of Tekken? I never knew that. I live sort of near Atlanta and never knew there was any type of competition here.

How did you not know, you must don't follow competitive Tekken closely? Atl is underground still though so only Clint, pokchop,Anakin, and more recently Speedkicks do well. I forgot about Shola too..and maybe obscure? Not sure.

How did you not know, you must don't follow competitive Tekken closely? Atl is underground still though so only Clint, pokchop,Anakin, and more recently Speedkicks do well. I forgot about Shola too..and maybe obscure? Not sure.

Yeah, I unfortunately don't really keep up with Tekken competitively, especially within the last few years. Guess I'm a casual Tekken player now unfortunately. :/ It's crazy because I didn't think there was any type of scene in Atlanta or actually near my area and in actuality, it was.

AAK

I gotta say that I am glad that Tekken does not over-sexualize it's female characters. Even Christie is pretty tame when compared to other female characters from other games.

The Tekken Tag Tournament 2 female character model is generally tame in all areas, no one area is exaggerated besides maybe some parts of Miharu because she is a DLC character.

Yeah, the proportions thankfully are not exaggerated unlike SC/DOA. But there are issues with promiscuity though haha. Some of those banapass cards....

http://i.minus.com/iq2CEkyayduJn.png http://i.minus.com/i71fvpHL5oG7v.jpg

Dereck

image.php

Speaking of proportions...

tekgirlssmallheads4_zps7a4fb210.png

I just hope that customizations go away if they can't do it without doing the above. Learning that they gave primarily the females smaller heads and a taller stance to give the impression of height has ruined it for me. Oh and yes, whether it is right or wrong, several Tekken character models are on the internet for free download. Putting them into a 3d editor reveals the eye trick that Namco has played on us for years. I really hope with the decreased amount of characters means they will be of correct size.

AAK

I hope they completely shitcan every asset from Tag 2 and Tekken 6 for Tekken 7, which will probably be likely.

If they're going for a 36-38 man cast... I personally doubt it. That's a lot of resources and I think it'll be more likely to have new models for when they actually do a complete timeskip like T3 or reboot like T4. Even if it's UE4 I'm sure there's a relatively hassle-free way to import the model from whatever software the Tekken team currently uses to UE4.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

AZUMIKE

Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian

Tekken 7 will prrobably get released before any of them, although it's the last game that was announced^^

@UltWarrior1: Congrats on becoming a member ;)

Thanks man I just finally noticed!

I'm gonna call a summer 2015 arcade release, and a then spring 2016 console release. 2016 seems likely. Maybe FFXV will be out before then...

GrayFoxPL

Guys I recorded a short clip regarding Kazuya vs counters.

Tell me if you can see it.

Also at the end is T5DR Kazuya missing elbows and db+2 that has elbow smash animation just... you see, lol.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hOLUTrvkHo

CD3 can not be countered like Doomshine said.

Demon scissors can be countered by Paul, Nina, Anna, Devil Jin and Jin(but I can't get Jin's b+1+2 ff,b+2+4 counter to work in tag2, works in T5,T6).

uf+3, fc df+3+4, db+2 counterable.

Non counterable single moves: df+3, cd3, 4~3(some characters).

Other thing:

ATP posted old interviews with Harada regarding TxSF
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...rviews-with-harada-on-the-development-of.html

Stuck at jumping...ok.

Now I understand why this is such a disaster: Harada wanted to join 2 polar opposite gameplay styles in one fighting game. Something like Streetfighters will be able to jump arc while Tekken dudes will stay on the ground. Wat. I don't understand why try to do the impossible. SxTK was a Street Fighter game with Tekken characters that had few signature moves but basically played like usual characters in SF game.

Why not just make a Tekken game with SF characters then? Why Harada wants to make SF players feel like they are playing SF game and Tekken players Tekken - simultaneously? Wat. Ono didn't do that, Tekken players didn't feel at home in SFxTK, everyone knew it was SF game.

GrayFoxPL

So basically he made it harder on himself than it needed to be.
I thought we were getting a crossover that played like Tekken? no wonder.

I was hoping for the same, that's why I was pissed at why is it taking so long to put Ken in the game give him some flashy strings combos and leave 3 special moves. Not like Tekken doesn't have shoryukens. Tatsumaki would be piece of cake and fireballs they showed with Eliza in Revo.

But no, it's too obvious.

Even if they added jumping; sidestepping would make it more worthless than a shoryuken ever could. Projectiles are good enough of a mix to me, and I hope Eliza is the start of more projectile characters in Tekken. To keep Tekken's balance the characters have slowly become more and more similar, so projectiles and whatever else they realize will be a nice wrench in the gears.

GrayFoxPL

Even if they added jumping; sidestepping would make it more worthless than a shoryuken ever could. Projectiles are good enough of a mix to me, and I hope Eliza is the start of more projectile characters in Tekken. To keep Tekken's balance the characters have slowly become more and more similar, so projectiles and whatever else they realize will be a nice wrench in the gears.

What if the jumps were homing, trolol. Dash under jumping Ryu, Ryu does 180 in the air and lock ons on opponent with jump kick.

What if the jumps were homing, trolol. Dash under jumping Ryu, Ryu does 180 in the air and lock ons on opponent with jump kick.

I can see people bitching about that. Harada really put himself into a tight spot but now I know it wont exactly play like Tekken I will put it in the back of my mind.

At least til there is concrete info on a release date.

GrayFoxPL

I can see people bitching about that. Harada really put himself into a tight spot but now I know it wont exactly play like Tekken I will put it in the back of my mind.

At least til there is concrete info on a release date.

When they'll resolve jumping Harada will try to figure out how to implement SF 3-4 frame jabs against 10 framers in Tekken. For next 3 years.

I happy with Tekken 7 announcement so now TxSF is a fairytale I can joke about.

When they'll resolve jumping Harada will try to figure out how to implement SF 3-4 frame jabs against 10 framers in Tekken. For next 3 years.

I happy with Tekken 7 announcement so now TxSF is a fairytale I can joke about.

My thoughts exactly.
Even if Tekken 7 was not the game he had planned to announce it should have been anyway.

Doomshine

random question, but what's up with the little extra animation that Bruce does after a forward dash, do other characters have something like this?

Not necessarily true. It depends on how wide projectiles are and what kind of benefits there are to jump in attacks (stun, frame advantage, crossup, etc).

sasuke_91

random question, but what's up with the little extra animation that Bruce does after a forward dash, do other characters have something like this?

Bruce does a lot of little extra animations that confuse me. Whenever I expected a low when you dashed forward, a mid came out instead.
Leo is a lot of fun though. I only went through her movelist once, so I didn't really know what I did. I only know that db2,2 bounds, so I used it after launching you :p
I'll probably keep her and team her up with Jin. Good games by the way^^

Doomshine

Bruce does a lot of little extra animations that confuse me. Whenever I expected a low when you dashed forward, a mid came out instead.
Leo is a lot of fun though. I only went through her movelist once, so I didn't really know what I did. I only know that db2,2 bounds, so I used it after launching you :p
I'll probably keep her and team her up with Jin. Good games by the way^^

ggs, took me a little while to get her BnB down, but it's easier than it looks.

MikeMyers

I have no control over the thread title, only moderators do :( But this is a community thread, I'm OK with anything the community decides :)

I can get it changed for you. Just post here what you want the new title to be and I'll get the mods to change it.

Sayah

I have no control over the thread title, only moderators do :( But this is a community thread, I'm OK with anything the community decides :)

Suggestions made in this thread so far. Pick one.

Or everybody vote for 1.

TTT2 |OT| of Collecting Hate Mails - Waiting For Tekken 7

TTT2 |OT| Tekken 7? I need dat.

TTT2 |OT| GOTF or GTFO

TTT2 |OT| Where hopkick happens.

TTT2 |OT| YOLO Hopkick

TTT2 |OT| We have options baby!

TTT2 |OT| Free DLC? WE NEED DAT

TTT2 |OT| Tekken a 7 fo me to blow yo mind

TTT2 |OT| Fists Like 7ekken.

TTT2 |OT| Tekken 7ekken to the next generation.

TTT2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I can get it changed for you. Just post here what you want the new title to be and I'll get the mods to change it.

Yes, please.

AAK

^^^ You choose too!

Thanks for taking the initiative MikeMyers!

So my other fellow regulars Manny, bout, Fami, Tera, Doom, Ult, Sasuke, 9p, MikeB, Rhazer, Death, Wonkey, Devastator, and everyone else I'm forgetting, make your pick(s)!

TTT2 |OT| Tekken a 7 fo me to blow yo mind

TTT2 |OT| Fists Like 7ekken.

TTT2 |OT| Tekken 7ekken to the next generation.

TTT2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

As much as I hate Snoop Dogg these 4 are brilliant!

Sayah

I vote for this.

TTT2 |OT| YOLO Hopkick

Edit: b+1 is one of Nina's most useful moves. Yes, it's launch punishable but damn it can interrupt strings like crazy. Miguel's d/f+1,1 (I think that's the command) can be easily interrupted with b+1 for instance. Shame Nina players don't use this move as often. Also, unfortunate lack of bitch slaps on grounded opponents.

DEATH™

There is a possibility that I could move to GA, my home state, next year. Hmmm, the people that live there.

And, Lars takes the crown away from Zafina and Kunimitsu for having the ugliest looking combos in Tekken history.

Nice! Someday you will be better than all of us here!

About jumping, it is easy to make it work actually. Look, in tekken, there are already crossup setups and jumping attacks that actually is hard or risky to interrupt or even dodge. The real problem is unlike SF, jumping in current Tekken can easily get you floated for a juggle, which makes them riskier so almost nobody uses them. If they can make jumps less floatier for a juggle, SF chars will feel at home.

Speaking of proportions...

tekgirlssmallheads4_zps7a4fb210.png

I just hope that customizations go away if they can't do it without doing the above. Learning that they gave primarily the females smaller heads and a taller stance to give the impression of height has ruined it for me. Oh and yes, whether it is right or wrong, several Tekken character models are on the internet for free download. Putting them into a 3d editor reveals the eye trick that Namco has played on us for years. I really hope with the decreased amount of characters means they will be of correct size.

Well, to Namco's defense, if they played us for years now and it did work, then they are doing something right.

I'm saying this because artists make design decisions based on a objective. They are no different between an architect or an engineer that they base their decisions on what the direction they want to go or things they want to emphasize etc.. Remember that these models are designed for in game and most of the time seen at either full body profile views (when fighting), 3/4 view and portrait view (winposes). And as an artist, the goal is to make them look good on those views and make adjustments accordingly there. So don't be surprised if the models look disproportioned at front view because the in game models isn't design for those. If the design direction was to make the models look beautiful at all angles and don't look so weird at motion (see DOA) then I'll make sure to do that, but there will be sacrifice on some aspects (like them hitting each other with weak slaps because you might be afraid to hyperextend the limb to make the strike look painful).

Sayah

Hadn't played against Rhazer in a while and now have realized that Rhazer has the absolute best customs in the game. I mean Ayane, Jill, Rachel, and so much more......ah.

GGs btw. I haven't played this late in a while. I was supposed to be studying, haha.

Top Bottom