• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

I knew it was noobie version of tekken. Invincible noob tube, one hit grounded oki, no rejuggle, no bound, stats that at 200 power killed in 3-4 hits. Of course f2p Tekken Lite wasn't direction series was going, lol.

Pretty much this. I want bound to stay at first it was a foreign concept but like a FG player I adapted.

Doomshine

I knew it was noobie version of tekken. Invincible noob tube, one hit grounded oki, no rejuggle, no bound, stats that at 200 power killed in 3-4 hits. Of course f2p Tekken Lite wasn't direction series was going, lol.

I know, but some people were like "welp, that's the end of Tekken".

GrayFoxPL

I know, but some people were like "welp, that's the end of Tekken".

Yeah that's why i said "Phew" intended in sarcastic manner. When people were referring to Revo as some kind of vision of the future I wasn't sure if it was a joke. Purpose of this game was pretty obvious.

AAK

Nah, Leo and Miguel are at the top when it comes to the newest characters, the others I agree with.

Leo I have very little problems with because she basically is Tekken's Akira (except the fact that she's a little too easy to play). Miguel I admit has a bit of charm to him... but I can't help but feel some of his animations are kinda.... ugly. But that may just be the choreography fanatic in me clamoring for every character to have grace in all their actions :p

I guess I'll go, been kinda getting back to playing. Would be good to sorta get back into the game full time again. Just gonna go for the casuals though, don't see wasting $60 bucks as a frugal lol

You live in Atlanta bro... home of Tekken. So many of us wish we lived in an area that had even 1/10th as much competition as ATL! :p

Sayah

I already made roster predictions.

OUT:

Dr. B
Unknown
Slim Bob
Ogre
Forrest Law
P. Jack
Combot
Tiger
Alex
Angel
Michelle
Sebastian
Miharu
Violet
Wang
Baek
True Ogre

IN:

Jin/Devil Jin (transformation) - I would be fine if they submerged the two playstyles. Devil Jin is too S tier anyway.
Kazuya/Devil (transformation)
Roger
Raven
Bruce
Steve
Paul
Bob
Nina
Asuka
Jun
Kunimitsu
Heihachi
King
Armor King
Marduk
Leo
Hwoarang
Christie/Eddy (same slot)
Lee
Lei
Kuma/Panda (same slot)
Yoshimitsu
Jack-7
Bryan
Marshall Law
Miguel
Anna
Xiaoyu
Lili
Lars
Jinpachi
Alisa
Julia
Ganryu
Zafina
Dragunov
Feng

Kunimitsu, Jinpachi, and Jun have proven waaaaaaaay too popular in TTT2 to be taken out.

But this is 38 characters......obviously some subtractions will be made. Hopefully not Anna.

Doomshine

Leo I have very little problems with because she basically is Tekken's Akira (except the fact that she's a little too easy to play). Miguel I admit has a bit of charm to him... but I can't help but feel some of his animations are kinda.... ugly. But that may just be the choreography fanatic in me clamoring for every character to have grace in all their actions :p

That's what I like about Miguel, just ugly brawling and no fucks given fighting style.

sasuke_91

But that may just be the choreography fanatic in me clamoring for every character to have grace in all their actions :p

Hwoarang players are really spoiled in that regard. You don't just beat your opponent, you beat him in the coolest looking way possible!

You live in Atlanta bro... home of Tekken. So many of us wish we lived in an area that had even 1/10th as much competition as ATL! :p

Germany doesn't even have arcades. I won't be able to play any Tekken 7 before it comes out on the PS4. Don't know any Community either, so I'm bound to you guys :p

Good games Famicom. I really enjoyed those matches. Was this our first time playing? You were on my list for such a long time, yet I don't remember ever playing against you^^
2-3 bars connection, tolerable amount of lag. Pretty much just like boutdown.
Miguel's shoulder has way too much range. He kept fucking up my spacing, got hit every single time. I guess you noticed after some time, so that didn't help either :p
It was really hard fighting you with Xiaoyu. I had to play around a lot to get a hit out of her.

Good games Famicom. I really enjoyed those matches. Was this our first time playing? You were on my list for such a long time, yet I don't remember ever playing against you^^
2-3 bars connection, tolerable amount of lag. Pretty much just like boutdown.
Miguel's shoulder has way too much range. He kept fucking up my spacing, got hit every single time. I guess you noticed after some time, so that didn't help either :p
It was really hard fighting you with Xiaoyu. I had to play around a lot to get a hit out of her.

Haha yes, I tend to abuse shoulder when I see it working. :) And yeah that was our first time playing. I have to space out and make Ling work hard because my characters don't have great anti-Ling tools.

AAK

Kunimitsu, Jinpachi, and Jun have proven waaaaaaaay too popular in TTT2 to be taken out.

I'm thinking they're only reserved for dream matches.... they're DEAD storywise! (Well Jinpachi for sure, Jun is still up in the air)

Germany doesn't even have arcades. I won't be able to play any Tekken 7 before it comes out on the PS4. Don't know any Community either, so I'm bound to you guys :p

Germany used to have such strong players in the T6 era. They had this Nina player named SabreDabre. No idea what happened to him. Did you try searching on facebook for German Tekken groups to look for local competition? Which city are you in?
Someone in the other thread mentioned Anna should be the announcer for Tekken 7.

How would that sound?

The person saying "Round 1" and "______ Wins!" and "Continue! 10.... 9....." ?

I REFUSE

Harada took the time to argue with fans on twitter about Jun's status I think she can appear in a canon game again. Kuni is a given imo if I had to choose I'd vote for Kuni over Jun.

DEATH™

But this is 38 characters......obviously some subtractions will be made. Hopefully not Anna.

Don't count on it... Ogres are way popular in TTT1 days and they didn't even showed up in T5, or even a similar character replaced them... I won't be surprised if Jinpachi is gone next game...

Also there's no reason to delete Alex since he works the same way as Kuma/Panda for Roger...

Honestly, if Harada said 45~48 char roster (excluding Moku and Combot), I would be more than happy. That's a pretty reasonable amount for a 1v1 Tekken game.

Sayah

I'm thinking they're only reserved for dream matches.... they're DEAD storywise! (Well Jinpachi for sure, Jun is still up in the air)

If this is the final Mishima battle, they should find a way to bring all the Mishima family back.

Jinpachi had supernatural powers or whatever. If Kazuya can return from a volcano, they can find a way to bring pachi back........he will need some nerfing, though. Even I agree with that.

The person saying "Round 1" and "______ Wins!" and "Continue! 10.... 9....." ?

I REFUSE

On the one hand, I love Anna's VA. On the other, yes, it kind of made me cringe imagining it in the announcer voice.
But I think we can all agree that Alisa is disposable. :p

lol

I think Alisa's moveset is amazing. However, if she makes a return (she will), I want it to be a really dramatic character turn. No longer the cheeky, happy, animu Alisa. Jin needs to be more evil, mess with her settings and turn her into a dark, killer robot.

DEATH™

I think a cap at 40 is fine. Jinpachi, and Jun can live on in other characters. But Kunimistu idk.

That goes against what they are trying to do...

The reason why I personally want to keep a bigger roster is I expect them to cut movelists too. Add that to a 1v1 game with a more simplified system and you will end with a bland game that you will only play on like a Facebook app. The game's replayability will plummet down. And that's a bad thing especially when you consider that Tekken as an arcade game relies heavily on replayability. Even the game's replayability will suffer hard without cutting the movelists hard.

If you want to "live up" other chars by merging them into others, that will mean bigger movelists for characters. Look, Asuka can have Jun's IZU and GEN for example, but darn she will have a big movelist. It's not gonna happen.

AZUMIKE

DEATH™;121377592 said:
That goes against what they are trying to do...

The reason why I personally want to keep a bigger roster is I expect them to cut movelists too. Add that to a 1v1 game with a more simplified system and you will end with a bland game that you will only play on like a Facebook app. The game's replayability will plummet down. And that's a bad thing especially when you consider that Tekken as an arcade game relies heavily on replayability. Even the game's replayability will suffer hard without cutting the movelists hard.

If you want to "live up" other chars by merging them into others, that will mean bigger movelists for characters. Look, Asuka can have Jun's IZU and GEN for example, but darn she will have a big movelist. It's not gonna happen.

1) Not sure what you mean by "That goes against what they are trying to do..."

2) No one knows if they're going to cut movelists or not, don't stress yourself. Sure they COULD do it, but really? I think AAK may be on to something, in that T7 seems to be a traditional Tekken. Anyways, the Tekken Staff have a history of making quality games, especially once the games gave been "tested" in the arcade. We'll see how it pans out...

3) By "living in other characters", I mean minor adjustments to movesets, not adding full fledged stances, etc. Doing this won't double a characters movelist lol.

Why everyone leaving Anna out of the roster in Tekken 7. Take out some animals or joke characters or something. Tekken needs a female character with a personality and mannerisms like Anna to separate her from the other females IMHO. She may not be quite as important as Nina to most, but I think she still has some fans out there. Also, Nina might be lonely without her sister. It's like having Ryu and no Ken all over again. Tom without Jerry.

I think 35 to 40 characters is a good number for Tekken 7. They could keep all of the characters and I wouldn't mind, but in all honesty I typically only see about one third or less of the characters on a consistent basis online and Namco probably knows who's popular and who isn't. Maybe you can access the palette swaps with the start button or something or put them in the same character slot.

Sayah

Why everyone leaving Anna out of the roster in Tekken 7. Take out some animals or joke characters or something. Tekken needs a female character with a personality and mannerisms like Anna to separate her from the other females IMHO. She may not be quite as important as Nina to most, but I think she still has some fans out there. Also, Nina might be lonely without her sister. It's like having Ryu and no Ken all over again. Tome without Jerry.

I think 35 to 40 characters is a good number for Tekken 7. They could keep all of the characters and I wouldn't mind, but in all honesty I typically only see about one third or less of the characters on a consistent basis online and Namco probably knows who's popular and who isn't. Maybe you can access the palette swaps with the start button or something or put them in the same character slot.

Anna's personality is hilarious alongside with her nut kicks and slaps and I love landing qcf+1 on counterhit. I won't be happy if she isn't in Tekken 7.

DEATH™

1) Not sure what you mean by "That goes against what they are trying to do..."

2) No one knows if they're going to cut movelists or not, don't stress yourself. Sure they COULD do it, but really? I think AAK may be on to something, in that T7 seems to be a traditional Tekken. Anyways, the Tekken Staff have a history of making quality games, especially once the games gave been "tested" in the arcade. We'll see how it pans out...

3) By "living in other characters", I mean minor adjustments to movesets, not adding full fledged stances, etc. Doing this won't double a characters movelist lol.

1. I mean they are trying to simplify the game to make it accessible to the masses... Which comes to this part...

2. Harada did mention in Twitter that there are just as many "techs" (moves). He does consider the amount of moves each char has. The best scenario is they just create new chars that got few moves and also easy to use (which is mostly the case), but knowing what happened in SCV, I do expect a reduction of moves to some chars as much as I hate it.

3. Minor adjustments? Like move cameos? It's still not gonna make Jun players to fully embrace Asuka. Or Armor King players to play King. Look, King has Mexican Magma 1 to have a tribute to AK, but it definetely won't make people not miss AK...

I still think a 45~48 char cap is a way ideal cap for Tekken, unless Namco are planning to do another console exclusive char shenanigans, which I don't really see...

Either way, I want TTT2 on PC and get immortalized there... TTT2 needs all the love it deserves...

Anna's personality is hilarious alongside with her nut kicks and slaps and I love landing qcf+1 on counterhit. I won't be happy if she isn't in Tekken 7.

Exactly. There is no one in the game with a personality like hers. Yeah, qcf + 1 is great and so satisfying to land. I don't think having two Williams is asking for too much. If Anna isn't in Tekken 7, I might have to skip.

Just kidding, but I will be severely disappointed

Dereck

We need a new black character that is not from Brazil, and that is not a ninja.

lmao at people thinking that Nina and Anna are clones when they are fucking not.

As much as I like Sumo Wrestling, I definitely see Ganryu as out. It is really a shame that no one can seem to get Sumo right in games. They always make them super defensive and boring for whatever reason. They should be slow of course, but a sumo should be like a Hwoarang with slaps.

Anyways, I know and will be glad to get back to Solo Tekken, but I would like a Tekken Force team to kinda keep a little bit of Tag in the game.

As much as I like Sumo Wrestling, I definitely see Ganryu as out. It is really a shame that no one can seem to get Sumo right in games. They always make them super defensive and boring for whatever reason. They should be slow of course, but a sumo should be like a Hwoarang with slaps.
Taka-Arashi wrecks shit, breh.

sasuke_91

Haha yes, I tend to abuse shoulder when I see it working. :) And yeah that was our first time playing. I have to space out and make Ling work hard because my characters don't have great anti-Ling tools.

I think this was said in that Ling Bread & Butter: She can't handle hopkicks. That should be the ultimate weapon against her :p

Germany used to have such strong players in the T6 era. They had this Nina player named SabreDabre. No idea what happened to him. Did you try searching on facebook for German Tekken groups to look for local competition? Which city are you in?

I live in a city near Frankfurt. Never tried to search for anyone to be honest.
There's also this Jin/DJin player called Sephiblack. I don't know where he lives though.

GrayFoxPL

We need a new black character that is not from Brazil, and that is not a ninja.

lmao at people thinking that Nina and Anna are clones when they are fucking not.

I think Raven is the coolest black character in fighting games. Also kinda proves Tekken team isn't racist and gave on of the most prominent character Japan is known for - a Ninja to be a black dude. What other company ever did that?

Also Bruce is overpowered, lol.

I think Tekken should cover all the bases from fighting styles to nations and it is doing a fine job so far.

Boutdown, what kind of black character you would design for Tekken?

I would probably make either a veteran soldier (Dillon!) or retired tough cop who had enough M.Zaibatsu and G.Corporation shit so he retires the retirement and gets back into fight.

Oh and he has to smoke cigar in his winning pose.

I need these fighting styles in Tekken:

Filipino martial arts
Praying Mantis
Silat

And they can go crazy with people using them.

Manbig

A dark-skinned black female, design and fighting style? No idea.

vanessa_vf5_portrait_01.jpg

I'm surprised you guys are speculating about everything but Kazumi. She's expected to be a playable character, right?

She won't be using the Mishima or Kazama fighting styles. How will she fight? She'd have to be pretty old to be Heihachi's wife. An older woman in a fighting game would be something new. What role will she play? Final boss w/ Devil form?

They lightened her skin like Tecmo did with Lisa from DOA. lol.
IF Kazumi appears outside of CGI or story scenes I expect it to be like Jinpachi in Tekken 5 a non playable boss.

Dereck

If there will be a dark skinned black, non white haired, American female in a fighting game, Tekken would probably do it. Realistically though, no one will ever do it.

If there will be a dark skinned black, non white haired, American female in a fighting game, Tekken would probably do it. Realistically though, no one will ever do it.

Yeah, Tekken would likely do it first before the others. Capcom had a chance and well yeah and I love Elena but still...

ATL is mad lazy though lol. Personally I haven't had the drive and I'm very used to learning the game on my own. Gotta get out that habit though.

Manbig

Outside of her awkward white hair and the Beyonce-esque bleaching of her skin, I happen to think that she has one of the best character designs in all fighting games from both a gameplay and visual perspective.

Outside of her awkward white hair and the Beyonce-esque bleaching of her skin, I happen to think that she has one of the best character designs in all fighting games from both a gameplay and visual perspective.

I agree although I hated her muscle bound Storm look in VF4. They didn't have to bleach her so much.

Jacky is still the best VF character hands down.....

Manbig

While she has some similar moves and one of her fighting poses looks like a Sambo stance, she's actually a Vale Tudo style fighter, AKA Craig Marduk.

Her whole deal is that she has 2 stances with two completely different move sets and a variety of ways to transition into them. This isn't like your typical stance character where a stance nets you a handful of new moves. She's basically two different characters in one.

Fuck this VF talk kind of makes me want to play the game now...

AZUMIKE

DEATH™;121389208 said:
1. I mean they are trying to simplify the game to make it accessible to the masses... Which comes to this part...

2. Harada did mention in Twitter that there are just as many "techs" (moves). He does consider the amount of moves each char has. The best scenario is they just create new chars that got few moves and also easy to use (which is mostly the case), but knowing what happened in SCV, I do expect a reduction of moves to some chars as much as I hate it.

3. Minor adjustments? Like move cameos? It's still not gonna make Jun players to fully embrace Asuka. Or Armor King players to play King. Look, King has Mexican Magma 1 to have a tribute to AK, but it definetely won't make people not miss AK...

I still think a 45~48 char cap is a way ideal cap for Tekken, unless Namco are planning to do another console exclusive char shenanigans, which I don't really see...

Either way, I want TTT2 on PC and get immortalized there... TTT2 needs all the love it deserves...

1) I see what you're saying here but frankly theres no evidence that they are "trying to simplify the game to make it accessible to the masses". Yes yes, we have the "poor" TTT2 sales data and the like, but that seems to be it, right? Because T7 is getting released in the arcades, I again think this game will have a traditional style. Meaning less console-only shananigans (I.E SCV and SF X T). The game will be tested in the arcades, getting high level feedback from all over. It might be a stretch to say this game will end up like an iPhone game lol.

2) "just as many moves" relative to what? Characters? Like are there too much moves? Again there's not much evidence to say that Harada thinks there are too many moves (from what I've seen). They COULD go the SCV route and cut movesets, but will that really make the game more simple? Wonder if that would fly in the arcades. Harada considers that all anyway. We'll see...

3) Yep, that's pretty much what I mean. No one said everyone would be fully satisfied! Can't please everyone lol.

-----

Bruce and Raven appearing in T7 would be sweet.

Dereck

While she has some similar moves and one of her fighting poses looks like a Sambo stance, she's actually a Vale Tudo style fighter, AKA Craig Marduk.

Her whole deal is that she has 2 stances with two completely different move sets and a variety of ways to transition into them. This isn't like your typical stance character where a stance nets you a handful of new moves. She's basically two different characters in one.

Fuck this VF talk kind of makes me want to play the game now...
I would like to play but I only have vanilla 5.

Doomshine

They lightened her skin like Tecmo did with Lisa from DOA. lol.
IF Kazumi appears outside of CGI or story scenes I expect it to be like Jinpachi in Tekken 5 a non playable boss.

I'm not following the story too much but doesn't she have the devil gene or something? She could be whatever monstrous thing they want.

I'm not following the story too much but doesn't she have the devil gene or something? She could be whatever monstrous thing they want.

Yeah, which is why I can see things turning out like in Tekken 5. Jinpachi didn't even have the devil gene but was a demon like monster as the final boss.

Top Bottom