• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

I'm gonna assume there's some problem with the internet haha. OH well, guess we can wait for the people in the crowd to tweet phone pics if they show anything.

AAK

I'm just saying that because Spooky is usually on time and even if there's downtime he'll just put a logo on the screen until things get started. The fact that he's still offline makes me think there's more of a technical issue than logistical.

GrayFoxPL

I'm just saying that because Spooky is usually on time and even if there's downtime he'll just put a logo on the screen until things get started. The fact that he's still offline makes me think there's more of a technical issue than logistical.

I see. :(

GrayFoxPL

Yup, just a CG trailer. No gameplay.

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/492754166989586432

Also returning with the English languages :(

Wonder if Kazuya's English voice is the one from SFxTK.

If Tekken 7 has a voice select option like in Ono's games I don't mind. Fun diversion.

Of course getting only English in western release of Tekken 7 would be instant suicide. But there's no reason for not having selectable voice tracks at this day and age.

AAK

Wonder if Kazuya's English voice is the one from SFxTK.

If Tekken 7 has a voice select option like in Ono's games I don't mind. Fun diversion.

Of course getting only English in western release of Tekken 7 would be instant suicide. But there's no reason for not having selectable voice tracks at this day and age.

I honestly will not enjoy Tekken as much if they do this. To me it's like playing Metal Gear Solid with Snake sounding like Bart Simpson. You don't just destroy the charm of all the characters you've established. But whatever, I guess I can get used to it.

Also, screw this SDCC audience:

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/492755446902435840

bah :(

AAK

The more the merrier. I want massive movelists and tons of options. Tag mode gave that to me in spades. When I play TTT2 I look at my teams as a single character. You may notice I almost never mix and match the different characters I use.

AAK wants 3 on 3.

Actally I wouldn't mind KOF style 3 on 3 online mode but not TAG.

Oh... but you forgot the most epic one:

king-fighters-xi-playstation-2-cover.jpg

;)

EDIT: I know I'm being unreasonable to expect all these things being in a diminutive minority... but it's just how much I've grown to love TTT2.

GrayFoxPL

The more the merrier. I want massive movelists and tons of options. Tag mode gave that to me in spades. When I play TTT2 I look at my teams as a single character. You may notice I almost never mix and match the different characters I use.

Oh... but you forgot the most epic one:

king-fighters-xi-playstation-2-cover.jpg

;)

Love this game. Never did the tag combos or whatever there was.

GrayFoxPL

Mh, I thought they'd at least show SOMETHING of the game itself :(

And after playing SFxTK... please don't give us English voices only, I cringe everytime I hear Kazuya or Jin speak English ô.O

Only is not possible imo. We already know the trailers are in JPN and ENG.

AZUMIKE

Someone tell Harada and Co to stop with this Eng Dub before the Tekken 7 hype derails lol.

Other than that, I'm hype for the "Final Battle", storywise. Now we gotta see that gameplay...

GrayFoxPL

"What Heihachi will do to Kazuya?

Or to countless others?"

Then they proceed with a montage of:

Miguel's sister dying by Jin's air raid.

Christie at master's(?) funeral.

Wang holding dying Jinpachi.

Leo at mother's grave.

Heihachi didn't do any of this! What's with this stupidity?!

AAK

Technically, all that happened as a result of Heihachi throwing Kazuya down a ravine. So indirectly... Heihachi is responsible :p

sasuke_91

Oh god, that voice acting was awful. Does anyone know where I can find the Japanese trailer?

"What Heihachi will do to Kazuya?

Or to countless others?"

Then they proceed with a montage of:

Miguel's sister dying by Jin's air raid.

Christie at master's (funeral).

Wang holding dying Jinpachi.

Leo at mother's grave.

Heihachi didn't do any of this! What's with this stupidity?!

Shit like this really bugs me. If you want to tell an interesting story, don't make things up or change details so they fit...

GrayFoxPL

Technically, all that happened as a result of Heihachi throwing Kazuya down a ravine. So indirectly... Heihachi is responsible :p

Not sure I see the ties.

Heihachi is not responsible for Devil gene fuckery.

If Heihachi is responsible for Kaz and Jin being assholes the someone is responsible for Heihachi being asshole.

I love Hei, he's the best asshole. :D

GrayFoxPL

Shinji Aramaki is director of intro for Tekken 7.

He directed Appleseed Alpha.

I watched it. Technically interesting but incredibly dull.

AAK

Oh man I cringe uncontrollably every time that trailer plays... This english dubbing is Chaos Wars tier.

Shutup Kazumi... Heihachi loved you so much he cheated on you for Scandinavian women.

GrayFoxPL

Harada confirmed Japanese voices in game.

The dude behind Kazumi is a surprise.

So not Heihachi?

Jinpachi killed Kazumi, maybe?

Dereck

Well I guess I'll have to rotate between Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tekken Revolution, and Tekken 6 for 2 years and pretend they're all brand new games.

AAK

Hopefully they all have brand new designs. Tired of seeing the same default outfits for 10 years now.

I liked the empty "picture 1,2,3, and 4" boxes for Lars' designs better. Just erase that piece of garbage from the game.
Beautiful

GrayFoxPL

Well I guess I'll have to rotate between Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tekken Revolution, and Tekken 6 for 2 years and pretend they're all brand new games.

I didn't think they'll say or show anything and we got more info here then on Evo.

If they gonna show more pieces on every event I'm hyped!

They pretty much spoiled that Hei didn't kill Kazumi though.

I liked the empty "picture 1,2,3, and 4" boxes for Lars' designs better. Just erase that piece of garbage from the game.

y7fHBe3.jpg

Kazumi's design is awesome, I love me some Mari Shimazaki.

Kozaki Yusuke is tied #1 with Kinu Nishimura for my favorite artists ever. So having him design a new character or redesigning an existing character has me so damn excited. If its a new character I may very well have to main him/her on principle. I dont even care about that awful trailer anymore once news of the guest artists broke lol.

AAK

Thanks AAK for the uploads of concept art. Looks amazing for Kazumi. Don't care for Lars, lol.

Also, I pointed this out in the reveal thread. Not sure why people aren't talking about it.

http://i3.minus.com/jPwiS8A9wlnuj.jpg[IMG]

HAHAHAHHA.[/QUOTE]

I did bring it up in the reveal thread:

[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=122647378#post122647378[/url]

Guess people were too offended with the dub haha.

So devil Kazumi is the boss as I speculated after Evo. Nice.

The trailer was cool and I'm excited about the story, but I wish they'd waited to announce this. Why even bother when you can't even show a screenshot. I don't think we'll be seeing this in arcades this year.

Top Bottom