• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

GrayFoxPL

ws+4, d+4 1+2. You might be able to tag in Lei and do something too but I don't know what he gets.

Thought he may get a bound :/.

What do you do after launch? Everything feels weak to a bound. After I filler with Leis f+3,1,2 and end with Miguel's ff+2,1_2 or fff+3 I get measly 75-85 damage :(.

Doomshine

Thought he may get a bound :/.

What do you do after launch? Everything feels weak to a bound. After I filler with Leis f+3,1,2 and end with Miguel's ff+2,1_2 or fff+3 I get measly 75-85 damage :(.

Not really sure what works with Lei. With Raven I do *launch* df1,F~SAVdf+1, df+4,1,F~SAVf+2 TA! Raven b+1+2, 3 Miguel ff+2,2

EDIT: maybe replace Raven's b+1+2,3 with Lei's ff+3,4?

GrayFoxPL

The book is called "How to beat GrayFoxPL".
But seriously, you know way too much about this game to be called mediocre. I still see you as my Sensei.

Nicest thing I ever heard. Really. You shall soon surpass me my young padawan. :D

Not really sure what works with Lei. With Raven I do *launch* df1,F~SAVdf+1, df+4,1,F~SAVf+2 TA! Raven b+1+2, 3 Miguel ff+2,2

EDIT: maybe replace Raven's b+1+2,3 with Lei's ff+3,4?

Thanks man, I filled with SAV 1,2,1 or df1 F~SAW 1,2,1 for the reach. I try to learn your stuff.

Wait no, I read that wrong. That's the starter, I get it. Sorry.

failfish.png

AAK

Why does Jun have such a huge following? She lacks a personality.
yeshrug.png

Hmmm... maybe it's a reflection of the popularity Jin and Kazuya since she's directly related?

Or maybe it could be a fetish thing where Jun is the only fighting game character till that time to canonically get impregnated (I think) :p

GrayFoxPL

Hmmm... maybe it's a reflection of the popularity Jin and Kazuya since she's directly related?

Or maybe it could be a fetish thing where Jun is the only fighting game character till that time to canonically get impregnated (I think) :p

So you saying MILF.

:D

Sayah

Oh no. Another live action Tekken movie.

Though, King of the Iron Fist Tournament sounds interesting. Seems to have the whole cast laid out too.
Why is Michelle so underplayed. She might be near the bottom of the list of characters I've run into online, just above Sebastian and Proto Jack.

The only useful thing that Michelle has that Jaycee doesn't is d+2,3,1. Alternately, Jaycee has a lot of useful moves that Michelle doesn't have. So everyone just picks Julia Chang.

Doomshine

Julia's 2+4 grab gives a free d+3 as a combo during floor breaks too :)

I tried this but I couldn't get it to work.

Anyway, tried all of Jack's and P. Jack's throws and I guess they can do the same thing for all their throws that break the floor, which is quite a few of them, to add 22 damage.. So pile driver does 80 damage over a breakable floor.

This must be well known right, and I just happened to miss it?

sasuke_91

Connection seems to be failing us lately, boutdown. Seemed a bit laggier than usual. Good games though.

I've been concentrating on Xiaoyu a bit more lately, trying to be a bit faster, going from AOP to RDS a lot and dance more to confuse my opponent. Instead I'm thinking too much before doing anything, which leads to me doing dumb stuff... In this case a lot of RDS 4, which is pretty bad on block (-18 I think, but it has a bit of pushback).
Oh, and Lee is doing dumb stuff too, of course^^

LowParry

Connection seems to be failing us lately, boutdown. Seemed a bit laggier than usual. Good games though.

I've been concentrating on Xiaoyu a bit more lately, trying to be a bit faster, going from AOP to RDS a lot and dance more to confuse my opponent. Instead I'm thinking too much before doing anything, which leads to me doing dumb stuff... In this case a lot of RDS 4, which is pretty bad on block (-18 I think, but it has a bit of pushback).
Oh, and Lee is doing dumb stuff too, of course^^

Honestly playing the dance game with her is not so safe online due to people just tossing out what they can pressing buttons. You should be working on her poke game. Oh and SS+3 is like everyone's death. lol

Sayah

They should just put Bruce, Hwoarang, Steve and Law on the front of the gotdamn box [/salt]

Considering it's the final Mishima battle, I doubt it.

This is the best boxart Tekken has ever had anyway. I don't know we can beat that unless we make another WIliams cover. :p (edit: in case it wasn't clear, my little emoticon represents me joking, lol). I find TTT1 to have the best Tekken boxart currently or maybe Tekken 4.

No seriously, take out Kazuya from the back and keep Jin and this would have been the best boxart TEKKEN has EVER HAD. I wished they used it as the official one for Tag 2.

AAK

I tried this but I couldn't get it to work.

Anyway, tried all of Jack's and P. Jack's throws and I guess they can do the same thing for all their throws that break the floor, which is quite a few of them, to add 22 damage.. So pile driver does 80 damage over a breakable floor.

This must be well known right, and I just happened to miss it?

Sorry, I meant her 1+3 throw, not 2+4.

Dereck

I finally decided to play Tekken Revolution. To all of the people who complain about bound, it doesn't matter. I can consistently do 8 hit juggles, without walls, with Law. You're defenseless for the same amount of time that you are with bound.

So, am I trippin or...

The combos are just as long, so do people want even shorter combos than 8 hit boundless juggles?

I notice that I keep bringing this up, teehee

Degen

Considering it's the final Mishima battle, I doubt it.

This is the best boxart Tekken has ever had anyway. I don't know we can beat that unless we make another WIliams cover. :p

No seriously, take out Kazuya from the back and keep Jin and this would have been the best boxart TEKKEN has EVER HAD. I wished they used it as the official one for Tag 2.
don't mind me Sayah

I was mad at TTT2 online because everybody picked the same characters lol

for the sequel's cover, I dunno... Jin is a stupid miniboss now and Kazuya is basically Vegeta

just make the cover a close-up of Panda's face with a little "T7" in the corner

Why does Jun have such a huge following? She lacks a personality.
yeshrug.png

She's Jin in a girl's body. What's not to
hate
like?

I finally decided to play Tekken Revolution. To all of the people who complain about bound, it doesn't matter. I can consistently do 8 hit juggles, without walls, with Law. You're defenseless for the same amount of time that you are with bound.

So, am I trippin or...

The combos are just as long, so do people want even shorter combos than 8 hit boundless juggles?

I notice that I keep bringing this up, teehee
I think Revo's combos are a little shorter depending on the character.

Sayah

don't mind me Sayah

I was mad at TTT2 online because everybody picked the same characters lol

for the sequel's cover, I dunno... Jin is a stupid miniboss now and Kazuya is basically Vegeta

just make the cover a close-up of Panda's face with a little "T7" in the corner

lol. 5 million copies sold because people think it's another Kinectimals.

Average person buying the game. "Tekken must be the company that makes these games. Not sure why they have this weird Bandai Namco logo here. Must be the engine they're using."

I'm trying to be funny. It's not working.

AAK

That is the most ambitious thing I've ever seen anyone do for a tournament. Doing commentary and analysis of every single match in a round robin style tournament sound like a logistical nightmare. That's 100's of hours of footage they're gonna have to process....

sasuke_91

Why are you doing 1,2 fn, 1,2 f4,3 combos with Lee
When I tag assault, I do 1,2 fn f4,3, but then I decide to finish the combo with Lee and add another 1,2 fn to the combo. I should try to maximize tag combo damage, I only do ~80 damage like that. Too many hits and even the tag assault filler whiffs though.
I wanted to slap myself when I did b2,4,3 into your face like a dumbass. You should have killed me for that, I deserved it xD

Edit:
Honestly playing the dance game with her is not so safe online due to people just tossing out what they can pressing buttons. You should be working on her poke game. Oh and SS+3 is like everyone's death. lol
Really funny how many hate mails I already got for SS+3. It's like... the slowest launcher ever, you have half a second to react to it, yet people call it cheap and unfair^^

Manbig

Thank you for the reminder Gray Fox. I hope something significant is shown. At the very least some verification on returning mechanics.

sasuke_91

If it's Ono then people will have their hopes high for Tekken x Street Fighter. Having their dreams crushed like that would be heartless^^

GrayFoxPL

If it's Ono then people will have their hopes high for Tekken x Street Fighter. Having their dreams crushed like that would be heartless^^

Ono announces Disney x Street Fighter.

People ask Harada about TxSF.

Harada flips table, throws chairs. People hospitalized.

Top Bottom