• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

b2f period? Or juggles that consist of b2f, b2f, b2f, b2f, b2f,?

And my Lee is not good, I agree.

Juggles because 1,2,f and b11,f can only get you so far lol.

I think if you know you're not consistent with it though you should have some discernment on when to just go for it or not. Sometimes its worth it sometimes its not. Still gotta learn though.

Sayah

That punishment video also got me thinking why I prefer 3D fighters over 2D ones. Punishment is so extremely satisfying in 3D fighters. The whole Low-Mid-High game is very fun. I also don't think anything can duplicate that feeling when you get behind your opponent and dish out massive damage.

b2f period? Or juggles that consist of b2f, b2f, b2f, b2f, b2f,?

And my Lee is not good, I agree.

I can't do b2f repetitions with Lee either. :/ If I could, I would be picking that character up for sure. I can only do b2f, 1,2,f, 1,2,f (which is relatively easy in comparison).

Dereck

Sometimes its worth it sometimes its not. Still gotta learn though.
iTqm1DHSePMf.gif

Punishment is so extremely satisfying in 3D fighters. The whole Low-Mid-High game is very fun. I also don't think anything can duplicate that feeling when you get behind your opponent and dish out massive damage.
iTqm1DHSePMf.gif

Dereck

I've played Gagguni a few times, actually, I think I got to play all three of them about three times this one time a few months ago. Of course I got #REKT, but I got a few rounds on them. You should try to get some matches with them on your channel if possible.

Sayah

I've played Gagguni a few times, actually, I think I got to play all three of them about three times this one time a few months ago. Of course I got #REKT, but I got a few rounds on them. You should try to get some matches with them on your channel if possible.

StudBuddha is on my friend list so I'll get some matches recorded with him if I can next weekend maybe.

Manbig

Can it be argued that Anna has better wall carry than Nina? Strict timing, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6eHf5wttyc

Watch in HD b/c youtube is blurry mess.

Made a video detailing punishment. Mostly looked at her mid options for punishing SSR + crouch. Her qcf+4 definitely hits. The qcf+3,2 is easily punishable. Importantly, though, the qcf+2,1 will catch SSR. It's a delayble mid-string that's hit confirmable so it's pretty useful against SSR. Also, for punishing d+3,3, it has to be a very well-timed transition from SSR to crouch. Video sort of demonstrates that.

Edit: Also, about the videos on mixups. I would love those. Specifically, I would like something focusing on Hwoarang/Baek because I think that would benefit A LOT of people. I rely on mashing b+1 with Nina during their mixups, which can be effective but not completely the best way to be responding to them as b+1 is easily punishable.

You've gotta use the Option select input that I mentioned earlier. The point is you do a slight SSR and then a slight crouch into a stand block. That is what kills all of the options. You either block and punish the mids, duck the d3,3, or SS and whiff punish the linear options. The option that can really muck things up here is Anna's QCF1. You won't get hit by it, but it is incredibly hard to get a significant punish on reaction when ducking it.

I'm definitely down to do a Hwo/Baek one. I would appreciate some help with it from someone like AAK that can help me go through the transitions and what his options are out of them though.

sasuke_91

GGs Doomshine. Bruce is so overpowered :D
Also, I should definitely follow AAK's advice: Never do Hwo's d4,4 outside of a juggle!

@AAK: I created an account on that forum you showed me. Seems like Offline sessions around my area are pretty rare. I'll see if I can revive the scene :p
The community is pretty nice though and I played (probably) one of the best active German players, IronJin (Leo/Steve player). Here's a video of him playing against Sephiblack.
He destroyed me of course, but one always benefits from playing better players.

So after we played a bit he suggested to go into practice mode to show me some proper punishing against his characters. My punishing is probably my biggest deficit and the fact that I don't really know most characters I don't play myself makes this even worse. People can catch me in some pretty cheap mix ups and I actually can't blame them, it's my own fault for not knowing what to do in certain situations. I only came as far as Marauder in ranked because I maintain my spacing and rely on whiff punishing.
This is also the reason why I should probably drop Kazuya. He's a character built for people who really know how to punish accordingly. I'm not one of them.
Until a few months ago I didn't even know what frames were all about. The discussions about +/- frames you always had were uncomprehensible for me, until I actually read into all this and studied my own characters a bit more. Now I know what I can throw out without concern and which moves I should be careful with, so even if I don't really know how to punish my opponent, I make myself less vulnerable. Progress is made in that regard, even if it's slow.

So, yeah... bear with me, guys. I'll probably still do a lot of dumb stuff in the future, but I promise to make it less.

AAK

^^Awesome! You never know till you try. Ottawa scene was nothing from 2007-2010 until one guy saw my name on (the now defunct) TekkenCanada.com and hit me up for some games.
That Soapbox video I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew7TA0kDsI8

Dang, Mike is one handsome man.

I wouldn't have been jealous if it was off any other move than b+2 *shakes fist*. Bruce is a devil.

Hahaha ^^^^

Also, seems like Harada wants to design an Arab character. Looking for suggestions from Arabs through some form of online forum.

Zafina is not Arab according to him (national origin unknown). But she can wear customized Arab clothing in Tekken 6 so I don't know.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nf3v7l

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nf3vdv

WOAH Nice FIND! Gonna post this on ATP!

sasuke_91

Interesting points. Too bad they bother you so much you want to drop the game. Let's hope Tekken 7 will be as cool as we imagine it to be.
You seem like a cool dude by the way^^

^^Awesome! You never know till you try. Ottawa scene was nothing from 2007-2010 until one guy saw my name on (the now defunct) TekkenCanada.com and hit me up for some games.

I'll give it a shot! Thanks :)

Doomshine

Is it dirty of me wanting to learn Lars? He's just so damn flashy I love it.

For the longest time I avoided characters that I really liked design-wise simply because they were top tier, but I finally said screw it in T6 and learned Bryan and now I'm trying Bruce too. I played Dragunov in DR so I've earned it :p

PhineBuyM3

Agree with a lot of stuff in this video, especially the sloppiness. But I felt this way about TTT2 2 weeks into playing and tried to ignore it because the online was so good, they brought back Kunimitsu, and made Zafina a decent character. I ended up having a back and forth thing with TTT2 up until a few months ago and stopped playing it for good.

Agree with a lot of stuff in this video, especially the sloppiness. But I felt this way about TTT2 2 weeks into playing and tried to ignore it because the online was so good, they brought back Kunimitsu, and made Zafina a decent character. I ended up having a back and forth thing with TTT2 up until a few months ago and stopped playing it for good.

Yeah its definitely not a clean game, you can try to play it like one though lol.

I would like to show Aris my video and see what he thinks.

GrayFoxPL

Hahaha ^^^^

Also, seems like Harada wants to design an Arab character. Looking for suggestions from Arabs through some form of online forum.

Zafina is not Arab according to him (national origin unknown). But she can wear customized Arab clothing in Tekken 6 so I don't know.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nf3v7l

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nf3vdv

Krav Maga confirmed? Wonder if they menage to pick a nationality that won't piss off everyone else in the region.

Is it dirty of me wanting to learn Lars? He's just so damn flashy I love it.

I already apologized GAF for learning Lars, lol.

I can't use him as easily as other characters because his playstyle is different then most characters I use. His strongest suit is ability to convert very strong juggles from any situation. But neutral game feels odd, uf+4 and uf+3 are godly but when you suddenly meet players that know how to avoid the uf+4 and punish uf+3 then Lars is kinda like: "Duuuuuuuuuuuuh, what now?" because rest of his moves aren't that great. His lows when blocked are launch punishable. Arc blast cool but zero range, spaming df+2 works wonders until someone takes 1 step back, lol. Basically I whack ff+1+2 praying it's counter hit then combo. Fff+3 because +frames on block and f+3,1,2 because natural combo.

When uf+3, uf+4 are neutralized Lars turns into that awkward guy trying to talk to girls - basically a GAFer. ;)

Also my personal opinion but he is kinda screwed when against a wall. It's "My space knee save me now!" or death, haha.

Also his moveset is bizarre. I heard rumors he's supposed to be super hero/sentai show style, but not about that. df+2 ,db+2, b+2 all look similar. I don't know if they were out of ideas or this is suppose to confuse opponents.

Still... Lars gets a launcher and everyone's dead, even his partner, because Lars is angry and doesn't give a shit. ;)

In Tekken 7 I hope they'll really work on his moveset so he wont be like: "I have 2-3 godly moves, rest is my combo filler."

GrayFoxPL

Yeah I can't wait for yet another endless string of posts complaining about Tekken stealing from VF.

Morons. Don't bother with that kind of people. VF and Tekken couldn't be more different.
Even implementing same martial arts is different. Leo-Akira.

I want Tekken's version of praying mantis, it would obviously be a very different character then Lion.

And put that Pencak Silat already dammit.

GrayFoxPL

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/6at40t/the-final-bosman-the-goty-is-not-enough

The Final Bosman talks about Tekken 7 trailer.

Haha.

Btw any of you guys fans of Musou? Namco Bandai is in pretty good terms with Koei, they gave Sophitia to Musou even.

I say let them make Tekken Musou. Basically Tekken Force done right. I know these games by heart and just imagining Kazuya Electric(ing) 2 dozen opponents at once comes natural. Power ups, unlocks, expanding combos and special moves. Everything that comes with musou game. I would put hundreds of hours in this.

Morons. Don't bother with that kind of people. VF and Tekken couldn't be more different.
Even implementing same martial arts is different. Leo-Akira.

I want Tekken's version of praying mantis, it would obviously be a very different character then Lion.

And put that Pencak Silat already dammit.

They do feed off each other though....Ranking, Customizations, Planes of Elevation, Walls, Bound, etc, etc.

GrayFoxPL

They do feed off each other though....Ranking, Customizations, Planes of Elevation, Walls, Bound, etc, etc.

They grow up together. Became different "persons".

I'm tired of crazy VF fanboys thinking one game invented everything. They think various crumple stuns or proper side hit effects in VF fell from rainbow?

I just heard in some interview VF and Tekken Team used to hang out, no beef.

Does AM2 exist still or whoever did they transform to? Sega doesn't give a shit. And I hoped the VF anniversary meant something to them.

They grow up together. Became different "persons".

I'm tired of crazy VF fanboys thinking one game invented everything. They think various crumple stuns or proper side hit effects in VF fell from rainbow?

I just heard in some interview VF and Tekken Team used to hang out, no beef.

Does AM2 exist still or whoever did they transform to? Sega doesn't give a shit. And I hoped the VF anniversary meant something to them.

Sega isn't in a position to give a shit. They have no money and no ability to make projects that aren't guaranteed moneymakers. VF6 could be a profitable venture, but it may not be worth the risk to them anymore.

GrayFoxPL

Sega isn't in a position to give a shit. They have no money and no ability to make projects that aren't guaranteed moneymakers. VF6 could be a profitable venture, but it may not be worth the risk to them anymore.

I don't know man. SNKP was barely breathing but they still are shelling out for new KOF and it's a risk to them too. They are poor as fuck. Sega has the money to hold Aliens license and I can guess it's not cheap.

Anyway it's a tragedy. In fighting game world I always looked upon SF, MK, TK, VF, KOF, DOA. Everything got a nice reboot or return apart of Tekken that is holding up, but VF fell out. There aren't even rumors that Sega is doing anything with the franchise.

Manbig

Bronson's stream was hilarious tonight. Dude went on like a 10 game win streak with solo Raven using only like 4 moves. Mostly b,b2.

I can agree with Mike's outlook on what TTT2 has become. The two life bar element that let's people try 5 to 10 hopkicks a round to snag 75% while you punish them for 20% each is likely why TTT2 is such a difficult one to swallow in the Tekken series. There is no need to have honor and respect when the game practically pays you to be a little scumbag.

MK9 was pretty fun, but the new one is simply disgusting and vile to me. It is no longer funny and absurd. It honestly pisses me off in how far it is willing to go. Anyways, I hope Tekken 7 comes out soon to give me something to do besides life.

Eh that's just the more realistic and more drab aesthetic talking for MKX

Anywho, yeah I'm done harping on about my dislike of TTT2. Nothing more I could say at this point anyways lol.

Sayah

My anus still hurts from that, lol.. my nerves were shot when I dropped the combo.

Oh well, next year!
There likely won't be TTT2 next year at EVO. Really sucks the game had the lowest entrants. :/

So many online warriors......dead offline scene. Or might have just been jobs and life stuff. :p

av2k

There likely won't be TTT2 next year at EVO. Really sucks the game had the lowest entrants. :/

So many online warriors......dead offline scene. Or might have just been jobs and life stuff. :p

Pretty much that, I don't even play the game because of my job/family life. I don't mind playing neogaffers once in a while though, you guys don't take it as seriously as real life competition(yuck.).

I guess that Pokken game is actually a Digimon game?

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...imon-all-star-rumble-for-north-america/96680/

Unless of course, they're making both.

Sayah

Pretty much that, I don't even play the game because of my job/family life. I don't mind playing neogaffers once in a while though, you guys don't take it as seriously as real life competition(yuck.).

I guess that Pokken game is actually a Digimon game?

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...imon-all-star-rumble-for-north-america/96680/

Unless of course, they're making both.

I pretty much only get to play on weekends once I'm off work/away from school. Though, yes, there are people making a living off of competing in fighting game tournaments and I will never understand that.

Also, Pokken is very likely separately being developed. Don't think the Digimon game has much to do that. Though, the combat makes it seem like it could be a way to test potential Pokken gameplay?

I cannot understand how Bandai Namco has recently been able to confirm so many games under development. Must have been on a hiring spree or something.

av2k

I pretty much only get to play on weekends once I'm off work/away from school. Though, yes, there are people making a living off of competing in fighting game tournaments and I will never understand that.

Also, Pokken is very likely separately being developed. Don't think the Digimon game has much to do that. Though, the combat makes it seem like it could be a way to test potential Pokken gameplay?

I cannot understand how Bandai Namco has recently been able to confirm so many games under development. Must have been on a hiring spree or something.

Making a living off of fighting game tournaments? haha, highly unlikely for Tekken. Kor is my team mate and one of the most successful Tekken players out there but he gets chump change for tournaments. PC strategy games on the other hand make a TON of money (DOTA 2 on espn for 10 million dollars anyone?). Though now that I think of it, Street Fighter do have a few players who make a living(Evil Geniuses). hm.

I think Namco is trying to stay relevant which is perfectly fine with me, as long as they're relevant with multiple games, we can expect to always see Tekken being consistently churned out every few years or so. I wish them all the prosperity and the best.

Sayah

Making a living off of fighting game tournaments? haha, highly unlikely for Tekken. Kor is my team mate and one of the most successful Tekken players out there but he gets chump change for tournaments. PC strategy games on the other hand make a TON of money (DOTA 2 on espn for 10 million dollars anyone?). Though now that I think of it, Street Fighter do have a few players who make a living(Evil Geniuses). hm.

I think Namco is trying to stay relevant which is perfectly fine with me, as long as they're relevant with multiple games, we can expect to always see Tekken being consistently churned out every few years or so. I wish them all the prosperity and the best.

There's more money in UMvC3 and SFIV and both games have some players that don't do anything else. I can never understand this though. Eventually, we all age and lose our dexterity and reflexes. Fighting games is not a smart career choice to be making but who am I to say, haha. I was mentioning this in reference to your point on real life competition. I think it's fine to go to some tournaments and support the game you love but some people make it a career.

Once again, The community for Tekken was like fuck EVO well at least some of them and it was revealed a bit later so at that point people didn't care.

LowParry

Once again, The community for Tekken was like fuck EVO well at least some of them and it was revealed a bit later so at that point people didn't care.

I'll admit, watching TTT2 feels like a chore. Love playing but man, just watching. 1v1 needs to come back with T7. TTT2 is the dream match Tekken we got. But it's time to go back.

Sayah

I generally do not enjoy spectating fighting games but this EVO was very fun. I also love watching Tekken. I can feel that intense pressure as a spectator.

Top Bottom