• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

Wow...

ekEUR

Dereck

I don't think so since every one and their mom who has played Tekken thinks the story is about "throwing people into volcanoes lolololo"

sasuke_91

Ah, I get it. Cool origins you have, man. I love hearing about nations and culture. You gotta tell me more someday. Love this stuff. Shame I never left country to see more of the world.

Never really saw much of the country since our trips to Morocco were more about fulfilling duties to our family living there, and today I'm a poor student with no holidays :p
I'd be glad to share some stories though.

Can someone decipher what was added above? Is it because of Kasumi's death?

AAK

Never really saw much of the country since our trips to Morocco were more about fulfilling duties to our family living there, and today I'm a poor student with no holidays :p

Can someone decipher what was added above? Is it because of Kasumi's death?

Our Legend and Savior Wonkey already did just that :)

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/498680986603773952

It means "Love Love Umbrella"

sasuke_91

Our Legend and Savior Wonkey already did just that :)

https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/498680986603773952

It means "Love Love Umbrella"

Oh, I follow him on Twitter, must have overlooked that.
Missed mentioning the thing above the umbrella though!

I think it looks like kanji for the year 1955. Or 1935. Image is too small to tell.

So Ai-Ai Gasa wasn't written above? 1955 sounds likely.

Doomshine, boutdown, GrayFoxPL or any other Jin-player: How do some people cancel Jin's bf2,3 into db2,2,3? It must be one consistent combo, because they used as a TA! filler in front of walls.

Doomshine

Doomshine, boutdown, GrayFoxPL or any other Jin-player: How do some people cancel Jin's bf2,3 into db2,2,3? It must be one consistent combo, because they used as a TA! filler in front of walls.

You probably have to go into stance after bf2,3, df to get out of it and then ss cancel to do the db2,2,3.

Manbig

Thanks. Can that be used as a TA! filler or did I confuse it with a combo ender?

That looks like something that would only work versus bigs. Using b3 into the same cancel might work since Dragunov can get a 4 hit TA filler at the wall using a similar cancel.

sasuke_91

Only use I see for it is as a short wall carry if you happen to TA! close to wall.

GGs Sasuke, that guy was not bad but I did not have a good connection with him.
I'll look for a video with someone using it. Maybe I confuse it with sommething else.

GGs Doomshine. I'm kind of mad that I didn't even win once. I'm playing a little bad at the moment.
That guy earlier is the same guy I invited when playing GrayFoxPL. I like playing him a lot, but his connection is somewhat crappy. Combine it with my connection and you'll get disconnects all the way :p

Wow, Wang really did improve the most. Law's T1 face is legendary!

GrayFoxPL

Very cool. Never would've made the connection. (Tekken 2 stages in Tekken 7 pls).

I understand. Guy must make a living first.

Just cut off Bob from Tekken 7. At first I was excited about his inclusion in T6 - "Oh Sammo Hung type!" but then his playstyle where people online abuse b+2,2 and b+2,2,4,4 when you duck the second 2. Disgusting shit. Just kill this character along with Alisa.

That would require bf2,3~f, df, b, db+2,2,3 never tried it but maybe shortcut like bf2,3 f half circle back db2,2,3 would work.

Bardiche

In the mood for more nostalgia... T1 vs TTT2

tumblr_n9nw6viXwn1qiodg3o1_500.png

tumblr_n9nw6viXwn1qiodg3o2_500.png

tumblr_n9nw6viXwn1qiodg3o3_500.png

Although it does suck.... after looking at it, it does look fairly challenging to completely land.

Depressing to know that Michelle is one of the few original cast members that is yet to make a return into a Tekken game other than the Tag Tournament series.

sasuke_91

I understand. Guy must make a living first.
Doesn't mean you shouldn't ask, of course. If there's anything you wanna know, drop a PM or something ;)

That would require bf2,3~f, df, b, db+2,2,3 never tried it but maybe shortcut like bf2,3 f half circle back db2,2,3 would work.

Sounds like something I won't be able to pull off 70% of times. I can't even do Steve's duck cancel juggles (gotta learn that though). I'll see if that works, thanks.

GrayFoxPL

Doesn't mean you shouldn't ask, of course. If there's anything you wanna know, drop a PM or something ;)

Sounds like something I won't be able to pull off 70% of times. I can't even do Steve's duck cancel juggles (gotta learn that though). I'll see if that works, thanks.

Cool man, thanks.

I can do Steve duck cancel combos pretty good in practice, but online I drop them often so don't go for them that much at this time. But I practice it until I be more confident.

I gotta say it's gonna be "smooth" execution. To practice the uf+2 or uf+4 df1,2~1 f+2,1 B f+3_4 cancel db ws,1,2 you gotta practice f+2,1 B f+3_4 db ws,1,2 on a standing opponent because it's the hardest part.

Just practice it really slow then faster and faster.

I do the duck cancel part with f+3_4 qcb, n, 1,2 but it's got to be timed just right. It's just easier for muscle memory for me then f,db, n.

Not sure if anyone talks about it but in that combo there are not one but two key points.

The first key point is that f+2,1 B into flicker into f+3_4 must be canceled rapidly, so fast you cannot see Steve going into flicker. It literally looks like the moment 1 from f+2,1 hits Steve must be in ducking animation when red "mist" is still on the screen. So it's f+2,1 hold back during the animation and the moment 1 hits you push forward and 3 or 4. It's a rapid cancel.
This is so important because if do it in least possible frames you have more frames or time to spare to do the second key point that is the duck cancel into ws+2,1. You can do this part more "relaxed" thanks to spare frames of the above part.
If you do the "first" part "slow" then in exchange the duck cancel into ws1,2 must be rapid instead. But who knows this might be easier for someone.

The frames on both these parts are really dependent on reflex and accuracy. My duck cancel is slow because I really aim for ws1,2 to come out. I can do duck cancel really fast but so what if I get f+1 or d+1 instead. That neutral is so, so important.

When you'll practice f+2,1 B f+3_4 db ws,1,2 on a standing opponent (or juggle) you'll get tons of f+2,1 B f+3,1 - this "always" comes out. Means the 1 was way too fast, the game didn't even register the cancel and you must slow down. If you get f+2,1 B f+3 full crouch 1 you are on a good way. Try that qcb n 1,2 method, it's a good way to give Steve those neutral frames "naturally". Pushing f~db and instantly letting go is difficult when your hands are pushing directions with much force, the qcb "smooths out" the motion.

But the third key point is...you do it to look cool, because it's not really very important or advantageous in Tag2, lol. After that above combo that ends with bound you can only tag filler with 1 hit, sometimes 2 if opponent is off axis, that's it.

Looks cool as hell though.

Sorry for long post I just spent so many hours analyzing duck cancel combos I went little insane.

sasuke_91

Sorry for long post I just spent so many hours analyzing duck cancel combos I went little insane.

Haha, no problem. Thanks a lot.

The thing is, I manage to pull off the attacks, but they never connect in a combo. WS1,2 always whiifs (or 2 connects and bounds my opponent because of the AI backrolling). Now I know why. I stay in Flicker too long.

You're right though, the combo isn't that important in TTT2. In general, long combos aren't necessary in this game, and this is the reason I kind of want 1 on 1 back. You want to combine a quick bound, strong TA! filler and combo ender and characters like Steve and Leo just have too long combos.

AAK

Gray Fox speaks the truth. There really is only one part of the trick. When you cancel f+2,1~b into f+3 you should do it such that you can't even see Steve enter the flicker stance. Getting that timing down is key. Everything else is pretty easy.

Mugetsu taught me that during the last Toronto tournament I went to :)

AAK

So guys... what happens when you take 2 guys who are masters at Tekken... one player plays the worst character in the game, the other guy plays the best character in the game... and they do a FT10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy09YtuixQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnnU7UwcaPI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCaipM2-8h0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjOXjGQHBP0

Interesting find but that's not an infinite. The loop eventually ends.

Damage must also be scaled since it's in midair. Will check this out over the weekend to see how viable it can be in an actual match.

The loop ended because I believe the guy dropped the combo. The opening statement saying "This combo is guaranteed (not escapable)" is pretty much claiming that it is possible to go on forever without escaping.

Sayah

The loop ended because I believe the guy dropped the combo. The opening statement saying "This combo is guaranteed (not escapable)" is pretty much claiming that it is possible to go on forever without escaping.

Hmmmm..........will have to see in practice but to me, it seemed like the loop ended.
It's a nice find, no doubt. But there are things that make this non-viable in general, I would say. Seems difficult to perform and even if performed correctly, only is going to be viable on an infinite stage.

GrayFoxPL

I just watched TEKKEN 2: Kazuya's Revenge

One of the worst movies I ever seen. It's so so so so bad, dumb and painful to watch.

First movie looks like Spielberg's mega production in comparison.

It's clear that it was just some random straight to dvd movie that was just rebranded for Tekken in the last minute. The story is total shit and nonsense as is direction and dialogs.

Kane Kosugi definitely knows how to fight, but on over 2 hour shit there are only few very short fights and the best with Gary Daniels that last about 30 seconds. Btw only Gary Daniels clearly gave a shit(like in the first) about what he was doing while fighting and he had only tiny role.

This movie is so incredibly dumb, but what's worse it's inexplicably dull and boring.
Like there are just never ending scenes of Kazuya walking, walking, walking in slowmotion and even they copy paste those scenes several times. Other time Kazuya is just laying on bed having the same flashback montage played dozens of times.

And that retarded ending when Heihachi suddenly without any fucking sense, teleports after french kissing young girl almost to death in really disgusting "old man-she could be your granddaughter" fashion. Yes, you read that right.

What? What? WHAT?

This movie causes physical pain and damage to the brain. ><.

Manbig

I just watched TEKKEN 2: Kazuya's Revenge

One of the worst movies I ever seen. It's so so so so bad, dumb and painful to watch.

First movie looks like Spielberg's mega production in comparison.

It's clear that it was just some random straight to dvd movie that was just rebranded for Tekken in the last minute. The story is total shit and nonsense as is direction and dialogs.

Kane Kosugi definitely knows how to fight, but on over 2 hour shit there are only few very short fights and the best with Gary Daniels that last about 30 seconds. Btw only Gary Daniels clearly gave a shit(like in the first) about what he was doing while fighting and he had only tiny role.

This movie is so incredibly dumb, but what's worse it's inexplicably dull and boring.
Like there are just never ending scenes of Kazuya walking, walking, walking in slowmotion and even they copy paste those scenes several times. Other time Kazuya is just laying on bed having the same flashback montage played dozens of times.

And that retarded ending when Heihachi suddenly without any fucking sense, teleports after french kissing young girl almost to death in really disgusting "old man-she could be your granddaughter" fashion. Yes, you read that right.

What? What? WHAT?

This movie causes physical pain and damage to the brain. ><.

So what you're saying is that it's like playing Tekken Tag 2 online.

Sayah

Tag 2 still sold close to two million, which isn't bad at all but it's a massive drop from what they sell usually (I.e. close to or over 3.5 million).

Also, I know what movie I won't be watching.

GrayFoxPL

So what you're saying is that it's like playing Tekken Tag 2 online.

More like DR with zero bars.

I don't know if this is known, but screwing around with Lei I uncovered weird just frame or a bug.

If you do df+1:1 the move has the same animation but hits twice for 34 damage.

It's easier to do after a jab but I also managed to hit it first try.

Recorded clip:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4eDASuUELo

What do you guys think?

Damn, I forgot to tell mom to record left side, but you can see double middle.

Sayah

More like DR with zero bars.

I don't know if this is known, but screwing around with Lei I uncovered weird just frame or a bug.

If you do df+1:1 the move has the same animation but hits twice for 34 damage.

It's easier to do after a jab but I also managed to hit it first try.

Recorded clip:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4eDASuUELo

What do you guys think?

Damn, I forgot to tell mom to record left side, but you can see double middle.

Wow, what TV is that? Game is looking extra crisp.

Edit: Watched Aris' youtube video. He just noticed Devil Kazumi, lol.

sasuke_91

@AAK: There don't seem to be many Offline Sessions in my area, but it looks like there's going to be a small Fighting Game tournament in Frankfurt in Octobre. Some guys want to organize one for TTT2. They call it Hessen Crash.

I think of going there. Who wants to help me get ready until then?^^

GrayFoxPL

Wow, what TV is that? Game is looking extra crisp.

That's just an old samsung lcd. I spent like a year calibrating it. On that Philippines stage once characters enter shadows I can't see anything. Literally fighting blind until sun rises on round 2. For my sake I hope they are done with the insane lightning contrast in Tekken 7. This really isn't doing the gameplay any favors.

@AAK: There don't seem to be many Offline Sessions in my area, but it looks like there's going to be a small Fighting Game tournament in Frankfurt in Octobre. Some guys want to organize one for TTT2. They call it Hessen Crash.

I think of going there. Who wants to help me get ready until then?^^

I'm gonna help you any way I can, buddy.

Definitely go on a tourney, the experience will be priceless.

Top Bottom