• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

I still need to pick that up. And the Nintendo outfits looks great. I'd just stick to offline play though. Can't play for crap on a gamepad. Plus! Hyrule Warriors. Game looks like some damn good fun.

Edit: And now that you remind, I just purchased TTT2 for the Wii U. The wife is now happy she can play her damned Lili as Princess Peach. Pff.

Hahahha.

I got the Wii U version when I bought the Tekken Hybrid stick from club namco. Yeah, Nintendo costumes are also a huuuuge plus.

Dereck

Is all of that Nintendo stuff/Tekken Ball included in online? Because if not, I'm not interested in dropping money on the game.

@Sayah you should buy the refurbished Wii U because it also includes a 1 year warranty.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I saw a similar one. I guess that'll have to do, haha.

Thanks for the tips. I figured most of that stuff out by myself, actually, but even with the commands on-screen, you still have to cycle through them (with a weird button combination, no less), so it's far from ideal. I won't be using training mode that much, so it's not a huge deal, of course. I just went through Lili's moves, that will suffice for now.

Next task is to find a tag team partner. I think I played quite a bit of Paul and Heihachi and 5, but I'm not feeling them atm.

Paul and Heihachi are death dealers. Recommended in a team.

GrayFoxPL

Little too much like PoP/Ass Creed. Not too bad but is this what modern Arab wears?

ibzlaiZqRfo5fC.jpg

AAK

I personally love the shirt... it's like a plain version of a Sherwani. The Sherwani is a fancy gown men from India-Pakistan wear usually during weddings:

img_1382707702_606.jpg

Doomshine

I'll leave it to the middle eastern Tekken community to decide what's right, but personally I would like a little less flair. Simpler cloak, lose the pointy stuff on his shoulder and less belts.

GrayFoxPL

That would be good outfit.

He was going to Pauls wedding. Suddenly someone got deathfisted. The new dude fights everyone, even the bride.

AZUMIKE

"Moorish Chief" by Eduard Charlemont, courtesy to the Philly Art Museum.

I think the design currently posted on Facebook should be more akin to this
painting...The current design seems cluttered to me. Stoked that the Tekken Staff is considering an Arab character though.

Sayah

@Sayah you should buy the refurbished Wii U because it also includes a 1 year warranty.

I love it when stuff breaks right when the warranty is over. This has happened to many times to me. But I think I want to get this now. And then, I'm thinking there might be a legit Smash Bros. bundle. Decisions, decisions.

sasuke_91

Little too much like PoP/Ass Creed. Not too bad but is this what modern Arab wears?

ibzlaiZqRfo5fC.jpg

PoP came to mind immediately after looking at the picture.
Modern Arabs wear more simple Jalabiya-type of clothes. Source: I'm Arab too, but the North African type. Doesn't count, does it? :p

So I am going to learn Kazamas (Asuka/Jun). Don't like these two on a personal level, but I am going to learn them.

You've only been playing one team (Anna/Lilli?)until now, haven't you? I could never do that^^

AZUMIKE

Lol, I thought the same thing, when I saw the image warrior posted I immediately thought of Zasalamel:

zassc3art2-jpg.4522

Really like the Zasalamel art. At this juncture, I think the Zas-like concept (minus the scythe) is more suitable than Harada's current design (which is obviously subject to change).

LowParry

You should Guinea pig the Wii Edition and tell us about how the online works and how Tekken Ball works

Whoa, whoa

Well. Let's put it this way. The Nintendo costumes are cool. The paint option is nice. But online? Can't find shit. No ranked. No player matches. No lobby. Nadda. Takken Ball is fun but offline only. And there's this mushroom mode where you fight and you can gather certain mushrooms to grow or shrink with the occasional star for invincibility.

We'll try for online games later when it's more of a prime time for players and see if we can get any matches. Otherwise, if you're in to playing offline, great. Online? No chance in hell.

Edit: OH yeah, there's also some shortcut touch pad use with moves (4 total). I'm not sure if you can customize but meh. Nothing I'd ever use.

sasuke_91

Oh, very cool. So North African Arabs aren't real Arabs? Whaaa? :D Sorry don't know anything.
So what country your family comes from?
My family is from Morocco. It's kind of a long story, but let's just say the country in general counts as an arab country.
The question was if arabs in the middle east were wearing clothes like that today and that we should let the arabs decide. So to justify my statement by saying "I'm arab" kinda doesn't count^^

GGs to Mikebreezy, AAK and the rest. Got a little frustrated because I would take mental notes and not read them the next round. Also, had a little too much fun with XiaoMitsu and cost me some rounds, but overall it was a fun session. I got downloaded pretty quick by the end. Gotta work on that as well.

Anyways, got to get ready to do adult things and get ready for Strong Style (before plane tickets break my bank to get), bye bye.

Manbig

GGs peeps. I've got a chance to test out the beta version of my new jab string offense with Marduk and got some mixed results, but I'll tell you guys how to REALLY punish that stuff.

1,2 ~ 3+4, VTS f1: If the jabs connect, you CANNOT interrupt the VTS f1 outside of maybe some mid ducking stuff (I haven't tested that kind of stuff yet), but you can sidestep the VTS f1. If you block the jabs, this option becomes limited outside of me delaying it a bit to duck jabs, but for people who like to crush a bit too often when they think VTS d1+2 is coming (AAK :p), the f1 will float you high enough to allow me to continue a juggle.

1,2, f1: This is the option to stop you from sidestepping. The last hit has CH properties for some nice damage also, so when I train you to start attacking me after 1,2 into VTS, I can start to sneak this in there. The f1 is also delayable, so I can mess with the timing and it is + on block (4 I think?). The answer to punishing this one is that they're all high, so you duck the last hit and punish.

1,2,3,1+2: This is what I occasionally throw out in cast people get a bit too crouch jab happy after 1,2 on block. If the 3 connects, the 1+2 is NC for a nasty amount of damage. The answer to punishing this one is ducking the last 1+2 (headbutt).

1,2 ~ 3+4, VTS d1+2: I think this one is fairly obvious. Fast low that ducks highs even if you blocked the 1,2. If you think this is coming, It also kills sidesteps up close. I recommend just blocking and punishing instead of trying to crush it. It's far less risky since you reward me more if I use the other options and float you than if you just got punished for ducking.

I plan on expanding on this a lot more just to make 1,2 by itself much more scarier for Marduk's opponents, but I like that I saw at least some results from the version I used tonight.

On another note, I REALLY need to learn how to fight Baek, Hwo, and Raven. If only I wasn't such a lazy mofo that wanted to do things other than play Tekken. :p

Manbig

you know how to punish baek? Do anything you want. lol

That mid punch with the built in SS that stuns on CH made me afraid to try to guess it out. I also kept trying to attack when he was apparently at + frames and kept getting hit. Well, either that, or it was lag. I dunno really. People just don't play that character so I haven't fought him enough.

That mid punch with the built in SS that stuns on CH made me afraid to try to guess it out. I also kept trying to attack when he was apparently at + frames and kept getting hit. Well, either that, or it was lag. I dunno really. People just don't play that character so I haven't fought him enough.

As long as you're blocking shit, Baek is never safe. His uf+2, his jabs, and his 3+4(double flying kicks) are the only moves that's not neutral or - frames.

Yeah everyone was getting Bodied by b+1 from some reason......

Manbig

As long as you're blocking shit, Baek is never safe. His uf+2, his jabs, and his 3+4(double flying kicks) are the only moves that's not neutral or - frames.

Yeah everyone was getting Bodied by b+1 from some reason......

Noted. I'll look more into him when I'm not being a lazy piece of shit.

Thanks for the info!

GrayFoxPL

My family is from Morocco. It's kind of a long story, but let's just say the country in general counts as an arab country.
The question was if arabs in the middle east were wearing clothes like that today and that we should let the arabs decide. So to justify my statement by saying "I'm arab" kinda doesn't count^^

Ah, I get it. Cool origins you have, man. I love hearing about nations and culture. You gotta tell me more someday. Love this stuff. Shame I never left country to see more of the world.

Top Bottom