• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

DEATH™

What's up with all the Gravity Falls Love?

Count me in...

I just wished I got into Adventure Time too... but meh...

-------

Reading some stuff on the Pokken and people hate the high/mid/low aspect of Tekken? Honestly, why??? I got no more words to say...

Manbig

DEATH™;127253081 said:
What's up with all the Gravity Falls Love?

Count me in...

I just wished I got into Adventure Time too... but meh...

-------

Reading some stuff on the Pokken and people hate the high/mid/low aspect of Tekken? Honestly, why??? I got no more words to say...

Too much brain power involved. People don't wanna think, they just wanna bang. Let them bang, Bro!

Adventure Time is REALLY great too, but for different reasons. It's also very hard to explain. It's one of those shows where I recommend that you try to watch several episodes before giving up on it. Plus, DAT LSP!

MikeMyers

Pokken just sounds odd.

Do you guys think everyone will ditch TTT2 when T7 is out? I just don't know if I can afford a PS4 for it, especially since I don't play any other games.

Manbig

Pokken just sounds odd.

Do you guys think everyone will ditch TTT2 when T7 is out? I just don't know if I can afford a PS4 for it, especially since I don't play any other games.

That is usually how the cycle of Tekken plays out. I'm sure there will be a handful of leftover stragglers that you can still play Tag 2 online with, but don't expect much (if any) meaningful competition.

DEATH™

Too much brain power involved. People don't wanna think, they just wanna bang. Let them bang, Bro!

Adventure Time is REALLY great too, but for different reasons. It's also very hard to explain. It's one of those shows where I recommend that you try to watch several episodes before giving up on it. Plus, DAT LSP!

Honestly, that's the only reason I could think of... I guess it's not about competition and more about entertainment in gaming nowadays. The same reason why I do not think Tekken 7 will magically "save" the franchise even with lesser chars, simplified gameplay and stuff, in the end, if the playerbase continues to beat them up hard, those people won't stick around.

And yeah, I will try to watch them again, but after I finish a bunch of anime in my queue lol.

Pokken just sounds odd.

Depends... If Tekken 7 ends up sucking, TTT2 will still be played, but in that case, Tekken in general would be goner in the west by then...

Personally, I'll just let it be... And I will continue to support TTT2 even in non-competitive way...

Dereck

I trust Harada, a little.

Dude may be biting off a bit more than he can chew with all of these projects. He wouldn't be doing this if he didn't think he could handle it, although he has to make sure Tekken X Street Fighter doesn't go into Final Fantasy XV territory.

AAK

Favorite episode is definitely Season 2's Bunker episode. That one episode had more entertainment than most films! Also... Soos's quote at the end:

640px-S2e2_Good_luck_sleeping_tonight.png

Soos, "Good luck sleeping tonight"

I lost it

Oh yeah Steve's ws1+2 is way underused, by me too. I watched MYK's tutorial on AVP and he said this move can crush some lows even. Sweet.

Btw I fund awesome quick tips guide for Steve.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xNuZcbrgt

When I heard Steve gets free qcf+1 and combo after side or back wall push I was like:

http://i.minus.com/i5OrMeDpytAb0.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibkv42npAS92Ko.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Actually, the wall push doesn't even need to be 90 degrees or higher. The qcf+1 works even if it is done with the linear version. The trick is, is that the opponents back must hit the wall at the very end of the throw animation rather than the beginning... hence the spacing is pretty tricky. If they hit the wall early you only get 1,1,2... and I think the same applies if the wall push is done from the 90 or more degree angles too I'm not sure. But I am 100% sure of the linear wall push allowing the qcf+1 at the right spacing since I have done it before :)

GrayFoxPL

My personal favorite episodes are the dance party where Pacifica is introduced and the Bunker episode from season 2, but there's a lot of quality episodes.

EDIT: Here's the scene, Tera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cHJvdrHoa4

Haha, that was good!

Must give it a watch.

Actually, the wall push doesn't even need to be 90 degrees or higher. The qcf+1 works even if it is done with the linear version. The trick is, is that the opponents back must hit the wall at the very end of the throw animation rather than the beginning... hence the spacing is pretty tricky. If they hit the wall early you only get 1,1,2... and I think the same applies if the wall push is done from the 90 or more degree angles too I'm not sure. But I am 100% sure of the linear wall push allowing the qcf+1 at the right spacing since I have done it before :)

WOO! Thanks AAK!

sasuke_91

As expected from AAK. Playing Steve "for fun" yet being better than us Steve players :p
By the way, does Hwoarang's uf+3+4 have any crushing properties? I feel like it hits way more often than it should.

Good games Doomshine. I feel like I'm getting used to Bosconovic^^

Good luck Flying Wonkey :)

AAK

Toronto has an incredible Steve player named Adeel who's been leveling up insanely. I played him quite a bit and stole pretty much everything from him haha.

Asf or Hwoarang's u/f+3+4... the crush properties happen at a very few frames I believe. I've been hit by lows while doing it a lot but I assume they happened a bit later in the animation. I wouldn't rely on it too much for its crush properties. The same thing can be said about his u/b+4. I've been hit with lows while doing that move as well too but I haven't tested it enough to know when the exact crush frames are. I guess his orbital heel is the more consistent move to go for low crushes... but it's so damn slow so beware of having it whiff :(

Also I just realized something about pokken after the revelation that it won't have high/low mixups. The trailer had projectiles and a lot of jump-ins along with this new no high/low mixup mechanic... Something tells me this is where a bunch of ideas of Tekken X Street Fighter got funneled maybe?

GrayFoxPL

Also I just realized something about pokken after the revelation that it won't have high/low mixups. The trailer had projectiles and a lot of jump-ins along with this new no high/low mixup mechanic... Something tells me this is where a bunch of ideas of Tekken X Street Fighter got funneled maybe?

So they got material for 5 different games. :p

sasuke_91

Asf or Hwoarang's u/f+3+4... the crush properties happen at a very few frames I believe. I've been hit by lows while doing it a lot but I assume they happened a bit later in the animation. I wouldn't rely on it too much for its crush properties. The same thing can be said about his u/b+4. I've been hit with lows while doing that move as well too but I haven't tested it enough to know when the exact crush frames are. I guess his orbital heel is the more consistent move to go for low crushes... but it's so damn slow so beware of having it whiff :(

I use uf3+4 a lot when I'm cornered or for general mix-up, especially from LFS. It's -10 on block, so I only eat jabs if it's blocked. Never happened in ranked, though :p

AAK

To anyone that watched WNF last night.... the way to beat Capo's u/f+3 mixup is to simply react to the animation. The low happens in one fluid motion, the mid happens with a very minute pause where Eddy/Christie is switching momentum to do the mid. It is kinda difficult without practice but it's just like throwbreaking.

I'm not sure but if they simply do u/f+3 into RLX, I think you have enough time to do a quick low or even jump over them.

GrayFoxPL

DEATH™;127523837 said:
Ganryu Reversal always give you free d+1+2. It's a Ganryu staple. The question is whether or not he gets the opponent in BT or not.

No I mean tagging out and parring unblockable with incoming Ganryu.

Shit's whack.

Fraeon

Oh, fucking hell.

I played for several hours today and got like 10 promotion chances. Won the rest of the matches mostly but always failed the promotions. Of course I win against folks that have way higher ranks too so I don't benefit shit from that.

Sucks.

Sayah

I wish I had more time to play this game. There are so many things I wish to improve. Most importantly, movement/sidestepping and throw breaking.

Semester starting next week. Pretty much confirms I won't be playing much of anything. :/

GrayFoxPL

I wish I had more time to play this game. There are so many things I wish to improve. Most importantly, movement/sidestepping and throw breaking.

Semester starting next week. Pretty much confirms I won't be playing much of anything. :/

Or you won't be studying much of anything. ;)

Kidding, studying will kill time to Tekken 7. Win - Win.

AAK

Subtl just blew my mind yesterday about how he felt Pokken is gonna compete with Yokai watch. How they can potentially have vending machines for pokeballs that you can put into the arcade machine the same way Pokai watch has vending machines for discs that you put on the watch that does something else in the 3ds.

The most surprising thing about this announcement is that Pokken is coming to Arcades in 2015. I wonder if that pushes the Tekken 7 arcade release further back to probably 2016 so they don't want them competing with one another. Especially considering that Pokken will destroy Tekken 7 in Arcade sales 10 fold.

Oh, fucking hell.

I played for several hours today and got like 10 promotion chances. Won the rest of the matches mostly but always failed the promotions. Of course I win against folks that have way higher ranks too so I don't benefit shit from that.

Sucks.

Haha don't get me started. There were just so many instances where I was getting double digit win streaks and eventually when I got to the promotion chance I lost.. and then lost every subsequent match to get demoted haha.

AAK why can't you play again?

Currently I'm in Toronto visiting some family until my cousin's wedding on Sept. 6. After that I'll definitely be back :)

Be sure not to burn yourself out and leave some time for your hobbies! :) But good luck with school... it was personally less daunting than real life for me.

I wonder if that pushes the Tekken 7 arcade release further back to probably 2016 so they don't want them competing with one another. Especially considering that Pokken will destroy Tekken 7 in Arcade sales 10 fold.

If they really do all of those things then it shouldn't matter. They won't be competing for the same audiences.

On the flipside, it makes me wonder if Namco won't be drasticallly changing Tekken after all. The barrier of entry will still need to be lowered somewhat, but now that they're making a completely separate super accessible fighting game maybe they won't go reinventing the wheel with Tekken (not that they should've anyway). The ideal was to always have a new IP be the testing ground for more simple gameplay, and while we thought that was gonna be TxSF, we got Pokken instead.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah like Famicom I think Pokken is not aimed at the same audiences.

Though I wonder what will happen if some hardcore like JDCR will suddenly insert a credit Pokken arcade while some 10 year was casually playing, and destroy him with set up he figured out in first 10 seconds of match.

Innocent tears I tell you. Innocent tears.

I had a short Tag2 session but it was sweet.
8 win streak in ranked against berserkers and I got Kaz and Steve to Fighter. I even had promotion to Berserker but that solo Hwoarang just stopped my Steve dead with almost just db+3. Damn range of this poke. But nevermind I won like 85% of fights today so it's close to promo.

I think I'm gonna go with short sessions instead of playing all day and go up and down with wins and loses.

But maybe it's all because I customized Kaz to look like Rama/Iko Uwais in Raid 2. :D

ibegkw8Rd3kkqQ.gif

Intimidation. ;)

sasuke_91

I had a short Tag2 session but it was sweet.
8 win streak in ranked against berserkers and I got Kaz and Steve to Fighter. I even had promotion to Berserker but that solo Hwoarang just stopped my Steve dead with almost just db+3. Damn range of this poke. But nevermind I won like 85% of fights today so it's close to promo.

Nice! You definitely deserve a higher rank, especially your Jin! Kaz/Steve is also a really good match. TheMainMan gets some devastating combos out of them.

I beat 2 Warriors and 3 Berserkers yesterday, lost my luck suddenly and got destroyed by spammy Brawlers. Demotion should not be too far away. I still hate ranked and the way I can't handle stress.

GrayFoxPL

Nice! You definitely deserve a higher rank, especially your Jin! Kaz/Steve is also a really good match. TheMainMan gets some devastating combos out of them.

I beat 2 Warriors and 3 Berserkers yesterday, lost my luck suddenly and got destroyed by spammy Brawlers. Demotion should not be too far away. I still hate ranked and the way I can't handle stress.

Thanks man. I'm getting decent at throwing out ewgf from certain distance so if they throw a jab it catches the end of their extended hand, pretty funny and effective.

You play way better then your ranks. I know stress ruins everything, but I start imagining the stress of my opponent and it lowers mine. Playing you also helped me dealing with ranked Xiaoyus and Hwoarangs. I'm like "Eh, Sasuke has better Hwo, you are dead dude."

Sayah

Or you won't be studying much of anything. ;)

Kidding, studying will kill time to Tekken 7. Win - Win.

Hahaha. Yeah, I hope the Tekken 7 wait isn't anything like the Tekken 6 wait.

Be sure not to burn yourself out and leave some time for your hobbies! :) But good luck with school... it was personally less daunting than real life for me.

Thanks.

School would be less daunting if I didn't have to work. But it can get really aggravating when there's papers and exams. So many nights spent staying up trying to finish work.

sasuke_91

Thanks man. I'm getting decent at throwing out ewgf from certain distance so if they throw a jab it catches the end of their extended hand, pretty funny and effective.

You play way better then your ranks. I know stress ruins everything, but I start imagining the stress of my opponent and it lowers mine. Playing you also helped me dealing with ranked Xiaoyus and Hwoarangs. I'm like "Eh, Sasuke has better Hwo, you are dead dude."

I can do pretty continuous electrics, but I have to concentrate on it so much. Same with JFSR. Does that count as a counterhit? Would be pretty cool for Jin, since his cd2 only launches on counterhit.

And thanks. Being so low ranked has its advantages. Nobody expects my Hwo to be decent, so I do have the element of surprise :p
Your Hwoarang is also really good, you should play him more ;)
Did you stop playing Beak? I played a Berserker Hwoarang/Beak player the other day, and he relied a lot on Beak's annoying strings. Somebody should have told him that most of them can be interrupted by jabs...

GrayFoxPL

I can do pretty continuous electrics, but I have to concentrate on it so much. Same with JFSR. Does that count as a counterhit? Would be pretty cool for Jin, since his cd2 only launches on counterhit.

And thanks. Being so low ranked has its advantages. Nobody expects my Hwo to be decent, so I do have the element of surprise :p
Your Hwoarang is also really good, you should play him more ;)
Did you stop playing Beak? I played a Berserker Hwoarang/Beak player the other day, and he relied a lot on Beak's annoying strings. Somebody should have told him that most of them can be interrupted by jabs...

Thanks I will get back to Taekwondo guys for sure. Yeah flamingo stances are risky. I noticed you go to fla from a distance but you stop me when I rush for punishment.
Though Beak has great launcher from fla uf+3 it crushes d+1, I think hwo can do the same with hunting hawk but it's much slower. Wonder if in T7 Hwo will get that move.

GrayFoxPL

No Tekken 7 at TGS. :(

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/505522862258524161

Or he could be trolling and will show it. He also said no Tekken announcements this year before Tekken 7 reveal, haha.

I don't know what to think.

Was this location test info real? I'm starting to think it wasn't.

So, DOA5 going to PS4ONE. Do you guys think Namco will push something on PS4 before Tekken 7?

I gotta buy PS4 finally.

My Kaz is Berserker but Steve lost that promotion 4 times. What's wrong with you Steve?

ipddowNtcjI3V.gif

Sayah

^^^^^^^
He is retweeting SCEJ conference. Maybe we'll see something there I hope?

I hope the news on location tests is accurate. That means we get our hands on it sooner too. :)

They have Pokken in 2015. I imagine they want to release Tekken 7 before that.

GrayFoxPL

^^^^^^^
He is retweeting SCEJ conference. Maybe we'll see something there I hope?

I hope the news on location tests is accurate. That means we get our hands on it sooner too. :)

They have Pokken in 2015. I imagine they want to release Tekken 7 before that.

Maybe first gameplay short? Please even 3.5 seconds would make me squeal.

Tekken 7 in the first quarter of 2015 would rock hard.

HeelPower

Does Tekken GAF expect any releases on next gen before Tekken 7 ?

I really hope they remaster either T6 or TTT2 to keep us occupied. Preferably with some new patch to shake up the gameplay(I know that's highly unlikely lol)

Tekken is really high profile in Japan so this could help move some units.Other fighting games are doing it so I can't see why they aren't going to do such a re-release.

I kinda wish Tekken would more follow up treatment to keep the games fresh.

Sayah

Maybe first gameplay short? Please even 3.5 seconds would make me squeal.

Tekken 7 in the first quarter of 2015 would rock hard.

I want gameplay to analyze. I'm really curious what new mechanic they'll be adding this time.

I mean they have to change up the gameplay system somewhat. TTT2 can't be topped.

Does Tekken GAF expect any releases on next gen before Tekken 7 ?

I really hope they remaster either T6 or TTT2 to keep us occupied. Preferably with some new patch to shake up the gameplay(I know that's highly unlikely lol)

Tekken is really high profile in Japan so this could help move some units.Other fighting games are doing it so I can't see why they aren't going to do such a re-release.

I kinda wish Tekken would more follow up treatment to keep the games fresh.

I would love TTT2 on PC. But I doubt that's gonna happen.

HeelPower

I would love TTT2 on PC. But I doubt that's gonna happen.

I think the most likely scenario is Tekken revolution on PS4.

F2P and a pretty popular title among online players.Plus the game can benefit from roster updates and pretty good exposure before Tekken 7.

What I really want is T6BR-HD.Extremely unlikely lol.

GrayFoxPL

Tekken Collection HD in seamless hub system with online from Tag 2 would rock.

Btw how many hours to that conference, I'm confused with time zones.

Sayah

I think the most likely scenario is Tekken revolution on PS4.

F2P and a pretty popular title among online players.Plus the game can benefit from roster updates and pretty good exposure before Tekken 7.

What I really want is T6BR-HD.Extremely unlikely lol.

I would only want T6BR-HD if they did massive improvement to the netcode.
I wasn't too big a fan of the F2P model, though.

Tekken Collection HD in seamless hub system with online from Tag 2 would rock.

Btw how many hours to that conference, I'm confused with time zones.

Time clock in this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883121

HeelPower

I would only want T6BR-HD if they did massive improvement to the netcode.
I wasn't too big a fan of the F2P model, though.

Ofcourse! The main reason I want a T6HD is to take another shot at the online mode which totally sucked back then.

Tekken revolution's coregame is great but the RPG elements and F2P stuff sucked,unfortunately.

Sayah

Ofcourse! The main reason I want a T6HD is to take another shot at the online mode which totally sucked back then.

Tekken revolution's coregame is great but the RPG elements and F2P stuff sucked,unfortunately.

Yeah, I hated the leveling up aspect of it. Just keep that stuff out of Tekken.
And no prob. Fox.

Dereck

Yeah, I am claiming the Bob/Law team. I've been getting rekt by people, and recking people.

Had a few games with sword of dios and WayGamble, I ain't scurred no more.

Just really ready for the next Tekken, with all that said Tag 2 gets less exciting every time I play it.

Top Bottom