• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Manbig

The Lili complaints were mostly just because she was new and people were still getting used to fighting her. She was always considered to be around mid or high/mid tier from what I recall.

Sayah

StudBuddah gives some commentary on a 200WON T5DR match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUYs3RNGNsM

Some things I noticed:

- d+4,1 couldn't be ducked and launched (it jailed)
- f,f+2 had way more range
- u/b+3 had absurd range for a safe, mid, low crush move

Oh wow.

Edit: More of Heihachi-Kun. :)

PCmTH

Manbig

Now that you mention it, I definitely recall Devil Himself whoring that Anna u/b3 back in the day. Also, that u/f3,4,3 wall combo was fucking ridic. Super high damage considering that she could do it off of a basic wall carry. Most characters needed up close and heavy wall splats for that kind of damage.

m0t0k1

Harada on the pokemon stream with some tekken flash backs. So expecting to see they announce pokken today :D

edit: yep we have a trailer. confirmed characters Machamp and Lucario.

m0t0k1

Hoping it will have more pokemon then just fighting style pokemon. Ironicly enough i would love to see hitmon lee and hitmon chan making the cut. They can already partly copy the fighting style of law and lei then :lol

Sayah

So ready to play Pokken. There's definitely Tekken influence. Aside from the name itself, the logo is also very Tekken-styled. I hope for a 2015 release.

sasuke_91

Reading the English names feels weird^^
So Hitmon Lee and Chan... In Germany, we call them Kicklee and Nockchan.

I gave a Law player a promotion to Marauder today. He was all db4 and b4,3... I cried.
By the way, I noticed that Jin's WS2 misses when blocking Law's Dragon Tail. So I have to crouch cancel and launch him with d3+4, which I find pretty hard to do fast enough.

GrayFoxPL

Pokken, game announced just now coming out before TxSF announced 4 years ago.

Good they have their priorities straight.

/sarcasm

Oh well, not even mad since T7 is coming.

Good for Pokemon fans, but that trailer did nothing for me.

GrayFoxPL

Reading the English names feels weird^^
So Hitmon Lee and Chan... In Germany, we call them Kicklee and Nockchan.

I gave a Law player a promotion to Marauder today. He was all db4 and b4,3... I cried.
By the way, I noticed that Jin's WS2 misses when blocking Law's Dragon Tail. So I have to crouch cancel and launch him with d3+4, which I find pretty hard to do fast enough.

No, no. Everything misses Law if you do it right after blocking db+4, even Kaz's ws+2 can miss, lol. You have to wait just a little, takes a bit to get used to it.

sasuke_91

No, no. Everything misses Law if you do it right after blocking db+4, even Kaz's ws+2 can miss, lol. You have to wait just a little, takes a bit to get used to it.
Really? Now I feel dumb for not knowing this.
You can throw out Lee's WS2,3 right after blocking and Steve's WS1+2 should also be fast enough. Hwoarang doesn't really have a decent WS launcher and I don't know about Xiao and Leo. I should try it out in practice mode.

GrayFoxPL

Really? Now I feel dumb for not knowing this.
You can throw out Lee's WS2,3 right after blocking and Steve's WS1+2 should also be fast enough. Hwoarang doesn't really have a decent WS launcher and I don't know about Xiao and Leo. I should try it out in practice mode.

I'm terrible at crouch canceling, just can't do it, I get sidestep or jump every time.
But recovery of db+4 should be long enough for hwoarang to get up normally and b+3 launch. Make sure in practice mode.

Leo can ws+2 .

av2k

crouch canceling to punish drag's d/b+3? Couldn't you just ff, d+3+4? I used to crouch cancel Devil Jin's T6 laser scraper combo.. d/f+1+2~u,b,f+2,1,2.. that took a bit to get used to.

GrayFoxPL

I meant if I can launch him immediately after blocking.

I can only crouch cancel in practice mode. In a real match I don't even try :p

I see.

But yeah Law is - 37 on block, so there's a lot of time to hurt him. He's just flat like a pancake at first and many mids will whiff. Thinking about it he may be low profile for like first 16 frames of recovery because Kaz's ws+2 is 16 and it can go above him. Steve's ws1+2 is 18-19 so it probably hits him just as Law rises a little more and that Steve's wide vertical swing from low to mid on the ground probably has something to do with it too. He can hit grounded opponents with it while Kaz ws+2 is totally horizontal move.

Mids not equal mids, haha. But I love that diversity in Tekken.

m0t0k1

Anyone wanna explain to me what a Pokken is? Apparently it is Pokemon + Tekken?

Yes that is pretty much it so far what is known. So instead of tekken characters + world we have pokemon + world. There is nothing known about mechanics or anything. Only thing harada sad was something about focusing on the action in pokken fighting game. Characters revealed so far are Machamp and Lucario. The 3d camera angles you see in the trailers is still debug mode.

edit: yes harada confirmed it also is a complete new engine and not ported from the ttt2 wii u version or other tekken versions.

sasuke_91

crouch canceling to punish drag's d/b+3? Couldn't you just ff, d+3+4? I used to crouch cancel Devil Jin's T6 laser scraper combo.. d/f+1+2~u,b,f+2,1,2.. that took a bit to get used to.

I'm not familiar with DJin's inputs. Is df1+2 the low that's a bit like Hei's db2?
Crouch cancelling is something that I might have to practice a bit more.

I see.

But yeah Law is - 37 on block, so there's a lot of time to hurt him. He's just flat like a pancake at first and many mids will whiff. Thinking about it he may be low profile for like first 16 frames of recovery because Kaz's ws+2 is 16 and it can go above him. Steve's ws1+2 is 18-19 so it probably hits him just as Law rises a little more and that Steve's wide vertical swing from low to mid on the ground probably has something to do with it too. He can hit grounded opponents with it while Kaz ws+2 is totally horizontal move.

Mids not equal mids, haha. But I love that diversity in Tekken.

Wait, so Steve's ws1+2 can be used for oki? Oh, and I made a mistake above, I wanted to say it's SLOW enough to hit Law after db4.
I really like the fact that there a different types of mids. Especially as a Ling-user, since AOP makes higher mids whiff, but lower mids still hit her. Like Steve's 3,1,1. If I want to make the first one whiff when I'm in AOP, I have to tap down, then I can launch him. Extremely satisfying :D

Anyone wanna explain to me what a Pokken is? Apparently it is Pokemon + Tekken?

Exactly. Just read through the thread a bit.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882440

GrayFoxPL

I'm not familiar with DJin's inputs. Is df1+2 the low that's a bit like Hei's db2?
Crouch cancelling is something that I might have to practice a bit more.

Wait, so Steve's ws1+2 can be used for oki? Oh, and I made a mistake above, I wanted to say it's SLOW enough to hit Law after db4.
I really like the fact that there a different types of mids. Especially as a Ling-user, since AOP makes higher mids whiff, but lower mids still hit her. Like Steve's 3,1,1. If I want to make the first one whiff when I'm in AOP, I have to tap down, then I can launch him. Extremely satisfying :D

Exactly. Just read through the thread a bit.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=882440

Oh yeah Steve's ws1+2 is way underused, by me too. I watched MYK's tutorial on AVP and he said this move can crush some lows even. Sweet.

Btw I fund awesome quick tips guide for Steve.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xNuZcbrgt

When I heard Steve gets free qcf+1 and combo after side or back wall push I was like:

i5OrMeDpytAb0.gif

ibkv42npAS92Ko.gif

sasuke_91

Oh yeah Steve's ws1+2 is way underused, by me too. I watched MYK's tutorial on AVP and he said this move can crush some lows even. Sweet.

Btw I fund awesome quick tips guide for Steve.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xNuZcbrgt

When I heard Steve gets free qcf+1 and combo after side or back wall push I was like:

i5OrMeDpytAb0.gif

ibkv42npAS92Ko.gif

I actually know these things, but I'm not able to use them. I can only fight with Steve in theory :p
And yeah, ws+1+2 is underused. It's also a cool mindgame in full crouch. I eat a lot of df+1 or db+2. I'm afraid to duck because my opponent might launch me. It's a bit like Lee's slide or ws+2,3. Crouching opponents can be scary ;)

Oh no, it's the overhead bound move that looks like 1+2+5. :)

Ah, now I know what you mean^^

Good games Doomshine. The other guy thought you were mocking him with Bosco, that's why I asked you to change the characters. Sorry^^
By the way, it's really easy to drop combos with Leo...

GrayFoxPL

I actually know these things, but I'm not able to use them. I can only fight with Steve in theory :p
And yeah, ws+1+2 is underused. It's also a cool mindgame in full crouch. I eat a lot of df+1 or db+2. I'm afraid to duck because my opponent might launch me. It's a bit like Lee's slide or ws+2,3. Crouching opponents can be scary ;)

Never seen it in match videos, but now backsway seems 100 times more useful to me. In my most hated situation - cornered, I can try 1 jab or db+1 then sway back and try to wall push or risk b4,2 and if opponent will catch up I can try b+1 ch after jab.

I'm no Sun Tzu but it's at least some kind of idea.

Generally I saw lately b+3_4 canceled from jabs as a pretty good alternative for 3,1,1 general thing I do because after 121 people like to duck for some reason. But this, this isn't bad. Look at that - b3,1 is 0 -1 on block and +6-7 on hit and leave them crouched, that could really mess someone's day up. I gotta use this more now. b+3,2 is a total yolo or you mastered predicting highs. Launch punishable, but back at the wall I might as well do it, if I'm gonna get wallsplated by 235 different options there's no place to whine for trying anything.

Sayah

2 more?

I feel something warm inside.

Even if Rise of Incastrates is one of the titles, the other can be:

Urban Reign 2

Tekken Zero (15 year old Heihachi)

Tekken RPG

Tekken x GrayFoxPL Fuck Off Already

LOL.

If ROI counts, I want SoulCalibur VI to be the other title. If not that, then a SoulCalibur crossover with Final Fantasy. :)

sasuke_91

Never seen it in match videos, but now backsway seems 100 times more useful to me. In my most hated situation - cornered, I can try 1 jab or db+1 then sway back and try to wall push or risk b4,2 and if opponent will catch up I can try b+1 ch after jab.

I'm no Sun Tzu but it's at least some kind of idea.

Generally I saw lately b+3_4 canceled from jabs as a pretty good alternative for 3,1,1 general thing I do because after 121 people like to duck for some reason. But this, this isn't bad. Look at that - b3,1 is 0 -1 on block and +6-7 on hit and leave them crouched, that could really mess someone's day up. I gotta use this more now. b+3,2 is a total yolo or you mastered predicting highs. Launch punishable, but back at the wall I might as well do it, if I'm gonna get wallsplated by 235 different options there's no place to whine for trying anything.

People tend to duck after 1,2,1 because they expect d2. Too many Steve players abusing stuff like this.
b3,2 is totally yolo, but I get some hits sometimes, especially at the wall. Very rewarding, as you get a full combo out of it.

Tekken x GrayFoxPL Fuck Off Already

I would totally play this game.

LOL.

If ROI counts, I want SoulCalibur VI to be the other title. If not that, then a SoulCalibur crossover with Final Fantasy. :)

Guys, you got this wrong. We already got Tekken Card Tournament, so the next game is obviously going to be Tekken: Chain of Memories, where Lars shows off his flashy keyblade and fights Jin in his mysterious castle. His comrades are going to be Alisa and Kuma.

Sayah

Hey SoulCalibur x Star Wars happened (Darth Vader for ever!) so anything's possible.

I remember when they first revealed Yoda and Darth Vader. I was so hype back then.

How did Namco even manage to secure rights for those two, I don't know but I was glad it happened.

Guys, you got this wrong. We already got Tekken Card Tournament, so the next game is obviously going to be Tekken: Chain of Memories, where Lars shows off his flashy keyblade and fights Jin in his mysterious castle. His comrades are going to be Alisa and Kuma.

LMAO

GrayFoxPL

I'd play this. I'd kill off Alisa at the start by throwing her into a group of lvl 1 cactus people.
Also change Larsesesesses'es name to "uf+3 - Got that memorized?"

I remember when they first revealed Yoda and Darth Vader. I was so hype back then.

How did Namco even manage to secure rights for those two, I don't know but I was glad it happened.

Yeah, something hard to predict, I guess LucasArts really wanted to push Unleashed.

I loved playing as Vader and his Force mechanics were really well thought off.

I'd say this - best playable Vader ever made.

SW fighting game made by SC dev team = Legendary.

sasuke_91

I'd play this. I'd kill off Alisa at the start by throwing her into a group of lvl 1 cactus people.
Also change Larsesesesses'es name to "uf+3 - Got that memorized?"

Lars: "Hey Alisa, bet you don't know why the sunset's red. You see, light is made out of lots of colors and out of all those colors, red is the one that travels the furthest" *smirk*
Alisa: "Appu-foowaado-surii-sama, why do you tell me this?"
Lars: "I don't know, I'm drunk"

God, I would hate the characters so much...

Sayah

Lots of people are liking Gravity Falls, maybe I'll give that a watch.
You're the one who posted the gif that started all of this, haha. I thought you would have watched it.

The scene that gif is from is also hilarious. AMBULANCE. I heard a girl just got BURRRNNED.

Lars: "Hey Alisa, bet you don't know why the sunset's red. You see, light is made out of lots of colors and out of all those colors, red is the one that travels the furthest" *smirk*
Alisa: "Appu-foowaado-surii-sama, why do you tell me this?"
Lars: "I don't know, I'm drunk"

God, I would hate the characters so much...

lol.
Yeah, something hard to predict, I guess LucasArts really wanted to push Unleashed.

I loved playing as Vader and his Force mechanics were really well thought off.

I'd say this - best playable Vader ever made.

SW fighting game made by SC dev team = Legendary.

Yeah, I would love a Star Wars game made by SC dev team. Would be awesome.
I would also LOVE it if SC team made a Fire Emblem fighting game. Like that would be one of the best things ever.

You're the one who posted the gif that started all of this, haha. I thought you would have watched it.

The scene that gif is from is also hilarious. AMBULANCE. I heard a girl just got BURRRNNED.

lol.

Yeah, I would love a Star Wars game made by SC dev team. Would be awesome.
I would also LOVE it if SC team made a Fire Emblem fighting game. Like that would be one of the best things ever.
There is a gifset of that scene all over tumblr, which is where I got that gif from.

Sayah

My personal favorite episodes are the dance party where Pacifica is introduced and the Bunker episode from season 2, but there's a lot of quality episodes.

EDIT: Here's the scene, Tera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cHJvdrHoa4

The dance party episode is amazing.

I also love the mini-golf one, the one focusing on 2D fighters, and the episode about the haunted convenience store.

And awesome. I wanted to relive that scene. haha

Shun

The EVO 2014 TTT2 T-Shirt made me a Devil Asuka believer.

Any chance at Devil Asuka :[

Br6uPv4IcAA8_Wo.png

I also missed EVO and I really wanted to get one of these shirts :/

Markman, please.

Top Bottom