• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

AAK

ibegkw8Rd3kkqQ.gif

This is the greatest film ever. As for intimidation... him acting tough in toilets is where it's at ;)

hqdefault.jpg

School would be less daunting if I didn't have to work. But it can get really aggravating when there's papers and exams. So many nights spent staying up trying to finish work.

The main thing about school for me is that you know there is always a solution in a book or in your professor's head. The simple fact of knowing where the solution is makes extracting that information infinitely easier to get the project done. In real life your employer usually doesn't know or care about the science behind the things they want from you... so it's up to you to pull out magic from your hat and get the project done in a way that pleases them AND done at a strict deadline. Extracting information to get the project done is so much scarier in real life :(
Assuming you don't have a supervisor. If you have a supervisor then you know who to ask haha /engineeringgrad

So I'm on holidays now and I feel like playing Tekken all day.

Anybody here want to play with me in a bit? :)

You live in Australia... If I was you I'd be at the arcade :p

Flyingwonkey is on this forum, you can try getting some games with him. But I guess he may be a little burnt out from Shadowlow Showdown maybe... nah no such thing :p

I've played with him a few times. He doesn't seem that active online though. Or maybe he plays during the night. I'll send him a message anyway.

Edit: thanks for the games, Manny. Got scared when I saw your ranks. I was doing okay until you realized I can't dealt with pressure, lol.

Had to switch out Leo because her combos don't work on 1 bar, but otherwise it was very playable on my end.

Yeah, I am claiming the Bob/Law team. I've been getting rekt by people, and recking people.

Had a few games with sword of dios and WayGamble, I ain't scurred no more.

Just really ready for the next Tekken, with all that said Tag 2 gets less exciting every time I play it.

I got Anakin to the last round of a match twice, I definitely don't care about win percentages and popular players anymore.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I can't believe Harada-san tricked me like that. I guess this pretty much confirms Lili, Asuka, Xiaoyu, and Alisa are going to be in Tekken 7.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

He kept retweeting the stupid pre-stream conference, only to reveal that all they (he and the Tekken team) had to show was the above; what Sasuke posted.

I just said the other thing because those are the four characters that reek of "Summer Lessons" the most.

AAK

Damn, mystery project number five was a Morpheus app all along. I would NEVER have guessed. I was almost convinced it was going to be a new SC.

This makes me wonder... if it really is the last thing Harada is involved with... then that must mean Hoshino has full reigns over the next Soul Calibur. Probably looks like another long term project as is TxSF.

Regardless though, Summer Lesson is pretty damn creepy.

I've played with him a few times. He doesn't seem that active online though.

Who the hell plays in midday during a weekday!?!?!?

Regardless of the 1 bar goodness, GGs.

Still feeling a bit burnt out from SSV but yet... For StrongStyle... I still must play!

Edit: Hahahahha oh wow Summer Lesson. Bandai Namco executives really putting the Tekken team to work with all these projects. Not really interested too much in it but.... Xiaoyu!?

AAK

Damn, I lasted like 10 seconds through that miku video. That is things of nightmare!

Still feeling a bit burnt out from SSV but yet... For StrongStyle... I still must play!

Edit: Hahahahha oh wow Summer Lesson. Bandai Namco executives really putting the Tekken team to work with all these projects. Not really interested too much in it but.... Xiaoyu!?

Yo how was SSV? Get to chill with anyone cool? How'd your matches go. Spill the beans!

sasuke_91

Hahahahha oh wow Summer Lesson. Bandai Namco executives really putting the Tekken team to work with all these projects. Not really interested too much in it but.... Xiaoyu!?

Xiaoyu/Alisa/Lilly/Asuka as DLC characters... I can already see this coming :/

Damn, I lasted like 10 seconds through that miku video. That is things of nightmare!

I hope the link has the correct time stamp. I wanted to show the kissing scene and daaamn... never was I so ashamed of the human race. I think Vocaloid is very interesting, but they have been taking this way too far.

GrayFoxPL

They put Jack as a character in that thing, and I'm in. Totally down to hang out with a giant action figure.

Manny coming out as robosexual. :D

I will probably never gonna have chance to try it, but if I could I would.

Let me fondle Nina's ...guns, Harada.

So is there another project?

AAK

Xiaoyu/Alisa/Lilly/Asuka as DLC characters... I can already see this coming :/

I hope the link has the correct time stamp. I wanted to show the kissing scene and daaamn... never was I so ashamed of the human race. I think Vocaloid is very interesting, but they have been taking this way too far.

Yeah don't worry, the time stamp worked
Damn you!

They put Jack as a character in that thing, and I'm in. Totally down to hang out with a giant action figure.

Me: "Yo sup Jack!"

Jack: "Wra"

Me: "..... so what can you do?"

Jack: "Wra"

Me: "Common say something!"

Jack: "Wrei"

Me: " Dangit you piece of junk I'm gonna send you to the trash!"

Jack: *glares at me with this coming from the speakers*

Well... if it was Kazuya the screen would probably just show this:

iJ6lVc97uHn2U.gif

GrayFoxPL

But if they put Namco's properties in this just imagine the potential.

Non sexual content.

Buying Ridge Racer dlc

You are on a racing track, all around you super detailed Ridge city.

Coming up on hyper detailed RR car.

Looking around in, opening door, interior looks insane.

Sitting inside, playing with the dashboard.

Closing doors. Pushing "Start Engine". Machine roars.

You take it on a spin of totally remade classic RR track.

Shivers.

Same with Ace Combat.

Imagine Tekken and Soul Calibur content like professionally choreographed fights eg Kazuya vs Jin on a stormy night where you can walk around them, pause, take pictures.

Potential.

Sayah

The main thing about school for me is that you know there is always a solution in a book or in your professor's head. The simple fact of knowing where the solution is makes extracting that information infinitely easier to get the project done. In real life your employer usually doesn't know or care about the science behind the things they want from you... so it's up to you to pull out magic from your hat and get the project done in a way that pleases them AND done at a strict deadline. Extracting information to get the project done is so much scarier in real life :(
Assuming you don't have a supervisor. If you have a supervisor then you know who to ask haha /engineeringgrad

Yes, true that.

And that Hatsune Miku video just made me cringe like I've never cringed before.

Uggghh.

An unemployed student on holidays. :p I'm usually on late afternoon or weekends.

But yeah, connection wasn't the best. My games with Manny felt a lot less laggy. Which is weird since he lives on a different continent. GGs, no amount of yolo f+3,4's will help me beat a good Lei player. ;_;

Dereck

Speedkicks is effortlessly ducking under mid high strings from so many players, he's punishing just about everything, while laughing it off like it's an everyday thing. Anakin plays super defensive also and makes unquestionable comebacks over and over. After playing the game for such a long time being good becomes second nature, and rank becomes obsolete. Anakin has a Funjin ranked Mokujin, this guy just doesn't care and doesn't seem to be discouraged by losing, or pressure.

I'm the dumb dumb that didn't link to the stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/hoaluu629/b/561555768?t=90m00s

Sayah

Speedkicks is effortlessly ducking under mid high strings from so many players, he's punishing just about everything, while laughing it off like it's an everyday thing. Anakin plays super defensive also and makes unquestionable comebacks over and over. After playing the game for such a long time being good becomes second nature, and rank becomes obsolete. Anakin has a Funjin ranked Mokujin, this guy just doesn't care and doesn't seem to be discouraged by losing, or pressure.

I am no where at SpeedKicks or Anakins level. Not even close. But yeah, I think that is the way to play. Just chill and don't stress over losses or demotions. The best way to avoid frustration while playing Tekken is to multi-task. This is the reason why I miss a lot of messages on PSN. I am more often than not doing something else while waiting for a match to begin. Generally reading a book, cleaning/chores (haha), eating, doing school work, etc.

I got Anna demoted to Destroyer. Then I get her promoted back to Genbu. All happened within a day. lol. It's just a cycle.

Even on weekends :(
All dependent on the workload.
Then again, I am a procrastinator. :p

Yo how was SSV? Get to chill with anyone cool? How'd your matches go. Spill the beans!

I wanted to be so lazy but okay, fine.

Wall of text about SSV so feel free to skip if you don't care.

SSV was a great experience solely on all the players that managed to get down there and play but not really much great in terms of venue space and Tekken setups.

There were around... 5 I think(?) total TTT2 stations and a whole bunch of Tekken players in a small area trying to watch some Tekken. As you can imagine, it wasn't very spacious and it was a little uncomfortable to say the least. Some people had to resort to moving tables and getting people to stand on them to enjoy watching some Tekken.

About my matches, I'm just going to go by memory here....

I got to play Shungoku Neurosis from Japan for my first match in pools and it was a little funny to see him saying he loves my YouTube channel right before the match started lol. I knew he played Devil Jin / Jaycee from seeing him in Mastercup and he doesn't really play this game like he does with other fighting games so I wasn't really worried. The Devil Jin, I could deal with but Jaycee was the annoying character. From what I remember from the match, he did a lot of 1,1,1s, d/b+4 and hopkicks with Jaycee but I eventually managed to beat him through DVJ by punishing all the whiffed electrics and hellsweeps he kept doing. 2 - 0 me

Next match was against Barry the local Jaycee/Lili player which I had no idea I was playing at first. He's entered onto the bracket as 'Virgin Lili' and I thought that this guy was just going to be some casual player who signed up for fun lol. In the match, he was really trying hard win. He must of hit me with a billion lows from Lili with d/b+3, the sliding low, root of evil etc and then would just randomly d/f+3+4 every now and then. I managed to actually beat him and get a match through really punishing those d/f+3+4s that he would do and then try to down jab after getting it blocked. (Does every fucking Lili player always do this?) Anyways it was really close to the last round/match but, when I got Devil Jin's u+4 blocked from expecting a low from Jaycee he hopkick'd me out of it. The first hit of the hopkick whiffed but the 2nd hit got Devil Jin out of the air and he got the juggle that carried me to the wall for the 2 - 1 win. Bah.

Losers' Bracket was a match against Koshimae (Leo/Lars) and .... I'm glad these matches weren't recorded or streamed lol. This was just a putrid match to play in since we were both obviously playing really bad. He started off really aggressively with lows and throws and whenever he did manage to get a combo launch of me, he would frequently drop them, even if it was for the kill. I dropped a bunch of important combos with my team too (notably with Lei's ff+3 launch since the 1+2,1 part of his combo kept dropping) and was getting some d/f+2s when I needed a ewgf to come out. Lots of missed inputs, lots of weird trades, just ugh sloppy. I finally managed to get him in the last match with simple combos and punishing the tag in.

Next match with Scorpion from Brisbane who pretty much plays this game online. You know those players that live and breath this stuff online and tries to rank up with the entire roster. First match was against his Kazuya/Heihachi team and it was really close. I would of won the match but I dropped the backroll catch with Lei Wulong's u/f+3+4 into Bt+1, 44 B! which he teched and killed me. 2nd match he swapped to his main team of Nina/King and I've gotta say weren't really all that impressive then I had thought (He kept just doing d/f+1s and d+4,1s with Nina which I thought was weird). I was always able to ewgf Nina and carry to the wall leaving just his King to constantly try to giant swing me. After I won that match, he swapped to Eddy/Christie and just fished for counter hits with b+1,4 and b+3,3. Shit sucks. :(

Looking back at my bracket, I was kinda surprised to see Neurosis do so well there. Wasn't expecting that lol.

There was only a few stations and a tournament to plow through so I didn't really get much casuals in at all. Just some matches with some of the locals for Top 8 warm-ups and Marimo from Brisbane. Managed to beat up all his 'just for fun' teams and go 1-1 with his mains. Those casuals and the tournament matches were the only Tekken I got to play over there. :(

A bunch of people from Sydney and Brisbane introduced themselves to me (I got a bunch of Ohhhhhh you're that guy reactions) and talking to HelpMe through his Line phone app translator thing was not exactly a straightforward process. Especially since I had to invite him to a Bolivian tournament on behalf of the players in South America and that took way too much time to get the message across lol.

Kinda mixed about the whole event but I got to play some Tekken so it was fine, well what little I could play.

Complimentary picture.

sasuke_91

Speedkicks is one of my favourite players. The way he plays with Hwoarang is just amazing, and he seems like a cool guy overall.

@Flying Wonkey: Interesting read. Thanks for sharing :)

Manbig

Why was that Scorpion dude allowed to change teams after he won the match? You guys running a different rule set down there?

Edit: Actually just re-read it. I dunno actually. The rulesets on Shadowloo Showdown were pretty barebones so I didn't even know if it was allowed or not.

Top Bottom