• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Sayah

The reason might be as simple and complicated as a contract.
If eg. Microsoft stated that if the game doesnt run and look equally as good as other platforms then it shouldn't be presented at all untill it is "fine" on XONE.
If they signed something like this then it might be one of the reasons we didn't see anything "real" yet.

Hmmmm.......they could still just show the arcade gameplay and not even announce the other versions. But I see what you're saying.

Hope it gets a proper reveal by TGS. In fact, I'll be confused if it doesn't.

It definitely has to now. I think people made it clear to Harada they need gameplay and not bad voice acting. I'll still keep expectations very low so I won't be disappointed.

I'm also amazed by this forum. Zero Suit Samus gets new outfit.......over 1,000 posts. Tekken 7 gets revealed........*cricket*

Well, that's an understatement. Tekken 7 did get a lot of conversation. I'm just amazed at how a new outfit can get that much discussion. It'd be like saying, Lili has a frilly skirt. Let's talk about this for 50 pages. Nintendo fans be crazy on this site, lol.

sasuke_91

Yeah he said characters. He was later suggesting me to use one of the mishimas. But for some reason i usually prefer girl characters since i don't like to play as uber buff guys. So i still have choices left in tekken since it such a diverse cast. Also yeah i noticed higher ranks can block my ling lows 80% of the time. So i try to mix them up more thanks for the tips. My juggles are not very good though further then some jabs with a kick behind it i haven't developed it. My Alisa juggles are way better but have some problems with launching with her since most of them are pretty slow. Also still need to adjust a bit too the ps3 dpad the u/f or d/f etc are a bit hard to do because i have not fully adjusted to that and sometimes do a back instead of a down back. I do have a headsets for my pc but it is with a audio 3,5mm port plug in. Guess they don't work with ps3 and need an usb one? I think i have to decline your offer then since it is not a most effective way of communicating. But thanks for the offer i will defitnely use your tips and try hypnose stand more. I just need to know when the opportunity is the best to use it if you use it too close you will get punished if i am to far they will anticipate it. Lastly dutch swear words are horrible do not like them since we like to swear a lot with diseases and don't know a lot of other languages who use those as swearing words.

Mishimas are not a very good choice for beginners. Kazuya for example has a very limited moveset, nothing you can surprise or get 50/50 mix ups with. He relies a lot on his punishing and juggling and those need some very high execution and knowledge of the characters. Stick with Xiaoyu, she's already hard enough of a character.
I use a bluetooth headset for my PS3, but yeah 3.5mm won't work. Too bad.

Hey av2k. I'm online now playing with sasuke. Let me know if you want to join.
Or if anyone else wants to join, you're welcome to. :)

By the way, were those 4 bars legit? I still can't believe we get such a good connection although we live so far away from each other. And ggs, it's fun to play against you.

GrayFoxPL

Hmmmm.......they could still just show the arcade gameplay and not even announce the other versions. But I see what you're saying.

It definitely has to now. I think people made it clear to Harada they need gameplay and not bad voice acting. I'll still keep expectations very low so I won't be disappointed.

I'm also amazed by this forum. Zero Suit Samus gets new outfit.......over 1,000 posts. Tekken 7 gets revealed........*cricket*

Well, that's an understatement. Tekken 7 did get a lot of conversation. I'm just amazed at how a new outfit can get that much discussion. It'd be like saying, Lili has a frilly skirt. Let's talk about this for 50 pages. Nintendo fans be crazy on this site, lol.

Frilly skirts are broken and should be banned. Anything that covers characters limbs and their movement. Lili had this in T6 I think.
No, I'm serious.

Is PSN only acting up on my side? 2nd day I can't play because psn is offline most of the day.

Sayah

Frilly skirts are broken and should be banned. Anything that covers characters limbs and their movement. Lili had this in T6 I think.
No, I'm serious.

Is PSN only acting up on my side? 2nd day I can't play because psn is offline most of the day.

Hmmmmm......didn't think of it that way but I get your point.

And yes, PSN is down for me. Maybe this gives me an excuse to finally get some SP games going.

By the way, were those 4 bars legit? I still can't believe we get such a good connection although we live so far away from each other. And ggs, it's fun to play against you.

Yep, ggs. And yes, I'm surprised at how good the connection is.

A-tier netcode. I can only think it will get even better for Tekken 7.

sasuke_91

Ohhh. Thanks for the confirmation. :/

Btw Sasuke I see you are playing US Tekken GAF late at night.

When do you sleep, Batman? :)

Wish I could play at night. Instead I'm watching random Tekken vids all night.

It's only until tommorow, then I'll go to sleep at 1/2 AM again. But these last few days... more like 5 AM in the morning :D
Not too healthy, but I'll find my regular sleep pattern again real quick.

GrayFoxPL

Harada's ALS ice bucket challenge.

Look at that Heihachi-kun. What an awesome dog.

Heihachi-kun must be in Tekken 7. MUST. Electric Wind God Paw!

iboUcO7hnF0e8a.gif

iwL8tRN5iQCzI.gif

His reaction at "Ono".

ig6vsSJP1a2QA.gif

It's only until tommorow, then I'll go to sleep at 1/2 AM again. But these last few days... more like 5 AM in the morning :D
Not too healthy, but I'll find my regular sleep pattern again real quick.

You gonna be fighting in your dreams. Wake up and the room is destroyed, fist holes in walls and cats meawing in fear. ;D

Manbig

d'awwwwwww

Is that stuff not escapable like the infinites?

Or is it just a conventional reset that can be tag crashed or tech'd?

It's inescapable. If you see when I had it paused, I had the dummy set to tech.

That's the REAL thing about the Bob reset glitch. The Bob infinite is whatever, but pretty much the whole cast can add anywhere from 15 to 40 damage to all of their juggles using the glitch. You CANNOT tech or tag crash it when it is used properly.

Sayah

It's inescapable. If you see when I had it paused, I had the dummy set to tech.

That's the REAL thing about the Bob reset glitch. The Bob infinite is whatever, but pretty much the whole cast can add anywhere from 15 to 40 damage to all of their juggles using the glitch. You CANNOT tech or tag crash it when it is used properly.

How hard would this be in an actual match? I'm trying this in practice and Marduk's CR 1+2 just hits as a 9 hit combo. My dexterity sucks.

Is the SS necessary with Bob before doing WS 2,1?

I haven't really been seeing Bob's doing this online or even attempting it.

Manbig

How hard would this be in an actual match? I'm trying this in practice and Marduk's CR 1+2 just hits as a 9 hit combo. My dexterity sucks.

Is the SS necessary with Bob before doing WS 2,1?

I haven't really been seeing Bob's doing this online or even attempting it.

It's easier for some characters. Dragunov has a super easy pick up using dash into 3,1. The trick for Marduk is to do a slight dash and go into VTS, then cancel the VTS and do the headbutt. If your headbutt is hitting as part of the combo, then you need to do it slightly later.

For a lot of characters this is very practical and actually quite easy to use. Marduk's is tougher to land than most, but as I said earlier, I believe that it can be made practical with lots of practice since I was doing all of this last night on a very laggy TV.

Donated my $100 to the ALS cause. An ice bucket is perhaps a future episode of my life, but for now I will do like Mr.Harada and donate.

Fortunately, Xiaoyu doesn't get much off the Bob reset. Raven is kinda interesting however, but is more flash than broken. Really hope Tekken 7 is in the near future, because Bob will surely ruin TTT2 and people like Kor will put up a heck of a fight to not have Bob banned.

Kor retired didn't he? I mean considering Anakin "retired" its probably only temporrary.

I don't think Bob will ruin a game that's not getting any new players anyways. That's like saying Bob ruined Tekken 6 when it was pretty much DOA anyways.

sasuke_91

sasuke_91, good games, minus the subtle lag of course lol. Like your Hwo-Steve and Ling/Leo teams.

Good games. The lag was not that noticable this time. There were days were it was really bad.
I really like your Bruce. And I eat more of Kazuya's WS 2 than I would like to admit.

Went to ranked after that and played... okay, until I got a promotion match for Steve. A 10th Dan Solo Hwoarang, and well... he was not really good, but he definitely knew how to push buttons.
Lost in the final round and I played bad as hell. Hwoarang is my main, so I know a bit about him, but I used nothing of that against him...
I think I'll even record that match, just so you can see the way I play in ranked matches^^

Sayah

I have watched the first season of Gravity Falls and this is amazing.

I generally DESPISE episodic shows (outside of sitcoms). This show is great outside of the crazy old man. I do not like that character. The police officers are also pretty dumb. But everything else is wonderful.

Do you like me Tekken-Gaf?

tumblr_m7aibe365u1qeh64lo2_500.gif

Donated my $100 to the ALS cause. An ice bucket is perhaps a future episode of my life, but for now I will do like Mr.Harada and donate.

Fortunately, Xiaoyu doesn't get much off the Bob reset. Raven is kinda interesting however, but is more flash than broken. Really hope Tekken 7 is in the near future, because Bob will surely ruin TTT2 and people like Kor will put up a heck of a fight to not have Bob banned.

I wouldn't put the verdict on it yet. Waiting for StrongStyle matches to be posted/dissected so I can see how much of a factor this really is.

BTW, does Harada and Co. know about Bob infinite/reset? Just wondering.

It's easier for some characters. Dragunov has a super easy pick up using dash into 3,1. The trick for Marduk is to do a slight dash and go into VTS, then cancel the VTS and do the headbutt. If your headbutt is hitting as part of the combo, then you need to do it slightly later.

For a lot of characters this is very practical and actually quite easy to use. Marduk's is tougher to land than most, but as I said earlier, I believe that it can be made practical with lots of practice since I was doing all of this last night on a very laggy TV.

Will have to try it out with Dragunov.

At least, I'm SOMEWHAT getting the hang of flapping butterfly loops. lol. I really want to learn joystick but I suck at it every time I try to. Like I get can't be my movement to feel right and it's awkward to try to play.

Manbig

I have watched the first season of Gravity Falls and this is amazing.

I generally DESPISE episodic shows (outside of sitcoms). This show is great outside of the crazy old man. I do not like that character. The police officers are also pretty dumb. But everything else is wonderful.

Do you like me Tekken-Gaf?

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you!

av2k

Kor retired didn't he? I mean considering Anakin "retired" its probably only temporrary.

I don't think Bob will ruin a game that's not getting any new players anyways. That's like saying Bob ruined Tekken 6 when it was pretty much DOA anyways.

I went Karaoking with Kor and his wife on Saturday night, he was asking me to unretire and get back into the game to help him level up which is the only way he'll continue playing again (pretty flattering imo). Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to travel and practice anymore but I'll try. :( He might do one more tournament but only because there's a cash prize of 1000$ in San Antonio in October. The only true opposition he'll face there is Overall and Knicks which he was able to figure out and beast at the last major Houston tournament.

If you guys have any questions that you want me to relay to him, please feel free to ask.

As for Bob ruining Tekken 6, I will say that it turned off a ton of players because of how broken he was. So I will have to say that Bob did significantly hurt the player base as well as the longevity of the game(In Houston at least).

sasuke_91

Weell... good games GrayFoxPL. PSN is really unreliable lately.
That last match was so exciting and we'll never know who would have won D:

m0t0k1

Mishimas are not a very good choice for beginners. Kazuya for example has a very limited moveset, nothing you can surprise or get 50/50 mix ups with. He relies a lot on his punishing and juggling and those need some very high execution and knowledge of the characters. Stick with Xiaoyu, she's already hard enough of a character.
I use a bluetooth headset for my PS3, but yeah 3.5mm won't work. Too bad.

Yeah i tried playing him in the beginning of the game. But had some troubles with opening characters up and yeah he was really input heavy. So tried a more mix up heavy character and next one i tried where lei and ling but had some troubles with the inputs on lei and decided to go with ling instead but yeah she is still hard to use. :p

GrayFoxPL

Weell... good games GrayFoxPL. PSN is really unreliable lately.
That last match was so exciting and we'll never know who would have won D:

Good games. I couldn't play at all after disconnection hell. Later I tried got few fights and it was dead again. I don't know if it's my connection or psn.

I'm sorry guys I didn't answer. Parents were busy renewing/repainting my room and there was none to push the ps button, I don't have it on this pad.

Yeah i tried playing him in the beginning of the game. But had some troubles with opening characters up and yeah he was really input heavy. So tried a more mix up heavy character and next one i tried where lei and ling but had some troubles with the inputs on lei and decided to go with ling instead but yeah she is still hard to use. :p

Try a middle ground. Like Feng. He has decent mixups but he's more straight forward and can be played as a heavy hitter. Very good character.

Characters like Bryan, Dragunov, Asuka have no real stances and can mix up very well.
A.King is probably the best striker-grappler in the game.

m0t0k1

Try a middle ground. Like Feng. He has decent mixups but he's more straight forward and can be played as a heavy hitter. Very good character.

Characters like Bryan, Dragunov, Asuka have no real stances and can mix up very well.
A.King is probably the best striker-grappler in the game.

Dziękuję for the character tips :) I would like to try fang out he seems like a good character. I used Bryan in tekken 5 for a bit but man snake edge still gets me every time same goes for my cousin i used to play :lol. Grapplers have never been characters for me always have troubles with the circular motions for grabs. Haven't tried any in tekken tag yet since i am just too bad with them.

GrayFoxPL

Dziękuję for the character tips :) I would like to try fang out he seems like a good character. I used Bryan in tekken 5 for a bit but man snake edge still gets me every time same goes for my cousin i used to play :lol. Grapplers have never been characters for me always have troubles with the circular motions for grabs. Haven't tried any in tekken tag yet since i am just too bad with them.

Prosze bardzo :).

Btw Forest is probably the best character that's easy to use. No dss, straight forward Forest from Tekken 3 with fun juggles and never failing Dragon Cannon(ff+3). Uwaaaa!

m0t0k1

Prosze bardzo :).

Btw Forest is probably the best character that's easy to use. No dss, straight forward Forest from Tekken 3 with fun juggles and never failing Dragon Cannon(ff+3). Uwaaaa!

Haha i played marshall law in tekken revolution i scrubbed my way through the ranks. Forest should be more based like the old law from tekken 1,2 and became his own character in 3 right? Those invincible move did ruin revolution from playing the game long though. Yeah you know when to expect them etc but still the idea of them turns me of from that game. But he is indeed a fun character to use. Although i don't know many juggles with him gonna watch some tutorial vids off him in ttt2.

sasuke_91

Good games. I couldn't play at all after disconnection hell. Later I tried got few fights and it was dead again. I don't know if it's my connection or psn.

I'm sorry guys I didn't answer. Parents were busy renewing/repainting my room and there was none to push the ps button, I don't have it on this pad.

It definitely was PSN. I played with Doomshine later and we were disconnected twice in the middle of a match and it didn't connect a few times before the match until we gave up.

Forest Law is an easy character to pick up. Just don't abuse Dragon Tail :D

AAK

All those Gravity Falls gifs are making me smile! :) Thanks for posting them. And yes, Mable is just so special. But I actually really enjoy Seuss, a lot of the laughs for me came through his delivery. Can't wait to see how season 2 plays through!

Here's a few examples of the Marduk/Bob reset glitch juggles that I was streaming last night.

http://youtu.be/KkS4kWdG8Mk

Oh man... that's so brutal. I need to do some experimenting myself since Julia has some really easy reset moves like d+1,4 and d/f+3 that don't need me to go into FC or anything that execution intesive. But yes... please kill bob like T4 Jin.

I caught up with Ricko Suave but I doubt he really plays this game anymore.

『 TTT2 』 legsock vs kdl306

I think it's more of how suffocating your playstyle is :p But yeah he wasn't playing as dirty as I remember haha... needs way more Marduk f,f+1+2's!

BTW since your mains are Bob/Law... I'm sure you can also take advantage of Bob's iWS+2,1 reset glitch. I'm guessing some ideas can be Law's iWS+4 or b+2 to get the reset? That'll give you way more damage for sure than the generic f,f+2,1,3 ender.

I went Karaoking with Kor and his wife on Saturday night, he was asking me to unretire and get back into the game to help him level up which is the only way he'll continue playing again (pretty flattering imo). Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to travel and practice anymore but I'll try. :( He might do one more tournament but only because there's a cash prize of 1000$ in San Antonio in October. The only true opposition he'll face there is Overall and Knicks which he was able to figure out and beast at the last major Houston tournament.

If you guys have any questions that you want me to relay to him, please feel free to ask.

As for Bob ruining Tekken 6, I will say that it turned off a ton of players because of how broken he was. So I will have to say that Bob did significantly hurt the player base as well as the longevity of the game(In Houston at least).

Ah that's cool you guys chilled with each other. The time I met KOR in Toronto he was so soft spoken I couldn't ever imagine him at karaoke LOL. One thing though... when I see KOR really go into Zen mode during the various streams it's just a sight to behold. I can't even hate his choice to go with Bob because his play is just so pristine. Hope to see more of him, such a talented dude. Another guy that also meets criteria is Slips. Even though he uses capo's... can't hate him just because of how incredible it is to see him play at such a speed. He won a major in TTT2 without ever using B+1,4 series haha.

And about T6... as bad as Bob was I definitely felt Lars was even worse in that game. But I suppose it was a combination of Bob, Lars, Bryan, and Law that made that game's popularity dwindle.

av2k

Ah that's cool you guys chilled with each other. The time I met KOR in Toronto he was so soft spoken I couldn't ever imagine him at karaoke LOL. One thing though... when I see KOR really go into Zen mode during the various streams it's just a sight to behold. I can't even hate his choice to go with Bob because his play is just so pristine. Hope to see more of him, such a talented dude. Another guy that also meets criteria is Slips. Even though he uses capo's... can't hate him just because of how incredible it is to see him play at such a speed. He won a major in TTT2 without ever using B+1,4 series haha.

And about T6... as bad as Bob was I definitely felt Lars was even worse in that game. But I suppose it was a combination of Bob, Lars, Bryan, and Law that made that game's popularity dwindle.

Bob is waaaaaaaay worse than Lars in Tekken 6 in my opinion. Lars is good in some aspects but Bob's advantages far outweigh Lars.

T6 Bob:
Range - Bob's main advantage in the game, he has jack range but with fast - everything. Keep in mind that nearly all of his moves were nerfed before he was put into TTT2 yet he's still godly in that game as well.
Cracker Jack (u/f+1+2,1+2) is brutal, safe, damaging, goes under highs, hit confirmable, AND wall splats for more damage. Can also punish things other characters have a hard time punishing such as heihachi's ff+2 or deathfists) Works super well with side stepping.
ff+1+2 and d,d/f,d,d/f+1+2 throws. Both throws scale with Rage mode and the second can lead to 60% combos with a wall involved.
d+1 - Extremely hard to step, mid, safe, fast, far reaching, and extremely damaging on ch with oki
magic 4 - ....magic 4. lol
ss+1+2 - one of the few things that weren't nerfed in TTT2, cuts through everything, very good move, can be spammed at walls
d/b+3 - far reaching, + frames, hard to step low
d/b+3+4, 4 - unseeable damaging low, without the need to crouch dash or movement inputs, murders people at the wall.
cd+4, 1+2 - hellsweep that isn't steppable in T6, can take up nearly half the screen (mishima's entire crouch dash game can be stepped by stepping left)
clean/safe cd+1 - far reaching, clean hit, safe, super damaging if connect
d/f+1,2 - one of the best d/f+1s in the game, second hit causes crumple stun, if being stepped you would use b+2,2 instead which has it's own ridiculous options. So fighting bob is a chore because you have to remember to sidewalk left (vs d/f+1) but sidestep right(vs b+2).
1+3/2+4 throws - can easily lead to super good oki, if stood up incorrectly, Bob can land a full d+2,1,2,2 on your back

Lars is good but he's not Bob good.
1,2 - fast jabs and has some tracking for some weird reason, I still would rather take Bob's jab range over this
d/f+1 - great but no options like Bob's d/f+1 or his b+2 series
ff+4,3 - pretty good unseeable low + great damage, I would still take Bob's d/b+3+4,4 over this move because that can be done from any position whereas Lar's requires three inputs.
d/b+4 - great jab crush, need ch to combo, I would rather take Bob's guaranteed damage/far reaching/unsteppable hellsweep instead.
f+1+2 - this move was super godly in T6
ff+1+2 - safe mid launcher but steppable
u/f+4 - u/f+4 is great, safe, and damaging but limited use in high level matches. You can use it as a crush but if Bob is using jabs, then you'll get floated for a combo instead. Not enough speed to use it consistently vs bob.
u/f+3 - great move but again, high risk/high reward, bob doesn't need to do high risk to cause ridiculous damage (jab spam, cracker jack confirm, throws that double as launchers, counter hit safe moves).
b+1 - AMAZING side step catcher and overrall great move, none enough to hurt bob though

there's so much to get into but Bob also has better Okizeme (b+1+2 enders) than Lars as well as movement options(b+3+4). That's not to say he's invincible, he does have bad match ups such as Steve (b+1 shuts down everything, Lars is better vs steve).

phew, so yeah, I think T6 Bob is way more godly than Lars.

AAK

Yeah Bob's strengths are disproportionately massive over anyone else in the cast...but what made me put Lars over Bob was the simple fact that Lars was THE complete character. He had everything when it came to punishment, damage, tracking, wall pressure, crush moves, and movement. It was the complete package. But alas I did forget about Bob's jab range, that does change things I agree.

Both Lars/Bob were brand new characters to T6... what horrors await us for the brand new characters of T7! :p

Fraeon

d+1 - Extremely hard to step, mid, safe, fast, far reaching, and extremely damaging on ch with oki

Not just safe. I mean, d+1 is still safe in TTT2.

That shit was pretty much neutral on block. Neutral. On. Block.

(But the funniest thing is that even that version of Bob is worse than the version T6.0 had...)

Both Lars/Bob were brand new characters to T6... what horrors await us for the brand new characters of T7! :p

We could also end up with a character like Zafina, who is complete ass compared to the rest of the cast.

Speaking of Bob, though. I'm seriously considering switching from Alex to him. Broadly speaking, he's got all the tools Alex has except he actually does some pretty hefty damage. And the synergy with Lili is a lot better.

Manbig

Don't forget about Bob's crazy good oki after a full juggle by ending his juggles with the second hit of that CH string after he bounds you.

Oh, and the wall splat on normal hit for his backswing blow.

Oh, and both d/b1+2 and his SRK going under mids.

The only real weaknesses that Bob had were lack of a 15f launcher for punishment from standing, and, as Fab used to complain about, lack of a lower risk low poke to end the round with.

AAK

We could also end up with a character like Zafina, who is complete ass compared to the rest of the cast.

Unfortunately their track record isn't the best haha. New in T4: Jin... New in T5: Feng... New in T6: Bob... New in T6BR: Lars... New in TTT2: Jinpachi

DR was the only version where there wasn't a brand new character that wasn't bullshit :p.

Sayah

I would be fine if Bob didn't make it to Tekken 7. >:)
But then I realize that he's also got a lot of fans.

Well, I'm sure he will be nerfed for T7. There's no way they're gonna keep the WS 2,1 move to have the same properties as it does now.

In any case, I've faced so much Bob now, I don't really have problems against Bob's online. Especially ones that like to spam b+2,2. I've often somehow ducked and launch punished that in recent months.

KOR is an awesome guy. He let me borrow his dualshock 3 charging cord since I left mines at home on tournament day. And I faced him during casual play. It was fun.
All those Gravity Falls gifs are making me smile! :) Thanks for posting them. And yes, Mable is just so special. But I actually really enjoy Seuss, a lot of the laughs for me came through his delivery. Can't wait to see how season 2 plays through!

Sus/Suess? is awesome. Gidoen is also one of those villains you just love to hate.

Fraeon

Funny thing is, Bob has plenty of quick and relatively quick mids to use so people just abusing the b+2 strings just baffle me. But instead of varying it up it's b+2, b+2, b+2, 2, b+2, 2, 4, b+2, b+2, b+2, 2...

Top Bottom